Jump to content

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, jc577 said:

Can a fast transition style work with a big team?

Of course.  Which club you happen to pick is virtually irrelevant. 

It's having the right players and balancing the tactical system which is the important bit.  Are the players at the club capable of playing in such a manner?  Yes - set up the system.  No - compromise the system until you can bring in the players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Of course.  Which club you happen to pick is virtually irrelevant. 

It's having the right players and balancing the tactical system which is the important bit.  Are the players at the club capable of playing in such a manner?  Yes - set up the system.  No - compromise the system until you can bring in the players.

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

I thought it was hinged upon having space in-behind the opposition which is less likely when playing as a big team. 

Are top heavy systems particularly suited to this playing style? Or could it work in a 4-4-1-1 for example?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.

As you guys know, there is 9 training categories but the board only allow me to have 7 coaches after i asked them to increase their number. I always use 1 coach for each category, so 2 categories now with no coach.

I'm sure this already happen to some of you, do you have any tip? Tks.

 

Edited by mikcheck
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Hi.

As you guys know, there is 9 training categories but the board only allow me to have 7 coaches after i asked them to increase their number. I always use 1 coach for each category, so 2 categories now with no coach.

I'm sure this already happen to some of you, do you have any tip? Tks.

 

Give 2 of your coaches 2 categories each. I'm not sure what you're asking because the solution is obvious. There's not much else you can do - you don't have enough coaches to give them all only on category to focus on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

Hi.

As you guys know, there is 9 training categories but the board only allow me to have 7 coaches after i asked them to increase their number. I always use 1 coach for each category, so 2 categories now with no coach.

I'm sure this already happen to some of you, do you have any tip? Tks.

 

 

43 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Give 2 of your coaches 2 categories each. I'm not sure what you're asking because the solution is obvious. There's not much else you can do - you don't have enough coaches to give them all only on category to focus on.

Just to add, 7 coaches, 9 categories.

You are not included in the coaches allowance, neither is your assistant manager.  So there's two more.  Also, if you are managing a club where your reserves share facilities with your senior squad then the reserves manager, ass. manager and all reserve team coaches can also be used to help train the senior squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Later in the season after struggling a lot with a 442 I changed to a 4141, trying to stop the losing streak. I won 4 games in a roll without conceding even once. That is good but I want my DLF (S) to be my finisher because his attributes are more like as a goalscorer than as a creator. What duty/role changes can I do so he becomes the main focus of my attacks without losing defence balance?

1.jpg

Edited by bosque
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you set your own scouting assignments do you need a Chief Scout? Is this role only cosmetic otherwise? Does it matter who you put there if you set your own assignments in terms of how he's rated? Does it matter if he's local to the country of your club?

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bosque said:

Later in the season after struggling a lot with a 442 I changed to a 4141, trying to stop the losing streak. I won 4 games in a roll without conceding even once. That is good but I want my DLF (S) to be my finisher because his attributes are more like as a goalscorer than as a creator. What duty/role changes can I do so he becomes the main focus of my attacks without losing defence balance?

1.jpg

If he's more of a finisher than a creator i'd suggest using a formation with an AM behind him so he can focus on scoring. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, roggiotis said:

i have a full back who has player traits Knocks Ball Past Opponent and stays back at all times, isn't that conflict with each other ?

Knocks Ball Past Opponent is what the player will do if he has the ball while the other is movement related, so they're completely separate things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/09/2017 at 19:35, Vali184 said:

When do you use tighter marking TI/PI? When do you use it with close down more/much more? Pros and cons? 

Tighter marking kicks in when defending set pieces and general defensive situations. It has no relationship with closing down so there are no pros or cons to combining these TIs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the player trait "Gets forward whenever possible" actually have any effect on players playing at center back? For example David Luiz has that trait and in my save seems to behave in the same manner as a player without it playing at center back. 

Many thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gunnersguy said:

Does the player trait "Gets forward whenever possible" actually have any effect on players playing at center back? For example David Luiz has that trait and in my save seems to behave in the same manner as a player without it playing at center back. 

Many thanks 

No.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!

If you wanted to build a DNA based on a successful Mourinho team which atributes do you choose? I guess none of the technical (at least not for the entire team) but then almost all of the mentals makes sense. I'd say agression, bravery, composure, concentration, determination,, team work, work rate. What do you think?

I didn't want to open a thread based solely on this question but if this isn't the thread tell me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I don't know if this has been asked before or explained somewhere, but How do you defend in FM17? I mean how do you set the TIs, PIs, etc to "manipulate" the opponent so that we can defend their attack better.

Let's say we play with 4132 (with 3 CMs in the middle), after looking at the FBs the LB has better defensive attribute then the RB, so if possible we'd like the opponent to attack only from the center or from our left side at worst.

Basically I need an explanation of how to defend in FM. It's quite frustrating that my team dominates the game, creating a lot of clear cut chances (goals are not consistent though), but get countered with simple counter attack especially in the last minute which throws my lead. :lol:

 

Fyi, I played in lower league in Indonesia.

Sorry for my bad English 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I've got a question regarding Complete Forward. He's got Roam from Position PI locked in and I'm wondering if he drifts around looking for space to receive and pass the ball, will he drag a defender or two with him along? Or he can be employed to overload other areas on the pitch? I'm a bit confused so any info on this could be useful.

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at him he's a bit of a jack of all trades, so he can overload,  but a CF needs a high CA as well. So you need someone who has a good dose of current ability as well as a good spread in attributes. And don't forget, he works within a team, so if doesn't get enough service or support then he is just going to get isolated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rashidi said:

If you look at him he's a bit of a jack of all trades, so he can overload,  but a CF needs a high CA as well. So you need someone who has a good dose of current ability as well as a good spread in attributes. And don't forget, he works within a team, so if doesn't get enough service or support then he is just going to get isolated.

Okay but would you deploy him if for example, you'd look to drag a defender out of position so that the space can be exploited by another player?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. 

An AP with attack duty in AMC position still  a supporting player, or am I wrong? The difference between the attack and support duty is that the attack has little higher mentality and runs with the ball more.

For example if i have an AP on attack behind an Advanced Forward, he still support him?

Thanks

Edited by mikcheck
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

Hi. 

An AP with attack duty in AMC position still  a supporting player, or am I wrong? The difference between the attack and support duty is that the attack has little higher mentality and runs with the ball more.

For example if i have an AP on attack behind an Advanced Forward, he still support him?

Thanks

Ya he will, as the AP even on attack is not one to regularly get into the scoring areas and shoot. He will be looking to distribute the ball from a little higher up the pitch than the support version so he can get pretty advanced, In theory he can work fine with the CF, but sometimes you never know until you try it as so much depends on their attributes, other supporting players,  the defending players/system, match context, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Vali184 said:

I have a question that's not related to tactics. <SNIP>

 

 

Please ask in General Discussion. As the thread clearly states, this is for tactics and training related questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Please ask in General Discussion. As the thread clearly states, this is for tactics and training related questions.

Well I thought that it's better to just post here instead of creating a new thread just for this question.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dr. Hook said:

Ya he will, as the AP even on attack is not one to regularly get into the scoring areas and shoot. He will be looking to distribute the ball from a little higher up the pitch than the support version so he can get pretty advanced, In theory he can work fine with the CF, but sometimes you never know until you try it as so much depends on their attributes, other supporting players,  the defending players/system, match context, etc. 

Thanks ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dr. Hook said:

Ya he will, as the AP even on attack is not one to regularly get into the scoring areas and shoot. He will be looking to distribute the ball from a little higher up the pitch than the support version so he can get pretty advanced, In theory he can work fine with the CF, but sometimes you never know until you try it as so much depends on their attributes, other supporting players,  the defending players/system, match context, etc. 

Hmm what about the other two playmaker roles, Enganche and Treq? Are they more goal oriented than an AP (A)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Armistice said:

Hmm what about the other two playmaker roles, Enganche and Treq? Are they more goal oriented than an AP (A)?

Take a look at the default Player Instructions for the roles, they pretty much tell you what the differences are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

Take a look at the default Player Instructions for the roles, they pretty much tell you what the differences are.

I get your point but I was refering solely if there's a distinction between playmaker roles with attack duty regarding their goal scoring appetite. I am not sure PIs will tell me that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Armistice said:

I get your point but I was refering solely if there's a distinction between playmaker roles with attack duty regarding their goal scoring appetite. I am not sure PIs will tell me that.

Again, read the PIs of those 3 roles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the team training screen what does "main focus" and intensity level actually do? I always thought that if you change the focus and intensity for "this week" then it will overwrite the main focus and intensity but today i switched around the main focus intensity level by accident and noticed that it affected the overall workload even though i had manually set the intensity for this week.

Does this mean the main focus and intensity is still in effect and the "this week" focus and intensity just adds additional training on top?

edit: i think i figured it out. It changed work load because i hadn't set the full 3 week training shedule (only 2 weeks of 3). Still i always thought the work load display in the bottom right shows the current work load, not the work load over 3 weeks, so confusing.

Edited by hxp
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bunkerossian said:

Is there any way to have U23 training be separated from the main team training? Whenever I want to edit training workload for the main team, U23 staff also shows up. It's only happening to me with Swansea.

That's because the U23 shares the same training facilities and coaches with your main team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Seb Wassell Please can you or any mod who have the knowledge about this specific info, can you confirm if that's is true?

1.thumb.jpg.7d78d223d9101d934e55bd2145f6d27c.jpg

At the moment, when searching for senior coaches I tend to add the man management filter.

I want to make sure if this specific info is true? does man management affect the quality of training?

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, MHovel said:

@Seb Wassell Please can you or any mod who have the knowledge about this specific info, can you confirm if that's is true?

1.thumb.jpg.7d78d223d9101d934e55bd2145f6d27c.jpg

At the moment, when searching for senior coaches I tend to add the man management filter.

I want to make sure if this specific info is true? does man management affect the quality of training?

That Man Management bit isn't true.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question about the midfield setup in a 4312.  My striker partnership is an AF with a DLF and my midfield is DLPsu/CMde/BBMsu, my question is should I have the BBM on the side of the DLF so he can make runs past him while the DLF holds up the ball or should I put him on the side of the AF so that the AF has an extra player in support since the AF will be pushing the opposing teams Dline with the BBM then making runs behind him?  Does the answer change if I swith my DLF with a F9?

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jessan said:

Quick question about the midfield setup in a 4312.  My striker partnership is an AF with a DLF and my midfield is DLPsu/CMde/BBMsu, my question is should I have the BBM on the side of the DLF so he can make runs past him while the DLF holds up the ball or should I put him on the side of the AF so that the AF has an extra player in support since the AF will be pushing the opposing teams Dline with the BBM then making runs behind him?  Does the answer change if I swith my DLF with a F9?

Either way can work for the reasons you already mention.  The answer is whatever you find works best for you and your players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mikcheck said:

Hello guys,

Can you please tell me your opinion on if these roles and duties are ok to work together within this tactic? Should the DMCR be a role who also goes forward like BWM (S) or a DM (S)?

Thanks!

 

sociedad.jpg

Best way to check is to load up a dummy save on FMT and try it out.  With your chosen mentality and roles/duties, your DLP at DMCR might have his work cut out on the right flank.

4 minutes ago, bosque said:

Where can I find a skin that shows me the AI roles and duties for FM Touch?

Try the skinning forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...