Explosion in London Underground

defusion

Guest Spursarecrap

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big John Stud:

Blair looks really shaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah its upsetting, but i think blair makes the most of it.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Realdidi:

why do thye show pictures like that?? what do thye think it will achieve?? scaring the siht uot of the British public even more??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because a lot of people will want to see what is going on. Seeing real people in situations like that can help make people realise just what's going on and how serious it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Martin Palermo:

Ah fook horrible news, I know people in London (Uxbridge though)

Anyone know if Uxbridge is close to any of the bombing incidents? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nowhere near.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Martin Palermo:

Anyone know if Uxbridge is close to any of the bombing incidents? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Uxbridge is on the outskirts of West London nowhere near the incidents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">JERUSALEM (AFP)

Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had been scheduled to hold a meeting with investors at a hotel on top of the site of an explosion in central London, public radio reported.

"The explosion happened just beneath the hotel at the same time the meeting with businessman interested in investing in Israel was expected to begin," Oren Helman, an aide to the right-wing former premier, told public radio Thursday.

"The finance minister was forced to stay in the hotel where he is staying, at the request of British security services," he added.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif

Both my wife and I have friends in London - we hope they're okay.

Tony Blair confirms "series of terrorist attacks in London".

Going to fly down from Scotland, IIRC, but G8 meeting will continue.

Very suspicious that this has happened the very day the G8 meeting started. Couldn't do anything in Edinburgh because of all the security, so the next best thing - London.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

Please tell me that the normal railways are fine, my dad's working on them today icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would appear so.

Nowhere near, Uxbridge is far out to the west.

Listen guys, is there anybody who lives in London and can give some correct information on all of this and the situation there and who would be willing to make a call to a radio show? It's an Italian show in Rome for Lazio fans, the biggest in Rome, and we've been trying to contact some Laziali living in London but have been unsuccesful. Of course you would be speaking in English. Your help would be greatly appreciated, we're naturally very worried about the situation...

You can mail me at ottokoskela@gmail.com or just post in this thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

I know very little about London, is this anywhere near the BBC building

I suppose not but can anyone confirm this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About a mile away from the Radio stations on Regents Street but probably 3 to 4 miles from the main building in Shepherd's Bush

miles away mate, thats where I live.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

Please tell me that the normal railways are fine, my dad's working on them today icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No reports of any damage to overground rail services, so I'll say everything should be ok icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sydney666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sky Blue Tom:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sydney666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerxes T Billy:

Terrorists are tools who dont understand anything about god. They think "donkeys" as advanced transport. Im surpised they know how to make friggen bombs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets try to keep the stereotypes and xenophobia to a minimum icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So you are saying people who kill others are "masterminds"? pffft.

I didnt mention anyone or any nation. Hardly a stereotype. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mate, if you can even come close to hatching a plan to crash four commercial airliners into specific targets, including the central military base, on American soil, then I'll acknowledge your point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>True but I didnt talk about the american bombings nor did I say who caused these attacks.

Getting a bomb together and making them explode at the same time in a bus isnt hardly a difficult thing to do. Then for people to say that they do it for "god" is even more irritating.

I said they are backwards people because of their mentality and brutality. No one civil would do these kinds of things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't disagree, but no-one civil would:

1) push the Palestinians out of their homeland and turn them into refugees

2) invade a sovereign country, Iraq, and kill tens of thousands of civilians

What goes around, comes around. These acts are despicable, but Blair has blood on his hands.

It makes it even more laughable that the war in Iraq was supposed to help fight terrorism!

We will never have peace anywhere until the Palestinians are free.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cockney Cobbler:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FMaddick:

I know very little about London, is this anywhere near the BBC building

I suppose not but can anyone confirm this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About a mile away from the Radio stations on Regents Street but probably 3 to 4 miles from the main building in Shepherd's Bush </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers

A relative works in the main BBC building I think

Im not going to get into a political debate mate. I came here to see how my mates at SI and the gents I know from testing (even if via the site) were okay.

I apologise if any of my comments were taken the wrong way, but no one has the right to defend the people who do these things.

Thanks mate.

This is pretty horrible. Condolences to all involved. However we better no go down the American route and start bringing in draconian laws. The bottom line is there really is very little you can do to stop people doing this kind of thing without destroying civil liberties.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by steff:

No reports of any damage to overground rail services, so I'll say everything should be ok icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks - hopefully they evacuated those too as soon as the first explosion was announced icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wazup:

If its to do with G8 why not blow up things in a scottish city </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*rolls out the 'millions of pounds worth of improvements in Dundee' gag* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif

You're adding insult to injury now.

Yeah 100 odd sadly. Ive already heard it on Italian news and on CNN. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky News and BBC reporting that only 2 confirmed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Bends:

This is pretty horrible. Condolences to all involved. However we better no go down the American route and start bringing in draconian laws. The bottom line is there really is very little you can do to stop people doing this kind of thing without destroying civil liberties. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just proves you can't stop terrorism. No way. Particularly if people are prepared to blow themselves up. But Bush doesn't understand this. He thinks you can hunt them all down.

You are fighting ideas, not people. Th eonly way to beat it is to address the reasons for why they are doing it.

We have been told for months, years now that there would be an attack on London. They are fully prepared, and still couldn't stop it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fat Bhoy Tim:

Hardly surprising they claimed responsibility. But Al-Queda can be anyone & any thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly

Im not going to get into a political debate mate. I came here to see how my mates at SI and the gents I know from testing (even if via the site) were okay.

I apologise if any of my comments were taken the wrong way, but no one has the right to defend the people who do these things.

Thanks mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, people have the right to defend whatever they want. That's what a democracy is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Eric!:

Yeah 100 odd sadly. Ive already heard it on Italian news and on CNN. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky News and BBC reporting that only 2 confirmed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, they said 100 casualties...I thought they meant dead. Incidentally they just said on CNN "casulaties" means anyone affected, including injured. So thanks for pointing that out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Rescue Service at Kings Cross, people still trapped. (BBC) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reports of fatalities in this incident (BBC)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

If this happened yesterday would we of got the Olympics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might have put us over the top, sympathy vote and all that although tbh even the IOC would have suspended the voting

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

If this happened yesterday would we of got the Olympics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No

Archived