Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to decide where to develop my youth team, i can leave them in the youth, send them out on loan, i also have a b team option. I get that pitch is the usually the best way to go. However, when the B team is AI

controlled, will it ever request for a player from my youth team/reserve squad or will it just take what i send to it?

In terms of players being tactically aware of their own team-mates what is more important, teamwork or anticipation? I know the former has some effect on players being aware and acting on what team mates are doing and I know that anticipation has an influence on players correctly guessing opponents play but wasn't sure on whether anticipation also applied to anticipating teammates too.

What set me thinking about this is players deciding to make a run just as a team mate decides to pass to where the first player was but as hes no longer there the pass goes astray. Would that be bad anticipation or bad teamwork or possibly both?

I'm trying to decide where to develop my youth team, i can leave them in the youth, send them out on loan, i also have a b team option. I get that pitch is the usually the best way to go. However, when the B team is AI

controlled, will it ever request for a player from my youth team/reserve squad or will it just take what i send to it?

B team will never ask for specific players - They will always just select from the B team squad.

B team has a lot of pro's and Cons, particularly depending on what level they are playing at. I covered it a lot in my DNA thread, but you can work around and really use your B team if it is playing at a good level (you need to add a second manager to take over that B club, so you can manage the approach to training and lock down team selection)

how many team instructions is to many? i have 8 atm for my southampton team

Pretty sure you've asked this before; there is no right answer, you need to use as many as it takes to achieve the style you want. You also need to know what each one is doing, as it would be pointless applying them otherwise.

Im managing Coventry in first season. How to get the best out of John Fleck. He is by far the best player in League 1 but he has been underperforming as a Roaming playmaker in a Fluid 4-4-2 system.

Im managing Coventry in first season. How to get the best out of John Fleck. He is by far the best player in League 1 but he has been underperforming as a Roaming playmaker in a Fluid 4-4-2 system.

He's really not the best player in League One :D

You could use him many different ways, the key is building the team around him and making him the focal point. He's capable of playing as a playmaker high up the pitch or in deeper positions too.

B team will never ask for specific players - They will always just select from the B team squad.

B team has a lot of pro's and Cons, particularly depending on what level they are playing at. I covered it a lot in my DNA thread, but you can work around and really use your B team if it is playing at a good level (you need to add a second manager to take over that B club, so you can manage the approach to training and lock down team selection)

Cheers Jambo. might have to let them bounce up a few division before i see benefit at the min.

Cheers Jambo. might have to let them bounce up a few division before i see benefit at the min.

It can be a bit of a chicken/Egg - If you want them to move up the divisions you will need to focus on them a bit. It took me 3 seasons at Bilbao but i got my B team into the second division which is a great level to use for developing youth. To get there i did have to focus on who i sent them, building them a bit of a squad and also setting them up tactically :)

I am probably missing something here as I have never really noticed it until now with a bit of an injury crisis. But in FMC when you make a player available for the Reserves long term or until fit, how can you make them "unavailable for the Reserves" as there doesn't seem to be an option to take them off that duty when you want to, unless I can't see it!!

I am probably missing something here as I have never really noticed it until now with a bit of an injury crisis. But in FMC when you make a player available for the Reserves long term or until fit, how can you make them "unavailable for the Reserves" as there doesn't seem to be an option to take them off that duty when you want to, unless I can't see it!!

Pretty sure you just re-select 'make available for Reserves for 90 mins' or how ever long you made him available for.

playing a 4-1-2-2-1 wide with saints cant score cant stop conceeding.. any idea what to do im usinglike 7 intructions, higher tempo, short passing retain possession, work into box, play out of defense, higher line closw down more with fluid and control why wont it work.

Read this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327822-Asking-For-Help-PLEASE-READ-THIS

i now cleon just frustrating why cant i do well with southampton im using a standard setup from the roles and combo guide with inside forwards and wing backs.

Well if you know then why post so little information every single time you post? Stop asking the same questions, you've changed shape but still asking the same questions. It's about time you actually listened. We are frustrated by always having to tell you the same things every single day multiple times. If you want help then you need to really start putting effort in now and I don't mean the one line sentences you keep doing. You need to do a proper detailed post like I've pointed out above and on about 40 other occasions. Enough is enough now its no longer funny. Either put effort into posts and be very detailed in future or please refrain from posting as all my patience as now run out and I'm ready to remove you from the forums. You've been instructed far too many times on how you should post yet you never listen. Honestly this is no lie but the next time you spam, are non-constructive, ask for help and yet again don't put effort into a post you are gone. So I'd think very careful about your next post on these forums as it could be your last, don't waste it being silly. Be constructive and be detailed.

i know i can be annoying but dont ban me i just want to enjoy the game. I will try to be better in the future

You want help you need to start a thread, show some effort, and give as much information as possible. Furthermore you need to be reading up and understand the basics of the game. This is a stupid simple one question kinda thread, not a "help me fix my tactic thread". The amount of effort you put in and the advise you get in turn is correlated.

i think i know the basics well now from reading on here just finding it a struggle sometimes to know everything.
playing a 4-1-2-2-1 wide with saints cant score cant stop conceeding.. any idea what to do im usinglike 7 intructions, higher tempo, short passing retain possession, work into box, play out of defense, higher line closw down more with fluid and control why wont it work.

Thats why

Leeds/Turns - Posts have deleted, stop the silly bickering and posting nonsense. If you aren't asking a question or answering a question then anything else posted is classed as spam. Enough is enough.

what is wrong with those instructions?

You have been provided with a link that explains what you need to do. Rashidi told you to start a thread and explained why your question was not suited to here. Now for once, actually read what is put and listen will you and do what you've been ASKED to do several thousands times.

Is the anticipation attribute just represent a players ability to anticipate opposition players actions or does it also relate to anticipating teammates actions as well?

Anticipate opposition and teammates, other attributes like work rate, teamwork will help in defensive and offensive aspects as well.

Is the anticipation attribute just represent a players ability to anticipate opposition players actions or does it also relate to anticipating teammates actions as well?

It's his ability to anticipate everything, so its both opposition and team mates.

I'm curious to see how to set up tackling for a good balance, lesser cards, more battles won for a high pressing team? I currently have only my CM(d) on 'Tackle Harder' while I have the 'Stay On Feet' instruction set on TI.

Leeds/Turns - Posts have deleted, stop the silly bickering and posting nonsense. If you aren't asking a question or answering a question then anything else posted is classed as spam. Enough is enough.

You have been provided with a link that explains what you need to do. Rashidi told you to start a thread and explained why your question was not suited to here. Now for once, actually read what is put and listen will you and do what you've been ASKED to do several thousands times.

i cant post picturesas i dont have paint so a new thread would be pointless

You don't need Paint to post pictures.

Just upload a screenshot to a hosting site (such as Tinypic for example) and add the link to your forum thread.

Anyway, even without any pictures you could still get a load of help, so long as you are very descriptive in your tactic and the issues you are having - like you've been asked to do ;).

btw, if you are using Windows as your OS you will have Paint so long as you haven't deleted it.

What Roles (Duties), Strategy and Team Shape are you using?

Then please stop posting. If you can't provide the information that's been asked yet keep asking questions no-one can help you. You just come across as trolling and like has been pointed out enough is enough and one of the reasons you'll be banned as you just don't listen. You know things are bad when fellow forum members all avoid you and don't want to help due to you never taking the advice given. We've tried to direct you and help you as much as we can but there is only so much we can do and so much we can take before we say enough is enough. We are now at this point.

You don't have to use screenshots, sure they help, but if you can talk about the tactic, its settings, the issues you are having etc in detail then that is enough.

It can be a bit of a chicken/Egg - If you want them to move up the divisions you will need to focus on them a bit. It took me 3 seasons at Bilbao but i got my B team into the second division which is a great level to use for developing youth. To get there i did have to focus on who i sent them, building them a bit of a squad and also setting them up tactically :)

Cheers Jam, yeah i'm just in preseason now but i've scout 5 or so team in their division and a few player to see what sort of level they are up against. I think i;ve been able to tell who should cut a decent rating in the league and wh owould just be fodder from my youth system. Hopefully i should be able to get a better idea a few games in, if not for the first window.

What might be gained from retraining a player who is already highly accomplished in an alternative position to natural?

I have Berardi at Juventus. Play him on the right wing as an inside forward and he absolutely rinses it. If I were to train him to be a natural right winger, could I expect even better performances? Or would this lower the ceiling up to which his attributes would rise, working against the effect of retraining?

Can anyone explain the main difference between a trequarista and advanced playmaker with attack duty? i have used both in my current system and sometimes one works better then the other.

Also what is a better defensive option in a flat four midfield DLP with defensive duty or central midfielder with defensive duty?

In your opinions which gets forward more, a BBM or a CM S? Read somewhere that a CM S is aggressive so did wonder as I assumed it would go CM S, BBM S, CM A in order of getting forward from CM?

For me, the BBM has been more aggressive, hands down. I often use one in place of a CM(A) if I need a bit more defensive help in a particular match.