Jump to content

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)


Recommended Posts

How to train mental attributes like concentration, bravery? I spot many youth players but they lack in some mental atteibures. Will they gain over time or how to train them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, ultrAslan said:

How to train mental attributes like concentration, bravery? I spot many youth players but they lack in some mental atteibures. Will they gain over time or how to train them?

They will gain over time. You can also train them in individual training.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ultrAslan said:

How to train mental attributes like concentration, bravery? I spot many youth players but they lack in some mental atteibures. Will they gain over time or how to train them?

Most mental attributes are under tactical training sessions (general>tactical, tactical>attacking shadow play and tactical >defensive shadow play).

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Really don't know, nor have ever thought about that. If anyone should know the answer, it's @Seb Wassell :brock:

Thank you, anyway.

13 hours ago, brookie1402 said:

I would think that the answer to that is yes. Thinking about it logically, both groups will be performing headers. So I'd say yes, the primary and secondary group get the heading focus whichever 'side' of the drill they are on.

Although it wouldn't be a 'double boost', as the attacking group will get 60% of the attribute focus, and the defending only 20% of it, so more like an additional bit of work on heading.

Yeahh I know.

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Focus of Attacks?

Anyone know how they worked out? Just watching the start of a full match & they don't update with real time so it's hard to tell, but is it where balls into the box are oming from? I know it's definetley not related to shots or anyhing like that  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If two players have a poor relationship but are suited to their roles (the striped line), does it ever go away?

 

At the moment I'm still winning my matches and they mostly perform good, it just looks really ugly

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rossenori said:

im guessing that performance bonuses have no motivational impact on a player's performance?

I think it does actually. I'm sure I remember seeing something a few years ago where a player was more motivated due to the high bonus set for a particular competition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2021 at 07:30, brookie1402 said:

Given that there is no discernible difference between being natural in a position and being accomplished, does it 'cost' PA to train a player in an already accomplished position, in order to get him to being natural?

Training a player to 'natural' does not cost CA (PA is constant hence there is no cost to it) but will affect the weighing of the values of the attributes depending on the position the player is 'natural' in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zyfon5 said:

Training a player to 'natural' does not cost CA (PA is constant hence there is no cost to it) but will affect the weighing of the values of the attributes depending on the position the player is 'natural' in.

So if I have a player who is natural AMR, and accomplished MR, there will be no difference between training him as a winger on attack duty in either position?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, brookie1402 said:

So if I have a player who is natural AMR, and accomplished MR, there will be no difference between training him as a winger on attack duty in either position?

Yes especially when the positions are very similar like in the case of AMR and MR. It will make more of a difference if you are training ST for example.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In a 3-5-2 with wingbacks and a flat midfield three, would I expect different movement from a MCR(MEZ-A) depending on whether the right-side WB was on defend vs. support duty? All else being equal.

My suspicion is that the Mezzala might get higher and wider in the space in front of a WB-D.

Edited by Prolix
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Prolix said:

In a 3-5-2 with wingbacks and a flat midfield three, would I expect different movement from a MCR(MEZ-A) depending on whether the right-side WB was on defend vs. support duty? All else being equal.

My suspicion is that the Mezzala might get higher and wider in the space in front of a WB-D.

Given that this thread is for simple questions and answers only, all I can tell you here is that roles/duties always work in interaction with others, so one same role is likely to behave differently within different setups.

For more specific and detailed discussion, you'll need to start a separate thread topic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How would "Likes to beat offside trap" would work with a player playing Attack Midfielder on an Attack duty ? I'm retraining one of my strikers to play AMC since he has decent stats for it (15 flair, 14 technique, 15 dribbling, 16 agility, 14 decisions), but he has this trait.

Will he try to make runs more often than usual ? Should I put him on a Support duty instead ? Or flat out try to unlearn this trait ?

Edited by Fatkidscantjump
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fatkidscantjump said:

Will he try to make runs more often than usual ?

Probably will. 

 

29 minutes ago, Fatkidscantjump said:

Should I put him on a Support duty instead ? Or flat out try to unlearn this trait ?

These things depend on how the whole tactical setup is designed. As stressed so many times - tactical elements do not work in isolation. One (seemingly "trivial") tweak can have a huge effect on the whole tactic, whether negative or positive.

But for any further discussion about that, you'll need to start a separate thread (not here). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Experienced Defender said:

@Johnny Ace Unfortunately, your question does require a separate thread. And even more so given that you posted a screenshot of the tactic. 

Start your own thread and you'll get feedback there :thup:

Oh man, I did it again :D It was only a quick question but fair enough 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Sharkn20 said:

I don't if this is the right place, but is it any point in having more than one Sports Scientist? Do they prevent injuries? Or they just give You advice?

I noticed that having good sport scientists (with high ratings for the SS attribute) can really help reduce the number of injuries. 

When it comes to the overall number of sports scientists in your medical staff, it should be defined in advance (i.e. the maximum number you can have). Just like the (maximum) number of coaches, scouts etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

I noticed that having good sport scientists (with high ratings for the SS attribute) can really help reduce the number of injuries. 

When it comes to the overall number of sports scientists in your medical staff, it should be defined in advance (i.e. the maximum number you can have). Just like the (maximum) number of coaches, scouts etc.

Thanks! That's good to know!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2021 at 22:40, brookie1402 said:

What is the rough timescale for a player learning a completely new position, from zero up to accomplished?

It can vary. Players have a hidden value for versatility, so that will affect how quickly they’d adapt. It’s also important to give the player game time in the position you’re retraining in. If they’re being played in different positions each game, that will slow the process down.

In my save, I’ve recently retrained a natural left back to play at centre back. He started with no ability whatsoever at centre back, but is now accomplished. It took about 6 months to get there and he played every game where available at centre back, even when he didn’t have any familiarity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tmc269 said:

How do you fix a lot of your shots being blocked, usually they have between 6-8 defenders in the box and getting blocks in left right and centre. 

Number of things to try, use width to stretch them out, speed things up so they can't can back into shape, slow things down so your players are a little more patient

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

Number of things to try, use width to stretch them out, speed things up so they can't can back into shape, slow things down so your players are a little more patient

Cheers I’ll give that a go 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Counter-Press

I've never used it & when I do I don't really see it doing anything, players press when they lose the ball as expected within the defensive boundaries you set regardless of wether it's selected or not

In theory, it's simple but I don't see that it makes any difference on the pitch

Is this the cause of the headless-chicken effect that folk mention? ie more than one player will press the player on the ball when possession's turned over? 

 

Edited by Johnny Ace
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...