Jump to content

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)


Recommended Posts

Hi. I didn't use 4-2-3-1 wide for ages, but my currently club looks great to try it out. I've a great season and at the start of new one I need to choose my pitch size. I didn't pay attention which one was better for me at away matches.

I play aggressive 4231 where my top4 players is closing down much more, and they can benefit from small pitch.

On the other hand, my pacy wingers and forward who trying to beat offside trap may take advantage from large pitch size.

Sporting CP was one of the 3 biggest clubs in Portugal already and I just won CL, so my reputation is way bigger than other league clubs, so in theory they should play defensive against us. What pitch size would you suggest me to choose?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/5/2017 at 21:20, herne79 said:

Have a look at the pinned guides at the top of this forum.  The Art of Defending, The Art of Counter Attacking especially.

Thanks for the heads up, I can say it helped me in some aspects.

Though i still cant get my head around over some fine details like which is better for long run / short run in creating a brand of Football (the guide clearly helped me here as i want to create my own brand instead of a tactic.) 

I would like to see how Tempo in the game determines with different mentalities i cant find it any where. I always take the Mentalities as terms of risk the team is willing to take but does the tempo changes it with how much they take risk or its just only intensity of play style

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ferrarinseb said:

Thanks for the heads up, I can say it helped me in some aspects.

Though i still cant get my head around over some fine details like which is better for long run / short run in creating a brand of Football (the guide clearly helped me here as i want to create my own brand instead of a tactic.) 

I would like to see how Tempo in the game determines with different mentalities i cant find it any where. I always take the Mentalities as terms of risk the team is willing to take but does the tempo changes it with how much they take risk or its just only intensity of play style

 

 

Tempo changes with Mentality. Contain will have a very low tempo, standard will have a "medium" tempo all the way up to Overload which has a very high tempo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HUNT3R said:

Tempo changes with Mentality. Contain will have a very low tempo, standard will have a "medium" tempo all the way up to Overload which has a very high tempo.

Thanks. I think i didn't ask it clearly. Say if i have a Attacking Mentality with low tempo does that mean that team goes some what cautious approach or do they go for attack when ever possible instead of trying to wait for opportunity 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ferrarinseb said:

Thanks. I think i didn't ask it clearly. Say if i have a Attacking Mentality with low tempo does that mean that team goes some what cautious approach or do they go for attack when ever possible instead of trying to wait for opportunity 

You can't have an Attacking Mentality with Low Tempo. This is what I just explained. Attacking has a High Tempo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

how do i reduce the total number of crosses in games?

my aml and amr and both inside forwards so they already have the PI cross less often.

my fullbacks are on support duty and i've already added the cross less often PI.

i have the TI work ball into box enabled.

however, i'm still getting about 30-40 crosses per game which is way too many for what i want to do. in my last game, i had FIFTY NINE attempted crosses! anything around 20 or below would be perfect (which is i think similar to real life).

any ideas?

 

edit: forgot to add my striker is a DLF so he shouldn't be attracting too many crosses

edit 2: when looking at player stats, does the game count corners as crosses? i had a player take 12 corners and he also had 19 (!!!) attempted crosses! why would an inside forward attempt that many crosses when he already has the PI cross less often as default? surely the game counted the corners that he took as crosses, right?

Edited by Artin
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Artin said:

how do i reduce the total number of crosses in games?

my aml and amr and both inside forwards so they already have the PI cross less often.

my fullbacks are on support duty and i've already added the cross less often PI.

i have the TI work ball into box enabled.

however, i'm still getting about 30-40 crosses per game which is way too many for what i want to do. in my last game, i had FIFTY NINE attempted crosses! anything around 20 or below would be perfect (which is i think similar to real life).

any ideas?

 

edit: forgot to add my striker is a DLF so he shouldn't be attracting too many crosses

edit 2: when looking at player stats, does the game count corners as crosses? i had a player take 12 corners and he also had 19 (!!!) attempted crosses! why would an inside forward attempt that many crosses when he already has the PI cross less often as default? surely the game counted the corners that he took as crosses, right?

I did a game analysis and it does indeed look like corners also count as crosses.

crosses.thumb.PNG.4de1d1295fb8e7b582f695198b5ab243.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Artin said:

how do i reduce the total number of crosses in games?

my aml and amr and both inside forwards so they already have the PI cross less often.

my fullbacks are on support duty and i've already added the cross less often PI.

i have the TI work ball into box enabled.

however, i'm still getting about 30-40 crosses per game which is way too many for what i want to do. in my last game, i had FIFTY NINE attempted crosses! anything around 20 or below would be perfect (which is i think similar to real life).

any ideas?

 

edit: forgot to add my striker is a DLF so he shouldn't be attracting too many crosses

edit 2: when looking at player stats, does the game count corners as crosses? i had a player take 12 corners and he also had 19 (!!!) attempted crosses! why would an inside forward attempt that many crosses when he already has the PI cross less often as default? surely the game counted the corners that he took as crosses, right?

Yeh corners are included in crosses.

Reducing crosses is about much more than the odd TI or PI.  Players need to be properly positioned to be in close support of one another - if a wide player is isolated on the wing he cross the ball regardless of tactical instructions because what else is he going to do other than be tackled and lose the ball?

So for example, you say you have ticked cross less often for your fullbacks.  This means your fullbacks must be on a support or defend duty.  But you are playing with players in the AML/R positions, so it's unlikely the fullbacks will be advanced enough to offer a simple passing option.  Thus your AML/R players end up crossing the ball.

Perhaps you also have other tactical settings active that make your players particularly aggressive such as Control or Attack Mentality?  With that, they'll take risks, play more direct and at a higher tempo.  So wide players may be more tempted to get the ball into the box sooner than they may otherwise do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I defend my flanks in a narrow 4132? Once the opposition is in midfield->attack consolidation they drag my midfield passing the ball to one flank to the other. My whole midfield falls apart and my fullbacks gets isolated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bosque said:

How can I defend my flanks in a narrow 4132? Once the opposition is in midfield->attack consolidation they drag my midfield passing the ball to one flank to the other. My whole midfield falls apart and my fullbacks gets isolated.

You have a DM that can get involved and also the outside central midfielders.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I started the new team again. My favourite - a lower league, but one who should fight for promotion. And either I make the same mistakes or there are some problems I cannot see any solution to.

When I play against any except extremely weak team (ie. two tiers below me), I may win in the end, but when I watch the game my players seems to play awfully. Really awfully. They

  • send the throw-ins directly to the feet of opponents
  • ignore my instructions (both in game and during set pieces)
  • instead of simple pass to totally free player, they dribble/hold/long pass and lose the ball
  • when having tons of space and time they pass absolutely askew
  • they never stand in between the opponent with the ball and other players when marking

When I say they do, it seems like almost always. No matter what attributes of the player say. No sign of them being in bad mental condition. And - the opponents seem like they almost never do such things. Their passes are clinically precise no matter how long or how pressed the players are, their decisions are almost always right in the moment, my players have hardly any space. No matter how inferior the team is.

The same thing happened to me about ten times, probably always when I start the new team. I have never had any statistics on this matter but I believe I am at least partly objective, not making things up from the pure frustration.

So my question is - does it happen to everyone? And if not - did it happen to anyone and what did you do?

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Pp6 said:

So my question is - does it happen to everyone? And if not - did it happen to anyone and what did you do?

Welcome to the forum :).

If your team are under performing in the manner you describe then generally speaking this may show some fundamental problems with your tactical system and perhaps how your players have gelled as a unit.  Are your players fully familiar with your tactic?  Have they blended well together?  (Tactics screen > Feedback).

However, in order to be able to offer you more specific advice in relation to tactical issues, could you please start a new thread and fully detail your system.  Screenshots would also help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, herne79 said:

Welcome to the forum :).

If your team are under performing in the manner you describe then generally speaking this may show some fundamental problems with your tactical system and perhaps how your players have gelled as a unit.  Are your players fully familiar with your tactic?  Have they blended well together?  (Tactics screen > Feedback).

However, in order to be able to offer you more specific advice in relation to tactical issues, could you please start a new thread and fully detail your system.  Screenshots would also help.

Thanks for answer. The expected one. I am fully aware I may have something tactically completely wrong. But it is very hard to experiment and find out the right solution (what is I'd prefer to asking specific questions) when my players simply don't do the very basic things. Do simple throw-ins lost show at problems with my tactics?

And concerning team blending and familiarity - of course they are not! It is the beginning of the season. But! How is it possible the other teams look like they played together the last few years and their players know the positions of their teammates even blind? Well, maybe this is the question I should ask first - does tactics (un)familiarity and team (un)blending relate also to computer-controlled teams?

Because my next steps will depend on this answer. If positive, I'll really start to ask because it means I am completely lost (and it is very possible). But if the answer is no, the need to get your team blended together and familiar with tactics concerns only the human-controlled team, it may just mean "wait until they become such".

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Pp6 said:

And concerning team blending and familiarity - of course they are not! It is the beginning of the season. But! How is it possible the other teams look like they played together the last few years and their players know the positions of their teammates even blind? Well, maybe this is the question I should ask first - does tactics (un)familiarity and team (un)blending relate also to computer-controlled teams?

Tactic familiarity and team blending affects all teams, AI and human controlled alike.  As does morale, injuries and everything else.

As you are at the beginning of the season, how did you spend pre-season?  A good strategy for pre-season is to arrange plenty of friendlies, set General Training to Team Cohesion and Match Preparation to Tactics.  That way by the time actual competitive matches start your team should be in a good position from a team blending and tactic familiarity perspective.

But of course if your tactical system isn't as robust as hoped for, all the cohesion and familiarity in the world isn't going to do much good.  I'd much rather have a good tactic which my players are unfamiliar with than a poor tactic the players know inside out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, herne79 said:

Tactic familiarity and team blending affects all teams, AI and human controlled alike.  As does morale, injuries and everything else.

As you are at the beginning of the season, how did you spend pre-season?  A good strategy for pre-season is to arrange plenty of friendlies, set General Training to Team Cohesion and Match Preparation to Tactics.  That way by the time actual competitive matches start your team should be in a good position from a team blending and tactic familiarity perspective.

But of course if your tactical system isn't as robust as hoped for, all the cohesion and familiarity in the world isn't going to do much good.  I'd much rather have a good tactic which my players are unfamiliar with than a poor tactic the players know inside out.

That's exactly the answer I needed ... so the new thread is started, just as recommended. I believe I need to correct not only my tactics but my whole thinking about it. That's all for now and here, other advice is welcome in the above mentioned thread. Thanks for help till now

Link to post
Share on other sites

Erm ... I have some basic mathematics problem. My Board screen says - Coaching Staff: 5 (see picture). But at the Coaches screen in Training section, I count only four (see picture). What do I have wrong? Does the manager (aka me) counts as one of the coaching staff?

MissingCoach1.jpg.df25fbf493740667c744f41c811e780e.jpg MissingCoach2.thumb.jpg.848f0c4c902d22214efe98faa93fa75c.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a good central forward, but he seems to have the attributes to succeed at inside forward (attack) as well, which suits my tactic. But if he has PPT 'comes deep to get ball' influence his fit on this position. Comes deep to get ball and the attacking inside forward role seem to contradict.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, michelb86 said:

I bought a good central forward, but he seems to have the attributes to succeed at inside forward (attack) as well, which suits my tactic. But if he has PPT 'comes deep to get ball' influence his fit on this position. Comes deep to get ball and the attacking inside forward role seem to contradict.

Is there a question?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ferrarinseb said:

A Question about Staff , Will it help if i have Same Tactic (preferred) for main staff like Assistant Manager/ General Manager / HoYD 

Say If HOYD has same tactic preference will he bring the youth players fitting to my tactic 

It helps in the case of your assistant (in a minor way) as the advice he gives you will be more toward his own preferences. If he prefers the same formation and style as what you do, the advice he gives will actually be relevant. But it's a minor point and for the most part, people don't really listen to the assistant.

For HoYD, it does affect the positions of players he brings through, not necessarily the correct roles/type of player though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Pp6 said:

Erm ... I have some basic mathematics problem. My Board screen says - Coaching Staff: 5 (see picture). But at the Coaches screen in Training section, I count only four (see picture). What do I have wrong? Does the manager (aka me) counts as one of the coaching staff?

MissingCoach1.jpg.df25fbf493740667c744f41c811e780e.jpg MissingCoach2.thumb.jpg.848f0c4c902d22214efe98faa93fa75c.jpg

It does appear that this is the case, although maybe someone else can clarify. It's not something I've paid much attention to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It helps in the case of your assistant (in a minor way) as the advice he gives you will be more toward his own preferences. If he prefers the same formation and style as what you do, the advice he gives will actually be relevant. But it's a minor point and for the most part, people don't really listen to the assistant.

For HoYD, it does affect the positions of players he brings through, not necessarily the correct roles/type of player though.

Thanks for the info. 

Another stupid question what is the squad personality , I took over City and it shows that Highly Ambitious and i took a look at other teams 

Arsenal - Highly Professional 

Man Utd - Highly Professional

Barcelona - Professional

Real Madrid - Highly Professional

Bayern -  Highly Ambitious

Juventus - Very Determined 

PSG - Highly Ambitious

these are just some of the big teams but what is actual Squad personality would be best to thrive for if there is any. 

Would the Squad personality helps to lure youngsters and other big players more than other teams if we are winning and having a good record in league and European championships 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think squad personality is like an average of all the personalities of the team, not sure how it's weighted. I could be wrong.

In general though, according to Cleon's Ajax thread, you want players with professional personalities (including Spirited and Resolute) for the best chance of reaching their potential. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ferrarinseb said:

Would the Squad personality helps to lure youngsters and other big players more than other teams if we are winning and having a good record in league and European championships 

No.  Squad personality can have an influence on individual player personality.  So a highly professional squad (for example) may help to develop the personality of players who are not quite so professional.

It can also work in reverse, so squads with less favourable personalities could actually worsen an individual's personality.

And just to add to your question on preferred formations, if you haven't selected youth / reserve teams to play with your tactics then those managers will tend to use formations that match their preferred formation instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, herne79 said:

No.  Squad personality can have an influence on individual player personality.  So a highly professional squad (for example) may help to develop the personality of players who are not quite so professional.

It can also work in reverse, so squads with less favourable personalities could actually worsen an individual's personality.

And just to add to your question on preferred formations, if you haven't selected youth / reserve teams to play with your tactics then those managers will tend to use formations that match their preferred formation instead.

Ah ok, So the Squad personality only for Player Development mostly which gives us Clue about how the development can be in that particular team. About last point i always choose the Players in Youth / Reserve teams to play with my tactics. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How should i setup preseason training?

I used to do it like this; no "position/role" training and no "additional focus" training so i could use "very high" intensity level in team training.

What i have noticed while doing this method is that attributes don't go up as much as i would like them to. I haven't compared it to other methods though so i'm not sure, maybe it's like that because players are very unfit from holidays?

Would it be better to use "position/role" training and/or "addidional focus" at the cost of less intense team training?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hxp said:

How should i setup preseason training?

I used to do it like this; no "position/role" training and no "additional focus" training so i could use "very high" intensity level in team training.

What i have noticed while doing this method is that attributes don't go up as much as i would like them to. I haven't compared it to other methods though so i'm not sure, maybe it's like that because players are very unfit from holidays?

Would it be better to use "position/role" training and/or "addidional focus" at the cost of less intense team training?

Pre-season is generally regarded as the time to improve morale, get tactic familiarity sorted, make sure your players have gelled and ensure players are match fit before competitive games begin.  Nothing (or at best very little) to do with attribute development.

- Move the slider to maximum Match Preparation and set Match Prep to Tactics (to improve tactic familiarity)

- Set General Training to Team Cohesion (to get your players to gel)

- Schedule a friendly every 3 or 4 days (to improve player match fitness)

- Schedule some / all of those friendlies against weak teams (to make sure you win and so boost morale)

Once you are done with pre-season, then re-jig things to focus on attribute development.

1 hour ago, michelb86 said:

Yes, how does the 'Comes deep to get ball' PPM influences a player when he is put in the Inside Forward Attacking role?

He'll still come deep on occasion, perhaps just not as often as if he had a support duty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Do having a low tempo for any mentality means they take more time to get forward instead of rushing towards goal

Say Lower Tempo with Control mentality 

It's lowER tempo. All you're doing is lowering the default tempo, so in your example Control can never, ever be low tempo.

All that tempo is, is to tell players how long to hold onto the ball before making a decision to shoot, cross, pass or run with it. So yes, the ball will be worked forward slower with lowER tempo compared to default tempo, because each player will hold onto it slightly longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It's lowER tempo. All you're doing is lowering the default tempo, so in your example Control can never, ever be low tempo.

All that tempo is, is to tell players how long to hold onto the ball before making a decision to shoot, cross, pass or run with it. So yes, the ball will be worked forward slower with lowER tempo compared to default tempo, because each player will hold onto it slightly longer.

Ah yes this is what i asked last time thanks again.

So this is what i understand the mentality means risk the higher mentality the higher they take risk which increases the tempo. 

But we can slightly adjust how much they can push forward by lowering or upping it 

is that what it does 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ferrarinseb said:

Ah yes this is what i asked last time thanks again.

So this is what i understand the mentality means risk the higher mentality the higher they take risk which increases the tempo. 

But we can slightly adjust how much they can push forward by lowering or upping it 

is that what it does 

Yes, Contain has the lowest tempo, stepping up to Overload which has the highest.

I'm not sure what you mean by how much they push forward though. Tempo won't affect how much or how little forward the team or a player gets. It just affects how long a player keeps the ball before deciding what to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Yes, Contain has the lowest tempo, stepping up to Overload which has the highest.

I'm not sure what you mean by how much they push forward though. Tempo won't affect how much or how little forward the team or a player gets. It just affects how long a player keeps the ball before deciding what to do.

Ah ok so that only effect how long he will keep the ball and his decision making makes where to pass the ball by giving the player ample time. I thought of it increases the urgency of taking the ball from defense to attack with move forward quickly hence push forward 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Ah yes this is what i asked last time thanks again.

So this is what i understand the mentality means risk the higher mentality the higher they take risk which increases the tempo. 

But we can slightly adjust how much they can push forward by lowering or upping it 

is that what it does 

 

12 minutes ago, ferrarinseb said:

Ah ok so that only effect how long he will keep the ball and his decision making makes where to pass the ball by giving the player ample time. I thought of it increases the urgency of taking the ball from defense to attack with move forward quickly hence push forward 

Just to add a little, Mentality can affect how much players push forward but it has nothing to do with Tempo.

As hunt3r's already mentioned, Tempo affects how long a player may dwell on the ball before deciding what to do with it.

Mentality affects much more than just Tempo.  Amongst other things it can also modify individual player mentality, which can affect how quickly a player may get forward.  So a Fullback (support) for example may be more willing to get forwards faster if you select the Attacking mentality than if you select the Defend mentality.  You can graphically see this in the UI - select a player, open up the Player Instruction screen and in there you will see a green (or is it blue, I can never remember) bar labelled Mentality.  Notice it change as you change the team Mentality.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, herne79 said:

 

Just to add a little, Mentality can affect how much players push forward but it has nothing to do with Tempo.

As hunt3r's already mentioned, Tempo affects how long a player may dwell on the ball before deciding what to do with it.

Mentality affects much more than just Tempo.  Amongst other things it can also modify individual player mentality, which can affect how quickly a player may get forward.  So a Fullback (support) for example may be more willing to get forwards faster if you select the Attacking mentality than if you select the Defend mentality.  You can graphically see this in the UI - select a player, open up the Player Instruction screen and in there you will see a green (or is it blue, I can never remember) bar labelled Mentality.  Notice it change as you change the team Mentality.

Its Green.  Thanks for explanation guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What causes players to suddenly lose their ambition (besides tutoring)?

I have a player who was very ambitious (dark green) and now his ambition became red.

edit: I just realized my squad personality changed from ambitious to professional so it showed his professionalism instead of ambition. :rolleyes:

Edited by hxp
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the simple way of asking this question is: will adding get further forward to a B2B bring his mentality more in line with a CM A?

 For a bit of info on my roles - ST - CF S, AML - AP A, MCL-BWM S, AMR- W S. I think I initially thought that with Benassi's 16 OTB and roam from position he'd be a bit more aggressive I guess, like he'd roam to provide support in behind if the winger couldn't beat his man etc.  I've noticed that Lanzini (AML) will cut inside, and will either use the CF S' run as a decoy to take a shot from the edge of the box, or he'll play the pass, and it does make me think that if I had a more aggressive CM forward it would either provide more space for Lanzini or provide another attacking player for him. I'm not worried about overcommitting too much. We have a W S, the Rb is a FB S, and we have an anchor too. I'm more worried about the transition up the pitch, and whether a CM attack would be too eager to get forward and would leave us struggling to get it up top, although obviously the ball will often find it's way towards Lanzini. I've considered changing Borthwick-Jackson to a WB A so he'd be willing to dribble up the pitch, but the reason I went for a FB A in the first place was his dribbling simply isn't good, even if his crossing is great, so I'm staying away from that if possible.

God I've rambled a bit here but yeah to sum up. Will get further forward put the B2B more in line with the CM A's mentality, or will he retain the support mentality just with the ability to get forward a bit quicker? I do feel stupid because the obvious answer in my mind is if I want the rcm to get forward quicker, I should go with the higher mentality, I think I'm just hoping there's a way of retaining the B2B's defensive work haha!

Edited by arwelt
Link to post
Share on other sites

Found this while perusing the FAQ under injury prevention ...

Quote

Match Sharpness - Particularly important during pre-season or after a player returns from injury. Low match sharpness raises the chance of injury. The only way to increase match sharpness is by playing matches, so consider building the player up slowly with substitute appearances or low intensity non-competitive fixtures. You can also use the ‘Fitness’ training regime between matches to reduce the drop in match sharpness between matches.

I never thought of this. But even playing very regularly (1-2 matches a week, playing the whole match) many of my first team players are at 99% match sharpness, not 100% by the next match. We can only change the team setting once a week though. Does this mean any week where I have a match, I need to use Fitness to keep them at 100%?

Is there some other way to keep them at 100% match sharpness playing once a week? Like having general training set to high or low? Or giving them extra rest days? Or some other thing I don't realize might have an impact?

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Found this while perusing the FAQ under injury prevention ...

I never thought of this. But even playing very regularly (1-2 matches a week, playing the whole match) many of my first team players are at 99% match sharpness, not 100% by the next match. We can only change the team setting once a week though. Does this mean any week where I have a match, I need to use Fitness to keep them at 100%?

Is there some other way to keep them at 100% match sharpness playing once a week? Like having general training set to high or low? Or giving them extra rest days? Or some other thing I don't realize might have an impact?

Unfortunately that is inaccurate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Does this mean any week where I have a match, I need to use Fitness to keep them at 100%?

Fitness does not give you increase match sharpness. That comes from playing football. And anything above 95% is fine. I even play them when they are 90%. They just need games to keep it up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info!

Any chance we could get the FAQs updated? :rolleyes: Since this is an SI site, I think many of us assume the FAQs are coming from authoritative sources. It also makes me (and I assume others) question how accurate any of the other things are.

I still feel like there is something I could be doing to keep match sharpness at 100%. I feel like I read something somewhere once that worked, but then I forgot about it, where I found it, what to do, etc. So I never made the tweak in my new save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very briefly - 
Match Sharpness increases when matches are played and decreases when they are not. It is only natural for it to fall in between matches, especially if "in between matches" is a week or more.
Some players will hold onto their Match Sharpness better than others, a indicator of this can be Natural Fitness.
During serious injury or long periods without football Match Sharpness can plummet to as low as 35%.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Joey Numbaz said:

Thanks for the info!

Any chance we could get the FAQs updated? :rolleyes: Since this is an SI site, I think many of us assume the FAQs are coming from authoritative sources. It also makes me (and I assume others) question how accurate any of the other things are.

I still feel like there is something I could be doing to keep match sharpness at 100%. I feel like I read something somewhere once that worked, but then I forgot about it, where I found it, what to do, etc. So I never made the tweak in my new save.

Those FAQs are unofficial, not directly from SI and based off of various sources. Presenting an official, more accurate source of information is something we would like to do and are looking into.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks! I didn't realize they were unofficial. Appreciate the quick replies.

Is the forum "Online Manual" linked above official? i.e. when it says that other attributes like Crossing impact corners, even though in the game, when setting up a corner, for the taker, it only shows the corner attribute, not Crossing; or for Free Kick Takers, where the manual says things like composure and concentration have impact, but the game only shows the Free kick taking attribute for the takers on the tactical set up display - do those things actually matter? For things like marking the near post, 6 different attributes are displayed. But for takers, only the one is there, which is why I ask. Thanks for any insight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...