Explosion in London Underground

defusion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K-uglen:

And if that is true then - oh my god - we are all being controlled by aliens' got very tiring with time icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the evidence seems to point to there being very little control at all. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dane:

No the Illuminati are a supposed real life group of people who hold all of the worlds power. It does get used rather a lot in games (Deus Ex) and books (Dan Brown likes using them) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every day is a day at school icon14.gif

Can't beat The Sun for some fantastic reporting. Headline reads '53 DEAD', article says;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> SEVEN people were killed in the first blast at 8.51am which took place 100 yards into a tunnel out of Liverpool Street Station in the Aldgate area.

The second explosion, five minutes later, left 21 dead on the Underground between King's Cross station and Russell Square.

SEVEN people died when a bomb tore through up to three trains at Edgware Road at 9.17am.

At least TWO people were killed when a double decker bus blew up in Upper Woburn Square at 9.47am </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now maybe my maths has slipped a bit, but I never realised that 7+21+7+2=53 icon_confused.gif

The Sun

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by life is too short to be taken seriously:

the conspiricy theores start already \o/

http://www.prisonplanet.com/Pages/Jul05/070705explosions_London.html

sorry if its been posted already </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah like the government carries out the biggest ever terror attack just so they can impose the National ID scheme

Not long got back from work and I couldn't believe some of the comments from customers coming into the shop tonight. One guy actually said "They should just round up anybody who isn't English and send them all back to wherever they came from". Plus several saying we should get the BNP in power to sort all of this out.

We were also given an emergency number to call in case anybody left any suspicious packages in the store. Nice to know Sainsbury's are prepared for these things too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kain:

I couldn't believe some of the comments from customers coming into the shop tonight. One guy actually said "They should just round up anybody who isn't English and send them all back to wherever they came from". Plus several saying we should get the BNP in power to sort all of this out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

somebody I work with thought Al-Qaieda was the president of Israel icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kain:

Not long got back from work and I couldn't believe some of the comments from customers coming into the shop tonight. One guy actually said "They should just round up anybody who isn't English and send them all back to wherever they came from". Plus several saying we should get the BNP in power to sort all of this out.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right...get me back to my country for free. I can't wait till Tuesday!!! icon_biggrin.gif

just caught the end of george galloway on channel4 news. it appears he was implying its understanable why the attacks occured and its expected becasue weve caused terror on people in iraq and in the camps. Couldnt he wait a few days before ranting about this

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

just caught the end of george galloway on channel4 news. it appears he was implying its understanable why the attacks occured and its expected becasue weve caused terror on people in iraq and in the camps. Couldnt he wait a few days before ranting about this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

His constituents wouldn't be happy if he did. He has to echo the imams or he's out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry_14:

just caught the end of george galloway on channel4 news. it appears he was implying its understanable why the attacks occured and its expected becasue weve caused terror on people in iraq and in the camps. Couldnt he wait a few days before ranting about this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust Galloway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Londoners have paid the price for Iraq and Afghanistan, says George Galloway.

The Respect MP, whose Bethnal Green and Bow constituency includes the site of at least one of the bomb attacks, said the attacks were "despicable".

He told the Commons it was the US-led coalition's actions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo which had inflamed hatred of the West in the Muslim world.

But minister Adam Ingram accused Mr Galloway of "dipping his poisonous tongue in a pool of blood".

The armed forces minister added that Mr Galloway's comments were "disgraceful".

Same mistakes?

Earlier Mr Galloway said he was absolutely clear the bombings had been carried out by Islamic extremists inspired by Osama Bin Laden's world outlook.

He argued that the bombings had not come out of the "clear blue sky" - the background was the invasion of Afghanistan, Iraq, photographs of abuses by US troops at Abu Ghraib prison and the continuing confinement of people by America at Guantanamo.

Mr Galloway said the West was in danger of making the same mistakes over and over again, continuing with "war and occupation as the principal instrument of our foreign and defence policy".

He added: "And if we do then some people will get through and hurt us as they have hurt us today."

Paid the price?

Mr Galloway who was expelled from the Labour Party over his outspoken comments on the Iraq war, linked the deaths of people in London to the deaths of those in Falluja at the hands of coalition forces.

Earlier, in a statement, the MP said: "The loss of innocent lives, whether in this country or Iraq, is precisely the result of a world that has become a less safe and peaceful place in recent years.

"We have worked without rest to remove the causes of such violence from our world.

"We argued, as did the security services in this country, that the attacks on Afghanistan and Iraq would increase the threat of terrorist attack in Britain.

"Tragically Londoners have now paid the price of the government ignoring such warnings."

'No immunity'

Mr Galloway urged the government to remove people in the UK from "harm's way" by ending the occupation of Iraq and focusing on finding a real solution to conflicts in the Middle East.

Downing Street declined to comment on Mr Galloway's comments.

But Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said it was wrong to think that withdrawing from Iraq would make the UK immune from the threat of attacks.

"People have to remember that 11 September was in 2001 before the military action," he said.

The US terror attacks had caused the action in Afghanistan and the changed atmosphere they had created had contributed to the cause of the Iraq war, said Mr Straw.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He went off on one in the House of Commons aswell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob1981:

The Sun icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont knock the Sun i read it every day for the cartoon PREMIER icon_cool.gif.But the headlines for tmrw on the front page is a joke,unless the reporter knows better than us lot how many are actually dead icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

He went off on one in the House of Commons aswell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if he has that view then he has that view, i just think its completely insensitive and unnessecary(sp) to go about it now. Can he not wait till things settle, What does he hope to gain from thiscdoes he think people will rally round him and support him?

What does he hope to gain from thiscdoes he think people will rally round him and support him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he gets his name in the papers and gets interviewed.

I couldn't believe some of the comments from customers coming into the shop tonight. One guy actually said "They should just round up anybody who isn't English and send them all back to wherever they came from". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A week ago, while on the bus here in Denmark, some middle-aged woman began blurting out about how 'they' were destroying the country etc. etc. and she just didn't shut up about it. I got really angry and completely destroyed a newspaper by clenching my fists very hard. I did manage to exit the bus (I only rode it for a few minutes) without saying anything, but as soon as I was out I had to say 'stupid bint'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

My nan still calls Asian/blacks "Darkies" icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think most of that generation do. not maliciously i don't think... it's just the way they were brought up

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

My nan still calls Asian/blacks "Darkies" icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think most of that generation do. not maliciously i don't think... it's just the way they were brought up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, of course. The bus is worst ist annoying cause I have a few asian mates.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

right, something I read earlier that doesn't appear to have an outcome yet - anyone know if Squizza got through to his wife? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think he's said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by miller_merry:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyZuko:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by life is too short to be taken seriously:

That website has made a good point, it asks why buses where allowed to carry on as normal after fooking THREE tube bombings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why exactly is it a good point, as at that point in time there had been no bombings on buses and all had occured on the tube, why would they suspect they would attack a bus as well ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because it dosent take a rocket scientist to work out that the transport system is the target, and the bus exploded something like half an hour after the third tube bomb, thats enough time to get the word out and call all the buses in.

Just to register my post on this topic, the bombings are very uncool. icon13.gif

As an Aussie, I used to live and work around the regions that were attacked (especially around Bank, Old Street and Liverpool St stations). I also have many friends still there. From all reports, London as a whole has responded exceedingly well to this act of terror. My thoughts are with the people and their families who have suffered from this callous act.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyZuko:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by miller_merry:

That website has made a good point, it asks why buses where allowed to carry on as normal after fooking THREE tube bombings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why exactly is it a good point, as at that point in time there had been no bombings on buses and all had occured on the tube, why would they suspect they would attack a bus as well ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because it dosent take a rocket scientist to work out that the transport system is the target, and the bus exploded something like half an hour after the third tube bomb, thats enough time to get the word out and call all the buses in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really as no one knew it was a terrorist attack until the bus blew up, originally they thought it was some kind of power surge on the underground that had caused the 3 explosions.

We were also given an emergency number to call in case anybody left any suspicious packages in the store. Nice to know Sainsbury's are prepared for these things too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where do you live? icon_eek.gif

because it dosent take a rocket scientist to work out that the transport system is the target, and the bus exploded something like half an hour after the third tube bomb, thats enough time to get the word out and call all the buses in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really as no one knew it was a terrorist attack until the bus blew up, originally they thought it was some kind of power surge on the underground that had caused the 3 explosions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats when the media found out, i doubt that was the first indication the government had it was a terrorist attack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

right, something I read earlier that doesn't appear to have an outcome yet - anyone know if Squizza got through to his wife? :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he just told me he hasn't

I was going to start a new thread, but I guess it might fit into this one....the Market Square in Nottingham has all been taped off due to a bomb scare, there is quite a lot of police and an ambulance

Im not sure if a bomb has gone off or anything though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Forest_Rule:

I was going to start a new thread, but I guess it might fit into this one....the Market Square in Nottingham has all been taped off due to a bomb scare, there is quite a lot of police and an ambulance

Im not sure if a bomb has gone off or anything though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More than likely just a precaution with whats happened today, don't think they are taking any risks with any of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamesrater:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

CNN are wrong from what I understand - there have been at least 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>they were saying that because explosions occurred between stations that they were counted "doubly" - does anyone with knowledge of the Underground believe that's true? are the six sites "twinned" with another, if that makes any sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon_smile.gif someone was wrong, like normal.

I know how petty this is - that's why I like it icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

he just told me he hasn't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope everything is ok, my thoughts are with him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MacDoul:

So are the british press gonna get all 'yankee' and start addressing today as 7/7?

I've seen hints of it..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no we will do it the british way and put the date before the month

Don't think he's said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he hasn't said. I thought the same when I read through the thread :/

Going in to London this afternoon was a bit weird, won't say I wasnt a bit worried as well. Police and train staff were going round platforms and carriages asking people not to travel unless necessary. The train I caught was practically deserted, it's usually pretty busy. Platforms mostly empty on the way up, platforms away from town were heaving though, and there was an eerie silence amongst the people who were about. Luckily I was working at Charing Cross today so we weren't hit, but it was chaotic all the same.

The Strand was like a scene from a film, police everywhere, roads blocked, almost all shops closed, very quiet atmosphere for London. Worst thing was the Standard posters saying "Terrorist bombers hit London". Working up there again tomorrow, should be a bit more normal but I reckon people are going to be on edge for a while.

Thanks for the interest in Carmen.

I have still not heard from her.

I have been phoning EVERY single hospital in London for the last 12 hours.

There is still no reply on her mobile or on the emergency number, although I got told that the Emergency Services do not believe that a foreign national from Guatemala died.

I have no relatives in London, although my aunty is on her way down there from newcastle, my other aunty is in Canada.

I can only assume her mobile has run out of credit?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K-uglen:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dane:

I once borrowed a book of his for a laugh. After half of it I just couldn't stand it any longer - all the world leaders being shapeshifting reptiles from the same ruling family icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, he's not got to the lizard part on the DVD yet if he does at all, but the ruling family is there. Apparently all of the worlds monarchy and the US presidents are descendents of the sanme Iraqi/Babylonian family.

I love a good conspiracy theory but he does tend to make it kind of hard to take him seriously icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the Rothschilds! icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was Lyndon LaRouche's pet conspiracy theory.

Well, that and the queen being a dope pusher.

Altogther now.....WHITE Liiiiiiines!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jason the Yank:

I once borrowed a book of his for a laugh. After half of it I just couldn't stand it any longer - all the world leaders being shapeshifting reptiles from the same ruling family icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, he's not got to the lizard part on the DVD yet if he does at all, but the ruling family is there. Apparently all of the worlds monarchy and the US presidents are descendents of the sanme Iraqi/Babylonian family.

I love a good conspiracy theory but he does tend to make it kind of hard to take him seriously icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the Rothschilds! icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was Lyndon LaRouche's pet conspiracy theory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, him too, although it seems he's mostly after Jews in general (how eerie you should mention him, I just read about him on another message board 10 minutes ago...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Altogther now.....WHITE Liiiiiiines! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BASS! *beats starts up*

"Either up your nose or in your vein, with nothin' to gain except killin' you brain!"

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Mr Galloway urged the government to remove people in the UK from "harm's way" by ending the occupation of Iraq and focusing on finding a real solution to conflicts in the Middle East.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I buy leaving Iraq completely.

As for "finding a real soltuion to conflicts," well even the Forest Service here has realized sometimes it's better in the long run to let it burn.

Archived