Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried searching but there were too many results to sift through.

My question is simple: How on earth do I make it so that every time I go into the game (in 2d mode) it opens with and stays in Classic Pitch View?

It used to open in the full screen mode, but for some reason after installation it switches between Classic Pitch View and the Information/Overview screen (which is a little annoying). I had seen the option once in game but just looked for ten minutes and am probably blind because... where is it?

Thanks in advance. :)

Check their setting for Wide Play.

The default option is "move into channels"

then I have "Normal", "Hug touchline" and "Cut Inside".

I can see "hug touchline" not being the one I'm looking for, but what's "normal" and what's "cut inside"?

Inside from where, if he's supposed to be a Target Man or a D-L Forward, thus playing in the middle of the pitch under normal circumstances?

I don't quite get it... Strikers shouldn't wander much on the flanks, especially if there are wingers fielded with that very purpose (and with suitable skills)

Well, you may call me stupid, but I couldn't seem to find anywhere on the forum about complete training attributes. Because in the training window in the game, I can only find brief explanation such as "Strength training improves player's stamina, strength, etc.", and I would like to know the complete attributes that will be improved for each training.

Thanks for the help.

As far as I've understood the Poacher role (or the Fox in the Box, as made famous by Kevin Phillips and... ahem... Francis Jeffers -_-), this is a player who looks for the loose ball that falls in the box, pounces and scores.

Why, then, is the setting "Run with Ball - Often" a default for the Poacher in FM10?

I tried searching but there were too many results to sift through.

My question is simple: How on earth do I make it so that every time I go into the game (in 2d mode) it opens with and stays in Classic Pitch View?

It used to open in the full screen mode, but for some reason after installation it switches between Classic Pitch View and the Information/Overview screen (which is a little annoying). I had seen the option once in game but just looked for ten minutes and am probably blind because... where is it?

Thanks in advance. :)

Umm, anyone..?

I'm in my first season as Manchester United's coach and i'll like to know why in all my pre-season games (which were selected by the asst. coach i guess+) i always score a goal very early (b4 the 10th minute)? Is this some kind of bug? How do y'all scout your next opponent like see how they play what are there strengths etc. and last question, why dont i see a 'Hold Meeting'' button after the pre-season games? I'll love to get some responses please!!!!!

Yes, it helps you understand what type of passing the team employs, whether they play high up the pitch or not, who you need to nullify as a dangerman and who they use to make their play work. If you're a fan of tinkering for every match, scouting the opposition is a no-brainer - even if the info is a bit coded.

And, yeah, took me a long time on FM09 ^^

I'm having a bit of a dilemma as to whether I should download a tactic for my Leeds team. I'm in my 5th season (3rd season in the premiership) and after a really good start I have hit a really crappy run of form and am plummeting down the table. I have been faithful to my trusty 4-5-1 for a while but am tempted to download a tactic from here. Am I cheating myself?

Not at all - however, it is more enjoyable to use your own tactics IMO.

What I do is download tactics to see how they get a certain type of player to perform, and test it on a non-main save. If I like certain aspects of the tactic, I incorporate it into my main save.

Tubey, What do you think about watching your following match opposition play the week before you play them? I was thinking about also doing that to go along with the scouting report. Tell me your opinion on me doing that?

Bugger, missed this sorry. ^^

It's a good idea if you are good with countering opposition tactics; however it is very time consuming. I'd suggest doing it for a season at most. By then, you'll know how the differing formations use players just by looking at the shape and reading the scout report.

I don't think you can, although I can't be 100% sure. The same objective can be reached by just clicking the relevant amount of times you want from a starting point at the middle. To create a defensive line of -3, just click back three notches.

I don't think you can, although I can't be 100% sure. The same objective can be reached by just clicking the relevant amount of times you want from a starting point at the middle. To create a defensive line of -3, just click back three notches.

i see...thanks a lot for the advise. for a start, i saw many tactics putting down in numbers, which probably give me the idea that the bar can be set to numberic. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Stupid question right here! My Assistant no longer provides any feedback. My old one left, brought a new one in and since then he's not been telling me anything about the opposition, who to force onto weaker foot etc etc. I'm sure its a setting somewhere just no idea what! Any offers?

Just a daft question about tactics really,will a good tactic i made for 10.2 still work when 10.3 is released ?

I was going to upload my tactic but in 2 minds as it's so close to 10.3 release.

Edit. never mind about this question,i suppose the only way i'll know is to try it.

^

Once you open the tactics panel you should click on "Instructions" drop down menu.Select "Team Instructions" and then click on "Advanced". Down there you will find set-pieces menu where you can select where to aim your corners/free kicks/throw ins. Hope this helps :]

can anyone tell me how to download the tactics from filefont??

do i use winzip i kno stupid question!! :-s

when you download them they will probably be in a .zip or .rar or other similar archive file. Use a programme like winzip or winrar (personally I use 7Zip) to extract them. Then cut and paste the file into: Documents (or equivalent)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\Tactics NOT in programme files.

Just a daft question about tactics really,will a good tactic i made for 10.2 still work when 10.3 is released ?

I was going to upload my tactic but in 2 minds as it's so close to 10.3 release.

Edit. never mind about this question,i suppose the only way i'll know is to try it.

Depends if your tactic is good or whether it is made to look good by the match engine.

i.e. if it's well balanced tactic creating a variety of chances then yes, the match engine never changes drastically. If for example it's built to exploit the the chances through the middle problem (which is being tweaked) it will probably look poor.

Do the quick shouting instructions during a game perform something "different" than manually changing the tactics yourself?

For example, if I shout to "Retain Possession" is this effectively a shortcut for changing the Passing to Shorter, Tempo to Slower etc?

Thanks

Do the quick shouting instructions during a game perform something "different" than manually changing the tactics yourself?

For example, if I shout to "Retain Possession" is this effectively a shortcut for changing the Passing to Shorter, Tempo to Slower etc?

Thanks

Indeed it is.

Hello everyone,

I just started a career in a low league, and for the first time i can't move my players for specific trainings, they are blocked in part-time training. I believe im missing something, but since this is the stupid questions topic :D

tks

Hi, I'm very new to the game. I'm trying to set up a 4-5-1 Tactic, but I'm having trouble scoring. I was wondering if someone could recommend what type of Striker I should use, and what role to assign him.

Is a coach with a high physio stat of any use?

Seeing as I can't offer him a physio role then I presume he can't do any physio duties. Is that correct?

No use at all to a coach really. Signed as a coach, can't perform physio or aid physio reports.

when is it not a good idea to show a player on his weak foot?

Also best on players who are "Right Only" or "Left Only".

Sometimes, I find this instruction especially useful on goalies and defenders, as they can be prone to misplacing passes when shown on their weaker foot, thus presenting your forwards with opportunities.

Is there any way - that I have missed out on - to make the players keep their tactical settings when swapping position during the match when using the classic mode. As my striker partnership consists of two very different player types, I try to make them play to their strength but this enables me from having them swap position as they dont have the quality to carry out the other ones duties

I know that in earlier editions this was not possible unless you manually swapped them in the tactic screen every 15 minutes but I was under the impression, that might be false, that this would be an included option for FM10.

If not - as i suspect - Will this be an additional optional for future editions of FM ?

Is there any way - that I have missed out on - to make the players keep their tactical settings when swapping position during the match when using the classic mode. As my striker partnership consists of two very different player types, I try to make them play to their strength but this enables me from having them swap position as they dont have the quality to carry out the other ones duties

I know that in earlier editions this was not possible unless you manually swapped them in the tactic screen every 15 minutes but I was under the impression, that might be false, that this would be an included option for FM10.

If not - as i suspect - Will this be an additional optional for future editions of FM ?

Would love this as addition tbh, yes I want my strikers to swap positions but not instructions!

This is the one reason I never swap positions (especially in classic, as two players instructions are rarely identical). Please add this to the suggestions for FM11.

What are some good defensive tactics against the 4-4-2 and the 4-5-1? Even playing as Barca or ManUtd, I get beat on this tactic or have a draw.

Are you getting beaten comfortably by teams playing these formations, or are they narrow results?

I could likely be a combination of team-talks not motivating players the right way, or that you're not using any opposition instructions to be mindful of troublesome opposing players.

After downloading a training schedule where do I put it to be able to use it? :(

Easiest way I find, is create a new folder on your desktop, then name it "tactics". Save what you download to that folder.

In-game, click the "Tactic" button on the top right, select "Manage Tactics", in the popup window select "Import". Click "Up" until you see "Desktop" listed in the menu, double click that and you'll then see the file you named "tactics".

Double click that and you should see your downloaded tactics file. :)