Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pop shot:

Blair: Terrorists wont succeed.

Erm, looks to me like they already did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said succeed in changing the British way of life, I think, so your quote is hardly a fair reflection of his comments.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

There was no credible proof that Hitler wanted to invade North America ffs icon_biggrin.gif

He couldn't invade the UK ffs icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there was, they had found letters of Hitler wanting to take over North America for his ideal "White Race". Luckily Canada played a big role there and for a nation who doesnt even have a defense to defend the country, they played a major role in Hitler's downfall. Of course Canada was not the only one to play a major role, from what I read, the Belgians the brits did a good job too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Sky News reporting a suspect package on a bus outside Victoria station now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CNN just reported that London police is telling everyone to stay away from Victoria station.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K-uglen:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pop shot:

Blair: Terrorists wont succeed.

Erm, looks to me like they already did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said succeed in changing the British way of life, I think, so your quote is hardly a fair reflection of his comments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how exactly is changing the British way of life?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juventino4Life:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

There was no credible proof that Hitler wanted to invade North America ffs icon_biggrin.gif

He couldn't invade the UK ffs icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes there was, they had found letters of Hitler wanting to take over North America for his ideal "White Race". Luckily Canada played a big role there and for a nation who doesnt even have a defense to defend the country, they played a major role in Hitler's downfall. Of course Canada was not the only one to play a major role, from what I read, the Belgians the brits did a good job too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs just go jerk off over a maple leaf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bert Preast:

This sort are the people to blame, tbh.

See? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm...no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Organisations quite openly advocating islamic world dominance? Have you seen the list of some of their most esteemed "thinkers"? Look up a few of 'em.

Or do you think of them as a peaceful organisation for world domination? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes of course icon_smile.gif

And:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 4- Political Activism: By putting political programs for "Islamising" government in different countries (after realistic studies), and establishing these programs thru the convenient ways which do not conflict with Islam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're missing the point. they're on about islamising governments from SEVERAL countries. that's not going to be accomplished peacefully. Particularly not those that do not want islamising........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

some dappy bint has probably left their bag on the bus or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hello parrot

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

thanks to the ***** for taking a tragedy and using it to soapbox their own completely ignorant and misguided about a completely unrelated subject thousands of miles away. µ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Well said, some of the comments in this thread are ilinformed and reactionary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juventino4Life:

Yup, George W Bush's war on terrorism has really worked so far icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup, lets all blame the americans rather than the perpetrators of the atrocities. " icon_rolleyes.gif " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

action, reaction, reaction, reaction, etc etc etc someone has to stop it somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

Best post I've heard all day. And if we are supposed to be so civilised we should be the ones to instigate it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Sky News reporting a suspect package on a bus outside Victoria station now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nowt on Sky News... icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

Yes there was, they had found letters of Hitler wanting to take over North America for his ideal "White Race". Luckily Canada played a big role there and for a nation who doesnt even have a defense to defend the country, they played a major role in Hitler's downfall. Of course Canada was not the only one to play a major role, from what I read, the Belgians the brits did a good job too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs just go jerk off over a maple leaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif still got that great line in reparteé I see Moshi icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

Just got in from work, shocked, absolutely shocked and disgusted. What a difference 24hrs makes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who do you think you are..? Jack Bauer

This sort are the people to blame, tbh.

See? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Umm...no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Organisations quite openly advocating islamic world dominance? Have you seen the list of some of their most esteemed "thinkers"? Look up a few of 'em.

Or do you think of them as a peaceful organisation for world domination? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes of course icon_smile.gif

And:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 4- Political Activism: By putting political programs for "Islamising" government in different countries (after realistic studies), and establishing these programs thru the convenient ways which do not conflict with Islam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're missing the point. they're on about islamising governments from SEVERAL countries. that's not going to be accomplished peacefully. Particularly not those that do not want islamising........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't missed the point - just being facetious icon_razz.gif

Did you read the first line about the calmity in 1920-something? icon_biggrin.gif

And:

That means trifles like elections, not using peaceful means. icon_razz.gif

George Bush simply escalated violence, instead of using peacefull methods and resoultions, he decides to strike back by going to Iraq after 9/11 with ******** reasons and doing what terrorist did in America, but this time to Iraq and thats killing innocent people. When you strike back with violence, its a simplyt vicious circle that never ends and today unfortunately that was Al Qaeida's retaliation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying we suffered from a terrorist attack today because george Bush went to war with Iraq? Not that we suffered an attack because we also went to war with Iraq. They have said Italy and Denmark will be next if they don't pull out of Iraq. it's not because of George bush it's because Britain got involved in the war.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moshi Moshe Mohammed:

Mmmmm, you come from Washington and ask someone to **** off, so thats why you guys are so loved around the world

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

mate, there may not be any new news coming out of london right now. personally, I hate it when a single report gets repeated ad infinitum. considering the close ties between the two cities financially and commercially, not to mention what basically amounts to a flashback/ptss for many new yorkers, it's a completely relevant story to run.

now you and the chip on your shoulder should head out for a nice, strong cup of coffee?o </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Daaaave said, tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Yup, George W Bush's war on terrorism has really worked so far icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yup, lets all blame the americans rather than the perpetrators of the atrocities. " icon_rolleyes.gif " </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

action, reaction, reaction, reaction, etc etc etc someone has to stop it somewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best post I've heard all day. And if we are supposed to be so civilised we should be the ones to instigate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great, so how do we accomplish negotiating with a group of people who thus far have shown no inclination to negotiate?

C'mon Kissinger, let's hear it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by prong:

George Bush simply escalated violence, instead of using peacefull methods and resoultions, he decides to strike back by going to Iraq after 9/11 with ******** reasons and doing what terrorist did in America, but this time to Iraq and thats killing innocent people. When you strike back with violence, its a simplyt vicious circle that never ends and today unfortunately that was Al Qaeida's retaliation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you're saying we suffered from a terrorist attack today because george Bush went to war with Iraq? Not that we suffered an attack because we also went to war with Iraq. They have said Italy and Denmark will be next if they don't pull out of Iraq. it's not because of George bush it's because Britain got involved in the war. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt say, he was 100% responsible, but he does play a big role in this mess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gricehead:

My other half (of the "Will I ever get my tea?" thread fame), is caught up in all this again, just two weeks after she didn't get home until 1:30am.

Thankfully, she's safe, having got to london just after the tube was closed, and therefore walking past russell square to holborn about ten minutes before the bus exploded.

Having decided to come home at about 2pm, when the only main line station open was Waterloo, she's travelling London to Doncaster via Staines,Reading and Birmingham

As I said, at least she's safe. Sympathy to those who aren't icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about your tea?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K-uglen:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said succeed in changing the British way of life, I think, so your quote is hardly a fair reflection of his comments.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Prime Minister has pledged to bring the people behind the London transport bombings to justice, saying: "They must not succeed". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just read what it says on Sky like everyone else.

Guest Potters army

Could someone actually confirm this? I've somehow worked out there was 1 year and 119 (9/11 backwards) days between todays events and the Madrid terrorist attack, 11th March 2004. Don't really want it to be true as it's damn shocking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

Best post I've heard all day. And if we are supposed to be so civilised we should be the ones to instigate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great, so how do we accomplish negotiating with a group of people who thus far have shown no inclination to negotiate?

C'mon Kissinger, let's hear it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could start by stop being agressors in Iraq, Israel, Afghanistan, etc.

Mmmmm, you come from Washington and ask someone to **** off, so thats why you guys are so loved around the world </div></BLOCKQUOTE>we don't give a f*ck if you peons like us, as long as you're still sucking from the governmental teet of DC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Mmmmm, you come from Washington and ask someone to **** off, so thats why you guys are so loved around the world </div></BLOCKQUOTE>we don't give a f*ck if you peons like us, as long as you're still sucking from the governmental teat of DC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>balls icon_frown.gif

We could start by stop being agressors in Iraq, Israel, Afghanistan, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aggressors in Israel? Interesting. But how will that make terrorists (sorry, these country challenged) people come to the negotiating table?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Potters army:

Could someone actually confirm this? I've somehow worked out there was 1 year and 119 (9/11 backwards) days between todays events and the Madrid terrorist attack, 11th March 2004. Don't really want it to be true as it's damn shocking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Potters army:

Could someone actually confirm this? I've somehow worked out there was 1 year and 119 (9/11 backwards) days between todays events and the Madrid terrorist attack, 11th March 2004. Don't really want it to be true as it's damn shocking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does it really matter either way ?

We could start by stop being agressors in Iraq, Israel, Afghanistan, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In Israel, the government there has taken proactive steps to disengage from the conflict, with the withdrawal of settlers and the prolonged peace talks.

The Taliban, in Afghanistan, harborerd Osama bin Laden and was a regime that did deserve to be taken down.

Iraq, that's a murkier question...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by prong:

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is actually funny about that statement. Please enlighten me? icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

Does it really matter either way ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it doesn't. glad to see you're okay, btw. icon_smile.gif

hahahahahaha. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Potters army

QUOTE] Does it really matter either way ?

No, but I'd appreciate a straight answer anyway thanks.

or a coincidence

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is actually funny about that statement. Please enlighten me? icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>that it's a ******** half-assed attempt to find some sort of meaning in the event's date icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Robertson:

Bob Crow of the Underground on the radio at the moment saying the drivers may go on strike because they are not willing to check trains for suspect packages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't he make some ridiculous comment this morning as well? He really is a ****** that bloke.

We could start by stop being agressors in Iraq, Israel, Afghanistan, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aggressors in Israel? Interesting. But how will that make terrorists (sorry, these country challenged) people come to the negotiating table? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian lands, and kills more civilians than Palestinian suicide bombers do. One of OBL's main problems with the west is this illegal occupation. If we committed ourselves to the peace process and showed a commitment to finding peace with Muslims rather than invading their countries, they might not retaliate so often.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gricehead:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Robertson:

Bob Crow of the Underground on the radio at the moment saying the drivers may go on strike because they are not willing to check trains for suspect packages. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't he make some ridiculous comment this morning as well? He really is a ****** that bloke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know its not as if they are asking them to actually touch the packages. Just see if anything is there. If so call the police.

Bob Crow is a twat!!!

no it doesn't. glad to see you're okay, btw. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was driving through Kings Cross at 9AM this morning and saw all the police and fire engines heading to the station. Didn't think much of it until I got into work and logged on to OTF icon_eek.gif

Iraq? Well yeah it's a disgrace that we attacked that peaceful sovereign nation with absolutely no history at all of attacking other sovereign nations such as Iran and Kuwait, and had not threatened Kuwait with subsequent attacks between the years of 1991 and 2001 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon_biggrin.gif

Iraq? Well yeah it's a disgrace that we attacked that peaceful sovereign nation with absolutely no history at all of attacking other sovereign nations such as Iran and Kuwait, and had not threatened Kuwait with subsequent attacks between the years of 1991 and 2001 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not forgetting years of ignorance of UN resolutions. And what did all the nay sayers want? MORE UN resolutions icon_biggrin.gif That would have worked icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

The only mistake the UK & US et al made wrt (IMHO obv) Iraq was covering up the regime change objective.

Archived