Explosion in London Underground

defusion

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Can people stop with the "jokes" it really isn't appropiate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea please.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Eric!:

So I think we can safley say it wasn't really about the Olympics and more just about this being London a target, as it has been for a number of years, for a terroist attack.

As someone said earlier about it being a random attack - somehow if it is Al Q then its hardly random and probably would have been planned for a while </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By 'random' I meant that there had not been any particular cause or choice of date. There was certainly some kind of planning, although I don't think that suicide attacks are hard to plan and execute. But what if New York won the Olympics then? And what tells you that there wouldn't be any other attacks of this kind exactly because of the Olympics?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Can people stop with the "jokes" it really isn't appropiate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not even jokes, just clever dick comments tbh

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdyTaylor

How's all the SI peeps?? Any of you get caught up in it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm good thanks icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gianichedda Rules:

Number of casualties could mean anything, sadly i think in this case it's more likely to indicate that in a few hours there will be far more than at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even with a survival rate of 75 %, they'll strill be a significant nuber of deaths icon_frown.gif

Could be some people's coping mechanism?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

I was in asda yesterday when the indian guy in front of me dropped his wallet. I gave it him back being the honest guy that I am and he told me to stay away from the London Underground today!

icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not funny tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I smirked icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

Could be some people's coping mechanism? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont be silly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gw79:

7 explosions on the 7th day of the 7th month seems logical for the want of a better word. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah - there are always clever statistics you can work out... for example, didn't the digits of each flight number of the planes that crashed on 9/11 add up to 11 or something?

I wouldn't read anything into it, tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

Dont be silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd be surprised.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SBA:

It takes them to actually "claim" responsibility for it before people start discussing them.

For much of the time until then it was "oh, well, er ... it's a power surge or something"

Pi$$es me right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too - as soon as the National Grid confirmed it wasn't a power surge, plus the explosion on a bus, it was next to obvious that it was terrorist related.

The media has (believe it or not icon_biggrin.gif) a duty not to unnecessarily cause panic to the public. icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess everyone was just being careful - noone wants to take responsibility for being the first to say "it was terrorism".

f***in al-qaeda or al-qa-wankers ****ed up my weekend, bastards...

now i have to stop in, in case some drunken lout targets me :-(

how dare they target the country i love!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by giblets_of_fire:

my dad was due 4 an apointment in C.London at 9:30 today, he would have been on one of those tubes, but his appointment got cancelled yesterday, its at times like this that the idea of a god becomes a bit more believable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame about the millions of others who didn't have cancelled appts. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

I was going to say, Muslims will have to be very careful over the next few days, tensions will be high. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Oldham will kick off tomorrow night i reckon icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by giblets_of_fire:

my dad was due 4 an apointment in C.London at 9:30 today, he would have been on one of those tubes, but his appointment got cancelled yesterday, its at times like this that the idea of a god becomes a bit more believable </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell that to the many who were caught up in the blasts icon_rolleyes.gif

Tell that to the people on the bus who's appointments weren't cancelled.

Good news for your Dad though. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Martin Palermo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fazpac:

I was going to say, Muslims will have to be very careful over the next few days, tensions will be high. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Oldham will kick off tomorrow night i reckon icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi! No need for that!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kris:

Having not seen who made the "jokes" and what they were I will assume you base your comment purely on that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

Anyone noticed an increase in the number of police on the streets? I've just been out to get some lunch and you never normally see any "on the beat" but there were 3 or 4 around today... Coinicedence? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure all major cities will be on high alert, but I doubt they'll have called in extra police yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

I would just like tha ability to phone my mates to check they are OK. The network busy sign on my mobile is p*ssing me right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want I could check for you - My mopbile seems to be working fine?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

I would just like tha ability to phone my mates to check they are OK. The network busy sign on my mobile is p*ssing me right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. Been trying to get a hold of my mate for ages but can't get him. He's a police officer so i'm assuming he'll have been called out now, but would be nice to know for sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

If you want I could check for you - My mopbile seems to be working fine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just got through to one. Will give the other one five minutes then I'll take you up on the offer. Ta.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enigma:

My girlfriend's mum works in Liverpool St and still no news I really hope she is OK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*update*

She's just reported in, she's OK. Thank F*CK

Having not seen who made the "jokes" and what they were I will assume you base your comment purely on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will base my comment on the fact its Wattsock, I could maybe understand someone posting that as a "coping mechanism" (on a messageboard?) if they were in an effected area.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659243.stm

Some of these eye-witness reports are quite chilling.

The buses were packed because the underground was closed. People were jumping from the top deck of the bus. Why didn't they suspend all transport straight away? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably assumed buses were not the target, though if there were more bombers it would be logical for them to get on packed buses if they couldnt get on the tube

Archived