Knap FM12 Tactics

1st tactic is main tactic and can be used all the time, however, if you feel the need to have an option tactic then use the away tactic as and when needed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st tactic is main tactic and can be used all the time, however, if you feel the need to have an option tactic then use the away tactic as and when needed.

I can't get the link for the main one to work Knap mate

Cheers Knap. I might try using the 442 i tried earlier as the home tactic and then use the rock and roll away tactic as my away tactic :)

That way ill score a few more goals than the 96 you got with the rock and roll home tactic!

First result using new r&r 108pts:

wolvesvfulhamsplitview.jpg

Not too shabby ;) I did think the opposition had too many chances, but with 9 of them being long shots I wasn't too fussed. Oh and I didnt set anyone as TM as I don't like doing that.

Steve

This Rock&Roll tactic is used with an away tactic. Both tactics use fast TMs to be set up 9set pieces) but TM left unticked.

108pt Rock&Roll 442

http://www.mediafire.com/?3ul10xoa53p2lly

Away tactic for when AI are on offensive.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bnu3mvf3i13ee99

englishpremierdivisionot.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've just would like to ask, int these tactics which striekr could be the "poacher" style?

Regards

tsatsee

Knap, did you actually use the away tactic for some of the league matches in the screenshot in post #847, or were all those games played using the 108pt rock&roll?

Also, would you say this new rock&roll is better than your MC treble 442? I know it has more points, but has also scored less with the same conceded.

I used away tactic against other top sides (MU,Arsenal, Chelsea etc).

My preference is the 106pts. The form over a season is only an indication of potential of tactic. When not using MC, I can tweak a tactic say against 3 at back to increase passing of FBs and play down flanks.

Hi Knap,

I'm using your rock and roll home and away tactics adapted into a 4411. Very happy with the results and the shape of the team however I've found that most of the goals I score are from my front two who get an incredible amount but I would like to try and share the goals around the team. I've tweaked the wide midfielders a lot trying to get them involved in scoring more but with no real success. Has anyone else found this and are there any suggestions?

Aside from that well done and thank you. Lots of good tactics out there but this for me is the best.

Updated 442 for FM12.2.2

http://www.mediafire.com/?vrgzskgomnd5639

englishpremierdivisionog.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For this 442 108pt Triple Tactic, patch 12.2.2, do you change anything when:

1. getting outplayed

2. playing a big away game

3. need a goal

I don't like the idea of just using a tactic and not having a plan b or c. If you can't have an impact (other than substitutions) then what's the point in playing the game?

I don't like the idea of just using a tactic and not having a plan b or c. If you can't have an impact (other than substitutions) then what's the point in playing the game?

The beauty of this game is that people get enjoyment out of it in many different ways.

The beauty of this game is that people get enjoyment out of it in many different ways.

Really no need to jump on that quote. I did have some valid questions:

For the 442 108pt Triple Tactic, patch 12.2.2, do you change anything when:

1. getting outplayed

2. playing a big away game

3. need a goal

• 2 weeks later...

About to start a LLM management save, just holidayed for a year and created a new manager and picked FC United, Media Prediction 20th.

What would be best to use? The latest 108pts Home tactic, and the 108pts away as the away one? Or the 451quad as the away one?

• 4 weeks later...

Holidays and Civ V. Just playing a few games atm and winning Euro 2012 with England using 108PTS.

As just messing about I am tactic testing with the Euro 2012 squad. If anyone has a tactic to test then happy to play a few games with that tactic, and let you know results.

Also won Euro using a 442 based on the Grid system tactic.

I do use options but tend to set them up during game. There is usually a SUS option but in general not really any need.

I did find unticking CA a good tactic perhaps for a less able team.

I used 108pts without CA. Best try with and without and judge by results.

This is grid system tactic changed to a 442

http://www.mediafire.com/?2j4ssw5agac1k8g

Thanks mate. I've tried it with, didn't seem to work at all, very inconsistent, will try without.

All the other tactics that i've tried that other people have had success with has failed immensely as well. Are there any common pitfalls that i need to avoid? (aside from not waiting for the tactic to be fluid?)

Also, if the tactic is fluid do i still need to test it over multiple games? If so, how many? Thanks.

Love your tactics Knap, been using them for quite some time. I've run into a serious issue with your April 12.2.2 tactic pretty consistently so far. The defensive performance is consistently poor. I've tried it in the LLM, with City/Barca etc... and midtable clubs. It consistently lets in far too many goals, regardless of players available. Also had a tendency to do poorly on the road or against underdog opposition.

Once again I'm a big supporter of your tactics, but this latest one has been the least consistent one I've used to date in over 3 years using your tactics.

Love your tactics Knap, been using them for quite some time. I've run into a serious issue with your April 12.2.2 tactic pretty consistently so far. The defensive performance is consistently poor. I've tried it in the LLM, with City/Barca etc... and midtable clubs. It consistently lets in far too many goals, regardless of players available. Also had a tendency to do poorly on the road or against underdog opposition.

Once again I'm a big supporter of your tactics, but this latest one has been the least consistent one I've used to date in over 3 years using your tactics.

I'm also a big fan of knap's tactics, but he releases so many that there's bound to be a degree of variation in how successful they are. My favourite is his MC treble 442 from post #569 so I recommend that to you, although I always prefer his ones that use team instructions so I haven't tried many of the newer ones that use individual settings.