The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 03/04

Ter

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If Stefan Klos was to come out with the exact same ultimatum, who would deny that he is well within his rights? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldnt deny Klos it, he's been our star performer this year and would be well within his rights to say that...however Moore has had a terrible season, even when he's been fit (not a lot) we've still been sieving goals left, right and centre. Of course it's not just been him, but like Verbal said, the captain has to rally players in hard times, Moore just hasnt done that at all this season and shouldnt be the captain next year IMO icon13.gif Although I'm stuck to the idea of who should be though, a GK cant do it even though Klos has been a number of times this year, hopefully we'll buy somebody with that influence icon_smile.gif I would put my bets on Boumsong possibly being made it actually maybe.

going back to Moore, we only looked a strong team when we had Berg/Zurab at DC and their partnership ended around the time of the first Celtic game, where it all started to go wrong icon_frown.gif

ricksen has been absolutely terrible this season as well. He would have made a terrible captain. With ferguson gone, who else is Captain material except moore? Nobody.

Maybe Ball, but he is injured too much.

Ferguson was a natural leader, we've lacked that since he left. Moore is the only thing to come close. IMO, Frank de Boer is a natural leader and should be given an extension to his deal immediately - he organises and leads from the back. The team has more of an organised look when he plays. He also

has an influence on those around him. No doubt Gary McKenzie will have gained a fantastic amount of tips and pointers from him, even though he only played with him for 30 minutes or so.

Ricksen's exactly the type of person that I would not want to be captain. I find it astonishing that he is labelled a hardman by some. My definintion of a hardman is someone who wins every 50-50, and even makes 70-30's his own - not someone who makes fly elbows to young players like Derek Riordan off the ball. If Fernando's not gonna sign a new deal, get shot of him in the summer. We've got 2 decent Scottish right backs in Hutton and Ross. Many will say Ross is ****e but the fans haven't exactly helped him. He just needs to regain his confidence and he will refind his form. He came into the the team and made the sort of impact Hutton is making at the moment, until a few dodgy displays lost him the fans and his confidence - I do worry the same could happen to Hutton.

Just when I think you guys are all far too sensible and dare I say it, fair and balanced, with regards to Rangers and your current circumstances, along comes a guy called Alistair McEwan from Dumbarton on the SKY phone in tonight to restore my faith.

He says, and I quote, "Rangers should sign Alan Smith, we can afford his wages".

He conveniently ignored the question of where the transfer fee was coming from and then compounded matters by claiming Frank lampard was "magnificent" tonight. Thanks Alistair, we need more like you. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

He meant Andy smith - its a done deal..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

an that'll be the only 'cup' you'll get next year icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Eck's target has been revealed well atleast the sun seem to think so.

They have it down as Rangers are lining up a £2.5m swoop for Lazio and Italy hitman Bernardo Corradi.

They also claim that Lazio have offered Rangers 32 year old former Italian international defender Guiseppe Favalli on a free transfer.

Favalli i can believe as he is in the right age group icon_wink.gif

As for Corradi er no chance.

Here is that Corradi story -

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

RANGERS are lining up a sensational £2.5 million summer swoop for towering Lazio and Italy hitman Bernardo Corradi.

Ibrox boss Alex McLeish has run the rule over the 28 year-old striker three times as he plots an audacious bid to bolster Gers’ firepower for next season.

With debt-crippled Lazio facing a summer fire sale the 6ft 4ins former Chievo and Inter Milan star is up for grabs along with many of his other high-profile team-mates at Rome’s Stadio Olimpico.

That alerted McLeish who has watched the Serie A giants on three occasions as he has clocked up thousands of air miles spying on players in recent weeks.

Corradi scored on his Italy debut in a 2-0 Euro 2004 qualifying win over Finland 14 months ago and is exactly the type of striker the Gers fans crave.

He has since bagged two goals in his first five caps and luring him to Scotland would be a major coup.

Corradi made his name at Chievo with 20 Serie A goals in two seasons in Verona and then joined Inter Milan for £2.5m but he struggled there before recapturing his best form at Lazio.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sending Celtic Fans To The Gers' Website

• SI Staff

Which Italian club is he going to go to then that are bigger than Lazio?

Juventus are signing Gilardino from Parma I believe to replace Trezeguet who is off. They also have Del Piero and Miccoli.

Milan have Inzaghi, Shevchenko and Kaka, with Tomasson as backup. Rumoured to be signing someone but I can't remember who.

Inter have Vieri and co up front.

Roma have Cassano, Totti etc.

Can't see him going to any of those clubs to be honest.

and when has having loads of strikers ever mattered to an Italian club.....

can't see him coming purely because he is an italian squad regular....

that will come to an end if he comes to Rangers, which is sad imo.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Nice:

and when has having loads of strikers ever mattered to an Italian club.....

can't see him coming purely because he is an italian squad regular....

that will come to an end if he comes to Rangers, which is sad imo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't see Boumsong coming and it's happened, so you never know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gudge:

the only striker we'll get is Novo, and thats if we're lucky<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would only be lucky if it means for sure we DON'T get Stevie Crawford icon_biggrin.gif

The latest thing I heard about it was that it's a heartbreaking decision for him, but he could earn a lot more money in Germany than at Standard. Don't think Rangers did a bid for him, I only heard they were interested but that's it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

McLeish already hasone eye on next season as he attempts to re-shape his squad.He said: 'I'm trying to stamp my authority on my team and it is the end of a particular era now with the likes of Ronald de Boer and Christian Nerlinger leaving.

'There are going to be many changes but one thing always stays the same and that is the club has its standards.

'As everyone knows,we have been looking at a number of players but we are not in a position to announce anything yet.

'We have been linked with the world and his brother and I noticed Emile Mpenza was also talking himself up.However,we are going about our business and as soon as we have announcements we will make them.'

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is trying to imply they weren't interested in him anyway

That's a clever point considering you must not see much Scottish football. That is why I think Lovenkrands has been so ineffective for Rangers this season because they have teams so far into their own half there is no space plus Lovenkrands has the touch of a donkey. Same goes for Agathe to a lesser extent.

Lovenkrands is one of those cases of people mistaking being able to run very fast for actually being any good at football....or Mark Burchill Syndrome to give it its scientific name.

• SI Staff

I think Lovenkrands is a decent player, but he's suffered from injury, lack of confidence, poor service and being played horribly out of position this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haz5168:

Lovenkrands is one of those cases of people mistaking being able to run very fast for actually being any good at football....or Mark Burchill Syndrome to give it its scientific name.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

burchill's big problem when he was at celtic was being a complete weakling physically. i dunno is he's bulked up since. he was technically about average for the spl.

Cheers Buffalo, i agree he's not the perfect type of player for rangers, but he is in a similar mould to Rod Wallace, who was'nt the biggest or strongest or most technical player, but scored goals due to good movement a good pace, was'nt the greatest finisher either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Hate to be a bringer of bad news but Rangers U19s lost 3 - 0 to Hearts tonight and leaves Celtic only needing to draw at home to Aberdeen tomorrow to complete the treble of league and senior age group titles. icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahaha I know a kid on the Rangers U19s. He's going to be gutted icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Hate to be a bringer of bad news but Rangers U19s lost 3 - 0 to Hearts tonight and leaves Celtic only needing to draw at home to Aberdeen tomorrow to complete the treble of league and senior age group titles. icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You love it really icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

Cheers Buffalo, i agree he's not the perfect type of player for rangers, but he is in a similar mould to Rod Wallace, who was'nt the biggest or strongest or most technical player, but scored goals due to good movement a good pace, was'nt the greatest finisher either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You should've bought Wesley Sonck

Atm he hasn't got a first team spot at Ajax so maybe you'll be able to persuade him to make the move ; he's a great finisher, and is good in the air despite him being not that tall ...

Although I suppose Ajax won't (easily) let him go, as he's only there for a season

does'nt mean anything at the end of the day<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means da kidz wot play for celtic iz betta dan dem kidz wot play for rangers.

Who cares, we still hold the big one...The Auld Old Firm Challenge Cup icon_razz.gif

In a quiet spell in the office this morning, with a pot of tea and some jaffa cakes, and in a moment of weakness, I somehow stumbled upon the "Follow Follow" messageboard. icon_smile.gif

I was shocked and stunned, and not a little amazed! icon_rolleyes.gif

Never, ever again, will I accept the appendation of "paranoid" when being discussed as a Celtic supporter.

I will not disagree that this portraiture of my fellow Timmites and I, is not entirely undeserved, however, having read the critiques of "Hollywood and the Irish", "The Herald, Sellik minded", and especially the "how did they cheat us in 93" thread, I am no longer convinced that everyone is out to get me. Quality. icon_biggrin.gif

I do realise these "gentlemen" are in the minority and this is proven by the generally balanced, sensible and often humourous debate, had on here, and I also fully understand that we have our "Faceparty" section too, but it certainly gives Celtic fans plenty of ammunition whenever the "paranoia" flag is raised in our direction to have such ianane ramblings on a popular website of our greatest rivals.

(In order to clarify and quantify the "faceparty" comment, please feel free to note the largest thread, comfortably, on the messageboard. icon14.gif)

ALEX McLEISH has revealed he hopes to clinch a deal to land Croatian strike star Dado Prso this weekend - just a couple of weeks before the hitman lines up for Monaco in the Champions League Final.

McLeish has made Prso his top target for the striking area as he bids to rebuild Rangers for next season and the news comes as a massive boost ahead of tomorrow's Old Firm showdown at Parkhead.

Late developer Prso is enjoying a sensational season. He is on course for a fantastic double of French League championship and Champions League while it was his goals against Slovenia in a play-off which took Croatia to Euro 2004.

Of course, he wrote his name into the Champions League history books last November when he scored four goals in Monaco's astonishing 8-3 win over Deportivo La Coruna.Alex McLeish

McLeish told rangers.co.uk: "He is coming to talk to us and it is not a done deal but we hope to conclude business with him as he is a player we admire.

"He has had a fantastic season and in just a few weeks he will play in the Champions League Final. He has scored a lot of goals and he has performed really well.

Oh and Frank i'm not really into religon but soem of the garbage i've had the misfortune to read in the herald is insulting purely because i did'nt think people had these warped perspectives, and thats before i get to Greame Spears sports diary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haz5168:

I'll be shot down no doubt but he looks a bit of a donkey to me.

(Albeit a donkey in the middle of a lucky streak)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is slow, has the first touch of an Albertz free kick, injury prone and looking for one last pay day. Fits the bill perfectly.

• SI Staff

I'll be shot down no doubt but he looks a bit of a donkey to me.

(Albeit a donkey in the middle of a lucky streak)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is slow, has the first touch of an Albertz free kick, injury prone and looking for one last pay day. Fits the bill perfectly.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sad but true

I sometimes wonder about McLeish and some of the players he says we are linked with :/

Archived