Funny Screenshots Thread

23 minutes ago, gr1nie said:

I have never before seen an AI team use an odd formation like this.

PSg2RMX.png

I'm not sure what's weirder, the formation, or that the game thinks it's a 4-5-1...

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, gr1nie said:

I have never before seen an AI team use an odd formation like this.

PSg2RMX.png

28 minutes ago, Neotropolis said:

I'm not sure what's weirder, the formation, or that the game thinks it's a 4-5-1...

You're looking at it upside down: it's a 442 with the goalkeeper playing as a super-advanced striker, to confuse the opposition's defence. It's Guardiola's new genius tactic for next season (but don't tell anyone!...) ;):D

On 04/06/2018 at 02:41, Colonel Getafe said:

You're looking at it upside down: it's a 442 with the goalkeeper playing as a super-advanced striker, to confuse the opposition's defence. It's Guardiola's new genius tactic for next season (but don't tell anyone!...) ;):D

Suppose he tucks in to overload he middle as well?

On 09/04/2018 at 20:01, CFuller said:

I'm running a long holiday save on CM00/01, just to see what the in-game universe would look like in the present day. I'm currently in 2016, and... erm, I think I've broken the game. :(

5acbb7c2b1c88_Whataregoals.thumb.png.a89d0d6e42d0060864b0ae773768dad4.png

As if Tottenham winning the league wasn't unrealistic enough, just look at the goals for and against columns! Needless to say, the race for the Golden Boot wasn't exactly the most exciting.

5acbb83974356_Worst.GoldenBootRace_Ever.thumb.png.643d00647b5575344ed53b7cf5323351.png

Hmm...

At least Deadpool chipped in with a few goals.

On 03/06/2018 at 20:09, enigmatic said:

retro edition

From memory in that version of the game Pace, Stamina and Strength were linked to age.

16yos had a maximum of 4, 17yos had a maximum of 8, 18yos 12 etc. Then the same thing happened to older players on the way down. 

If anything, this is actually a pretty good sign that Owen would go on to be quite fast (who knew?!)

The injury proneness on the other hand...

4 hours ago, Ron Wandle said:

Worst. Signing. Ever.

Screenshot (540).png

Why are you still even playing him? Is he just a striker or can he play as an AM or Winger and that's why he's not scoring?

1 hour ago, Neotropolis said:

Why are you still even playing him? Is he just a striker or can he play as an AM or Winger and that's why he's not scoring?

He's a creative False Nine in a 4-4-2 formation. Technically, he's my second best striker in star rating. He only started 14 games in the end, as he dropped down the striker hierarchy. He only got three assists to go with his no goals. I got him on a free, but for Key Player wages. Now, I'm going to try and sell him.

23 hours ago, Ron Wandle said:

He's a creative False Nine in a 4-4-2 formation. Technically, he's my second best striker in star rating. He only started 14 games in the end, as he dropped down the striker hierarchy. He only got three assists to go with his no goals. I got him on a free, but for Key Player wages. Now, I'm going to try and sell him.

I don't blame you tbh

1 hour ago, a.panda said:

I cannot take my eyes away from "to switch to switch to". I guess double switching is a really difficult decision to make!

Keeping his options option-  switch back and forth

378120_screenshots_2015-12-17_00002.thumb.jpg.7caae0943b1a2f44c13693b0dcac8d4f.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have the screenshot from the seventh time this happend with the same player, or the one when he got upset with the fine.

Or the one when the captain of the team got upset as I let him leave later that season. Good times in Africa.

5aed2306169eb_ScreenShot2018-05-05at04_20_17.png.c85682d3211e77efa755d99c81bd2dd4.png

There were 6 minutes of added time at the end of this game...when Fekir's free kick hit the back of the net to level it the clock read 97:37

5ae8df0217be6_TheUltimateBottleJob.thumb.png.949f5d5ed8f3de1abd591123f1874cff.png

My Lyon save was nuts...quit it due to feeling victimised by the French FA (and some African ones) but dug these up from the France thread.

18 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Do you think he'd do the player thing and refuse to celebrate a Spurs goal against Arsenal?

Who knows. Have to wait and see.

12 hours ago, Ron Wandle said:

It's easier to destroy something from the inside.

That's true. He's just signed Leroy Sane from Man City so it's hardly destroying them...

Not really funny, but a bit... weird, perhaps? 

Managing in Russia. signed a few first day newgen free agents at the start. The ones from outside Russia can't join until they are 18 so they are trial, so they can train and play youth matches. Didn't pay a lot of attention until I realized they were playing an attacking right winger, who I was retraining to be a standard right winger, at striker. And he was doing.... okay...

6795508338E6950AB43653806A0C5CA78E05808C

Its only under 19, but he ended up with something like 39 goals. New season, he has 9 gaols in 4 matches at the same level. Its fun and I'm now retraining him as a striker. 

In the past when I've had strikers who overperformed their skills, there was usually still something you could point to - outstanding physicals, workrate, off the ball, etc. Not so much with Mr. David. 

Also, the game changed his skin color since this screenie so that's a bit amusing. 

On 17/07/2008 at 00:08, 13xForever said:

JKAE obv Chavdar Yankov been staying with Vinnie Jones with tackles like that!

i had a scout reccommend this Top Notch player at start of season!

savage.jpg

must of been down the pub before scounting him "doesent have any real weakness" the scout seen his hair?

Your 4-4-2 would end up being a 4-2-2 no central midfielders after those two get sent off.

I don't have the screenshot but AFC Wimbledon used to have a player with the surname "Blackman" and a manager with the surname "Gaye" wanted him. The headline was.... Gaye chases Blackman.

craPou2.jpg

Probably the biggest FA Cup shock I've ever seen on FM.

To be fair, Grimsby are top of the Conference Premier... but Arsenal are top of the Premier League, and they fielded a strong team.