Explosion in London Underground

defusion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oafcmetty:

Hmmm - pretty worried, sat in my big glass office in the middle of the city...

Keep the news coming please! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea same here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch for planes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco Vicente:

what is a 'power surge' and how can it blow up a bus? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Power surge is where a huge amount of power is forced through the line very quickly due to some sort of fault

It can't blow up a bus, that could have been a bomb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

Union sources say that at least one explosive device was on the underground

It sounds certain that a bus has had it's top ripped off by a bus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously a bus has had it's top taken off by a bomb

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marco Vicente:

what is a 'power surge' and how can it blow up a bus? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Power surge is where a huge amount of power is forced through the line very quickly due to some sort of fault

It can't blow up a bus, that could have been a bomb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

SURVIVORS DESCRIBE EXPLOSIONS

Passengers involved in the Metropolitan Line explosion are reported to have attempted to smash the windows of their Tube carriages with umbrellas in an attempt to escape.

Another witness told Sky News there was an explosion at the back of a Tube carriage and he had seen bodies.

Police are thought to have been sent into tunnels to evacuate people along the tracks.

Bradley Anderson told Sky News that he was involved in the Edgware Road incident on a Circle line train.

He said: "We just left Paddington station. About 15 seconds later there was some kind of explosion and we collided with another train.

"We were heading into the station when there was some kind of explosion or something.

"Everything went black and we collided into some kind of oncoming train.

"There was debris all over the trains. They evacuated us."

Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road when she heard a massive explosion in the tunnel behind her.

It was about 8.40am.

"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it.

"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.

"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate.

"My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

One witess told Sky there was an explosion at the back of a tube carriage.

"There was a big hole in the carriage. There were people lying everywhere covered in blood," he said.

"People were screaming. We could not get out.

"The explosion was at the back of the carriage."

He said people managed to walk through the carriages to get out.

He said there was "bodies lying everywhere".

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They reckon it could have been one bomb, went off and then power surged down the line, blew up the next station etc.

The bloke says it's unlikely they'd attack the line and not the people though

Clever to attack the power not people?

It has to be an attack - day after the olymic vote, guard is down, attention is on London, main attack in the city area (9/11?), and at a peak time IIRC not too different a time to when the New York and Madrid attacks occured.

Power Surge my ass.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

scotland yard confirm explosions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glad to hear they are on the ball this morning

explosions! really hadn't heard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinho:

sounds like a coordinated terrorist attack. well played LU closing down the Tube.

remember we've got G8 at the mo too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Edinburgh iirc.

Just got out of the tube at Edgware Road. I think i was in the train after the one that collided with another at Edgware Road. I was more ****ed off at being late for work. Some people still aren't in. I sincerely hope this isn't a bomb or sabotage of some kind.

Was crapping myself in the tunnels btw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wazup:

Bin has blown up apparently in Russell Square </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Laden?

They reckon it could have been one bomb, went off and then power surged down the line, blew up the next station etc.

The bloke says it's unlikely they'd attack the line and not the people though

Clever to attack the power not people? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

depends on their aims, if they want to do damage and not kill then yes, but we know Al Quieda's aims are to kill if they can, and who else is there? sounds more like IRA style bombing, but I highly doubt it's them.

I'm watching news 24, sounds like bombings to me, if you're going to bomb somewhere, you bomb the underground, and if you bomb anytime you bomb rush hour while the G8 is in the country and they've just been awarded the olympics.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zigson:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinho:

sounds like a coordinated terrorist attack. well played LU closing down the Tube.

remember we've got G8 at the mo too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Edinburgh iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Foreigners seem to think London and Britain are pretty much the same thing though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

if you bomb anytime you bomb rush hour while the G8 is in the country and they've just been awarded the olympics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The timing of the olympics is irrelevant surely. You think they'd have called off an attack if the decision had gone to Paris?

G8 is in Scotland btw. I think they're at Gleneagles this morning, or was that yesterday?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavnoble:

Reports of explosions on three buses now... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That seems to be because the same bomb has 3 different locations - Tavistock Square, Tavistock Place and Russell Square which are all next to each other.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

sounds more like IRA style bombing, but I highly doubt it's them.

. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i seriously doubt that its the IRA, they finished there campaign of bombing england in the 80's or so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zigson:

G8 is in Scotland btw. I think they're at Gleneagles this morning, or was that yesterday? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they are. As is a massive police presence.

If you were going to plan this thing, you'd do it when the police were otherwise occupied.

Aw feck man. All looks a bit more than just a power surge now doesn't it. Going to be a nightmare outside but funnily enough people still seem to be heading in to work and all that. Stiff upper lip chaps. icon_frown.gif

Be nice if people can keep us posted on here as the news sites are crawling and phone networks are jammed in London right now as you might imagine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

maybe the IRA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you still living in the 80's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i've moved to Sarcasticville, Tennessee.

Archived