off the ball (need official answer)

jeorge

Sorry if this has been reposted but i couldn't find it

The problem i have with this attribute is this :

for example if i have a DM or DRL (more defensive players) who always make their selfs available for pass, does that mean they can have 15+ off the ball attribute while they rarely make them selfs dangerous for scoring?

Thank you.

I think you've posted this in the wrong forum, I'm not entirely sure what your asking here though. But i've got a question too :p Is Off The Ball actually the same as Positioning?

Tactic Master positioning refers to how well a player positions himself, depending on what’s going on around him.It is more important for defensive players.

Tactic Master positioning refers to how well a player positions himself, depending on what’s going on around him.It is more important for defensive players.

I know what positioning is, I was more curious on what Off The Ball actually does and if it's similar to Positioning, because both are Off The Ball attributes IMO.

Positioning = The ability of the player in regards to his position when your team doesnt have possession of the ball.

Off The Ball = The ability of the player in regards to his position when your team has possession of the ball but the player isnt the one with the ball.

Positioning = The ability of the player in regards to his position when your team doesnt have possession of the ball.

Off The Ball = The ability of the player in regards to his position when your team has possession of the ball but the player isnt the one with the ball.

Thanks for clearing that up for me :D

spooney , i know i ask for an official answer but what's your oppinion about my question ?

The way I see it, no player can have too little positioning and off the ball, for any position, the higher in them two attributes the better. Obviously defensive players NEED positioning more than off the ball, and attacking players NEED off the ball more than positioning, but having a decent amount of the other attribute can only be positive in their overall contribution to the team on the pitch.

The way I see it, no player can have too little positioning and off the ball, for any position, the higher in them two attributes the better. Obviously defensive players NEED positioning more than off the ball, and attacking players NEED off the ball more than positioning, but having a decent amount of the other attribute can only be positive in their overall contribution to the team on the pitch.

Agreed, defensive players IRL and on the game will occasionally attack without warning. An IRL player example would be Phil Jones. So having both, but more than 1 over the other for the position required is better.

As for attacking players, attacking players need to be able to defend at times aswell, so it's good to have positioning, aswell as Off The Ball. An IRL example would be Wayne Rooney.

so constant move of a dm to make him self available for a pass at his own half would be reprisented by a very hight off the ball attribute, or because off the ball attribute refers more to attaking moves that expose the oposition, this ability would reprisented by an other attribute like work rate?

so constant move of a dm to make him self available for a pass at his own half would be reprisented by a very hight off the ball attribute, or because off the ball attribute refers more to attaking moves that expose the oposition, this ability would reprisented by an other attribute like work rate?

All the attributes are linked somehow to at least 1 other attribute in specific situations, there isnt 1 attribute that decides 1 specific on the field event. So in terms of making yourself available to recieve a pass from a teammate, off the ball would be a major contributing attribute, but not the only attribute, there will be others that contribute to the situation aswell but all with different ranges of influence on the outcome.

'Off the ball' is how good he is at getting into attacking positions :)

It's not really relevant for defensive players unless they are attacking, their 'Off the ball' attribute will determine how well they move into space when your team is attacking in the oppositions half.

As SpooneyDM said, 'Off the ball' for attacking players would also be related to their 'Anticipation' and 'Decisions'

A defensive midfielder making himself available for a pass would not be represented by a high 'Off the ball' rating.

Archived