Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does mentoring have any effect on the players’ social groups? I would have thought that if a mentoring group included a couple of influential player from the core social group and a couple of non influential players from one of the other social groups the non influential players would eventually move to the core group. Does anybody know if this actually happens?

Been years since i used it, so ... Does the Target Forward actually still trigger changes in play of other players (as in actively looking to hoof it to him) and semi-related: I remember that many moons ago one could determine via an option to either 'feed' him via high balls or ball played to his feet. Is the current role more a mix of both dependent on the player ? And will other take that into account ?

Maybe it comes down to this question: What are the key differences between Target Forward and Pressing Forward nowadays ?

14 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Been years since i used it, so ... Does the Target Forward actually still trigger changes in play of other players (as in actively looking to hoof it to him) and semi-related: I remember that many moons ago one could determine via an option to either 'feed' him via high balls or ball played to his feet. Is the current role more a mix of both dependent on the player ? And will other take that into account ?

Maybe it comes down to this question: What are the key differences between Target Forward and Pressing Forward nowadays ?

I played around a lot with Target Forwards & Wide Target Forwards during the beta, after ditching the Target Man years ago as I found he wasn't getting enough high balls into him. I think he does now get a steady supply of high balls, as you'd expect. Just from the eye test, supply is mixed, he'll get balls into feet too but checking the match stats, he'll get a fair few headers. The WTF (that abbreviates well!!) was getting more header attempts than any other player. Basically, I think along with the name change, they've had a "fix" this year   

Pressing Forwards press & tackle aggressively, a TF won't 

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

I played around a lot with Target Forwards & Wide Target Forwards during the beta, after ditching the Target Man years ago as I found he wasn't getting enough high balls into him. I think he does now get a steady supply of high balls, as you'd expect. Just from the eye test, supply is mixed, he'll get balls into feet too but checking the match stats, he'll get a fair few headers. The WTF (that abbreviates well!!) was getting more header attempts than any other player. Basically, I think along with the name change, they've had a "fix" this year   

Pressing Forwards press & tackle aggressively, a TF won't 

Cheers, will check it out. Do like the idea of having that different look to switch things up and was looking at a few 'flawed' players with interesting attribute distribution like Jonas Wind who saved Sheffield United from relegation with 17 goals and 8 Assists and feels like a nice realistic transfer for an Europa League team. Though maybe not ideal with an Enganche behind (other thread) ... Anyway, thanks for the reply :)

I have a question regarding loan transfers.

If you take some player on loan, you pay 100% salary, some monthly fee and put an optional clause and you also put some installments.

Will you start paying those instalments when you activate the optional clause or you are paying no matter you activate the clause or not?

I think I know the answer but want to be sure.

20 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I don’t seem to be able to see individual mentalities in the tactics screen. Have they disappeared in FM22 or am I not looking properly?

They're in the Player instructions, have been for a few years now :thup:

Does star rating differ from player to player in the same team? E.g. two players have a star rating of 3. But when I go into the report of both, one is labeled as a division 1 standard and the other division 2 standard. But they both are rated with 3 stars.

5 hours ago, anguskhan said:

do not know if this is  the correct place  to ask but how do I see  what position are picked in this picture  I know it is a 4231 but I wanna see each position picked in the  match highlights

Untitled.png

Assuming '22 is the same as '21, when you watching the match from the tablet there is an option to view the opposition's formation and after you're 15 or so mins into the match you should see their positions display:

image.png.6220e0440923f2222745bb866f495f6b.png

Edited by CaptCanuck

24 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

I am. I'm playing as Dynamo Kyiv and there are not a lot of candidates. Most are random generated ones. And a lot of them are asking ridiculous wages.

Same issue here; I play with FC Arges in Romanian League. I can find HOYTs and I can hire them as coaches/head coach for 2nd team or U19 where they are asking decent wages; when I propose them HOYT position they simply ask ridiculous wages. I plan to just hire a U19 head coach with good stats and handle him the HOYT responsabilities from Staff tab...

I have to solve this because my actual one will retire no matter what I am doing. I think it is a bug, surely isn't normal to accept a coach position for less money and reject a "head of ..." decision for more money...even if it is not matching your ridiculous claim.

I saw it was reported in beta feedback thread and in bug forums but so far no change...

14 minutes ago, CharlieTZR said:

Same issue here; I play with FC Arges in Romanian League. I can find HOYTs and I can hire them as coaches/head coach for 2nd team or U19 where they are asking decent wages; when I propose them HOYT position they simply ask ridiculous wages. I plan to just hire a U19 head coach with good stats and handle him the HOYT responsabilities from Staff tab...

I have to solve this because my actual one will retire no matter what I am doing. I think it is a bug, surely isn't normal to accept a coach position for less money and reject a "head of ..." decision for more money...even if it is not matching your ridiculous claim.

I saw it was reported in beta feedback thread and in bug forums but so far no change...

Lets hope it gets fixed soon. Although to be honest a HoYD doesn't play that much of an effect on intake. The quality of your facilities are more important. I just hired one with decent personality. Settled on "determined" because there were no "model citizen" or "model professionals" available.

15 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

Lets hope it gets fixed soon. Although to be honest a HoYD doesn't play that much of an effect on intake. The quality of your facilities are more important. I just hired one with decent personality. Settled on "determined" because there were no "model citizen" or "model professionals" available.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, yes, although I am bit disappointed about the normal release, it seems very few things were changed compared with beta.

About the HOYT, most sources (articles, forum posts) about youth intake mention his personality and that he influence it ; not sure about skill but with my current one (and this is my 4th run with the same club), first after beta, I keep getting unambitious players although he is professional. 

Got my first really good youth intake, especially excited to get an attacking prospect (and given the 'measuring stick' is likely Raphinha, who is amazing, his 4 1/2 stars likely means he's very talented indeed) and wondering how best to iron out a couple of his lackluster attributes. Definitely has decent starting attributes, but some notable outliers for whatever role he should play. Ideally will want to play him centrally at CAM, though might well be that i play a different system by the time he's ready. So, how do i go about it ? Set a individual role (in training) that adresses weaknesses ? Do this + an individual focus to work on weaknesses ? Set only the position + individual focus ?

Also have a fullback with gobs of potential but pretty slow pace for which similar questions pop up (as an aside: Utterly forgot, but do U18 players grow in height/jumping reach ? Might also make a good Ballplaying CB or alternatively a defensive minded CDM/CM)

For reference, this is them:

Williams.thumb.PNG.cb2544cf55c502dab486620b2523c971.PNG

OFarrell.thumb.PNG.8e43f031ddc366b73e9cc9fb66100730.PNG

4 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

Is there any difference in performance between "Competent", "Accomplished" and "Natural" at a position? Or is just the attributes what really counts?

Basically the Decisions attribute takes a tiny hit. You can even play a player in a position they have no familiarity with at all, as long as their attributes suit the role.

Edited by Gee_Simpson

15 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

What are the first steps to take when 50% of your shots are blocked?

Review your tactic and find out why they are blocked.

Is it because there is no one else to pass the ball, so I just shoot?

Or is it that your players are too slow so defenders catch up, or make bad decisions in when to shoot?

Edited by Sharkn20

11 hours ago, Sharkn20 said:

Review your tactic and find out why they are blocked.

Is it because there is no one else to pass the ball, so I just shoot?

Or is it that your players are too slow so defenders catch up, or make bad decisions in when to shoot?

Its basicly the template 4231 gegenpress. My players are relative slow, which is why I turned off Pass into space.

Its not just blocked shots, other half is off target

6 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

Its basicly the template 4231 gegenpress. My players are relative slow, which is why I turned off Pass into space.

Then you need better players, faster and with more long shots / finishing / technique.

Difficult to give You more advice without actually seeing the highlight of the blocked shots.

Edited by Sharkn20

11 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

With tactical issues, it's best to create a thread and provide as much detail as possible. It's not something that's suited to the quickfire question/answer format of the thread.  :thup:

22 minutes ago, pedrosantos said:

Just wondering what would be the effect of a Much Higher Line of Engagement / Much Higher Defensive Line / Extremely Urgent Pressing Intensity with a TI Transition to Regroup ?

That's something that you can try in your save and let us know how it went!

What did you find with it?

1 hour ago, Sharkn20 said:

That's something that you can try in your save and let us know how it went!

What did you find with it?

Well, I'm using a 4141 possession-based tactic, relying on the principle that the formation is the defensive shape of the team, and as far as I can see, players don't stop pressing, but managing FC Porto, I'm in late October and, all competitions, the only goals I've suffered was a 0-3 defeat against Man. City, a draw 1-1 against Benfica and a victory 2-1 against At. Madrid, all the rest are clean sheets.

My point / doubt / question was in a sense of replicating the Guardiola's 6 second rule: press and recover the ball, if not so... regroup.