Jump to content

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)


Recommended Posts

I have few questions which I cannot seem to understand:

1. I have a RB which I set him to train as a complete wing back, I also picked an additional focus for a player (composure), If I set the intensity level as heavy, does it reduce the workload for other areas from the complete wing back training?

2. I added a column named training load, what does it mean? i.e. the training load in a specific player currently is on medium, but the workload is on heavy.

3. I added another column named injury susceptibility, for some of my players (even though i didn't set any training yet) it says very high, should I be concerned? does it mean that those players are more prone to injury? and if the answer is yes, is there a way to reduce the risk for a player to get injured? (I started a new season and on day one, even before pressing the 1st continue, it's on very high for some of my players).

4. I added another column named overall risk, if the risk is high or normal, what is adviced to keep it lower as possible?

5. I added another column named match load, is that refer to games per week? i.e. if a player is playing 2 games per week than the load will be much higher than light?

I would really appriciate if some of you Mods or any Dev can answer because it's really confusing me and I really assume that it can help not only for me to clarify those columns.

 

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/10/2017 at 10:09, Sussex Hammer said:

Apologies for putting this question here but no one replies in the FM Touch forum and I didn't want to start a new thread for a question that can probably be answered in one line!!  In FMT is there any way of cancelling your links with Affiliated Clubs?  I'm six years in to a FM17 save and I now have 9 Affiliated Clubs coming from several countries like England, Croatia, Australia, Scotland, France and Cyprus.  I really can't see the point of them as I don't send players on loan because the affiliates aren't a high enough standard and I never buy players from them for the same reason.  Two Clubs would be enough to be honest, the rest just cost fees that could be used elsewhere so is there any way in FMT to cancel the link?  When I used to play full fat you could just use the action button but there seems no way in FMT?  Thanks,

 

I'm a FMT player too and agree the forum is not very active.

To answer your question, I'm pretty sure you cannot change affiliates.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Hi, i have a question.

How important do you think bravery is, mainly for 2 DMC's when playing a deep 4-2-3-1?

Tks

It's important as you want them going in committed in fifty-fifty challenges or when up against physically strong players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My question and for an experienced FM player does sound quite stupid, but how/why/where deploy opportunities instructions?

Showing onto weaker foot is an obvious one which needs no explanation but, don't central defenders automatically man mark?

I'd also like someone to give their views on when they would or wouldn't use tight marking. My thinking is that you wouldn't use this on a fast player.

Also how do you choose between deploying close down or man mark? Both are essentially restricting their space, what really is the difference and when would one be more suitable over the other.

These sound very basic questions, I know, but the more I've considered it, the more I have started to question my own interpretation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Colorado said:

My question and for an experienced FM player does sound quite stupid, but how/why/where deploy opportunities instructions?

Showing onto weaker foot is an obvious one which needs no explanation but, don't central defenders automatically man mark?

I'd also like someone to give their views on when they would or wouldn't use tight marking. My thinking is that you wouldn't use this on a fast player.

Also how do you choose between deploying close down or man mark? Both are essentially restricting their space, what really is the difference and when would one be more suitable over the other.

These sound very basic questions, I know, but the more I've considered it, the more I have started to question my own interpretation.

 

I'll give you an alternative point of view - I never use OIs.  My personal opinion is that if I spend time setting up a nicely balanced tactical system it'll do everything I want it to do without the need for OIs.  My players will mark the opposition; my pressing will be set up; and showing onto weaker foot doesn't (imo) do much anyway.  Chucking in a load of OIs over the top of that system could unbalance all of that with my players getting pulled out of position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I'll give you an alternative point of view - I never use OIs.  My personal opinion is that if I spend time setting up a nicely balanced tactical system it'll do everything I want it to do without the need for OIs.  My players will mark the opposition; my pressing will be set up; and showing onto weaker foot doesn't (imo) do much anyway.  Chucking in a load of OIs over the top of that system could unbalance all of that with my players getting pulled out of position.

This is also my approach too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado said:

My question and for an experienced FM player does sound quite stupid, but how/why/where deploy opportunities instructions?

Showing onto weaker foot is an obvious one which needs no explanation but, don't central defenders automatically man mark?

I'd also like someone to give their views on when they would or wouldn't use tight marking. My thinking is that you wouldn't use this on a fast player.

Also how do you choose between deploying close down or man mark? Both are essentially restricting their space, what really is the difference and when would one be more suitable over the other.

These sound very basic questions, I know, but the more I've considered it, the more I have started to question my own interpretation.

 

 

31 minutes ago, herne79 said:

I'll give you an alternative point of view - I never use OIs.  My personal opinion is that if I spend time setting up a nicely balanced tactical system it'll do everything I want it to do without the need for OIs.  My players will mark the opposition; my pressing will be set up; and showing onto weaker foot doesn't (imo) do much anyway.  Chucking in a load of OIs over the top of that system could unbalance all of that with my players getting pulled out of position.

I largely agree with @herne79, however, I do sometimes use OI's to achieve a pattern of pressing... for example I will, from time to time and depending on the situation, set the team up a with a heavy central presence and set OIs to always closing down and tackling hard on the opposition wide players (full backs and wingers) - in an effort to force play wide into a pressing trap (using the touchline as an extra defender)

Edited by Pompey_Dan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, anyone else having these issues of off the ball movement during games? I mean, in my set-up, the IWB-S will go in the box sometimes ahead of the CM-A. Also, when the CM-A reaches the box, the IWB doesn't go back to the position he should be in. Just giving an example. Wondering if tactics are a bit flowed in the beta or is it just me being awful at setting up teams. Playing with Spurs and lost to Swansea in the first game of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to find out whats the prefered foot of a twofooted player? I guess most of them have one foot thats like the natural and they just learned to use the other pretty well. My example is Felipe Anderson from Lazio. He has no prefered moves to cutting inside of anything else that should dictate how he move. The assistent manager reccomend him as a inside forward in AMR and a winger in AML so I thought he was more left- than right-footed.

My problem is that I retrained him to left wing-back. I have look for overlaps as TI his role is CWB and PI stay wider and run wide with the ball, but he keeps cutting in to his right foot and cross from deep or shoot. Any way to prevent this from happening, or see what foot is the strongest of a two-footed player (without editor... I don't like to use that.)? I've got a coach to train him to "dribble down the left flank". Hope that will help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MHovel said:

I have few questions which I cannot seem to understand:

1. I have a RB which I set him to train as a complete wing back, I also picked an additional focus for a player (composure), If I set the intensity level as heavy, does it reduce the workload for other areas from the complete wing back training?

2. I added a column named training load, what does it mean? i.e. the training load in a specific player currently is on medium, but the workload is on heavy.

3. I added another column named injury susceptibility, for some of my players (even though i didn't set any training yet) it says very high, should I be concerned? does it mean that those players are more prone to injury? and if the answer is yes, is there a way to reduce the risk for a player to get injured? (I started a new season and on day one, even before pressing the 1st continue, it's on very high for some of my players).

4. I added another column named overall risk, if the risk is high or normal, what is adviced to keep it lower as possible?

5. I added another column named match load, is that refer to games per week? i.e. if a player is playing 2 games per week than the load will be much higher than light?

I would really appriciate if some of you Mods or any Dev can answer because it's really confusing me and I really assume that it can help not only for me to clarify those columns.

 

Thank you.

Anyone please?

Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, MHovel said:

Anyone please?

1 - Unless something has changed (which I don't think it has) then its additional not instead of.

2 - Training load is exactly that.

3- This is basically just telling you what the medical centre does (assuming you play FM18?) It's based on physical state, recurring injuries, recent injury history, injury proneness, etc

4 - Use the medical centre to see what it actually says. It could be a number of things why its high ranging from not being match fit to playing 4 games in a week. Depending how you deal with the situation depends on what the actual risk comes from. Each risk if using the medical centre gives you the main reasoning for why it says what it does.

5 - It's recent games, it seems to work on a 14 day period according to the text it gives you. It'll say like 6 games played last 14 days.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cleon said:

1 - Unless something has changed (which I don't think it has) then its additional not instead of.

2 - Training load is exactly that.

3- This is basically just telling you what the medical centre does (assuming you play FM18?) It's based on physical state, recurring injuries, recent injury history, injury proneness, etc

4 - Use the medical centre to see what it actually says. It could be a number of things why its high ranging from not being match fit to playing 4 games in a week. Depending how you deal with the situation depends on what the actual risk comes from. Each risk if using the medical centre gives you the main reasoning for why it says what it does.

5 - It's recent games, it seems to work on a 14 day period according to the text it gives you. It'll say like 6 games played last 14 days.

 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hrm, this is a sort of a hunch question and I'm positive I've seen mention of it before, but;

 

In a trio midfield with a DM, I'm noticing the three midfielders sort of bunching together and getting all distorted. In a flat midfield, with a defend duty in the middle, I'm getting a better looking triangle shape. This is going to sound absolutely ridiculous, but this has a genuine effect on the match engine itself, or is just a graphical issue? It really looks off to me when I watch a DM-trio on the field. (This is for 17 btw.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously dumb question:

Is there a need to worry about Teamwork for a DLP in the DM strata?  I'm wondering because if it's low, what is he going to do other than pass the ball, especially if he's on a Defend duty?  Is there a significant difference in contribution between someone with a 7 and someone with a 15?  Would he just not do much at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TheShamanOfFm said:

I'm about to go insane i lose so many points due to my team having more possession and shots on target yet getting 0-No goals while my opponents with half or less shots on target and alot less possession. No idea what to do haha 

1) It's not a matter of how many shots you have, but how good chances you'll get. Check how many shots are from outside of penalty box or challenged and blocked and how many are actually on target.

2) Better strikers might do the trick :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MNassri said:

Seriously dumb question:

Is there a need to worry about Teamwork for a DLP in the DM strata?  I'm wondering because if it's low, what is he going to do other than pass the ball, especially if he's on a Defend duty?  Is there a significant difference in contribution between someone with a 7 and someone with a 15?  Would he just not do much at all?

Teamwork covers a range of behaviours mostly dealing with a player breaking from their own "responsibilities" and assisting others in theirs. For some players, in some systems not bothering to help others is fine. For example a poacher might be expected to stay on the opposition defenders like glue and rely almost entirely on their OTB and Anticipation. There have been players in the past that were extremely effective without having very good Teamwork - a couple that come to mind are Glenn Hoddle and Matt Le Tissier. The first was a DM/CM Playmaker and the second a Treq. They rarely supported their team mates and instead were left to focus entirely on their job of dictating play, creating chances and scoring goals.

Its all a matter of balance. If you have a player who is so good that you simply must build the side around them then you definitely can but you need to make sure that you surround them with players that can (a) protect them, support them and cover for them and (b) give them people that can feed off of them. There's no point having a genius creator if there isn't anyone to pass to in dangerous areas.

So, balance is the key. Support, cover and options.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe a bit of a strange question, but when do you start feeling like your tactic is good enough? I'm playing with Monaco atm in a 433 (short passing/ controll/ fluid) and won all off my preseason games and draw once (mostly against smaller team though) but still not really convinced by it. I just don't know how to measure if this tactic will also be efficient against bigger opponents. Watching the game is somewhat frustrating as my players don't score while being free in front of the keeper but then score goals from the most impossible angles. 

 

Thinking about switching to 442 as I feel there is not enough threat in the box, but two striker didn't really work for me so far as well in terms of goals.

 

TL:DR: Which parameters (stats etc) do you compare to see if your tactic is good enough.

Edited by gandrasch
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Draakon said:

1) It's not a matter of how many shots you have, but how good chances you'll get. Check how many shots are from outside of penalty box or challenged and blocked and how many are actually on target.

2) Better strikers might do the trick :)

My striker is pretty good for the league he is in i just can't score to save myself haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gandrasch said:

Maybe a bit of a strange question, but when do you start feeling like your tactic is good enough? I'm playing with Monaco atm in a 433 (short passing/ controll/ fluid) and won all off my preseason games and draw once (mostly against smaller team though) but still not really convinced by it. I just don't know how to measure if this tactic will also be efficient against bigger opponents. Watching the game is somewhat frustrating as my players don't score while being free in front of the keeper but then score goals from the most impossible angles. 

 

Thinking about switching to 442 as I feel there is not enough threat in the box, but two striker didn't really work for me so far as well in terms of goals.

 

TL:DR: Which parameters (stats etc) do you compare to see if your tactic is good enough.

Do you play the way you want? If answer is yes, don't change. If answer is no, try to identify what needs to be tweaked so it can get closer to how you want to play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Atarin said:

Teamwork covers a range of behaviours mostly dealing with a player breaking from their own "responsibilities" and assisting others in theirs. For some players, in some systems not bothering to help others is fine. For example a poacher might be expected to stay on the opposition defenders like glue and rely almost entirely on their OTB and Anticipation. There have been players in the past that were extremely effective without having very good Teamwork - a couple that come to mind are Glenn Hoddle and Matt Le Tissier. The first was a DM/CM Playmaker and the second a Treq. They rarely supported their team mates and instead were left to focus entirely on their job of dictating play, creating chances and scoring goals.

Its all a matter of balance. If you have a player who is so good that you simply must build the side around them then you definitely can but you need to make sure that you surround them with players that can (a) protect them, support them and cover for them and (b) give them people that can feed off of them. There's no point having a genius creator if there isn't anyone to pass to in dangerous areas.

So, balance is the key. Support, cover and options.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!  I was curious if anyone had seen strange things happen in that situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im having some issues with facing 4-4-2, i really cant find any space at all and they just run all over me. My thought is, i faced Huddersfield that played 4-4-2 very fluid standard, my thought was that they would be compact and leave a lot of space behind the backline. I used pass into space and made Benteke (my cf support) to an attacking role that would run behind. But im also thinking they leave space between midfield and defence that Benteke can utilise and Zaha be the only one running behind. Or the central midfielder with a role that pushes up between them.

Just want to check that im thinking a Little bit correct? Because i cant really take advantage of the space while Huddersfield really took advantage of it and scored easily.

EDIT: Using 4-1-2-2-1, flexible, standard usually tactic with a lot of emphasis on crossing, shorter passing at the back and letting my cms do the risky passes/direct passes.

Edited by Hagginho
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Would you guys sign a promising youth player with only 4 for Determination?

Quite a vague question but after reading through everyone's advice on here in the past Determination is a piece of the puzzle with development but it is by no means the only piece. What other characteristics does he possess? I have signed youth prospects with determination under 10 many a time that have turned out to be world class with the right tutoring, game time and training.

 

I'm not saying that definitely yes just that its not the only factor. Many a youngster with 20 determination has let me down as well :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, i know this has probably been covered above, but its so much to go back over, 

I really want to get training down in this version (i normally leave it to ast manager) What is the best 'help' guide to use? 

And also are there any really simple tips to make sure I get covered? 

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Thanks.

Yes i never know what to do lol. But here he is:

 

 

juan.jpg

Looks good for a 15 year old. But again the brilliant thing about the game is their is no definitive way of doing things he could turn out brilliant or could just flop. All you can do is try and nurture him and hope. Certainly has the stats to develop into a very technically gifted player though its the kind of one I'd have a punt on. :thup:. At the very least with that type of youngster you usually end up making money on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FMWolf said:

@H_a_a_k_o_n If I remember correctly, automatic turns into:

  • Support: when using Counter, Standard and Control mentalities;
  • Attack: when using Attacking and Overload mentalities;
  • Defend: when using Defending and Contain mentalities;

Thanks. A follow up: do you avoid "automatic" when making your own to have better control of the duties?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 31/08/2017 at 07:26, Rashidi said:

Are you using any TIs or specific PIs, when I play on control and higher mentalities, to achieve high possession numbers I need to either use Roles that encourage ball retention or play with a combination of TIs to achieve that effect. For example, roles that have the option of using less risky passing, and TIs like WBIB and RP. Finally choosing the right shape is vital. 

@Rashidi Sorry for the very late reply, not been on FM or my PC for the past few months.

I was using this but the posssession numbers weren't good:

 

Screenshot (28).png

Edited by Gee_Simpson
Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the difference between off the ball and anticipation? They are both at the mental group but do they govern the same thing? For ex; if an attacking player anticipates the coming through ball and heads towards the space, what will be the influence of "off the ball" on the player?  I dont quite understand this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, hicuty said:

What is the difference between off the ball and anticipation? They are both at the mental group but do they govern the same thing? For ex; if an attacking player anticipates the coming through ball and heads towards the space, what will be the influence of "off the ball" on the player?  I dont quite understand this.

Off the ball is an offense movement trait, positioning is the defensive correlation- anticipation works both ways. For example- off the ball will dictate how well a player uses space to get open to receive passes, make runs etc. Anticipation is an overall awareness of the flow of the game- a player with high anticipation might see the run of play very well, but if his off the ball is poor, he won't be able to capitalize as well, and same goes for defensively with the positioning stat. It is rather like the relationship between vision and passing, if that makes sense: vision is the ability to pick out a great pass, but the passing skill determines whether he can pull it off or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, hicuty said:

What is the difference between off the ball and anticipation? They are both at the mental group but do they govern the same thing? For ex; if an attacking player anticipates the coming through ball and heads towards the space, what will be the influence of "off the ball" on the player?  I dont quite understand this.

To add to what Dr.Hook has said, "off the ball" is the actual ability of the player to move without the ball in attacking positions. Anticipation is his ability to read the play as it develops and to predict the next play/action. Don't forget that the decision attribute will also play a role. His acceleration too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr. Hook said:

Off the ball is an offense movement trait, positioning is the defensive correlation- anticipation works both ways. For example- off the ball will dictate how well a player uses space to get open to receive passes, make runs etc. Anticipation is an overall awareness of the flow of the game- a player with high anticipation might see the run of play very well, but if his off the ball is poor, he won't be able to capitalize as well, and same goes for defensively with the positioning stat. It is rather like the relationship between vision and passing, if that makes sense: vision is the ability to pick out a great pass, but the passing skill determines whether he can pull it off or not.

The relationship between vision and passing makes sense as one is the ability to see other is to execute. To better understand off the ball, is it the ability to create space for yourself or teammates? Like f9 droping for inside forward who seeks to exploit the space behind him, or the ability to drift around looking for space for yourself?

Edited by hicuty
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, hicuty said:

The relationship between vision and passing makes sense as one is the ability to see other is to execute. To better understand off the ball, is it the ability to create space for yourself or teammates? Like f9 droping for inside forward who seeks to exploit the space behind him, or the ability to drift around looking for space for yourself?

It is for the player with the rating- his ability to create space for himself, to lose his marker, and to get himself into good attacking positions. In your example, if the F9 drops to make space for the IF, the IF's off the ball will help determine how well he uses the space that is opened up. 

(Yonko is also right to mention other attributes as playing a part- decisions is always a big one that works together with other attributes)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can i someway look what my coaches think of my formation and how they think i should line up? Not game to game but more generic. I know you get the information during the pre-season but during the season? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, jc577 said:

Is it possible to have direct passing but keep the ball on the floor?

It should be as long as your players are compact enough- it's just that direct passing tends by nature to stretch the play in the effort to get up the field quickly. Perhaps a less risky passes approach to limit attempts into space would also be of help. So yeah, I think it's theoretically possible to do but it would probably take some fiddling.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...