Explosion in London Underground

defusion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamesrater:

I'd imagine that if it was a suicide bomber than it would be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair point - but Im saying that I hope the bomb was a suicide bomb, so that half the deaths were the terrorists

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

I wonder if abu hamza is feeling a little nervous right now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's probably struggling to open his packet of crisps </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ham and mustard I hope? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smokey bacon

DRAMA: Las Vegas

Channel: Sky One 106

Date: Thursday 7th July 2005

Time: 12:00 to 13:00 (25 minutes left)

Duration: 1 hour.

The Big Bang. Series 1, episode 22.

Drama from the creator of The Fast and the Furious. Nessa faces a diehard blackjack player who has a bomb strapped to his body. Rocker Everlast guest stars.

------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say, that episode has been postponed, replaced by Relic Hunter! Huzzah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And were all the explosions at the same moment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The underground was hit almost simultaneously, but the bus bomb was about 45 minutes later.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

A senior Israeli official said Scotland Yard told Israel minutes before the explosions that it had received warnings of possible terror attacks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That means little - would hardly have time to get prepared enough to handle this in that little time.

The emergency plans were prepared well in advance icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not making any links mate, just putting out info

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by webeto:

i was told some mobile networks were taken down as the bombs may have been set off using them

Don't know if that is possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>it is, that's how the bombing in Spain occurred

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamesrater:

I'd imagine that if it was a suicide bomber than it would be? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair point - but Im saying that I hope the bomb was a suicide bomb, so that half the deaths were the terrorists </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A goverment offical is talking of twenty deaths (It keeps flashing across the bottom of BBC news)

A senior Israeli official said Scotland Yard told Israel minutes before the explosions that it had received warnings of possible terror attacks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That means little - would hardly have time to get prepared enough to handle this in that little time.

The emergency plans were prepared well in advance icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not making any links mate, just putting out info </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Drudge?

If anyone else if going to post new "breaking news" then could they post somekind of link or how they know it so we can all be saved from the hundreds of flase rumours which are just being made up

Thank you icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Anything reported in other big cities? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The city of Newcastle appears to be celebrating something, think that's other news though.

I'm not making any links mate, just putting out info </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand that - t'as been posted before. I just wanted to use your post to praise the emergency services.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

I'm not making any links mate, just putting out info </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Drudge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

washington post?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And were all the explosions at the same moment? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The underground was hit almost simultaneously, but the bus bomb was about 45 minutes later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That bomber was probably running late. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by webeto:

i was told some mobile networks were taken down as the bombs may have been set off using them

Don't know if that is possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possible yes, but unlikely in this case.

The mobile networks were not taken down right away, and the one I work for has just turned it off in the last 30 mins or so to allow priority traffic for emergency services.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gianichedda Rules:

Not many official statements on actual fatalities, can anyone confirm the number and location of all the explosions this morning?

the last I knew there had only been three confirmed explosions, including the Tavistock Square bus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SUSPECTED BLAST LOCATIONS

Edgware Road

King's Cross

Liverpool Street

Russell Square

Aldgate East

Moorgate

I think there's another - Tavistock Square - unless that's the same as one in the list above.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

If anyone else if going to post new "breaking news" then could they post somekind of link or how they know it so we can all be saved from the hundreds of flase rumours which are just being made up

Thank you icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm posting from my CNN feed from TV - tough to link icon_frown.gif

RTÉ (Irish State TV) News are reporting the following:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Police say several killed in London blasts

07 July 2005 12:15

Police in London have said they believe several people were killed in a series of explosions in the city this morning.

They have said it is too early to say what caused the explosions, but it is being reported that the blasts were terrorist attacks.

British Transport Police said the first incident on the tube occurred between Liverpool Street station and Aldgate on the Metropolitan line shortly before 9am. A City of London Police spokesman has confirmed there were two deaths at Aldgate.

London's hospitals have been put on disaster alert, and a doctor has been quoted as saying that at least 90 casualties are being treated near Aldgate station.

A police spokeswoman said blasts were reported at tube stations at Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate East and Moorgate.

There are also reports that a number of people were killed when what was apparently a bomb went off on a double deck bus near Russell Square in the West End.

London Fire Brigade has said it has been called to explosions at a number of locations in central London.

The Irish Embassy in London has said it will set up two helplines as soon as possible. In the meantime, the helpline for people calling from the Republic is 1800 242 548.

The Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Sir Ian Blair, said the picture was still very confused. He said there was evidence of explosives at least one of the explosion sites.

London's entire underground network has been shut down.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

I'm not making any links mate, just putting out info </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Drudge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

washington post? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>just wondering?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Thank you icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm posting from my CNN feed from TV - tough to link icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well just say you got it from CNN TV. Instead of the few posts from people which have just been "x has just happened at y!"

icon_smile.gif

I'm posting from my CNN feed from TV - tough to link icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs, expect BBC/Sky/CNBC icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think there's another - Tavistock Square - unless that's the same as one in the list above. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is the explosion on the bus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gianichedda Rules:

Scotland Yard have since, i think, denied that Israel sent those warnings. That was on the ticker, but those things change all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Israeli Foreign Minister is denying it too. But you have to wonder how the rumor started.

i just went out and got a sanwhich here in covent garden. Never ever seen it so deserted before in my life. Also it's an amazing contrast looking at peoples faces compared to the smiles from yesterday.

I just found i wasn't supposed to because the police have told everyone to stay in their offices and by the radio!

(chicken, bacon, mayo, lettace and gurkin Bloomer in case you're wondering)

I'll tell you what, I just saw exactly where the bus exploded...

5 or 6 times in the last month I have been playing footy with my mates in the park - within 20 yards of where the buss actually blew. Christ, the closest edge of our "pitch" would have been about 5 yards away from the explosion...

And I used to sit in that park and read my newspaper sometimes too, normally about 10 o'clock...

CNN TV is saying that Scotland Yard reports 4 explosions, not 7. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 may have been controlled? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no, the talking heads said that the undergroud explosions might have been reported more than once.

CNN TV is saying that Scotland Yard reports 4 explosions, not 7. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3 may have been controlled? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no, the talking heads said that the undergroud explosions might have been reported more than once.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bliss Seeker:

(chicken, bacon, mayo, lettace and gurkin Bloomer in case you're wondering) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good choice icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iron-bullet:

There was a suicide bomber shot in Canary Wharf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I always imagined that Canary Wharf would be attacked first in an act of terrorism

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superdude:

Trains are running out of london bridge. my wife is on one now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know - thanks

3 may have been controlled? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Possibly - seems there are suspect packages everywhere.

A reporter at Gleneagles says the hotel where journalists were staying in Glasgow has been evacuated (reports Fox News).

no, the talking heads said that the undergroud explosions might have been reported more than once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anything that reduces the seeming damage is fine by me icon14.gif

So I think we can safley say it wasn't really about the Olympics and more just about this being London a target, as it has been for a number of years, for a terroist attack.

As someone said earlier about it being a random attack - somehow if it is Al Q then its hardly random and probably would have been planned for a while

3 may have been controlled? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>no, the talking heads said that the undergroud explosions might have been reported more than once. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

4 will be the confirmed number. The MET are saying possibly 7 explosions. LAS called to 8 locations.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

CNN are wrong from what I understand - there have been at least 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From BBC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Two people have been killed and scores have been injured after at least seven blasts on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

CNN are wrong from what I understand - there have been at least 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>they were saying that because explosions occurred between stations that they were counted "doubly" - does anyone with knowledge of the Underground believe that's true? are the six sites "twinned" with another, if that makes any sense.

Archived