Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, _mxrky said:

How do I get my striker to stay in the half space? Move into channels or stay wider?

Move into channels, but make sure the are not occupied by other players. And look for someone who can occupy the central area instead 

9 minutes ago, BrightLad5 said:

Would a 5-3-2 at AC Milan with Giroud as a TM(S) and Zlatan as a AF(A) work?

Want to use the Wide CB role in the Beta and also want to create a tactic with a TM being the vital link for goals

Absolutely! It's then a case of sorting out your other 8 roles 

2 minutes ago, fraudiola said:

what LW and RW? AP is the only without dribble more i think

Both L/R W & L/R M, the winger roles have have dribble more hard coded because that's what wingers do. WTM has Dribble Less & the RMD & AP has nothing, like you say  :thup:

7 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Both L/R W & L/R M, the winger roles have have dribble more hard coded because that's what wingers do. WTM has Dribble Less & the RMD & AP has nothing, like you say  :thup:

they need to add more options for LW and RW, like a WM, sick of all the dribbling 

2 minutes ago, fraudiola said:

they need to add more options for LW and RW, like a WM, sick of all the dribbling 

Completely agree, I'd like "generic" roles for all positions on the pitch 

5 hours ago, fraudiola said:

Try using a wide midfielder with a get further forward instruction. It’s a really versatile role and can do pretty much anything that you want.

5 hours ago, BrightLad5 said:

Ideal 3 man central midfield combo when using an attacking 5-3-2 with wing backs and a target man?

I'd say go through Pairs and Combinations (the guide is in the pinned threads) and check what is going to work for you. There isn't a straightforward answer to this. It's going to depend on how you line up the 3 and what your players are capable of (their attributes) for you to best decide who to play and in what role/duty.