Best way to raise a youth goalkeeper?

I already have a 4* keeper who is 22, but have recently got a 16-year old back-up keeper who has 4.5* potential (The best players in the world are all 4.5*, Messi etc), and I need to know the best way to raise him and help him grow so he lives up to his 4.5* potential, but without playing him in my own first team week-in, week-out. My youth players always seem to lose half a star a season if they don't play regularly, but he's only 16 so can't be in my first team. How is best to train him? Always loan him out/reserve team?

Well, Get him tutored if you have a goalie over 24 years old and higher determination than your 16 year old goalie.

Make him available to reserve squad and have him as your sub.. if your winning 2 - 0 or something put him on. Play him alot of times as SUB.... even if your at home playing one of the rubbish team play him full game. That's what I did and my Goalie became a Wonderkid... at 18. ( That's on my old save before I started again ). I was Liverpool, What team are you?

He has a determination of 20! Sounds like a good method though. I'm managing West Ham. Promoted with 105 points first season, won the Premier League in fifth season. Two 40-a season strikers in Tevez and a regen called Pete Taylor, he's 22, and has 40 goals in 50 full international caps, worth £16m.

He has a determination of 20! Sounds like a good method though. I'm managing West Ham. Promoted with 105 points first season, won the Premier League in fifth season. Two 40-a season strikers in Tevez and a regen called Pete Taylor, he's 22, and has 40 goals in 50 full international caps, worth £16m.

Err will be difficult to tutor... lol What about your goalies over 24 years? What determinaton are they? Could you post a pick of your goalie... Would love to see them abbs

Archived