Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ensign Greco:

isn't Blair's argument that the UK's role into Iraq had no part into the London Bombs equally lame and stupid as Livingstone's sudden re-implication of the perpetually evil Sharon?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every bit as lame and stupid, yes. Just like the statement that these acts are supported buy "only a tiny fraction of muslims".

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

Oh, and Red Ken is a twat of the highest order on this one. He seems to never have picked up on the fact that for years now the loonies have been railing against jews AND christians. And one of the things they seem most unhappy about are perceived crimes we committed up to 80 years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fact, as much of the recent rhetoric refers to the crusades, can I modify that to "over 800 years ago"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ensign Greco:

isn't Blair's argument that the UK's role into Iraq had no part into the London Bombs equally lame and stupid as Livingstone's sudden re-implication of the perpetually evil Sharon?

Ken is a dear, but on this one he talks out of his arse, especially when one notices what exactly goes on these days in Israel.

btw I watched a great documentary last night, I think it must have been a Panorama special, but the greek tv genious thought it wise to cut off the credits, it was british tv for sure, about the london bombs, it followed that guy around with the injured eye and burned face, and it had some interesting footage of a improptu occupation of the Finsbury Park Mosque by young muslims some months ago, where people were talking ON camera, about chopping off the heads of british soldiers. The speaker was a british muslim. Quite interesting.

My main question is this: am I the only one getting the impression that the muslim religious leadership in the UK does f*ck all to distance the community from extremist agitators? even now after the events i am under a curious impression that the leaders do not say enough against such acts. a kind of trying to balance something like "it's bad to do it in London but perfectly allright to do it in Iraq, or erm, NYC" kind of argument. Or I am getting a wrong picture because of distance? Do brits feel satisfied that the majority of muslim british is against such acts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a tough one Enrico. If they distance themselves too far people instantly associate them with the bombers and if they don't then people associate themselves with the bombers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

Can anybody guess how many suspected extremists have been turned in to the authorities yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A big fat lonley zero? People will have their suspicions but no-one wants to turn their son/husband/best friend in do they? Most people think the best "he's out with his friends" or whatever and say "but he was such a nice boy" when it turns out he blows himself to bits on the Number 30 bus.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every bit as lame and stupid, yes. Just like the statement that these acts are supported buy "only a tiny fraction of muslims". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, you are confusing sympathy with SOME of the issues with support for suicide bombers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

And why is it "Good stuff", do tell us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Israelis are as bad as the Palestinians. They are all as bad as each other in fact. Killing civilians with bombs from a jet fighter is no different from killing civilians with a suicide bomb.

And Sharon is a war criminal. Fact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Blair and Bush and Berlusconi are surely war criminals too then? Let's see Livingston go off on that one.

Have a great day mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't think Blair, Bush and Berlusconi were involved in the massacre of innocent refugees in 1982? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every bit as lame and stupid, yes. Just like the statement that these acts are supported buy "only a tiny fraction of muslims". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, you are confusing sympathy with SOME of the issues with support for suicide bombers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS. Take your head out of your ass and argue your points using either logical reasoning or factual evidence, or both, instead of spouting trite cliches as you've done throughout this entire thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranjith:

No they will be separate countries.

Israel has to co-exist alongside Palestine.

The occupation has to stop. Israel has already stolen land through settling, even though they said they were temporary in the 70's.

This land grab which has now got authorisation from the US will just keep the conflict going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, had you noticed the Gaza pull out?

And which bit does Israel get to keep? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about the bit earmarked in the roadmap? And not the areas they are illegally occupying now?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

Anyone want to turn me in for a laugh?

I'm quarter Arab.

Have Kuwaiti and British nationality.

Was in Leeds University for a month until July 1st.

Then went to London, where my house is in Bayswater (next to a synagogue and near the scenes of the attacks).

Left just before the bombings.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grow a beard and you're nicked, son.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

Anyone want to turn me in for a laugh?

I'm quarter Arab.

Have Kuwaiti and British nationality.

Was in Leeds University for a month until July 1st.

Then went to London, where my house is in Bayswater (next to a synagogue and near the scenes of the attacks).

Left just before the bombings.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sir, I am performing a citizens arrest... icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, you are confusing sympathy with SOME of the issues with support for suicide bombers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS. Take your head out of your ass and argue your points using either logical reasoning or factual evidence, or both, instead of spouting trite cliches as you've done throughout this entire thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF are you on about? I think only a tiny fraction of muslims do support the suicide bombings in London. Just because people want to listen to the arguments doesn't mean they support them.

And someone who uses 'take your head out of your ass' as an argument really can't lecture me on how to construct one. icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't think Blair, Bush and Berlusconi were involved in the massacre of innocent refugees in 1982? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah brother, it's not like the Palestinians have ever blamed any of those three for Israel's actions, is it?

Oh, wait...

I didn't think Blair, Bush and Berlusconi were involved in the massacre of innocent refugees in 1982? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah brother, it's not like the Palestinians have ever blamed any of those three for Israel's actions, is it?

Oh, wait... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's irrelevant to this point. The point was is Ariel Sharon a war criminal. The answer is yes.

Do you support suicide bombers?

a. Yes

b. No

c. Don't know

d. Just a little bit

e. Now and then

f. Allaaaah akhbar *BOOM*

That's irrelevant to this point. The point was is Ariel Sharon a war criminal. The answer is yes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And old dead Yasser?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranjith:

No they will be separate countries.

Israel has to co-exist alongside Palestine.

The occupation has to stop. Israel has already stolen land through settling, even though they said they were temporary in the 70's.

This land grab which has now got authorisation from the US will just keep the conflict going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, had you noticed the Gaza pull out?

And which bit does Israel get to keep? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not all settlements are being evacuated. US approved this plan without any consultation of Palestine. Pretty much a rubber stamp of land theft. Its totally disgusting.

Map of Israeli pullout

There's still a fair amount under Israeli control and even some settlements that will remain.

a. Yes

b. No

c. Don't know

d. Just a little bit

e. Now and then

f. Allaaaah akhbar *BOOM* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif You just don't get it do you? I am against suicide bombers 100%, I find it abhorrent and a cowardly act.

However, I and many others do understand why the Palestinians feel the need to blow themselves up. What would you do if your country was illegally occupied? Fight back? Or lie down?

How about the bit earmarked in the roadmap? And not the areas they are illegally occupying now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you notice the few hundred rockets Hamas let off the other day? Probably just celebrating victory, but a couple went astray.

You don't agree with phased withdrawal, then? They should just pack up and go tonight?

That's irrelevant to this point. The point was is Ariel Sharon a war criminal. The answer is yes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And old dead Yasser? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, as bad as each other.

How about the bit earmarked in the roadmap? And not the areas they are illegally occupying now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you notice the few hundred rockets Hamas let off the other day? Probably just celebrating victory, but a couple went astray.

You don't agree with phased withdrawal, then? They should just pack up and go tonight? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure the Israeli army got their revenge for that. More blood eh, superb. Yes, they should go tonight - that would be perfect.

a. Yes

b. No

c. Don't know

d. Just a little bit

e. Now and then

icon_biggrin.gif You just don't get it do you? I am against suicide bombers 100%, I find it abhorrent and a cowardly act.

However, I and many others do understand why the Palestinians feel the need to blow themselves up. What would you do if your country was illegally occupied? Fight back? Or lie down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

d. Just a little bit, then?

I'd fight back, of course. But it would never occur to me to strap on a bomb, or set up a small artillery battery in my own back garden and randomly let fly in the enemy's direction.

Hey, it took a full 34 pages for the discussion of the London Underground bombings to turn into a discussion of the Satan emm I mean Israel. Not bad, I say, surely exceeding my expectations by far icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They started trying on about page 8, but everybody ignored them until now.

a. Yes

b. No

c. Don't know

d. Just a little bit

e. Now and then

However, I and many others do understand why the Palestinians feel the need to blow themselves up. What would you do if your country was illegally occupied? Fight back? Or lie down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd fight back, of course. But it would never occur to me to strap on a bomb, or set up a small artillery battery in my own back garden and randomly let fly in the enemy's direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how would you fight back then? Say 'excuse me please Israel could you stop occupying my land'?

a. Yes

b. No

c. Don't know

d. Just a little bit

e. Now and then

I'd fight back, of course. But it would never occur to me to strap on a bomb, or set up a small artillery battery in my own back garden and randomly let fly in the enemy's direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't have proper armies, you see.

*thinks back to 1948, 1967, 1973*

emm yes, carry on.

I'm sure the Israeli army got their revenge for that. More blood eh, superb. Yes, they should go tonight - that would be perfect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it resulted in the hilarious spectacle of the Hamas lads trying to burn their own policemen alive in their armoured fighting vehicles. icon14.gif

So how would you fight back then? Say 'excuse me please Israel could you stop occupying my land'? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My personal forte is as a sniper. But I'd balk at hiding up 700 yards from an occupying settlement and shooting the first civvie I got a clear line on.

Hey, it took a full 34 pages for the discussion of the London Underground bombings to turn into a discussion of the Satan emm I mean Israel. Not bad, I say, surely exceeding my expectations by far icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They started trying on about page 8, but everybody ignored them until now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OTF needs an "Ignore User" feature icon_frown.gif

Now, can we please get back to discussing Britain?!!!

Ensign's post would be a good place to re-start.

I'm sure the Israeli army got their revenge for that. More blood eh, superb. Yes, they should go tonight - that would be perfect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it resulted in the hilarious spectacle of the Hamas lads trying to burn their own policemen alive in their armoured fighting vehicles. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, hilarious. icon_confused.gif I just don't find the humour in all this that you do, Bert.

My main question is this: am I the only one getting the impression that the muslim religious leadership in the UK does f*ck all to distance the community from extremist agitators? even now after the events i am under a curious impression that the leaders do not say enough against such acts. a kind of trying to balance something like "it's bad to do it in London but perfectly allright to do it in Iraq, or erm, NYC" kind of argument. Or I am getting a wrong picture because of distance? Do brits feel satisfied that the majority of muslim british is against such acts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think what really happened is that the true militants have co-opted the rhetoric of every bleeding heart liberal and Arab nationalist, thus making it very difficult for either group to distance itself from the militants -- in practice, as well as rhetorically.

Yes, hilarious. icon_confused.gif I just don't find the humour in all this that you do, Bert. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then stop worrying about it so much, or you'll probably drive yourself mad or wind up topping yourself. It ain't healthy.

I think what really happened is that the true militants have co-opted the rhetoric of every bleeding heart liberal and Arab nationalist, thus making it very difficult for either group to distance itself from the militants -- in practice, as well as rhetorically. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they reckon they can quietly repair the damage from within their own community, whilst pretending to everyone else that the problem is not at all widespread.

I hope that the problem is at base the natural rebellious streak in young men.

The desire to go against what their elders advise. To seek out a downtrodden underdog and support their cause. To belong to a clique or gang. To feel superior to the rest. To believe you understand the world and it's inhabitants, and to believe anyone over 30 doesn't. To test your new found strength and freedom from parents. To feel you are making your own way in the world.

But I think there's more too it. It doesn't seem like a phase they'll grow out of.

I hope that the problem is at base the natural rebellious streak in young men.

The desire to go against what their elders advise. To seek out a downtrodden underdog and support their cause. To belong to a clique or gang. To feel superior to the rest. To believe you understand the world and it's inhabitants, and to believe anyone over 30 doesn't. To test your new found strength and freedom from parents. To feel you are making your own way in the world.

But I think there's more too it. It doesn't seem like a phase they'll grow out of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well what's missing is the ideology they could die for.

Aye, there are indeed some parallels.

But the main problem with the analogy is that these blokes were all, I expect, living comparatively comfortable lives - most unlike the Bolshies' foot soldiers.

I have pointed out several times that we have alrady bent over backwards to accommodate muslims and asked what more we could have done. Nobody's come up with an answer yet.

Yes, hilarious. icon_confused.gif I just don't find the humour in all this that you do, Bert. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then stop worrying about it so much, or you'll probably drive yourself mad or wind up topping yourself. It ain't healthy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't worry Bert, you'll be happy to know I am in no danger of doing either. icon14.gif

But the main problem with the analogy is that these blokes were all, I expect, living comparatively comfortable lives - most unlike the Bolshies' foot soldiers.

I have pointed out several times that we have alrady bent over backwards to accommodate muslims and asked what more we could have done. Nobody's come up with an answer yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have suggested a few but you have obviously chose to ignore them!

I have pointed out several times that we have alrady bent over backwards to accommodate muslims and asked what more we could have done. Nobody's come up with an answer yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BoroPhil told you -- withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan, and invade Israel instead.

I have suggested a few but you have obviously chose to ignore them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, in a 34 page thread it might be helpful if you were to repeat them?

BoroPhil told you -- withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan, and invade Israel instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And stop stealing their oil?

BoroPhil told you -- withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan, and invade Israel instead. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez you are stupid. icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived