Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Samamatara:

I bet Prince Williams would be scared to fly back to England right now... never know what might happen on a plane.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had a scare in a plane the other day. Too much fog on the South Island of NZ meant the plane he was on aborted landings twice before flying back to Wellington/Christchurch.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone see that lawyer on ITV? That was chilling. Its weird you see someone with his power/job and hes really shaken up, but someone younger I saw on TV looked ok. Different affects on different people i guess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

I was going to say, Muslims will have to be very careful over the next few days, tensions will be high. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not in london, people are not so niave here, altough being brown, ironically i'd hate to be living anywhere but London at this moment. Racists, and ignorant people alike will use this as an excuse to..well terrorise brown people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mopman:

ive got a cousin in london who just started working in london this week...no contact from him yet...was in touch with family...waiting to hear back... icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry - all the mobiles are down. Probably hard to get to a phone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

I would just like tha ability to phone my mates to check they are OK. The network busy sign on my mobile is p*ssing me right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJ Totney:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

Are the mobile phone networks still down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In London, probably yes (don't know though).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are down but text messages are getting through just about

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Can people stop with the "jokes" it really isn't appropiate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be some people's coping mechanism? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont be silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having not seen who made the "jokes" and what they were I will assume you base your comment purely on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will base my comment on the fact its Wattsock, I could maybe understand someone posting that as a "coping mechanism" (on a messageboard?) if they were in an effected area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well personally i thought everyone and their pets had heard of the joke after 9/11. Obviously not, it's not like i'm posting about how funny the bombings are tbh

Guys I know I haven't posted in a while but I just woke up to this.

Carmen flew into London last night and was meeting people this morning in the centre.

I haven't heard from her and can't get through on her mobile/landline where she's staying icon_frown.gif

For the Madrid bombing we were both in Alicante at the time!

For those that didn't know she's expecting too in January...

My best mate from Uni days works in Central London. Have tried to get in touch with him - sent him a txt/left a message on his mobile. I hope he is OK.

**** me, just got home. Was on my way to work when my train got stopped about 5 mins from Liverpool Street, I use Moorgate on the way to work as well. 1 train earlier from home and I'd have beenv in one of those stations at the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

World Leaders standing together at Gleneagles (ITV) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

brought tears to my eyes seeing the leaders and hearing the speech

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qwerty2k:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by giblets_of_fire:

my dad was due 4 an apointment in C.London at 9:30 today, he would have been on one of those tubes, but his appointment got cancelled yesterday, its at times like this that the idea of a god becomes a bit more believable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell that to the many who were caught up in the blasts icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So he can't be happy his Dad didn't get caught up in it?!?!? icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Secret_squirrel:

Carmen flew into London last night and was meeting people this morning in the centre.

I haven't heard from her and can't get through on her mobile/landline where she's staying icon_frown.gif

For those that didn't know she's expecting too in January... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure she'll be fine, Nick. You'll get in touch with her soon.

• SI Staff

Reason for mobiles not working is because they're shutting down the networks because they believe mobiles could be used to detonate bombs like apparently they did in Madrid?

*the above is 2nd hand report from my sister*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Secret_squirrel:

For those that didn't know she's expecting too in January... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try sending an SMS as they are getting through to C London. Do you know whereabouts she was headed to as I can tell you if that was close where the bombs were, also do you know where she was staying?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJ Totney:

Are the mobile phone networks still down? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In London, probably yes (don't know though).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are down but text messages are getting through just about </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't even use my house phone now. Getting a message saying that the BT network is busy and to try again later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Eric!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qwerty2k:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by giblets_of_fire:

my dad was due 4 an apointment in C.London at 9:30 today, he would have been on one of those tubes, but his appointment got cancelled yesterday, its at times like this that the idea of a god becomes a bit more believable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell that to the many who were caught up in the blasts icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So he can't be happy his Dad didn't get caught up in it?!?!? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats not what i said. he said it makes the idea of god more believable to which i made my response.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:

Originally posted by Samamatara:

I bet Prince Williams would be scared to fly back to England right now... never know what might happen on a plane..

He had a scare in a plane the other day. Too much fog on the South Island of NZ meant the plane he was on aborted landings twice before flying back to Wellington/Christchurch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i cant even imagine what it would be like to be a high profile british royal, at another country..at these times..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enigma:

Reason for mobiles not working is because they're shutting down the networks because they believe mobiles could be used to detonate bombs like apparently they did in Madrid?

*the above is 2nd hand report from my sister* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard that too on TV

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

i missed the first 'bang' in liverpool street/Aldgate by about 28 minutes.

Should feel quite lucky to be alive, but i don't... just feel a little numb, and worried icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a state of shock it'll sink in later then live life to the full icon_smile.gif

you just wonder what kind of stance Bush and Blair and the rest of the leaders will take on terrorism from now on. Will they make a bigger push at destroying it? if thats even possible at all. Will it change the opinions of say the French/Germans?

This whole episode has been very upsetting, but i cant help thinking, it could have been A LOT worse!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659243.stm

Some of these eye-witness reports are quite chilling.

The buses were packed because the underground was closed. People were jumping from the top deck of the bus. Why didn't they suspend all transport straight away? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also the initial thoughts were that a power surge caused the rail problem and not a terrorist attack

• SI Staff

\

Hope all is well mate, all the mobile ops are down, that's why you can't get to her!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

G8 sumit. Whos that in the back (behind bush)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mbeki

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

One of the African delegates I suppose. Several African delegates were invited to intend, as was China and India representatives.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TeediuS:

is that not konan assan, or somethig like that, the UN guy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't kofi annan if thats who you mean icon_smile.gif

Why exactly?

I'm happy for you and your Dad, but I bet there are currently thousands of people thinking exactly the opposite (as well as many thinking the same).

Surely the fact people are able to commit atrocities like this make you less inclined to believe in a God?

Why are fortunate, random acts of coincidence/luck evidence for God?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659243.stm

Some of these eye-witness reports are quite chilling.

The buses were packed because the underground was closed. People were jumping from the top deck of the bus. Why didn't they suspend all transport straight away? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also the initial thoughts were that a power surge caused the rail problem and not a terrorist attack </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah - it was only after the bus bombing that people seriously believed that this was a terrorist attack icon_frown.gif

Mbeki </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Thabo Mbeki - President of South Africa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did anyone see that lawyer on ITV? That was chilling. Its weird you see someone with his power/job and hes really shaken up, but someone younger I saw on TV looked ok. Different affects on different people i guess </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he gave a very detailed account in the circumstances.

just heard my cousin is ok...

this makes me think how many peoples families and friends must going through trying to find out if loved ones are ok

i just cant understand people that can plan and carry out attacks on innocent people living their day to day life... icon_frown.gif

what is wrong with the world...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave C:

Surely the fact people are able to commit atrocities like this make you less inclined to believe in a God? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Utter b0ll0cks. Less likely to believe in the goodness of human nature. Basically completely irrelevant to any religion?

Archived