The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 03/04

Ter

• SI Staff

Good news that Arteta is leaving. There's no doubt that he's a quality player, but he's just not produced the goods often enough for us and doesn't get stuck in as much as he should.

I'm sure he'll do well for Sociedad and hopefully we'll get a reasonable fee for him.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Todays NOTW says we are leading the chase for Kenny Miller, a huge mistake if true, he simply wasnt good enough first time around and has not improved since he left. he is very quick but has absolutely no first touch! Anyone see the article, how much are the quoting price wise?

• SI Staff

I'd like to see McLeish try a front too partnership of Lovenkrands and Prso.

I know I keep going on about it, but Lovenkrands is pish out wide, he's much more effective through the middle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

our U-19's ran you close dispite the fact it was missing a few vital players for thier final fixtures for the league run in as they were involved with the first team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funnily enough Marshall & McGeady missed out in the U19 run-in. No Excuses, remember that, just accept that you lost fair and square. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sutton9:

Didn't Kenny Miller get 5 goals against St Mirren and 4 in a Champions League game?

He's got to be better than that big sh|te bag Thompson. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jonny Knoxville is a phucking legend icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sutton9:

Didn't Kenny Miller get 5 goals against St Mirren and 4 in a Champions League game?

he scored 5 against St Mirren, but lets be fair, they might have had black a white strips on but could'nt have looked further from Juventus.

as for the CL he scored 1 goal agsint Monaco and thats it IIRC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gudgewell:

Jonny Knoxville is a phucking legend icon_mad.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A legend at sh|ting out of challenges, long may it continue icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

our U-19's ran you close dispite the fact it was missing a few vital players for thier final fixtures for the league run in as they were involved with the first team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funnily enough Marshall & McGeady missed out in the U19 run-in. No Excuses, remember that, just accept that you lost fair and square. icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i never said we did'nt lose it fair and square, and your missing the point entirely Jim.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gudgewell:

A legend at sh|ting out of challenges, long may it continue icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

when has he shat out of a challenge?

A legend at sh|ting out of challenges, long may it continue icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

when has he shat out of a challenge? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most notably the last Old Firm game, 90th minute or so, long ball goes up to him, Marshall comes for it and doesn't look safe and all big Stevie has to do is get a head to it and it's yer first win at CP for donkees years. But no, he *****s it, turns away and big Sutty is laughin.

i never said we did'nt lose it fair and square, and your missing the point entirely Jim. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was picking up on your summary, no point was missed, didn't Egil, Crapucho, Emerson etc. not play play for the U21's?

I can't believe that Murray Park has been going for 3 years and the youth set-up is still a shambles.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

I can't believe that Murray Park has been going for 3 years and the youth set-up is still a shambles. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can't expect everything to happen that quickly though, it's not too bad considering the amount of players who are breaking through into the first team already and hopefully it will continue and improve.

oh, you mean the header he won? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, really looked like he won the header as the ball bounced off his head as he tried to get out Marshall's road.

What was wrong with standing up, getting a clean header on it and taking the hit?

Yeah, really looked like he won the header as the ball bounced off his head as he tried to get out Marshall's road.

What was wrong with standing up, getting a clean header on it and taking the hit? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you honestly believe he shyed away from the challenge, he's never shyed away from a challenge in his puff

I was picking up on your summary, no point was missed, didn't Egil, Crapucho, Emerson etc. not play play for the U21's?

I can't believe that Murray Park has been going for 3 years and the youth set-up is still a shambles. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Egil did, the rest did not play more than a handful after gaining match fitness IIRC

George Adams was brought in to oversee our youth set up and has been scouting around for young players but all the best players over 15 in this country are under contract at other scottish clubs, so we will not see the true benifit of Murray Park and George Adams for a few years yet, not overly hard to Fathom?

I find it funny that Celtic fans are quick to belittle the quality of the Rangers youth set up and play up thier own, as they have quite rightly the best youth set up of those age groups in scotland atm, but don't seem to grasp that its the best of a bad bunch and i for one will be eager to see how they fair when hearts and our youth set ups get up and running properly.

What was wrong with standing up, getting a clean header on it and taking the hit? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

do you honestly believe he shyed away from the challenge, he's never shyed away from a challenge in his puff <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You honestly think he did all he could to get a decent head on it?

i for one will be eager to see how they fair when hearts and our youth set ups get up and running properly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bricks and mortar do not make a youth set-up. Without the appropriate raw materials nothing will be produced. In addition the set-up is only of use for youngsters living close by, 11yo, 12yo, 13yo etc. will hardly be moving to the area on the off chance of succeeding. We are all aware that there is a clear demarcation of allegiances in the surrounding areas so this facility whilst obviously a benefit might not be the big difference Gers fans hope.

It is interesting to note that celtic spend more than Rangers on the Scouting networks at present. The link below might be worth a wee read.

Sunday Herald

Bricks and mortar do not make a youth set-up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, yet you state that you can't believe Murray Park is still a shambles after 3 years? Adams has only been in place for around one year and is still in the process of structuing our youth set up.

If its in the Herald its probably wrong icon_smile.gif

At this rate I'll be dead before the benefits of Murray Park come through icon_frown.gif and lets not even start on who OWNS the youth players. icon_confused.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you have stated and yet seem to be unable to grasp, bricks and mortar do not make a great youth set up icon_wink.gif its all down to Adams in the end.

atm RFC own the youth players, only player owned by RYD is bajram fetai.

If its in the Herald its probably wrong icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops sorry forgot, Gers fans don't like The Herald because it's the only paper that doesn't follow the party line. icon_wink.gif

No paper follows the 'party' line, the Murray line however is a different story icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smoke and Mirrors icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kev1916:

Our reserves won the league

our u19s won the league and it was our 17s playing for them but our u19s play for the u21s,Common knowledge wee man <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had the same bunch of 14-15 players that made up BOTH our u-19 and U-21's, add a few of the U-16 players to the U-19 squad and thats why we let the U-19 league slip.

Don't forget that for half the year Celtics U-21 team were made up of guys like Sylla, Laursen, Valgaren, Petta and other players with SPL credentials while rangers were feildign 16-17 year olds.

When our U-21's were beaten 5-1 by Partick the partick team included 6 first team regulars and 3-4 players that appear on the bench regularly, Rangers feilded 1 15 year old and 3 16 year olds.

To summerise, yes the Celtic youth system this year was far stronger, but rangers are in the middle of overhauling the youth system and many players have been let go and we are very short on any age group over 15's. our U-19's ran you close dispite the fact it was missing a few vital players for thier final fixtures for the league run in as they were involved with the first team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont you talk Utter pish,

What about Livingston,McGregor and De boer,Vanoli Or Capucho were playing and you got beat 5-1

O'Dea 16 years of age after january played in u19 and u21 matches

O'Caroll 16 years of age yes he done them both too

Michael McGlinchey 17 yrs of age playing regular in the u21

Charlie Grant at the tail end of last season playing for them both

Same as Conroy who is 16 he played for the u19s and u21s

So dont give me we have 16 yr olds and you have grown men when the fact is we havent,Sylla did make a good few apperances ill grant you that,Laursen didnt,Valgaren played in at the most 5 if hes Lucky,Bobby Petta played in the first few but Ross Wallace was a regular in there

We didnt have Marshall,Gardyne(played alot for the u21s)

McGeady & Wallace playing for our u19s to January in some cases all season

So we are able to find 4 or 5 People at 16 and 17 and we still win

You just have to face the facts that Celtic Youth System is far better

that better your u13s refuse to play yours because ours are too good.

Theres your arguement shown up Viddy boy!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kev1916:

You just have to face the facts that Celtic Youth System is far better

Theres your arguement shown up Viddy boy!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you'll read my correspondance with jimbhoy i make that exact point, So what argument exactly is shown up?

Some spellin mistakes in there

Your u13s refuse to play ours

and we field 4 or 5 u17s! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you trying to give Vidmar an excuse to disagreewith you? icon_confused.gif

Well a mtes wee brother play for Celtic u-13's adn they played Rangers last thursday IIRC

And you field only 4 or 5 u17s? to what? What are you refering too?

do you honestly believe he shyed away from the challenge, he's never shyed away from a challenge in his puff <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He shat it, took one look at the keeper rushing out and hit the deck.

I would have been raging if Larsson, Sutton or Hartson hadnt battered everything in site to get the ball.....but if they had that chance they would have.

Well a mtes wee brother play for Celtic u-13's adn they played Rangers last thursday IIRC

And you field only 4 or 5 u17s? to what? What are you refering too? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I apolgise 'Bro' its under 14s

your arguement that because there is 16 yr olds involved that is why you get beat 5-1

The Futures Bright

The future is oran.. HAHAHA

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you just make stuff up as you go along? change our answer because i found you out on the last one?

good try timposter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deerokus:

hahah jeez what a numbskull <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh thats an insult,Wee man you dont have a clue aboot the popes 11 just stick to trying to get into vidmars pants

Honestly with a name like deerkokus u call me a numbskull your away with the faries wee man.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you just make stuff up as you go along? change our answer because i found you out on the last one?

good try timposter. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isnt lies its fact,I looked up a man who has great knowledge about the Celtic youth set up and it was u14s not u13s

Dignity Bro Dignity

your the liar here vidmar

Oh Celtic shouldnt win any games because we play a 19 yr old

WATP

It isnt lies its fact,I looked up a man who has great knowledge about the Celtic youth set up and it was u14s not u13s

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah and he done a great job first time round icon14.gif

Well if you looked up a man who has a graet knowlage of ra tic then theres no point in debating with you, as i've already proven you wrong once, if you can't get your facts right then don't sound off wee guy icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deerokus:

hahah jeez what a numbskull <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh thats an insult,Wee man you dont have a clue aboot the popes 11 just stick to trying to get into vidmars pants

Honestly with a name like deerkokus u call me a numbskull your away with the faries wee man. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

haahahahaa

Archived