• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi knap,

I'm going to give your spurs 442 a go tonight, I'm thinking probably with Arsenal.

Having followed your previous tactics from FM 09 to FM 11, I know that you used to*sometimes let the assistant manager pick the team from your squad. Is this something that you still do?

I like this idea, as it adds another level of interest to the game, and you end up rotating the squad more, rather than just playing the same 11 every match.

I normally let Ass Man pick squad from all players at club, as will often pick at times pick a young talented player. However I also look at fixtures and try to rotate players on this basis, so I do not always go with Ass Man choice.

I've played down to BSS level so I doubt a player issue apart from quality compared to division.

In general the game has a problem with offside even with the best players.

chelseavarsenalclassicp.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There can be another issue if you let Ass Man set up throw in takers. In this case Corluka Right back has been set up for throw ins on left which leaves the defence exposed. However I have no idea why the CB has gone so far forward leaving a forward free and onside,,

tottenhamvarsenalclassi.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The background from MilanoBaros for these tactics

It's the Flabarama 442 I don't know if you played FM06 and knew of this tactic. It was a really good tactic.

http://sports.fitness.com/threads/84...season%29-bull

That is him talking about it, I googled it to find that haha.

Now I've converted the tactic from 06 to 12. It's still good, but in 06 it was better defensively.

In 06 If you had a good team, in a season you'd concede less then 10 goals. And score at 3+ GPM.

The tactic is a counter attacking 442 narrow and has a high defensive line and all players are on low closing down except for one midfielder and one striker.

I could send you the tactic and if you didn't mind could you have a look at it maybe you could improve it. You seem to do well with 442's.

If you are interested in having a look I'll send it to you. If you make it better you can release it among your tactics.

It's not my tactic just to be clear, it belongs to some guy called Flabarama but he changed his name a long time ago. I'm not sure who he is now. :S

The first tactic is basically using my normal 442 but adjusting the team settings as shown in link.

The 2nd tactic is Milan's tactic tweaked to work with Man City.

451 is logical next step from 433 then perhaps 4222 and 4231, depends when final patch arrives, as I will go back to 442.

Potentially but it is quick with high time wasting. The 433 is a triple taking down Barcelona and the 442 with Huddersfield won against Sunderland and Newcastle and also gave Everton a run for their money.

Your 442 from post 382 is truly excellent knap.

After about 10 games with Arsenal, I was thinking that it seemed like a decent tactic - nothing more, nothing less. As you team become more fluid with it though, it just gets better and better. I'm now about 95% fluid after about 25 matches and it has grown into a beast! My last 10 games have been won 4-1, 7-1, 5-2, 6-1, 1-0, 6-0, 6-0, 4-0, 8-0 and 4-0. The football is great to watch too, and apparently my fans also "appreciate the entertaining football". I'll post screens at the end of the season.

Thanks knap, and well done.

i so far managed to get from conf south to premiership with 3 diff clubs in 6 seasons i think, using various tactics and tweaks but the prem im getting done with pace, and the 4-4-2 you created looks like one the best for this patch so here is hoping it does the trick :)

2nd season in the Premier League with Oldham, using the spurs 442 from post number 382. I also reached the final of the FA Cup, but lost to Man Utd. I'd prefer not to concede so many goals, even if it meant scoring fewer, but as my media prediction was 14th I'm still pretty impressed.

oldham5thinpremknap442.png

Also tested a few matches with Arsenal. As expected the performances were even better.

arsenal14gamesknap442.png