Jump to content

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)


Recommended Posts

I really want to sort my set pieces out because I rarely score them and always seem to concede even when focussing on them during training.

What attributes are important at either end of the field. I'm guessing jumping and heading are the big ones. How about anticipation, bravery, strength, off the ball? Obviously marking for defending set pieces.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, brookie1402 said:

I really want to sort my set pieces out because I rarely score them and always seem to concede even when focussing on them during training.

What attributes are important at either end of the field. I'm guessing jumping and heading are the big ones. How about anticipation, bravery, strength, off the ball? Obviously marking for defending set pieces.

if you go to the set pieces, it will have a list of attributes required for each set piece role

so if you want some one shooting from edge of box, long shots.  if you want passing etc go for that. seen a lot of people say they dont even touch it and it goes fine for them, maybe you are making it worse?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lemeuresnew said:

if you go to the set pieces, it will have a list of attributes required for each set piece role

so if you want some one shooting from edge of box, long shots.  if you want passing etc go for that. seen a lot of people say they dont even touch it and it goes fine for them, maybe you are making it worse?

I probably am making it worse! It's more the defensive side. I can use the list of attributes required for each role but I then need a view to see which of my players is most suited to which job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brookie1402 said:

I probably am making it worse! It's more the defensive side. I can use the list of attributes required for each role but I then need a view to see which of my players is most suited to which job.

 think you just have to remember. you also need to remember it will change according to who is in that position. so even, for instance, you have one full back good in the air, it is best not to have him mark a tall player if you rotate him a lot as the replacement probably wont be. if that makes sense?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brookie1402 said:

I probably am making it worse! It's more the defensive side. I can use the list of attributes required for each role but I then need a view to see which of my players is most suited to which job.

Marking, heading and positioning are the ones you should be looking out for. At corners I usually have somebody on each post, a player zonally marking each end of the six yard box, three man markers and a player at the edge of the box whilst leaving two upfront.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My usual set up is one man on the far post, 3 zonal markers across the centre of the six yard box, one on the edge of the box, and 5 man markers. Maybe that is owing to my downfall then as I have no one up front the opposition can just pile players into my box.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way of permanently assigning my striker to mark an opponent playing in a particular position?

For instance, if I want him to mark a full back, regardless of who's playing there, can I set this pre-match of do I have to wait until the game has started, pause it, and assign the duty in PI?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please Note

When posting in this thread, remember what it is called.  It's designed for short questions and thus (hopefully !) quick answers (although I appreciate sometimes short questions require fairly long answers).  This helps keep the forum from being inundated with each short question being asked as a new topic.

If you aren't asking a short question, please start a new discussion thread.  If this thread gets into long questions and discussions, these short questions can easily get missed and people go unanswered.

Thanks :thup:.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

Match training dictates what specific type of training will be implemented with the next match in mind, so this needs most adapting in my opinion. As match tactics comes under this I tend to have that as the 'default option' especially until the tactical familiarity is high (this is what actually builds tactical familiarity) of my chosen formations and when I don't need to worry about a specific opponent, i.e. pre-season is ideal to build this.

Likewise I also use team cohesion usually solely only in pre-season to aid new signings to blend with the rest of the squad. I rarely use teamwork, I would imagine this aids with that given mental attribute of your players and may be effective for teams which implement tactics in which it could be a prominent attribute (i.e. high press) or if your team is particularly struggling in that department (squad depth report would highlight this) but as I say I don't tend to use it so that's just my 'common sense approach' to it. 'Balanced' is my default option here and I rarely deviate from it. I don't notice much effects from this side of things though tbh. I just 'play along' for realism.

 

So 'Match Tactics' in match preparation will help players become familiar with the tactics I use. That is what I thought and makes sense.

 

Is there a definitive answer as to what 'Teamwork' match prep and 'Team cohesion' in general training does (they both have similar vague tooltips) and is there a way of gauging how effective the training of these are? Bar charts/graphs etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Barf_Vader said:

Is there a definitive answer as to what 'Teamwork' match prep and 'Team cohesion' in general training does (they both have similar vague tooltips) and is there a way of gauging how effective the training of these are? Bar charts/graphs etc?

As I understand it, both work to increase team cohesion. You can get an assessment of its current level from your Assistant Manager by navigating to Tactics > Analysis > Team Talk Feedback. At the top you can see his view on morale and cohesion.

The next question is of course 'how does it affect performance', but that one is tough to give a definitive answer to, other than 'higher is better'.

Edit: I forgot, I believe Squad Harmony on the Confidence page also indicates the same.

Edited by eriktous
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to note is that you do not need to use a counter attack mentality to actually counter attack. Counter attacks are initiated automatically, and regardless of what team instructions you have once a counter attack is initiated within the match engine then the instructions are overridden. For example you could instruct your team to play at a lower tempo, with short passing, but a counter attack would result in direct passes and higher tempo.

One thing that video does demonstrate though is the goalkeeper distributing quickly lol. Seriously Neuer started so many of them throwing quickly towards the halfway line...

In saying all of that though I tend to sit deep regardless of who I play and let the opposition attack me, I then tend to "exploit the flanks" at high tempo and with direct passing. I also don't play out of defence, and I use ball playing defenders. I use a structured shape as I want larger gaps between each bank of players, and I don't want my defenders attacking or helping in transitions, neither do I want my attacking players tracking back, I want them to be as high up as possible. Whether my theory is correct or not I try and do as much as possible to exploit the space behind my opposition as quickly as possible.

Edited by OCD
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pivot said:

How to play like that? Very wide, structured, high tempo, counterattack mentality, mixed passes?

That is not a short question, as it there are lot of things that go into designing a system. Please start a separate thread for this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something I'm curious about.

Are there fundamental differences between player roles aside from the player instructions? Perhaps something going on "under the hood".

What I mean is if I set player instructions on a central midfield role to mimic a box to box role in terms of player instructions, would the two roles play out differently?

Because as you know a central midfielder on support has no player instructions set at all, and I'm intrigued whether there would be any difference at all if I set the exact same player instructions as another role.

Edited by OCD
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, OCD said:

Here's something I'm curious about.

Are there fundamental differences between player roles aside from the player instructions? Perhaps something going on "under the hood".

What I mean is if I set player instructions on a central midfield role to mimic a box to box role in terms of player instructions, would the two roles play out differently?

Because as you know a central midfielder on support has no player instructions set at all, and I'm intrigued whether there would be any difference at all if I set the exact same player instructions as another role.

There will be differences, some larger some smaller than others.  The larger differences relate to playmaker roles as they are coded as "ball magnets" which can't be replicated using a neutral role.  Smaller differences relate to variations in player mentality or creative freedom but aren't always noticeable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, herne79 said:

There will be differences, some larger some smaller than others.  The larger differences relate to playmaker roles as they are coded as "ball magnets" which can't be replicated using a neutral role.  Smaller differences relate to variations in player mentality or creative freedom but aren't always noticeable.

Thanks for the response. Yes I had read that certain roles like playmakers as you say, and target men tend to be "ball magnets" in certain situations.

I was just curious whether other roles had under the hood differences specific to the role, perhaps like a box to box acting slightly differently than a cm on a support duty with the same player instruction.

I guess ultimately it doesn't matter as I could just use a specific role as opposed to using a generic and making it identical in terms of player instructions, but I was really curious :)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, brookie1402 said:

What does the 'Confidence' part of this screen mean? It is on the tactical advice screen.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 19.39.14.png

It just means that he's recommending 5 or 6 Defend duties for the 10 outfield players. The rest then obviously will have either Support or Attack duties.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2017 at 15:06, herne79 said:

It's the same principle as reloading the same match and getting a different result each time.  No two matches will be the same, so you can expect different results.  Further, no two saves will be exactly the same either, so again results will differ.

Stamina can increase naturally over time, but if a players' Stamina is especially low there's no harm in focusing on it for a while.

 

after few time trying, it seems hard to improve player stamina. some of low stamin player still got low stamina until they were 23 years old. while there's improvement, it still low. usually improvement just 2-3 points after few years. seems the training doesnt work with them.. few even becoming unhappy for additional training

any suggestion to improve my youth's stamina level?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hanan96 said:

after few time trying, it seems hard to improve player stamina. some of low stamin player still got low stamina until they were 23 years old. while there's improvement, it still low. usually improvement just 2-3 points after few years. seems the training doesnt work with them.. few even becoming unhappy for additional training

any suggestion to improve my youth's stamina level?

Make sure your players have the right personality (high levels of Professionalism and Ambition) to train well.

And do some/all of the following (you need to take control of Training under Staff Responsibilities for these to work):

Set their individual training focus to Stamina.

Set their role training to something that includes Stamina work.

Set your team General Training to Physical as that will focus the team on developing their Physical attributes (which includes Stamina).

And make sure they actually play in matches, so if your Youth squad is too large trim it down to ensure the players you want to develop are playing often.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2017 at 19:57, TheUnderdog said:

Is there a way of permanently assigning my striker to mark an opponent playing in a particular position?

For instance, if I want him to mark a full back, regardless of who's playing there, can I set this pre-match of do I have to wait until the game has started, pause it, and assign the duty in PI?

 

 

Anyone know the answer to this? Or do I have to manually assign marking duties once the game starts?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 star coaching vs 3 star coaching & effect of facilities

Does 5 star coaching (by this I mean a training category i.e. Aerobic with 5 stars because I have a top class coach);

increase the rate at which my players attributes increase?

Or does it increase the chance of my players reaching their maximum potential?

Or both?

I'm forever chasing the best coaches to try and get all my training cat's to 4.5/5 stars, but after playing for over 20 years I realised I don't actually know why? Or how it links into my training facilities etc.

if I have a player with 3 star CA and 5 star PA... can he get to 5 star CA with 3 star coaches... but slowly? Or is there a ceiling on his attributes based on my coaches deficiencies?

If all my training categories are 5 star but my facilities are average... does this have a tangible effect on a) the rate of attribute increase b) how high the players attributes can go?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheUnderdog said:

Anyone know the answer to this? Or do I have to manually assign marking duties once the game starts?

 

Sorry, I never use man marking duties so no idea if you can assign them permanently or each match.

14 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Probably been asked a 1000 times, but I read it many times, that 1/2 through the / any season the AI reads your tactics etc. ; & it goes pear shape.

Any ideas / solution [s ] please guys?

The AI doesn't read your tactic.  If that's what you've read many times then many times you have been given false information.

The AI can however adapt and change how they play against you based on a variety of factors including (but not limited to) your team's reputation and success.  That will begin as soon as you start playing matches, not just half way through a season.  The solution is to recognise this and adapt your own team (if needed) if/when this happens.

10 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

5 star coaching vs 3 star coaching & effect of facilities

Does 5 star coaching (by this I mean a training category i.e. Aerobic with 5 stars because I have a top class coach);

increase the rate at which my players attributes increase?

Or does it increase the chance of my players reaching their maximum potential?

Or both?

I'm forever chasing the best coaches to try and get all my training cat's to 4.5/5 stars, but after playing for over 20 years I realised I don't actually know why? Or how it links into my training facilities etc.

if I have a player with 3 star CA and 5 star PA... can he get to 5 star CA with 3 star coaches... but slowly? Or is there a ceiling on his attributes based on my coaches deficiencies?

If all my training categories are 5 star but my facilities are average... does this have a tangible effect on a) the rate of attribute increase b) how high the players attributes can go?

 

Better coaches improve the quality of training and the likelihood of seeing ability improvements.  This can also help players reach their potential and with greater alacrity (although other factors also influence that such as playing time, injuries, training facilities and so on).

You also can't really compare a 5 star player with a 3 star coach as the star ratings are different - players are rated against their team mates and playing level, coaches are just a bad to good rating.  A 5 star player in a division 4 club would probably be a one star player at a top division club, whereas a 5 star coach would be 5 star wherever he was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a quite successful narrow tactics that I enjoy using. However, I want to experiment with a different version of it, and I am looking for advice and feedback.

Current setup:

GK - GK D

Backs - WB D/S

DCs - CB D

 

MC - BWM S

MC - CM A

 

AMC - AP S

 

ST - DF S

ST - AF/CF A

 

If I wanted to use wingers, would a conversion to the formation below mimic it enough to be basically the same:

GK, DEF and MC's stay the same

 

AMR - IF A

AML - IF S

ST - DF/CF S

 

In short, the one striker and AMC are converted to wide players

Edited by Mr_Demus
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, herne79 said:

A 5 star player in a division 4 club would probably be a one star player at a top division club, whereas a 5 star coach would be 5 star wherever he was.

Good point well made. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably been asked a 1000 times, but I read it many times, that 1/2 through the / any season the AI reads your tactics etc. ; & it goes pear shape.

Any ideas / solution [s ] please guys?

The AI doesn't read your tactic.  If that's what you've read many times then many times you have been given false information.

The AI can however adapt and change how they play against you based on a variety of factors including (but not limited to) your team's reputation and success.  That will begin as soon as you start playing matches, not just half way through a season.  The solution is to recognise this and adapt your own team (if needed) if/when this happens.

Herne79, thanks for reply. so when it says that QPR are `punching above their weight / doing better than expected` - the Team`s success is exceeding Reputation?.

I plan to change players. I don`t really want to change Tactics / Formation. I played with a 2nd Tactic & lost all 3 times 3-0. How do I recognise? - tweak Tactic ?

thx in adv

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a stupid question, but hey... How do you guys decide when to let a player that starts moaning about leaving for a better club, go? Let's say he's one of your key players and Real Madrid come in with an offer. You don't need the money and he still has 2-3 years left on his contract. Do you let him go if he goes moaning to media or do you just keep him no matter what, since he obviously still has a lot of time on his contract and he won't be easy to replace? When do you decide it's better to sell him?

I personally maybe sometimes hold onto my players too much, if they're decent. I don't know when it's better to sell them than to force them to stay. I know that a player's morale goes to **** for a month or two, but sometimes he drops the issue immediately after the transfer window. I usually get a lot of offers for my best players and if I accepted every single one, I wouldn't ever be able to build my squad. How big of a deal is it really, if you force a player to stay?

Edited by MeMyself2k13
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Probably been asked a 1000 times, but I read it many times, that 1/2 through the / any season the AI reads your tactics etc. ; & it goes pear shape.

Any ideas / solution [s ] please guys?

The AI doesn't read your tactic.  If that's what you've read many times then many times you have been given false information.

The AI can however adapt and change how they play against you based on a variety of factors including (but not limited to) your team's reputation and success.  That will begin as soon as you start playing matches, not just half way through a season.  The solution is to recognise this and adapt your own team (if needed) if/when this happens.

Herne79, thanks for reply. so when it says that QPR are `punching above their weight / doing better than expected` - the Team`s success is exceeding Reputation?.

I plan to change players. I don`t really want to change Tactics / Formation. I played with a 2nd Tactic & lost all 3 times 3-0. How do I recognise? - tweak Tactic ?

thx in adv

It means they are exceeding expectations - at the start of each season your team has a media predicted finishing position in the league.

And you may need to consider short term vs long term.  Short term you may need to make tactical changes to grind out results until such time as you can bring in better players.

44 minutes ago, MeMyself2k13 said:

Probably a stupid question, but hey... How do you guys decide when to let a player that starts moaning about leaving for a better club, go? Let's say he's one of your key players and Real Madrid come in with an offer. You don't need the money and he still has 2-3 years left on his contract. Do you let him go if he goes moaning to media or do you just keep him no matter what, since he obviously still has a lot of time on his contract and he won't be easy to replace? When do you decide it's better to sell him?

I personally maybe sometimes hold onto my players too much, if they're decent. I don't know when it's better to sell them than to force them to stay. I know that a player's morale goes to **** for a month or two, but sometimes he drops the issue immediately after the transfer window. I usually get a lot of offers for my best players and if I accepted every single one, I wouldn't ever be able to build my squad. How big of a deal is it really, if you force a player to stay?

Not really a Tactics or Training question (thread title ;)), but it depends what you want to do and how you play the game.

If you don't want to sell, don't.  Sure the player's morale will be lowered (watch the language in this forum please) but eventually they'll recover, and it probably won't impact their on pitch performance anyway.  I had a recent offer for my star striker, he wasn't happy I rejected, morale was abysmal, team mates were taking his side - I played them all next match, we won 4-0 with the striker scoring a hat trick.  So yeh, morale...:rolleyes:

Alternatively you could consider that everyone has a price and play the game that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/02/2017 at 04:51, HUNT3R said:

It just means that he's recommending 5 or 6 Defend duties for the 10 outfield players. The rest then obviously will have either Support or Attack duties.

I meant the part where it says 'Confidence' and 'Little Knowledge' next to his name. What does this relate to?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you increase role familiarity substantially? Right now I have Ben Woodburn who my scouts are convinced can be a huge player, he's natural at Advanced Forward and can play some other roles as well but my system uses a CF, a role that for some reason he's completely ineffectual at. In general I've found that it's extremely difficult to find regens who can play CF.

I have him training as a CF but I haven't seen any changes to his familiarity with it yet. Is there any hope for him or should I look elsewhere?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bar333 said:

Can you increase role familiarity substantially? Right now I have Ben Woodburn who my scouts are convinced can be a huge player, he's natural at Advanced Forward and can play some other roles as well but my system uses a CF, a role that for some reason he's completely ineffectual at. In general I've found that it's extremely difficult to find regens who can play CF.

I have him training as a CF but I haven't seen any changes to his familiarity with it yet. Is there any hope for him or should I look elsewhere?

 

some roles like CF, Roaming playmaker, Treq have CA minimums before they are shown as suitable. I ignore it. If the player can play the role, whatever it is, play him there. The role suitability is just a general guide aimed at the casual player. If you know what you want from the role and player, then use whatever works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, brookie1402 said:

I meant the part where it says 'Confidence' and 'Little Knowledge' next to his name. What does this relate to?

That also means what it says. I'm assuming he's new? He'll need to build up his knowledge of the squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jstu9 said:

Would playing Counter but with higher tempo, higher defensive line, more closing down and a bit wider basically be the same as playing Standard?

Yes and no.

Whilst the Team Instruction settings you mention may end up broadly similar, changing Mentality changes more than just Team Instructions.  For example, Mentality also modifies individual player mentality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2017 at 16:18, herne79 said:

Make sure your players have the right personality (high levels of Professionalism and Ambition) to train well.

And do some/all of the following (you need to take control of Training under Staff Responsibilities for these to work):

Set their individual training focus to Stamina.

Set their role training to something that includes Stamina work.

Set your team General Training to Physical as that will focus the team on developing their Physical attributes (which includes Stamina).

And make sure they actually play in matches, so if your Youth squad is too large trim it down to ensure the players you want to develop are playing often.

 

I see. professionalism is the problem. And I got 2 player with this kind of problem. one got low proffesionalism, and good ambition, result poor stamina until age of 22. the other were low level at both proffesionalism and good ambition. this player PA is 185 but sadly, now he's 21 and stuck in 120, with coach keep saying he would be good player for serie B. I tried to play him in some matches, and seems he's really serie B player. keep playing sloppy, past 2 season I had already loan him out to serie b club and play at least 20 matches.

how should I deal with my 2 youngster? They got great pa, but weak in proffesionalism, and the other also at ambition

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 09:05, whoopy said:

what if we choose team shape as fluid whereas creative freedom was choosen as more disciplined ( this option also disallows roam from position option) ?

My belief (and you really should check with the experts) is that the "structured-flexible-fluid" choices are very misleadingly named.  The proper way to name them would be "vertical compactness."  To me, it seems to govern the spacing between your lines.

One of my huge complaints is that FM seems to work with "English football English" rather than just using English words with normal English definitions.  By that I mean they use words that mean something in English club football tactics.  An example is that "at sixes and sevens" is a cliché in Britain, but to an American, it's just a collection of words.  We have different phrases for different tactical ideas.

That's not an exclusively British thing; my wife is from Kenya and they have their own English language clichés.  (I'm not speaking exclusively about football here.)  I work with someone from India; she has her own clichés.  The mistake the game designers make is assuming that English as spoken in Britain is some kind of universal language.  Many of the complaints/misunderstandings on this thread come from this exact problem.  Words are used in the game incorrectly.  You would THINK that "fluid" would mean a centerback willing to maraud forward to take advantage of space, or that a forward would come back to the midfield to try to win a ball, but that's not really what you "see" when you watch matches.  "Fluid" merely means more vertically compact than "flexible."

The one most prominent example is that the counter setting isn't really setting you up to play the counter.  It just means less risky than standard and more risky than defensive.  Why they didn't just give it a name to reflect that who the hell knows.

Basically, when you, the player, want to implement your tactical ideas, you can't just look at your options and choose what you want.  You have to run your ideas through some kind of babelfish translator first.  That's poor game design.  And it's been that way ever since they got rid of wibble wobble.  That's just corporate arrogance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, superdave said:

 

The one most prominent example is that the counter setting isn't really setting you up to play the counter.  It just means less risky than standard and more risky than defensive.  Why they didn't just give it a name to reflect that who the hell knows.

 

I agree. Perhaps they should rename the "mentalities" to "risks" instead.

So they could have risks 1-7 (or a risk bar) and a description with each settings along the lines of "With this setting players will play slower, more compact and take less risk" on a lower risk (number setting), and "With this setting, players will play higher tempo, wider and take more risks" obviously a better description than what I've written lol, and obviously a description for each of the 7 settings.

Ultimately the team mentality settings are simply risk factors, a more attacking mentality will therefore mean players take more risks, play wider, higher tempo, more direct, close down more etc, and with a more defensive mentality meaning they take less risks, play narrower, lower tempo, shorter passes and close down less.

 

Edited by OCD
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, superdave said:

My belief (and you really should check with the experts) is that the "structured-flexible-fluid" choices are very misleadingly named.  The proper way to name them would be "vertical compactness."  To me, it seems to govern the spacing between your lines.

One of my huge complaints is that FM seems to work with "English football English" rather than just using English words with normal English definitions.  By that I mean they use words that mean something in English club football tactics.  An example is that "at sixes and sevens" is a cliché in Britain, but to an American, it's just a collection of words.  We have different phrases for different tactical ideas.

That's not an exclusively British thing; my wife is from Kenya and they have their own English language clichés.  (I'm not speaking exclusively about football here.)  I work with someone from India; she has her own clichés.  The mistake the game designers make is assuming that English as spoken in Britain is some kind of universal language.  Many of the complaints/misunderstandings on this thread come from this exact problem.  Words are used in the game incorrectly.  You would THINK that "fluid" would mean a centerback willing to maraud forward to take advantage of space, or that a forward would come back to the midfield to try to win a ball, but that's not really what you "see" when you watch matches.  "Fluid" merely means more vertically compact than "flexible."

The one most prominent example is that the counter setting isn't really setting you up to play the counter.  It just means less risky than standard and more risky than defensive.  Why they didn't just give it a name to reflect that who the hell knows.

Basically, when you, the player, want to implement your tactical ideas, you can't just look at your options and choose what you want.  You have to run your ideas through some kind of babelfish translator first.  That's poor game design.  And it's been that way ever since they got rid of wibble wobble.  That's just corporate arrogance.

Thanks for your answer,Turkish is my native language and I always compare phrases in the game with English and it has more or less the same meaning.To your presume about risks on mentalities,I can say that I disaragree with you.It's not just about risk in my opinion and the definition on mentalities are correct through my experience.The Best part of the game that I like most is it enables and leaves some parts unclear and this lead us to discuss for years :) If everything was totally clear I wouldn't be addict and Love this game that much :)

Edited by whoopy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a difference between different roles with the same instructions?

For example, Box to Box Midfielder (Support) and Central Midfielder (Support) + Roam From Position PI?

Is there something hardcoded in certain roles (except for playmakers and target man) that cannot be replicated with a different role with the same PIs?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

That also means what it says. I'm assuming he's new? He'll need to build up his knowledge of the squad.

He isn't new. He was a player for 7 years, then a u19s coach for 5 years, and he has now been assistant manager for 4 years all at the same club so his knowledge of the players should be quite high although there have been around 14 changes to the squad recently with ins and outs.

Sorry I might be being thick here but I still don't get it. For 'confidence' it says he has little knowledge but I don't know what this means. Does this mean that he doesn't have much knowledge about the confidence of the squad. And if so; what exactly is confidence of the squad - does it just mean morale? And while we are on the subject I get that he has little knowledge of 'squad management' but where is this information pulled from, i.e. are there attributes that attributes that determine this or will it just increase the more familiar he gets with the squad? I'll post the screenshot again because a new page has started. Any help with explaining this is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 19.39.14.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rummy said:

Is there a difference between different roles with the same instructions?

For example, Box to Box Midfielder (Support) and Central Midfielder (Support) + Roam From Position PI?

Is there something hardcoded in certain roles (except for playmakers and target man) that cannot be replicated with a different role with the same PIs?

 

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 00:47, herne79 said:

There will be differences, some larger some smaller than others.  The larger differences relate to playmaker roles as they are coded as "ball magnets" which can't be replicated using a neutral role.  Smaller differences relate to variations in player mentality or creative freedom but aren't always noticeable.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, brookie1402 said:

He isn't new. He was a player for 7 years, then a u19s coach for 5 years, and he has now been assistant manager for 4 years all at the same club so his knowledge of the players should be quite high although there have been around 14 changes to the squad recently with ins and outs.

Sorry I might be being thick here but I still don't get it. For 'confidence' it says he has little knowledge but I don't know what this means. Does this mean that he doesn't have much knowledge about the confidence of the squad. And if so; what exactly is confidence of the squad - does it just mean morale? And while we are on the subject I get that he has little knowledge of 'squad management' but where is this information pulled from, i.e. are there attributes that attributes that determine this or will it just increase the more familiar he gets with the squad? I'll post the screenshot again because a new page has started. Any help with explaining this is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 19.39.14.png

Could be his Tactical knowledge being low then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Could be his Tactical knowledge being low then?

His Tactical Knowledge attribute is 9 so it could be but if so it needs to be explained in game better than just 'confidence'. It would be nice to have an official concrete explanation as to what it means.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi stupid one coming up... does anyone actually score from corners? And if so, what are the most important things to consider? I used to (FM15) be able to ping them near post and have my best header there to knock it in. 

With my Cambridge save I don't have great big giant centre halves or fantastic set piece takers. Not a great start I know, but I'm sure I can do better with them and I get so many corners but no goals it is costing me as I'm drawing a lot of games at the minute. 

Any advice or a point in the direction of a thread already existing would be great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...