The SI Sports Centre - DISCUSSION THREAD

Well if you ever need ideas I'm happy to help :)

I'll be updating the thread when I get back, time away will give me a few quiet hours hopefully to finish off the piece about how I start a game in the first 15 mins.

I'm alsot thinking of doing one on what I do when go a man down.

I'm definitely looking forward to the piece on the first 15 minutes. The one on going down to 10 men will be of benefit to a lot of people on here. For once this is an area I am happy with. I get good results when going a man down and the way I go about it is probably different to most but it works quite nicely for me, but that's due to the personnel I have up front more than anything :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm definitely looking forward to the piece on the first 15 minutes. The one on going down to 10 men will be of benefit to a lot of people on here. For once this is an area I am happy with. I get good results when going a man down and the way I go about it is probably different to most but it works quite nicely for me, but that's due to the personnel I have up front more than anything :)

How do you set up with going a man down? I always win when I lose a man morealess as I don't stray from my match plan like people would presume. I stick to me guns kind of :)

How do you set up with going a man down? I always win when I lose a man morealess as I don't stray from my match plan like people would presume. I stick to me guns kind of :)
I take off my AM or if my AM is better than one of my wingers then I take the winger off and push the AM out wide. I then drop my striker into the AM position as he is more than capable there. So it means I still have the same amount of bodies in midfield and defence. I then usually play a bit more defensive and try and play keep ball or counter quickly, depending on the scoreline. The opposition tend to leave spaces for me to counter into so I don't mind too much going down a man

I take off my AM or if my AM is better than one of my wingers then I take the winger off and push the AM out wide. I then drop my striker into the AM position as he is more than capable there. So it means I still have the same amount of bodies in midfield and defence. I then usually play a bit more defensive and try and play keep ball or counter quickly, depending on the scoreline. The opposition tend to leave spaces for me to counter into so I don't mind too much going down a man

Same as me then :cool:

I played have a season with Ngog in my side, so i am well used to being "worse than a man doon.........." (ok i will get of my anti-Ngog high hors now!)

For the moment i am giving something different a whirl, didnt want to change again mid season in my Bolton save so fired up a quick game as newcastle. Sticking to a simlar shape, with the back 3, an anchor and DM, but the one CM on attack, with an AP in the AM slot, on support (idea being that the CM and AM almost "swap" during some moves to create confusion). Up front still have IF and Winger, but have moved them right up to the FL and FR slots. Going with high tempo, lots of pressing and mixed passing, average D line. Need high energy players for this and newcastle have a few of them (even ben arfa who is a lazy *** is looking good in it so far).

Has anyone ever come up against a narrow 4-2-3-1 formation whilst using the 3-2-2-2-1

All the time agains Man City, but unfortunately they are a bad example because the standard of play is so silly it makes the tactics close to irrelevant (they just played a front 4 against me of - Tevez, Silva, Ganso, Aguero.........)

I found tactically the 32221 matched up not to badly, chances were equal and we had more possesion most times. Problem is they tend to score with most CCC and with quite a few of there half chances :/

Has anyone ever come up against a narrow 4-2-3-1 formation whilst using the 3-2-2-2-1

Bayern played against me like that. Gomez - Tevez, Kroos, Robben - Schweinsteiger, Muller. I am not sure if the players listed are right.

I second this bit of info. I never go out of my way to teach anyone PPM's unless the assistant says it's a good idea. Even then I'm sceptical and have a hard long think about it.

Definitely. Especially if he's telling you to limit the foot players use. That drives me mad.

The main ones I use are the finishing ones. I get pacey dribblers who aren't very good at shooting to round the keeper when 1 on 1, and that makes a huge difference. I'll tell technical targetmen to take first time shots, and creative players to chip the keeper.

I've never really made an effort to get players to train PPMs.

I'm generally ok with whichever PPMs the youngster pick up from the more experienced players. Except for 'Argues with officials'. Pretty sure Darren Fletcher gave that one to 4 or 5 of my youth players in my last save.

Also, I've had the crazy idea of giving all of my field players free roaming....I wonder what that will do to the way my players move around....

Also, I've had the crazy idea of giving all of my field players free roaming....I wonder what that will do to the way my players move around....
This is something I want to see happen and work

This is something I want to see happen and work

I shall give it a try and mention if anything extraordinary happens.

I little bit ago, I mentioned having a problem trying to get a formation to work.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/149/experimentx.png

My issue was Iniesta staying higher up the pitch than Messi when I wanted Messi to be 'main striker' and Iniesta to work more closely with Xavi. Basically, they were doing the opposite of what I wanted (Iniesta staying high and Messi dropping deep).

I've been thinking what could cause this both when we have the ball and when we do not have the ball and it got me thinking.

Now offensively, I'm still at a loss to why he is constantly playing higher than Messi. But when we don't have to ball, I'm starting to think that it has something to do with his closing down. Which has got me thinking...have I been thinking about closing down wrong?

I've always thought that a high closing down meant that said player would constantly chase down everything and would get him tracking back constantly. Maybe it just controls how high up the pitch that said player presses. Now if thats the case, I could try giving them the same closing down and see if Messi's higher mentality will get him occupying the space higher up the pitch like I want him to do.

Well considering you dont really have the players who could mark them it would be best to try and stop the ball distribution towards them. Man mark their fullbacks, make opponents start their attacks with long balls towards your tall defenders. I also use man mark for my fullbacks and if their wingers are too attacking my fullbacks mark them. Hopefully meanwhile my midfielders and my DM get to mark opponents attacking mids and striker.

Hey Guys I have been having this trouble for a while with the 3-2-2-2-1 and 3-1-2-3-1 against the 4-4-2, the wingers in the 4-4-2 always rip my team, Can someone give me a couple tips on how to defend against the 4-4-2 effectively

With a 3-2-2-2-1, I set the fullbacks to mark the strikers, the DM's to mark the wingers, and my wingers to mark their fullbacks. Usually seems to work pretty good.

As anyone actually been able to create the WM tactic and have success with it ?

I set the tactic up mid season and set myself to holiday for about six months to give my team chance to get familiar with it, and here are my results

th_WMTactic-Results.png"]th_WMTactic-Results.png[/url]

As you can see this is very poor

Here is my formation

th_WMFormation.png"]th_WMFormation.png[/url]

I set the tactic up mid season and set myself to holiday for about six months to give my team chance to get familiar with it, and here are my results

th_WMTactic-Results.png"]th_WMTactic-Results.png[/url]

As you can see this is very poor

Here is my formation

th_WMFormation.png"]th_WMFormation.png[/url]

It's not an "I win!" button. You have to watch and learn and build upon the base the tactic gives you. You can't set it up and holiday for 6 months and expect to have great results. The whole basis of all of Cleon's posts are to watch and learn and think about how improvements can be made. The fact you just plugged in and were disappointed with the results after holidaying for 6 months means you've missed the point of the entire thread.

It's not an "I win!" button. You have to watch and learn and build upon the base the tactic gives you. You can't set it up and holiday for 6 months and expect to have great results. The whole basis of all of Cleon's posts are to watch and learn and think about how improvements can be made. The fact you just plugged in and were disappointed with the results after holidaying for 6 months means you've missed the point of the entire thread.

I understand that, the idea was to go on holiday until my team is familiar with the formation and then watch the games back, make changes and try and improve the tactic, im aware that you cant just set the formation up and expect to win but the problem I have is when I look back at the highlights from the analysis tab im not sure how to identify the problems and implement changes to counter the problems ?

Start with something small then. Are your fullbacks to far forward causing you get to get beat by long counters down the flanks? If not then move to a different position. Are your 4 midfielders not keeping their shape? If not, then think about who's was out of position and what setting caused him to be out of position. If he's doing something other than your settings, are his mental attributes leading him to make bad decisions.

Watch a game where you did well, and see how the AI played against you and why you had success. Then watch a game where you played poorly and see what the differences where. Did they sit back, let you take the game to them, and try to counter? Or did they push high up the field, press hard, and not allow your midfield to get the ball up to the strikers? Keep in mind that every game is different, which is why it really is best to at least watch the first 15-20 minutes on full highlights so you can see if you need to make a couple small changes to your strategy.

As an example, if you see the AI not really pressing and letting you push up and pass the ball around, you might use the drop deeper shout. It will do 2 things, it should help your attackers not get caught in a real congested area, giving you more space to attack in, but it also drops your defensive line slider 3 notches, which should help you not get caught as easily by long ball over the top.

ok I will start my next game and take a look, the problem I see most is I tend to have a lot of the attack but then loose possession then the AI pings a long ball past/over my defence for the striker to run onto and they score or im out numbered at the back ?

Ho do I post my games on here for you to take a look ?

Ok im playing Man Utd and im watching the game live and ive just witnessed a moment when I have been cought short at the back 2v1 on this occasion I got away with it but I cant see Man Utd letting me get away with it too many times, see pics... How do I stop this from happening again obviously from these pics you can see my full backs are no where to be seen (I have just changed them to Full Back - Attack because my forwards didn't have enough options to pass to) and also my two DMC's are too far apart from my CB leaving him stranded.

During this game I have also changed team passing from direct to short as my team was giving away possession by trying long balls.

Shortattheback101.png

Shortattheback102.png

Shortattheback103.png

I have changed my Fullbacks back to defend and also dropped the mentality of my two DMC's to that last notch of normal and see if it makes a diff.

In the WM always keep your fullbacks on defend. What helps is if you set your wingers to man mark the opposition fullbacks. have your fullbacks set to man mark. Man U can be tough to play with their pace etc. Plus i find the 442 and 4411 the tougher formations to play against. What sometimes works is if you get your fullbacks to specifically mark the 2 strikers in a 442. Use shouts as well, in the info thread that this thread relates to Cleon showed a couple of sets of shouts i uses. I use something similar. What i did was stay attacking but use defensive shouts. Watch the games and see who is causing trouble, 2d mode is good for this. Also see what your midfield box is doing. Are any too close together, creating space for the opposition. Happened to me when i set one of my MC's to man mark someone, he ended up playing to close to the anchor man and caused more problems.

It is a good formation, but you have to keep an eye on it, and also see what the opposition, you have to react and adapt when they change formation. Constant tweaking with this one but worth it. Am in 2nd season with Chelsea and going well, and have umpteen versions of the tactic saved with tweaks that have or haven't worked.

But if still struggling a bit drop the 2 wide players back down to AML/R see if that helps against the bigger opposition.

Yups with almost every team I use, it's quite easy.

And in one sentence you lose my interest sorry. I'd be wasting my time trying to help you as you've missed the entire point of every single thread I've ever done. Especially this one.
It's not an "I win!" button. You have to watch and learn and build upon the base the tactic gives you. You can't set it up and holiday for 6 months and expect to have great results. The whole basis of all of Cleon's posts are to watch and learn and think about how improvements can be made. The fact you just plugged in and were disappointed with the results after holidaying for 6 months means you've missed the point of the entire thread

I'm amazed by how many people still don't watch games yet post on here asking for help. The best thing anyone can do who is wanting help is to actually watch a game yourself and learn whats wrong. I'll help anyone and spent many hours doing so but they've also gotta help themselves, I'm not gonna sit and spoon feed everyone who need help.
I understand that, the idea was to go on holiday until my team is familiar with the formation and then watch the games back, make changes and try and improve the tactic, im aware that you cant just set the formation up and expect to win but the problem I have is when I look back at the highlights from the analysis tab im not sure how to identify the problems and implement changes to counter the problems ?

You don't understand though sadly or you'd have not done it that way around to begin with.

Theres more to it than watching highlights. You have to watch full games. If you've read this thread and the main thread then you'd have a better idea on how to spot problems.
Start with something small then. Are your fullbacks to far forward causing you get to get beat by long counters down the flanks? If not then move to a different position. Are your 4 midfielders not keeping their shape? If not, then think about who's was out of position and what setting caused him to be out of position. If he's doing something other than your settings, are his mental attributes leading him to make bad decisions.

Watch a game where you did well, and see how the AI played against you and why you had success. Then watch a game where you played poorly and see what the differences where. Did they sit back, let you take the game to them, and try to counter? Or did they push high up the field, press hard, and not allow your midfield to get the ball up to the strikers? Keep in mind that every game is different, which is why it really is best to at least watch the first 15-20 minutes on full highlights so you can see if you need to make a couple small changes to your strategy.

As an example, if you see the AI not really pressing and letting you push up and pass the ball around, you might use the drop deeper shout. It will do 2 things, it should help your attackers not get caught in a real congested area, giving you more space to attack in, but it also drops your defensive line slider 3 notches, which should help you not get caught as easily by long ball over the top.

Exactly.

It's quite easy to see why someone is giving possession away. Why the defender keeps getting turned. Why the striker misses so many chances. Why the midfielder just keeps shooting etc. Solving them is harder in some cases but spotting and identifying issues is easy, you've just gotta pay attention and watch games yourself to understand how something does/doesn't work first though.
ok I will start my next game and take a look, the problem I see most is I tend to have a lot of the attack but then loose possession then the AI pings a long ball past/over my defence for the striker to run onto and they score or im out numbered at the back ?

Ho do I post my games on here for you to take a look ?

Think about what you are asking, read it back and you'll answer your own question.

You attack, lose possession and get hit by balls over the top and are outnumbered. Penny dropped yet? You're comitting too many people forward in attacks and playing with a high d-line. Hence the long balls over the top and been out numbered.

Ok this is how my game against Man Utd finished, 5-0.... despite watching the game live and tinkering with the tactic whilst the game was being played I still struggled, both teams finished the game with ten men after both having a player sent off in the first half

ManUtd5vWolvesnill.png

Cleon the only reason I went on hols was so my team could get familiar with my tactics before I started to watch matches live and make changes.

Ok this is how my game against Man Utd finished, 5-0.... despite watching the game live and tinkering with the tactic whilst the game was being played I still struggled, both teams finished the game with ten men after both having a player sent off in the first half

ManUtd5vWolvesnill.png

Cleon the only reason I went on hols was so my team could get familiar with my tactics before I started to watch matches live and make changes.

Why get them familiar with something that you don't know works? Seems a silly idea to me. You're supposed to get them familiar with something that you know works and not something that you are going to be changing as when you change a setting it's no longer fluid. So I fail to see your logic.

You also need to understand how a formation works, both its good and bad points. You cannot do this on holiday mode.

As for the screenshot you posted it means nothing. Look at the analysis section of the thread and understand how that works. Then you might find the bit of the thread useful that talks about me going 3-0 down and see how I changed stuff in game to turn it around and win.

Im getting a lot of situations where my players shoot and miss when there are better options i.e a short pass to a team mate, I have my players set to long shots = to rarely, so why are they still shooting instead of looking for the pass ?

As you can see from the ss there are options to lay a short pass to the attackers on the right but instead Diame who is the DMC and has only 6 finishing but 16 passing decides to shoot instead

WhyShoot101.png

Another situation, Sow shoots from outside the box when he as Denilson in front of his defender making a run to the left of him

WhyShoot102.png

Im getting a lot of situations where my players shoot and miss when there are better options i.e a short pass to a team mate, I have my players set to long shots = to rarely, so why are they still shooting instead of looking for the pass ?

Have you actually read all this thread? I've answered this question a few times already.

Just because you have them to shoot from range set to rarely doesn't mean they still wont. If they don't have a good passing option to pass to then they will still shoot if they have no options. How have you set their passing up? What about mentality and tempo? All those have some kind of impact on passing.

Plus the important factor is you need players around the person you want to pass to so they are a viable passing option. Plus you have to factor in the actual player attributes which are discussed in the main thread.
As you can see from the ss there are options to lay a short pass to the attackers on the right but instead Diame who is the DMC and has only 6 finishing but 16 passing decides to shoot instead

Not really he doesn't. It looks like he is running at speed and already pulling the trigger. If he tries to pull that back to pass then chances are from the position of his marker he'd end up losing possession for your team anyway.

What's 6 finishing and 16 passing got to do with it? They don't effect who he passes to. They only determine how good he is at putting the ball on target and how good he actually is at passing the ball. You should be looking at decisions, teamwork, anticipation and composure more so if you want him to pass.
Another situation, Sow shoots from outside the box when he as Denilson in front of his defender making a run to the left of him

No passing to the side where his marker is would be stupid because he's have to stop, pivot and pass backwards to the player on his left. If the right sides player wasn't already running then he would have been the better passing option. But again it depends on the stats of the player on the ball and his instructions. Apart from the player on his right he has no viable options at all and no one clear to pass to. So it's no surprise he shot from range. Every player in the screenshot apart from the right one and the player on the ball is stood still and you wonder why he shoots from distance? Really?
Also just conceded this crazy goal, Fulham's keeper took a long freekick from deep in there own area straight over the top of my def for Villa to run onto and score !

Why is it crazy? The only crazy thing I can see is your defender been very deep compared to the rest of the defensive line. Why the hell is he so deep? Are you trying to use him as a sweeper? That's the only explanation as to why he'd be that deep compared to the rest? If not. then its a clear case of you failing to set up the defence to work as a unit.

I'd honestly reccomend you to re-read the thread again and take your time to digest what you read.

Ok I admit im struggling, I have never really setup a successful tactic I normally give up and dl one, I have set my Defence Line all the way up to the end but he is still at the back by his self ?

I don't know because you've not said anything about the player and what settings he uses?

Read the main thread and also read this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292499-Tactics-Creating-your-own-tactic

Both of them combined should be able to get you some sort of consistent tactic to use:)

I don't know because you've not said anything about the player and what settings he uses?

Read the main thread and also read this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/292499-Tactics-Creating-your-own-tactic

Both of them combined should be able to get you some sort of consistent tactic to use:)

They are all pretty much set as default, I will take a read of that thread and see if I can improve things but im getting very frustrated more at myself for playing the game for years and still not knowing how to create a successful tactic by myself.

They are all pretty much set as default, I will take a read of that thread and see if I can improve things but im getting very frustrated more at myself for playing the game for years and still not knowing how to create a successful tactic by myself.

Don't worry mate lots of people who have posted in this thread felt the same. But most of them now have a better understanding and have had some success making tactics. It takes time but just read up and watch games and you'll soon enough begin to notice things :)

i finished yet another season. Unfortunately we finished second in the league. 11 draws was just too much despite only losing 3 matches. Leverkusen was brilliant entire season and they really deserved the trophy. We did beat them 8:1 in our league match but they finished the season 9 points ahead of us. Third placed team was 12 points behind me aswell. :D Quite funny actually.

I did have lots of troubles with injuries in the last 3 months. Sanogo was injured so i didnt really have anyone to replace him with, Heung-Min couldnt do nothing, last season he scored more goals in 2 consecutive matches then this entire season. And i didnt even make and big change. So just sold him for lots of profit. I plan on selling Reus aswell. I cant really find him the right position and since he isnt starting most matches theres no way i am gonna pay his wages. He is free to go. I think i need a new leftback. Jagos Vukovic will stay in the club, he is the captain and all, but i think its harder for him to play now because the team grew and became stronger through the years but he stayed about the same. He did great for the past season and will stay num.2 LB choice. We still love him. Hopefully he will join our staff team once he retires.

The thing i noticed is that i concede lots of goals from corners. It happened 4 times this season that i conceded a goal from corner in the 90+ minute..

Attacking throw-ins are ok now - i set my wingers to take those.

Next season i have to improve my team (mostly tactically). I drew 1/3 of my matches, it seemed like there were only two possible scenarios: I come back to scrape a point, or i concede late to lose 2 points. And dont get me wrong, i dont want you to think i am complaining, i love the fact i didnt win the league. Gives me more of a challenge and motivation to get that trophy back.

Back to watching full highlights matches. :)

Oh yea and i lost against Barca in quarter final of UCL. I managed to have 60% of ball possesion at Nou Camp (Ancelotti is their manager :D) but they knocked me out. 3:7 on agregate.

i finished yet another season. Unfortunately we finished second in the league. 11 draws was just too much despite only losing 3 matches. Leverkusen was brilliant entire season and they really deserved the trophy. We did beat them 8:1 in our league match but they finished the season 9 points ahead of us. Third placed team was 12 points behind me aswell. :D Quite funny actually.

I did have lots of troubles with injuries in the last 3 months. Sanogo was injured so i didnt really have anyone to replace him with, Heung-Min couldnt do nothing, last season he scored more goals in 2 consecutive matches then this entire season. And i didnt even make and big change. So just sold him for lots of profit. I plan on selling Reus aswell. I cant really find him the right position and since he isnt starting most matches theres no way i am gonna pay his wages. He is free to go. I think i need a new leftback. Jagos Vukovic will stay in the club, he is the captain and all, but i think its harder for him to play now because the team grew and became stronger through the years but he stayed about the same. He did great for the past season and will stay num.2 LB choice. We still love him. Hopefully he will join our staff team once he retires.

The thing i noticed is that i concede lots of goals from corners. It happened 4 times this season that i conceded a goal from corner in the 90+ minute..

Attacking throw-ins are ok now - i set my wingers to take those.

Next season i have to improve my team (mostly tactically). I drew 1/3 of my matches, it seemed like there were only two possible scenarios: I come back to scrape a point, or i concede late to lose 2 points. And dont get me wrong, i dont want you to think i am complaining, i love the fact i didnt win the league. Gives me more of a challenge and motivation to get that trophy back.

Back to watching full highlights matches. :)

Oh yea and i lost against Barca in quarter final of UCL. I managed to have 60% of ball possesion at Nou Camp (Ancelotti is their manager :D) but they knocked me out. 3:7 on agregate.

Do you use match prep to defend defensive set pieces etc? You should use it against teams you know are a threat from them.

mmm no, its a good idea but i just didnt come up with it because previous season i hardly ever conceded from corners and my teams height didnt really change that much. I will try it , thanks :)

Give it a try and let me know how it goes :)

I haven't played a lot of matches recently. Just had my attention focused on other things but I decided to watch a full match versus Real Sociedad at home. I've started the season unbeaten thus far, 4 games with 3 wins and a draw but I haven't been convincing. So I watched the first 15 minutes and noticed a lack of interest from my back 6 outfield players to get the ball forward and I would lose the ball in dangerous areas or if one of those players were under enough pressure, they would clear the ball into touch. I was keeping possession but none of it in attacking areas and I was getting over run. I decided to try and bring my AM deeper by changing him to a support role and used a couple of shouts to try and keep the ball better and try and get some play going, but that ultimately made things worse. I was lucky to get to half time with the score 0-0. I had 2 shots, none on target and they had 11 with 4 on target. Not good enough.

Second half and I tried to go with a more expansive and attacking setup, going with a control strategy and using more attacking shouts. I can't remember which ones I used but I know Get The Ball Forward and Hassle Opponents were used. I also changed my marking set up, having the AM man mark the more defensive CM, DMR taking the other CM and the DML Anchorman taking the right hand striker. This left me with a centre back free to sweep up. With those changes and with the benefit of a motivating team talk we took the lead early in the second half and cruised from there, scoring twice more and restricting them to just 2 long range, off target efforts.

So I turned a very poor first half and made some good changes tactically to get me a comfortable win. I did something very similar in my last game away to Real Madrid where I went down to 10 men with my striker getting sent off whilst 1-0 down. I then went attacking and forced a scrappy own goal. Knowing that they would be trying to force and equaliser I decided that my pressing game would force more mistakes than they had before. They did create good chances but I could have won it myself but a 1-1 score is one I'll happily take heading into my next game at home to Barcelona. 3rd in the league and unbeaten so far. Happy days :)

Tried my own W-M formation, had a lot of possession as NUFC but got beat 6-0 off Swansea. Just didn't seem to create chances. Was getting ripped to shreds at the back as the scoreline suggests.

Tried my own W-M formation, had a lot of possession as NUFC but got beat 6-0 off Swansea. Just didn't seem to create chances. Was getting ripped to shreds at the back as the scoreline suggests.

It will if you don't pay close attention or know what to change. It's not a formation I'd use until you become comfortable with the ME and know how it works.

I haven't played a lot of matches recently. Just had my attention focused on other things but I decided to watch a full match versus Real Sociedad at home. I've started the season unbeaten thus far, 4 games with 3 wins and a draw but I haven't been convincing. So I watched the first 15 minutes and noticed a lack of interest from my back 6 outfield players to get the ball forward and I would lose the ball in dangerous areas or if one of those players were under enough pressure, they would clear the ball into touch. I was keeping possession but none of it in attacking areas and I was getting over run. I decided to try and bring my AM deeper by changing him to a support role and used a couple of shouts to try and keep the ball better and try and get some play going, but that ultimately made things worse. I was lucky to get to half time with the score 0-0. I had 2 shots, none on target and they had 11 with 4 on target. Not good enough.

Second half and I tried to go with a more expansive and attacking setup, going with a control strategy and using more attacking shouts. I can't remember which ones I used but I know Get The Ball Forward and Hassle Opponents were used. I also changed my marking set up, having the AM man mark the more defensive CM, DMR taking the other CM and the DML Anchorman taking the right hand striker. This left me with a centre back free to sweep up. With those changes and with the benefit of a motivating team talk we took the lead early in the second half and cruised from there, scoring twice more and restricting them to just 2 long range, off target efforts.

So I turned a very poor first half and made some good changes tactically to get me a comfortable win. I did something very similar in my last game away to Real Madrid where I went down to 10 men with my striker getting sent off whilst 1-0 down. I then went attacking and forced a scrappy own goal. Knowing that they would be trying to force and equaliser I decided that my pressing game would force more mistakes than they had before. They did create good chances but I could have won it myself but a 1-1 score is one I'll happily take heading into my next game at home to Barcelona. 3rd in the league and unbeaten so far. Happy days :)

You getting hang of changing things in game now? You seem to know how to turn a result around from your last few posts :)

You getting hang of changing things in game now? You seem to know how to turn a result around from your last few posts :)
Yeah I'm slowly getting there. Still a little shy on goals but I have a good solid defense as of now. It's all work in progress still. My striker is suspended for 3 matches after his sending off so will almost have to resort to using the poacher up top since I don't have another striker that is suited to the role. Since all the players that playing in the attacking midfield band are better at assisting goals than scoring them, I may use the poacher to force defensive lines back and give the creative midfield room to work with. :)

Is there any way to return to default FM 12 patch?

This is getting frustrating i want to play in my free time to have fun not to be frustrated...

Never before in FM such a bad defensive attitude never !!!

Is there any way to return to default FM 12 patch?

This is getting frustrating i want to play in my free time to have fun not to be frustrated...

Never before in FM such a bad defensive attitude never !!!

What's this got to do with this thread?

But the answer is no. You cannot rollback patches.

Archived