FM12: Kevin De Bruyne - Belgian Boy Wonder

Llew_Arshavin23

Kevin De Bruyne - Racing Genk and Belgium

kevindebruyne.png

Hello and Welcome to my second Player thread of FM12; Kevin De Bruyne. If you want to view my first thread, here's my Marvin Martin thread [Yes, a bit of advertisement was needed!]

Name: Kevin De Bruyne

Date of Birth: 28.6.1991 [20 Years Old]

Natural Position: AMC

Club: Racing Genk

Nationality: Belgium

Kevin De Bruyne; a background;

Kevin De Bruyne, or 'Tin Tin' as he has been called due to his resemblance to the Belgian Comic book character, was born in Ghent on the 28th of June, 1991. He was born to a mother from Ealing while his farther was Belgian. He has been branded as the future of Belgian football, along with Eden Hazard and Romelu Lukaku, due to the impressive performances he has given in the Belgian Jupiler Pro League for Genk.

His introduction to Football and Genk;

Kevin De Bruyne began his footballing career in the youth ranks of Gent, another team in the Belgian First Division. Two years later, and after some good eye-catching performances in the Gent academy, he joined Racing Genk, a team which has captured hearts of the british public due to the 'campaign' that Soccer AM ran earlier in the season, and has now gone from strength-to-strength. Having made his début in Genk's 3-0 loss to Charleroi in the latter stages of the 2008-2009 season. The following season he became a regular in Genk's first-team, a key figure to their attacking division and a player that became an instant fans' favourite. Aswell as making himself a established first-team player, he scored his first competitive goal for the mighty Genk against Standard Liege, a team which was dominant at the time, and earned Genk the three points with the only goal of the game. The 2010-2011 season was, to many, his best. He scored 5 goals and made 16 in 32 appearances and was key to Genk's title-winning side. The future's bright for this Belgian Boy Wonder!

"Football is a team game. I shouldn't have to remind him."

- Franky Vercauteren, ex-Genk manager, on De Bruyne's 'disappointing' ego

Europe's Finest come knocking and his Belgian Adventure;

Well, there's no doubt that Belgium in the past two or so years has become a 'Talent Hot Spot' and, seemingly, are able to churn out players like De Bruyne on a regular basis. De Bruyne has joined the Belgian uprising of talented players, he's joined the likes of Eden Hazard, Dries Mertens, Jan Vertonghen, Romelu Lukaku, Radja Nainngolan and Thibaut Courtois to be branded as an exciting prospect aswell as the rise of prominence of centre-backs Thomas Vermaelen and Vincent Kompany, which has only enhanced the reputation of Belgium's football talent pool of which Belgium national team manager Georges Leekens can delve his hand into. We've also seen the effect of De Bruyne's impressive performances with Racing Genk, as giants of European football, primarily Chelsea, Juventus, Bayern München and Arsenal, have all expressed a desire to add De Bruyne to their roster. A move to Chelsea very nearly happened in the Summer of 2011. He's beginning to fulfil his undoubted potential.

Kevin De Bruyne on Football Manager 2012;

14kevindebruynekrcgenk.png

Kevin De Bruyne is a very capable, versatile attacking player. His natural position is as a AMC but, he can play anywhere across the forward line aswell as drop deeper into more neutral roles. He's a tremendously versatile player and, with his ability to pick a pass, he could become a massive playmaking threat from anywhere in the final quarter. His 'Dribbling' attribute doesn't set the world alight, admittedly, but he tends to sit deeper, in the hole, causing havoc by playing creative reverse ball into more advanced player, picking a wider pass or, at times, having a pop himself. His un-selfish passing range is something to be admired in a player of such youth. Aswell as his technical ability, he's also a very competitive, hard-working player. Of course, his aggression can spell out bad moments in his career but, who cares when the ratio of good to bad is much more biassed towards the good half. One flaw in his game though is his physical traits. He's not the biggest of statures and, in physical, rough games he can find it hard to feature as much but, he can conquer that with his quick feet and good close control. If you do sign him, which I hope you will do, he would easily become a great playmaker that would be such an inspiration to his fellow team-mates and will prove to be a valuable asset to your club.

14kevindebruynescoutrep.png

Where would I play him? Well, to many this is all a matter of opinion and you must consider what you have available already but, I would go out of my way to play him either as a AMC, someone to exploit the gaping hole that is usually left by teams in behind the striker these days, or as a AML; the prospect of seeing De Bruyne cutting onto his stringer right-hand side and blasting the ball into the top corner or picking a perfect pass is too good to resist.

If anyone of you are wondering on his potential for future years, which I'm sure you all are, here's some quick information on Kevin's CA/PA;

CA: 130 ~ PA: -8 [i was surprised to see that his PA was only -8, in my opinion, he should be a -9. Disappointed. But, don't let that -8 fool you; look at his attributes first, not CA/PA!

Availability - This is a big part of any FM forum PLayer thread so, I have taken the time to do a little research. On my Málaga save, I have had bids of £3 million accepted. As for his wages, I'm sure he wouldn't demand too much and considering that he's only on £5,000 a week at the moment, I doubt he'll be out of too many clubs' wage budget either. N.B - Liverpool have an affiliate club link established with Genk which gives Dalglish's men 'first option' on any of Genk's player therefore, Liverpool may come in for him and prise him from your clutches.

Why Kevin De Bruyne? He's special; he's from Belgium; he's a wonderful talent. If you are, like me, planning to jump onto the Belgian bandwagon, sign Kevin De Bruyne first. A top-class player who will only grow into your side and become one of your greatest ever FM signings!

I hope I have convinced you to hop onto the Belgian bandwagon and that Kevin De Bruyne is the place to begin! Good Luck!

Excellent thread, was thinking of making a player thread on this guy; but don't think I'd have done a better job!

Was one of my first signings for Newcastle United when I got the game. Brought him for £1.3million and £22k a week wages. Didn't play too much in my first season, and was a bit part player; therefore couldn't impress with any consistent performances. Loaned him out for a season to newly promoted Birmingham for the second season, due to stiff competition for places I don't think it would do him just not being able to promise a place in the team week in week out. Early days in the season so far, but he seems to be impressing in a struggling Birmingham team.

Will follow this thread closely, good job!

EDIT; Shortly after reading this thread and viewing a couple of videos on youtube I've promptly recalled him from Birmingham to take back control of this guys development. Inspirational!

Tommonufc - Cheers mate; I was actually waiting for a thread of to be posted, in all honesty. I've seen numerous people purchase him on FM12.

£1.3 million is a very, very good deal, especially for a player of De Bruyne's quality. Post your experiences with him in here, if you want. Give us some updates - I'm sure it will only help interested parties :thup: Good Luck for you once he gets recalled, you must have some good players ahead of him to keep De Bruyne out of the team :D

Somehow Llew, you have turned into the king of detail on threads this year :p.

Should I take that as a comment, Yes? :D Cheers.

Tommonufc - Cheers mate; I was actually waiting for a thread of to be posted, in all honesty. I've seen numerous people purchase him on FM12.

£1.3 million is a very, very good deal, especially for a player of De Bruyne's quality. Post your experiences with him in here, if you want. Give us some updates - I'm sure it will only help interested parties :thup: Good Luck for you once he gets recalled, you must have some good players ahead of him to keep De Bruyne out of the team :D

In my first season my options were out of Gutierrez, Shaqiri, Ben Arfa, Obertan, Marveaux and Eriksen in the attacking midfield areas; so he didn't really get a chance to bed into a team due to no prolonged run in the team. Since then, now into the second season; I've got rid of Obertan and Marveaux, with the arrival of Marvin Martin (noticed your other work too :D ) there is less competition for places, and with me in the CL more games available.

In something of a injury crisis, with only Gutierrez and Shaqiri regonised wide men; so De Bryune will come straight back into the team now he's back from loan.

In my first season my options were out of Gutierrez, Shaqiri, Ben Arfa, Obertan, Marveaux and Eriksen in the attacking midfield areas; so he didn't really get a chance to bed into a team due to no prolonged run in the team. Since then, now into the second season; I've got rid of Obertan and Marveaux, with the arrival of Marvin Martin (noticed your other work too :D ) there is less competition for places, and with me in the CL more games available.

In something of a injury crisis, with only Gutierrez and Shaqiri regonised wide men; so De Bryune will come straight back into the team now he's back from loan.

Ah, Yes - You did have a fair few options available. Shaqiri and Eriksen are both tremendous talents too - almost in the same bracket as De Bruyne :D

Glad to see you bought Marvin Martin, and that you noticed my other project, which to be fair I did advertise in this thread. Well, I hope De Bruyne will serve you well. I'm sure he will do. Good Luck mate :)

I see how you have gone for the MrSundlofer style, with the use of images. He deserves some sort of credit for that!

Yes, admittedly :thup: I did PM him sometime ago and asked whether I could use his images and he said Yes. His images are clean, crisp and, most importantely, good to look at.

I believe that MrSundlofer's thread next year is going to be even bigger and better.

First of all, great thread :thup:

I bought de Bruyne for my Liverpool team, the link with Genk helped me get him for only £1.2m but he got injured on the first day of training. He has just returned back to full training and I'm gonna use him up front for the reserves as a false nine to see how that goes. Will report back on the progress.

Only problem I am finding with this dude is that he seems to be quite injury prone. I have a Genk game going and he wont stay fit for long. Decided to pump up his Strength training to help his stats and hopefully get him a bit stronger. But after the initial injury at the start of the game he walked into the side and scored a hat rick so he's worth the attention :)

An attacking midfielder whos Positioning is bigger than his Off The Ball movement. :D Not exactly a wonder, but could be quite a useful player. Class thread though.

That his another one of his 'flaws', he isn't the most knowledgable when it comes to making clever runs but, you shouldn't really get him to move about much. Situate him inbetween the opposition's midfield and defence and, I'm sure, he will be a revelation.

He doesnt appear on my game and I have loaded up the belgian league with a large database :S

Just go to Genk's roster and he should be there; he begins the game injured.

Great thread, but unfortunately with a stamina rating of only 7 and a strength rating of only 5, he is too lightweight and can only be used as an impact sub in my opinion. If you play him from the start, I imagine he would tire by the 60 minute mark?

how about posting a ****ING NORMAL PICTURE with A ****ING OCTAGON YOU ****ING NOOBS

firstly... that is a normal picture....

secondly... i for one and i know many like me .. dont use the octagons as a reference as we're capable of processing more than a simple shape and can judge a player more comprehensively on his stats..

thirdly... enjoy your soon to be ban... or here's hoping eh? ... learn some common sense and decency and stop swearing...

secondly... i for one and i know many like me .. dont use the octagons as a reference as we're capable of processing more than a simple shape and can judge a player more comprehensively on his stats..

thirdly... enjoy your soon to be ban... or here's hoping eh? ... learn some common sense and decency and stop swearing...

This. People need to calm down and appreciate the effort that the posters put into these sort of threads, a solid 30 or so minutes are spent writing and finding information, making a standard 'Day 1' save to get the screenshot and finding other images to use!

how about posting a ****ING NORMAL PICTURE with A ****ING OCTAGON YOU ****ING NOOBS

The following posters have seemingly summed up my reaction to this pointless and rather stupid outburst...

This. People need to calm down and appreciate the effort that the posters put into these sort of threads, a solid 30 or so minutes are spent writing and finding information, making a standard 'Day 1' save to get the screenshot and finding other images to use!

Although, I would like to add something - Just have a look at the threads on here; the amount of time and put into them is absurdly good, by far the best I've ever seen. Yet, despite these great threads and posts, you have the guts to come in here ranting an raving about how I decide to post up my screenshots. To boot, you start typing things like "****ING OCTAGON YOU ****ING NOOBS" - By the way mate, here's an Octagon;

octagon.png

I'm sure that Octagon has completely changed your mind about my screenshots...

Why does he have such ridiculous physical stats? Does the Belgian researcher even watches Belgian league games?

De Bruyne has plenty of stamina and he's strong as well. His agility rating is the worst though.. that just couldn't be more wrong :thdn:

Why was not Kevin De Bruyne has a PA of -9?

It is a tremendous injustice! Let the kid get his hands of the English research and we will have a talent of continental dimensions. I hope it is fixed already in the next update of the database.

[video=youtube;IQrFqSrguZY]

Yes, De Bruyne seems to have a fair bit more creativity about him; rather tham Lampard's hard working approach to the game. De Bruyne likes to drift inbetween opposition defensive lines where as Lampard prefers to burt onto through ball or crosses from deep. You can't really compare the two, in my opinion.

Obviously when I made the comparison, I did not take into consideration the characteristics of the two players. It was only a comparison based on speculation that Kevin that there might be Chelsea player. Frank is a classic central midfielder, Kevin has more mobility and creativity but without the rigor tactical Lampard. Lampard is a cerebral player with a remarkable quality of passes, Kevin is a pure talent with more skills and unlike Frank plays more in space between lines.

Obviously when I made the comparison, I did not take into consideration the characteristics of the two players. It was only a comparison based on speculation that Kevin that there might be Chelsea player. Frank is a classic central midfielder, Kevin has more mobility and creativity but without the rigor tactical Lampard. Lampard is a cerebral player with a remarkable quality of passes, Kevin is a pure talent with more skills and unlike Frank plays more in space between lines.

You've pretty much hit that 'comparison' on the head there mate :D

Yes, admittedly :thup: I did PM him sometime ago and asked whether I could use his images and he said Yes.

Well, to be fair I answered: It's okay if you do it in a "light" way... I'm not really comfortable with people copy my style and lay-out - I spend a lot of hours on it. But as I said, it's okay if you do it in a "light" way and not copy it all.

;)

There's many ways to create a club / player thread and there's many styles to use. You seems to be good at Photoshop, try to experiment and see what you come up with :)

Good work on the thread by the way! :thup:

Not seeing too many people's experiences with this guy; so thought I'd share my two pence worth..

18004457.pngKevin De Bruyne

Signed for £1.3million in my first season at Newcastle, he showed glimpses of his quality during his first two years at the club; but was used very much as a substitute. When given the chance starting in the team a failure to impress from the start saw him lose contention within a competitive starting eleven. 2013/14 saw the arrival of Mario Gotze at the start of the season, so I decided to loan the Belgian out to a team where he would be guaranteed first team football. Despite succumbing to injury half way through his loan spell at Galatasary he showed a marked improvement in his performances when given a chance of first team football.

Equally I've seen marked improvement within his Physical and Mental stats; obviously he's spent a good amount of time in a in the gym and drinking his protein shakes when in Turkey, as his strength has risen to a reasonable 11; from a starting of 5.

He's still relatively young, and still has 3-years on his contract with me, so I'm undecided whether to let him out on loan again in the 2014/15 season or give him chance in the first team.

KevinDeBruyneOverview_Attributes.png

Not seeing too many people's experiences with this guy; so thought I'd share my two pence worth..

18004457.pngKevin De Bruyne

Signed for £1.3million in my first season at Newcastle, he showed glimpses of his quality during his first two years at the club; but was used very much as a substitute. When given the chance starting in the team a failure to impress from the start saw him lose contention within a competitive starting eleven. 2013/14 saw the arrival of Mario Gotze at the start of the season, so I decided to loan the Belgian out to a team where he would be guaranteed first team football. Despite succumbing to injury half way through his loan spell at Galatasary he showed a marked improvement in his performances when given a chance of first team football.

Equally I've seen marked improvement within his Physical and Mental stats; obviously he's spent a good amount of time in a in the gym and drinking his protein shakes when in Turkey, as his strength has risen to a reasonable 11; from a starting of 5.

He's still relatively young, and still has 3-years on his contract with me, so I'm undecided whether to let him out on loan again in the 2014/15 season or give him chance in the first team.

KevinDeBruyneOverview_Attributes.png

He's coming along nicely! Mind If I ask, what background pack are you using?

Did you use the FMBase skins as well or did you just put them in the default skin?

Yeah, you have to use the FMBase Skins, and you've got to change the transparency of the background. It's all explained within the FMBase thread I think.

What do we reckon the researchers are up to? I think they all have a get together and have a few stripes, play Fifa then make up most of the stats that end up coming through to the game. They consistently give established, top quality youngsters mediocre stats/PA, yet they will give countless no marks from nothing league stupendous stats and PA. I think we should have a Rugby Union-esque investigation as to why the researchers constantly churn out tripe stats for players.

• 1 month later...

The belgian Cruijff!

In real life which are the preferred moves of KDB?

I want to put some favorite moves, and the games and videos I have seen it, I was thinking to add at least two:

- Tries killer balls often

- Shoots with power

But wanted to know the opinion of experts in Belgian football, not to be cheating. By the way, What Roles and Duties suit my player? Trequartista?

Thanks!

His Teamwork is awfull for a playmaker and he is pretty agresive. Also, his physical stats are poor. But, he is very cheap and demands low wage, so you could sign him anyway and help him to develop those bad things about his game and his body.

By the way, writer of this tread is pretty hyped, like he is presenting some kind of fusion of Maradona, Messi, Sneijder and Ronaldo. :) The boy is good, but, meh.. Still not finished article.

Archived