FM 12: Udinese Calcio- Dance like Boetang through the gates of paradise!

Should mention the January awards also:

Mehdi Benatia won African Defender of the Year and was also in the African XI of the Year.

Antonio Di Natale won Italian Player of the Year and came second in overall Player of the Year (behind Cavani)

Samir Handanovic was Italian GK of the Year

Gabriel Torje was 3rd in the Young Player of the Year.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've clinched the title with 3 games to spare. We made it hard for ourselves as the nerves hit. Needing just a point against Napoli at home we got battered 4-2. It was a shocking performance and 4 players were warned or fined for their performances. Next up we went away to Roma went 2-0 down got Badu sent off and I thought we were going to blow it. However some half time subs and a bold move of sticking with 2 upfront led to a great comeback and Danilo heading a last minute equaliser that clinched the Scudetto. This will allow me to rest players before the Coppa final against Palermo. Hoping to do the double!

Lost the Coppa final 1-0. Palermo are a bogey team :(

Oh well onto the summer. Looking for a Di Natales eventual replacement. Cassano is available for £4m but will be a short term fix. Jovetic or Abel Hernandez are top of my list but may be too expensive. I'd also like to bring in GDS from Spurs to offer an option wide. I've already got Davide Astori coming in on a free at the back and don't see the squad needing much else after my January business.

• 1 month later...

I've just taken over Udinese due to the amount of DM's they have. I am playing with 3 DM's so what they offer will be perfect for what I want.

The tactic I am using is detailed here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/308947-Three-Defensive-Midfielders.........is-it-as-defensive-as-it-sounds

Lost the Coppa final 1-0. Palermo are a bogey team :(

Oh well onto the summer. Looking for a Di Natales eventual replacement. Cassano is available for £4m but will be a short term fix. Jovetic or Abel Hernandez are top of my list but may be too expensive. I'd also like to bring in GDS from Spurs to offer an option wide. I've already got Davide Astori coming in on a free at the back and don't see the squad needing much else after my January business.

In my experience it was impossible to get GDS to Udinese. Even after i won the league, he chose I think Wolves ahead of me. Was desperate for him aswell.

Archived