Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

Is there a way to look how i set my team in past matches? for example I was playing 2 weeks ago against some team and I made few changes in my tac but then restore them to default.

Can i recover this instructions in other way then watching replay and try to recall them?

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

umm, where can i see the review of the season, like best and worst transfer of the season ect..

Not really a tactics question, but go to "[competition]", then something like overview?

Is there a way to look how i set my team in past matches? for example I was playing 2 weeks ago against some team and I made few changes in my tac but then restore them to default.

Can i recover this instructions in other way then watching replay and try to recall them?

No.

Not really a tactics question, but go to "[competition]", then something like overview?.

This was the best place I found for a stupid question (please refer me to the correct forum please).. and i still cannot find it..

This was the best place I found for a stupid question (please refer me to the correct forum please).. and i still cannot find it..

Click on the nation you want to view, it should go straight to the nation overview tab. Then one of the options for that tab is season summary and it should be what you're looking for.

I'm currently trying to put together my own training schedule and just wanted to ask a short (and possibly stupid) question about set pieces. Does penalty taking work for goalkeepers?, i noticed that the default goalkeeeper schedule has very low workload on set pieces which seems surprising, i have always thought goalkeepers need to train set pieces for penalty taking skill?

As it's almost certainly a stupid question... Does changing the set-piece settings for individual players in a creator-made tactic affect anything else? (For some reason I'm worried it'll end up converting it into a classic tactic or somesuch weirdness!)

Wheres that thread gone where some guy would test your tactic and make comments on it? I jsut want someones advice on a tactic i created but it doesnt seem to be working correctly...

I'm not 100% sure what you mean but if you upload a PKM or two, me and a few others in this thread will look at them and give feedback.

Hey,

This question is regarding the training schedule page where you assign your players different training regimes. Now on that page, these are green or red arrows next to each players name, under various attributes. What do these arrows mean?

I always thought that these means changes in skills in the appropriate skill attribute. But when I saw the changes in the corresponding skills (from the players page), these were not consistent.

Thanks and regards

thank you SCIAG.

A couple more questions please. I have a young 16 y.o. player. He does not fit into my youth squad. I put him on loan and best offers are from a lower division as a cover.

1) How important are the matches to the development to the player?

2) Would he still progress if I keep in my youth squad without the youth matches. Or would it be better for him to go into a lower division?

How would I go about playing Fabiano and Kanoute together for Sevilla?

Usually you are recommended to play one attacking and one supporting stirker however both these need to be further up the field to get the best out of them am I correct, so what player roles would you assign to each?

thank you SCIAG.

A couple more questions please. I have a young 16 y.o. player. He does not fit into my youth squad. I put him on loan and best offers are from a lower division as a cover.

1) How important are the matches to the development to the player?

2) Would he still progress if I keep in my youth squad without the youth matches. Or would it be better for him to go into a lower division?

1) They are the everything to his development when out on loan as you no longer control the shape of his attributes.

2) At 16, I'd keep him in the youth side unless he's outstanding.

I find the loan statuses can be misleading though, so it may be worth loaning him out anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
How to make Goalkeeper attack opponent goal, when losing by one in final minutes?

Set him to go up for corners?

Also, put him as a sweeper keeper (attack). The high mentality icnreases his chances of deciding to go forward.

How do I make a player stay higher up the pitch and not track an opposing player back who has the ball? For example: I want a left winger or striker of mine to NOT pursue the opposing team's right fullback ( or whoever else has the ball) into my defensive side of the pitch. The reason being that my defensive midfielders or fullback will make an interception, launch the ball upfield to the winger or striker who has now been left isolated by the opposition's attacking fullback.

This is a simlilar situation to the tactic Brazil used in this World Cup; where Robinho would rarely track opposition players who advanced and would then be left with space when Brazil intercepted the ball. This happened in the Brazil x Chile game when Robinho was able to score after that exact situation.

I have tried to adjust individual settings in the game to reflect this but my players always seem to want to track opposition players back into the defensive half. What do I need to do to get my players to stop pursuing/marking opposition players back into my defensive half?

Maybe this has been asked already, but I don't feel like going trough 11 pages.

I have nearly all the best coaches in the world but my training is only about 3-3,5 stats. Training facilities - 19. How can I reach max stars? By increasing reputation?

Maybe this has been asked already, but I don't feel like going trough 11 pages.

I have nearly all the best coaches in the world but my training is only about 3-3,5 stats. Training facilities - 19. How can I reach max stars? By increasing reputation?

Assign coaches to only one schedule?

Is it just impossible to get your assistant manager to follow your tactics? I play long games, so I tend to sim a lot of matches. I noticed that one of my players had a really long string of games with low ratings so I took a look at him and saw that he was exclusively being played as a winger even though he's a striker. The other problem with that is that my formation is a 4-3-3, so there shouldn't even be any wingers. Looked at the other players and figured out that it was being run as a 4-4-2.

I thought, 'ok, I've setup something wrong' and started looking around. When I go on holiday, I set match options to 'Use current match tactics'. Can't find anything else that might be changing this.

I look at my assistant manager and see that his favorite formation is a 4-4-2. So I fired him and got someone that liked a 4-3-3. He still ran a 4-4-2.

Hired a manager that liked 4-5-1 and built a 4-5-1. When I simmed the game, he ran a 4-4-2. Used a real-time editor to change his favorite to 4-3-3. He still ran a 4-2-2.

Modified all the players so they're only good at one particular position. 3 FCs, 3 MCs, 2 DCs, 1 DR, 1 DL. Still ran a 4-2-2.

I thought 'oh maybe it's because I'm using a custom database and something in there is throwing it off. Setup a new game with the vanilla database. 4-2-2.

Tried 10.2 and the release version as well. 4-2-2 every time.

Is this something that everyone else just knows and I'm just now realizing? If not, how do you get your assistant to run the tactic that you set? Playing every match isn't really feasible, because I like the seasons to move pretty fast and I usually just run a couple key games manually.

(For the record, when I sim a game I'm submitting the team and getting to the match analysis screen when I go on holiday, otherwise the assistant manager runs a totally different team, but that's another gripe entirely)

I've not seen that before Sorenson

The AI ass. manager will always use whatever tactic I've set, even without me having to press the "use tactic" checkbox

Try actually going into the match and then holidaying maybe?

Ok, weirdly enough after reinstalling it is working as it should when I go on holiday before going through team selection or starting the match. It still runs 4-4-2s if I finalize my team and then go on holiday, though. I can live with that.

Thanks

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Is training still worthwhile if a player's current ability has reached their potential? (Based on the stars displayed from reports)

Or is it wasted effort because they're never going to get better?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Is training still worthwhile if a player's current ability has reached their potential? (Based on the stars displayed from reports)

Or is it wasted effort because they're never going to get better?

Definitely worth it for two reasons:

1) The reports aren't 100% accurate, so they might not have reached their potential

2) Their attributes can still be redistributed (so, a striker might lose a bit in tackling but gain some finishing) once they've reached their peak, and training will help with this.

When you set your tactics and pick your team there are the coloured dots to tell you wether a player is accomplished in that position but there is also a coloured shield next to the players name (white, blue, green etc), what do these mean???????

Was just playing around with a 4-2-3-1 Deep formation and switching around the roles for the two defensive midfielders I noticed that a Defensive Midfielder on Support duty gets far more Creative Freedom than a Deep Lying Playmaker also on Support duty. This seems very odd to me. Surely the other way around would be more appropiate?

hey iknow its a stupid question but how do i go about making my team get more clear cut chances? i have some players with run with ball sometiems and they just run inwards and then into trouble and dont pass yet everyone has throughballs often its just quite annoying :(

The counter attack button.

I click yes (which is the default for the attacking tactic) and I play fine and I concede three in seven.

I click no and my defenders become terrible.

What does it do and why does it change my team's success rate?

I also score more counter attacking goals with it off than on.

The counter attack button.

I click yes (which is the default for the attacking tactic) and I play fine and I concede three in seven.

I click no and my defenders become terrible.

What does it do and why does it change my team's success rate?

I also score more counter attacking goals with it off than on.

Counter Attack tick box does the following mechanically:_

If the number of opposition attackers in front/behind the ball reaches a set value then

Mentality is set to 20

Forward Runs are increased

[paraphrasing here]

As for why you suddenly play poorer with it unticked I haven't a clue, but it definitely isn't a simple causation.

I hope someone can give me a quick 2 line answer to what 'focus passing' really is, because I am confused about what it means tactically, and whether it is different to 'playing through the middle'.

If you play with wingers, you may want to use 'down both flanks.' If no wingers, maybe just down the middle.

This question may have been answered before, but I've done a search and nothing came up.

My assistant manager has been complaining for the last five seasons about the gap between the midfield and attack. Now, I play a fairly offensive 4-4-2 and I've tried a diamond formation, but the AssMan keeps saying the same thing. I'm using FM09 but I don't think that matters too much, my friend gets the same problem with FM10.

Is there a way to shut my assistant manager up? Seeing the same advice for five seasons running is a wee bit annoying! Perhaps I should just sack him, but if you have some tactical advice for me, that would be great. :)