• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post 496 Barcelona game I just added Time wasting, but I only do this normally when having a man sent off.

The 451 formation can be useful as an away tactic, which uses shorter passing and higher time wasting. It is the tactic I used in Shrewsbury game against top of the table Birmingham and got a 0-0 draw.

The problem is that the AI are too defensive. In half a season (19 games) I had 140 corners.

Playing against similar level teams (top table) I had 36 corners scoring 1 goal and the AI, despite similar ability, only had 16 corners.

Post 496 I was using 442 but only 10 men. I would probably use 451 away to Barca and perhaps even at home. Luckily I don't play them that often.

Knap, in your 4-4-2, would you consider increasing individual creative freedom based on your players abilities? And do you tweak anything in the tactic, when you have very good players at your disposal?

Post 496 I was using 442 but only 10 men. I would probably use 451 away to Barca and perhaps even at home. Luckily I don't play them that often.

I am 2017 into my Juve save and use the 2 4-4-2's of yours, they are great but Barca and Real obliterate me.

Marcelo

I use the same tactic and CF whether I use MU,West Ham or Woking. From my testing the tactic will outpoint and outscore a TC tactic set up specifically for MU and works for me with a variety if sides. I hacv tried setting up tactics based on player attributes but they have always ended in failure.

efreet

Do Barca and Real still have same managers? The problem is probably the motivation and determination aspects of the game and I have done well with take pressure off team talks.

The 4231 and Arsenal 442 use individual creative freedom if you prefer individual instructions to team.

Marcelo

I use the same tactic and CF whether I use MU,West Ham or Woking. From my testing the tactic will outpoint and outscore a TC tactic set up specifically for MU and works for me with a variety if sides. I hacv tried setting up tactics based on player attributes but they have always ended in failure.

Ok, thanks.

As luck would have it I ended up with Real Madrid in final. Just using 442 for 90 mins and I'm still using mostly original Spurs squad.

rmadridvtottenhamstatsp.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Still struggling defensively with the spurs 442. In 2017 and have finished 5th with Sheff Wed in the prem so pretty great all in in all but we conceded nearly 70 goals! Fortunately we scored almost 100. I've used the 4-5-1 against superior teams and it is better defensively but not massively so.

This needs a bump, fantastic tactics!

At work so can't post any screenies but just started using the 442 and the 451 knap posted (#488) have worked incredibly well for me so far.

Been using the 442 at home and against teams who are weaker or roughly the same as me away. The 451 for bigger opposition away.

After getting beaten 2-1 at home against RB Salzburg in the CL qualifiers using the 442 (We were incredibly unlucky) travelled away expecting to get beat and drop into the Europa. Using the 451, beat them 4-1 :D

Then the group stages await, I've was drawn with Porto, AC Milan and a German team whose name eludes me at present.

Porto at home, 442, beat them 3-1 (Nearly fainted, there is no way we should be beating Porto)

Then the biggest shock, AC away, used the 451, beat them 3-0!

Domestically, unbeaten, had a couple of draws, but they have came through my strikers deciding to shoot wide/over/woodwork and my defenders deciding to take the day off. Not the tactics fault.

I have made 1 change to the 442 though. I was using Brobs 433 for the previous 2 season’s successfully and I noticed his corners were scoring more, so have copied the settings from that into the 442 and will do the same tonight with the 451.

I can't praise these tactics enough, knap, you sir are a legend!

I’ll try to post some screens when I get home.

please can you give link of tactic with new tweak please

I just changed tackling to hard for Full Backs and Midfielders, cross aim to mixed for everyone except full backs, and used my own set pieces instructions. Nothing major that would change the results too much.

Knap I would settle for a decent 4231 tactic any way you can make it ;)

Steve

There is a 4-2-3-1 in post #483

Anyway can u upload it please? I´m lost with all of these tactics and I don´t know where is that 4-4-2 that you are using.

I'm using the 4-4-2 in post #382.

This was from last 4222 pre patch and all MU players had a high for ratings. I am actually using a new 4222 which was set up pre patch. The 442 451 4231 and latest 4222 use the same or very similar settings so can be interchanged.

englishpremierdivisionsi.png

This was from last 4222 pre patch and all MU players had a high for ratings. I am actually using a new 4222 which was set up pre patch. The 442 451 4231 and latest 4222 use the same or very similar settings so can be interchanged.
Once again, that looks very impressive knap. The only problem is that you churn out that many good tactics, that it's hard to tell which is your best one!

Although a pre patch game these matches have been played post patch with new 4222. Looks like pre patch tactics should work. I will set up a new game on new patch later.

tottenhamhotspurfixture.png

The pts and goals for against are in tactic name all done with MC if you want a comparison.

The tactics are all set up with MC. Spurs actually had a better performance than MC and MU played well above MC with the 4222. Same tactic but different squads.

The 4231 is a 97pt tactic but the 451 is only 93pts, useful as an away tactic which is how I used it with Shrewsbury.

At some time, but lone forward tactics tend to be weak, since FM08, compared to 2 or more forwards, so I prefer 442 or 4222 using the AM as a forward.

I would tend to using 4231 at home and 451 away.

At some time, but lone forward tactics tend to be weak, since FM08, compared to 2 or more forwards, so I prefer 442 or 4222 using the AM as a forward.

I would tend to using 4231 at home and 451 away.

I just want for a "starting base" tactic :) Its not important, but if u have one plz upload here :)

anyway: Which of your 442 (i use it 4411) tactics do u think is the best for 1st season Everton Away games?

because for home i use a very attacking-it works, but for away i tried a lot of tactics, but they did not work. if u have a defensive one...

edit: i will try your 451 tactic, hope it will works :)

just read through everything. seems like you've created alot of tactics with great success Knap! Ive always been inclined to creating my own tactics with the TC, but thought it would be worth testing out someone else's to get some ideas etc. Im looking at using the Tottenham merry xmas tactic as i enjoy 4-2-3-1 type formations. My only issue is i have no idea of stat specifications and player roles now that its classic view. What type of players fit each role? If you could convert the player positions to TC roles, how would you assign them? For example, is the Striker a DLP? AF? CF? Poacher etc? are the wingers actual wingers or inside forwards? Is the AMC an advanced play maker, an actually attacking midfielder or a Trequartista? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

matty

Your Ass Man tends to use best fit player for position.

If you take any of my saves I do use different types of players in same positions, for example, both Bale and Bassong play LB or say Lennon and Nani. As long as a player is good at the position I do not worry about roles and duties.

Most of my tactics are set up for Left MC more attacking in nature I.e Modric and Right defensive i.e Sandro. The forwards left more creative i.e Aguero the right any other type.

The Merry Xmas tactic was a bit of fun for holiday season as its set to All Out Attack.

Have a look at the 442 and you will see it's set up as a team tactic, all very simple as the game should be.

matty

Your Ass Man tends to use best fit player for position.

If you take any of my saves I do use different types of players in same positions, for example, both Bale and Bassong play LB or say Lennon and Nani. As long as a player is good at the position I do not worry about roles and duties.

Most of my tactics are set up for Left MC more attacking in nature I.e Modric and Right defensive i.e Sandro. The forwards left more creative i.e Aguero the right any other type.

The Merry Xmas tactic was a bit of fun for holiday season as its set to All Out Attack.

Have a look at the 442 and you will see it's set up as a team tactic, all very simple as the game should be.

wich tactic is more effective with new patch ?

It will take a little time to look at tactics for new patch. I'm using a new 4222 team tactic which is working well in patch but with an old game.

It will take a little time to look at tactics for new patch. I'm using a new 4222 team tactic which is working well in patch but with an old game.

ok great and can you give a link to test it and give feedback because your tactic are brillant