Explosion in London Underground

defusion

Uh, just thought of something.

The British Grand Prix...that likely won't be happening now, will it? I mean, many sporting events will probably be cancelled right? And rightfully so?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Sky just said about Brighton and Croyden... also Canarey Warf and Coventry they are trying to find out more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canarry Wharf too?

so that's three I know. I flatmate, 1 cousin and 1 acquaintance all there. Still chances of them being involved seems somewhat remote at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>any chance of contacting them? see if there has been anything there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

Just imagine if all this had happened DURING the olympic celebrations yesterday, doesnt bare thinking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't look like it was an attempt at causing a large number of casualties, more an attempt to disrupt the transport infrastructure to bring London to a standstill.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SG:

The British Grand Prix...that likely won't be happening now, will it? I mean, many sporting events will probably be cancelled right? And rightfully so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the cricket is still going on right now...

There have been 4 bombs. I think all the rest is either scaremongering or closing things due to procedure. Ther will be a lot of places that will close regardless of whther there have been "suspicious packages" found or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SG:

The British Grand Prix...that likely won't be happening now, will it? I mean, many sporting events will probably be cancelled right? And rightfully so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look the US grand prix went ahead right after 9/11 so i don't see why the british gp will be cancelled. the show goes on and all that jazz.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Yes, I think this may help repair broken bonds within europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're definitely going to see a joint effort from many nations because of this. But, you're also probably going to see some arguments over this, some broke ties, or at least some nations not wanting to get involved...just like how it happened after 9/11. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldn't say it's anything close to comparable to 9/11

The British Grand Prix...that likely won't be happening now, will it? I mean, many sporting events will probably be cancelled right? And rightfully so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There will definetly be heightened security for the British GP, expect similar events to what happened after 9/11. As for other sporting events, the cricket is still going on, but Chelsea and Arsenal did cancel press conferences.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

The British Grand Prix...that likely won't be happening now, will it? I mean, many sporting events will probably be cancelled right? And rightfully so? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>the cricket is still going on right now... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would guess the lords ODI on sunday would be cancelled simply because the logistics will be inpractical.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

but Chelsea and Arsenal did cancel press conferences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why were they having press conferences?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James23485:

According to early reports a package was found on one of the buses in Coventry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep, I've heard the complete Ring Road is closed and a controlled explosion has been made.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

Sky just said about Brighton and Croyden... also Canarey Warf and Coventry they are trying to find out more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Canarry Wharf too?

so that's three I know. I flatmate, 1 cousin and 1 acquaintance all there. Still chances of them being involved seems somewhat remote at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>any chance of contacting them? see if there has been anything there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know the guy in Canary Wharf too well but play golf and tennis with his dad now and then icon_razz.gif

emailing the others now

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A mates Dad works in for the Met and said that there is plenty more that will happen in London </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plenty More of?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bombs etc..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">**** off Bush family, **** off the Yankees that voted on Bush </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What has that got to do with today's events?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CovFan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James23485:

According to early reports a package was found on one of the buses in Coventry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep, I've heard the complete Ring Road is closed and a controlled explosion has been made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon13.gif im hoping they just found bags and things that arent bombs but arent taking risks and blowing them

CNN confirms the following:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A group calling itself the "Secret Organization group of al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe" claims London blasts. Details soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">**** off Bush family, **** off the Yankees that voted on Bush </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What has that got to do with today's events? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably because he was just interviewed by BBC News

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deerokus:

Yes, I think this may help repair broken bonds within europe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're definitely going to see a joint effort from many nations because of this. But, you're also probably going to see some arguments over this, some broke ties, or at least some nations not wanting to get involved...just like how it happened after 9/11. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldn't say it's anything close to comparable to 9/11 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, it's not comparable, but when you see something like this happen, you can't help to go back and think about 9/11. It's just used as a measuring stick, I suppose.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

but Chelsea and Arsenal did cancel press conferences. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why were they having press conferences? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea were due to unveil their new kit and Del Horno, well Arsenal were having a conference for completing another stage in the construction of Ashburton Grove.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A group calling itself the "Secret Organization group of al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe" claims London blasts. Details soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stick your Jihad up your arse angryfire.gif

Just to make matters worse as half of London seems to be on the streets trying to get somewhere, it is now raining solidly.

The Overland better get running soon otherwise there are going to be a lot of people stranded in London over night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serpico:

The military presence on the streets of Leeds and elsewhere has nothing to do with the incident, rather there's some military 'do' on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers, going nowhere near the centre but always good to know.

like people have been saying, take controlled explosions with a pinch a salt - they don't really mean much at this time. Security services will have been alerted to take measures on any potential situations...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

My brother works in Canary Wharf and he's still in his office </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon14.gif So nothing has happened down there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A group calling itself the "Secret Organization group of al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe" claims London blasts. Details soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not very secret if they admit to it.

You know what annoys me. Just watching CNN and Fox and they consistantly refer to "what the feeling is within New York at the moment"

Who gives a feck you self-obsessed tw*ts. I can't get hold of my mate who works in London so New York can do one.

I realise there an Amercan News channel but this shows the blatent gulf in class between our reporters in 9/11 and their reporters now!

My rant here may not at all be relative but just had to get it off my chest

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon Kennett:

But, apparently to people on CNN, the website that claimed the attack never existed until now.

Stick your Jihad up your arse angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knox:

like people have been saying, take controlled explosions with a pinch a salt - they don't really mean much at this time. Security services will have been alerted to take measures on any potential situations... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. It can be anything from a bomb to a lost mobile phone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon Kennett:

But, apparently to people on CNN, the website that claimed the attack never existed until now.

Stick your Jihad up your arse angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops...

Meant to say...But, apparently to people on CNN, the website that claimed the attack never existed until now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Docker:

Just to make matters worse as half of London seems to be on the streets trying to get somewhere, it is now raining solidly.

The Overland better get running soon otherwise there are going to be a lot of people stranded in London over night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most overland trains are running, however not into the centre. Seems services south of the river are unaffected, but WAGN, Virgin, Silverlink, Chiltern, One, First GreatWetern, and GNER are stopping outside of London.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yovan:

I feel sorry for London icon_frown.gif

**** off Bush family, **** off the Yankees that voted on Bush and **** off Al Qaeda icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets blame everything on bush shell we icon_rolleyes.gif

Uranium went missing from a Nuclear Plant in Britain the other day i just remebered reading this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every year uranium goes "un-accounted" from power stations in the uk. its pretty common tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jhype2002:

You know what annoys me. Just watching CNN and Fox and they consistantly refer to "what the feeling is within New York at the moment"

Who gives a feck you self-obsessed tw*ts. I can't get hold of my mate who works in London so New York can do one.

I realise there an Amercan News channel but this shows the blatent gulf in class between our reporters in 9/11 and their reporters now!

My rant here may not at all be relative but just had to get it off my chest </div></BLOCKQUOTE>you're a f*cking moron.

we lost 3,000 people less than 4 years ago in a terrorist attack - of course we're going to see how people on the ground feel when another attack carried out by the same group occurs.

f*ck your 'gulf in class', too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bboy_yoda:

ITV saying at least 12 DEAD icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats down from the 20 the claimed earlier.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

My brother works in Canary Wharf and he's still in his office </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon14.gif So nothing has happened down there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope

My brother works in Canary Wharf and he's still in his office </div></BLOCKQUOTE>icon14.gif So nothing has happened down there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brother works in the Citigroup tower next to Canary Wharf tower and he's still in his office too...

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

A mates Dad works in for the Met and said that there is plenty more that will happen in London so do not move. Stay where you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've just been out to Tesco :rebel: :mental:

Archived