Explosion in London Underground

defusion

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranjith:

Union officials said there were 3 bus blasts.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and the BBC are saying there was 1 bus bomb blast.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sydney666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Eric!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sydney666:

Yeah 100 odd sadly. Ive already heard it on Italian news and on CNN. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky News and BBC reporting that only 2 confirmed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, they said 100 casualties...I thought they meant dead. Incidentally they just said on CNN "casulaties" means anyone affected, including injured. So thanks for pointing that out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't having a go when I pointed that out icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smiggs:

bbc are suggesting that one of the bus explosions has been caused by suicide bomber, a hall mark of Al-Quieda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that didn't happen before 2001?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

If this happened yesterday would we of got the Olympics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

of course not

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougs:

For the Guy who wanted pictures </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theres a policman in one of the pictures still holding what looks like a speed gun in his hand - whats he expecting?

Serioulsy everything thats happened is extremly bad but try not to start arguing about whats happened

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefinalbroadcast:

People at work (I'm in Erith) said they heard some sort of big bang from over in Essex way, followed by lots of ambulances. We're right on the river, so don't know what is going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's far from London centre. What time was that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

If this happened yesterday would we of got the Olympics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry Fran, you are probably right on that one. Security issues I suppose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranjith:

I'm stuck in London at work. Can't get back to Dartford.

I was on a bus in London this morning after blasts had happened. Why didn't buses get message to evacuate earlier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

someone i was talking to who is in london was saying he was warning people at bus stops and bus drivers, and they were still getting on the buses.

that's kinda a funny image actually

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Eric!:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougs:

Theres a policman in one of the pictures still holding what looks like a speed gun in his hand - whats he expecting?

Serioulsy everything thats happened is extremly bad but try not to start arguing about whats happened </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a megaphone icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enigma:

Bomber was on the top deck of the bus? icon_confused.gif Judging by that pic on SkyNews </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

towards the back i'd guess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Im not going to get into a political debate mate. I came here to see how my mates at SI and the gents I know from testing (even if via the site) were okay.

I apologise if any of my comments were taken the wrong way, but no one has the right to defend the people who do these things.

Thanks mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, people have the right to defend whatever they want. That's what a democracy is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>*sigh* okay defending terrorists is democracy. Dont make me laugh mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smiggs:

bbc are suggesting that one of the bus explosions has been caused by suicide bomber, a hall mark of Al-Quieda. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that didn't happen before 2001? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's never happened in the UK I don't refute your point that Al-Quieda is an umbrella group for a lot of islamic terrorists now, it isn't a calling sign for say the IRA for instance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

Serioulsy everything thats happened is extremly bad but try not to start arguing about whats happened </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a megaphone icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok just didnt really look like a normal megaphone - but thats cool my mistake

One of the Channels also pointed out that it didn't have to be a suicide bomber as it would have been easy to leave a small bag containing the bombs on the bus, set a timer and then get off the bus.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevethedog:

Im not going to get into a political debate mate. I came here to see how my mates at SI and the gents I know from testing (even if via the site) were okay.

I apologise if any of my comments were taken the wrong way, but no one has the right to defend the people who do these things.

Erm, people have the right to defend whatever they want. That's what a democracy is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>*sigh* okay defending terrorists is democracy. Dont make me laugh mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because that's your job?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefinalbroadcast:

People at work (I'm in Erith) said they heard some sort of big bang from over in Essex way, followed by lots of ambulances. We're right on the river, so don't know what is going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's far from London centre. What time was that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was about 20 minutes ago now - someone at work's mum has now rung and said something like "a boat has gone up" now... obviously, don't want to get involved in tittle-tattle but there were a huge amount of sirens about 15 minutes ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steff:

Yeah 100 odd sadly. Ive already heard it on Italian news and on CNN. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky News and BBC reporting that only 2 confirmed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, they said 100 casualties...I thought they meant dead. Incidentally they just said on CNN "casulaties" means anyone affected, including injured. So thanks for pointing that out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't having a go when I pointed that out icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I know, others did though. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enigma:

Bomber was on the top deck of the bus? icon_confused.gif Judging by that pic on SkyNews </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

towards the back i'd guess </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the state of that pic, no one on the top deck have much chance I would say

Erm, people have the right to defend whatever they want. That's what a democracy is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>*sigh* okay defending terrorists is democracy. Dont make me laugh mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is mate, sorry.

I'm stuck in London at work. Can't get back to Dartford.

I was on a bus in London this morning after blasts had happened. Why didn't buses get message to evacuate earlier? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My wife has benn evacuated from holborn and sent home, she gotta get to crayford (as i have later today from stratford) i cant get hold of her on her mobile, dont suppose you know if anythign is running from charing cross, cannon street or london bridge?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamesrater:

Because that's your job? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One of my friends is missing from that blast (isnt answering her phone) and you think im defending terrorists? Please dont offend me with silly comments mate? Please? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hopefully that's not true, or at least unrelated

That's far from London centre. What time was that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was about 20 minutes ago now - someone at work's mum has now rung and said something like "a boat has gone up" now... obviously, don't want to get involved in tittle-tattle but there were a huge amount of sirens about 15 minutes ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SouthCoastRed:

From the state of that pic, no one on the top deck have much chance I would say </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the seats at the front look undamaged so theres always hope icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

Has Rolfe made it to work? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuck on his way to work, probably heading back home if he can now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Guy From The Sunny Place:

There is a media blackout. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gamesrater:

Because that's your job? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One of my friends is missing from that blast (isnt answering her phone) and you think im defending terrorists? Please dont offend me with silly comments mate? Please? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I think you are defending terrorists, with those comments about donkeys icon14.gif You're a bright one, aren't you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Explosion in London Underground Page 1 2 ... 6 7

666 posts

07 July 2005 12:20

by Sydney666

------------------------------

ok, that's just weird </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by foobR:

Explosion in London Underground Page 1 2 ... 6 7

666 posts

07 July 2005 12:20

by Sydney666

------------------------------

ok, that's just weird </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I had the 666th post? icon_eek.gif

Well, I was in town this morning to pick up my passports from a mate, we'd been applying for Chinese tourist visas. I'd gone in on the Piccadilly line, got into town about 9am. When I came out of my mates office all fricking hell was breaking lose. Sirens everywhere, never seen so many ambulances.

People weren't panicing though, tried to get back on the tube and was told that the Piccadilly line was closed because of a security incident. Saw the news on some TVs in a shop window. Thought "there's no was I'm getting on a mothertrucking bus" and walked home.

Heavy shit but could have been a lot worse i.e dirty bomb it's clearly a publicity stunt by Al Qaeda.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SouthCoastRed:

London Ambulance Statement mentions incident at Leicester Square.

Been no word on that before </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's flashed up on five, could be just a train stuck in the tunnel.

Always expected the London tube to be hit sooner or later.

Good to see Michael, Will and a few of the other Londoners I know, posting. Hope none of the people I know got hit.

This is another black day in history.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Guy From The Sunny Place:

what sort of post is that icon_biggrin.gif

Because that's your job? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One of my friends is missing from that blast (isnt answering her phone) and you think im defending terrorists? Please dont offend me with silly comments mate? Please? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She wont be answering her phone (I'm assumming you mean moblie) as most of the networks are down in London at the moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

According to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the BBC icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Bends:

This is pretty horrible. Condolences to all involved. However we better no go down the American route and start bringing in draconian laws. The bottom line is there really is very little you can do to stop people doing this kind of thing without destroying civil liberties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

watch someone try and introduce something like an ID card though... oh wait.

Yes, I think you are defending terrorists, with those comments about donkeys icon14.gif You're a bright one, aren't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What? You have no clue what you are on about.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Al Qaeda and Jihad in Europe claiming responsibilty (BBC Monitering) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that on the BBC website, as I can't find it?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steff:

She wont be answering her phone (I'm assumming you mean moblie) as most of the networks are down in London at the moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah anybody getting "Emergency calls only" ?

And that didn't happen before 2001? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it's never happened in the UK I don't refute your point that Al-Quieda is an umbrella group for a lot of islamic terrorists now, it isn't a calling sign for say the IRA for instance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much. Any Islamic organisation can claim to be them, aided by them or run by them.

Archived