Knap FM12 Tactics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks alot for sharing your Spurs 4-4-2 tactic Knap, truly exceptional tactic.

Working really well at the moment and these are my last few matches against some top opposition: Fixtures

I had 5 matches in 12 days against tough teams and had to rotate through my backup and younger players and still came out on top so that just goes to show how effective it really is.

Works well with MU and for me 51pts for half season.

Re 4411 - With Spurs I retrain VDV to a forward to use as 442 but it should work if you pull left forward back to AMC and right forward to centre.

In general if you have AML/R then retrain to ML/R (I do this with Dos santos) meaning most squads can use a 442.

Works well with MU and for me 51pts for half season.

Re 4411 - With Spurs I retrain VDV to a forward to use as 442 but it should work if you pull left forward back to AMC and right forward to centre.

In general if you have AML/R then retrain to ML/R (I do this with Dos santos) meaning most squads can use a 442.

can you give link for tactics

Be careful with throw in takers, as the game will on occasion allocate a CB, leaving them well out of position for a counter attack.

It is beyond me why there isn't an option to assign a position, rather than a player, to take throw-ins and corners. You could then set it so that the fullbacks always take throw-ins for example, regardless of who plays there.

Sadly, your tactic in post #382, nor any of your other tactics, work for me anymore. I started a new game with Newcastle, and I'm losing every match. Weird, because it used to work perfectly. Guess the time is there to try someone elses. Thanks though.

Your tactic on post #382 works brilliant, this is when I changed to it, was using the tactic on post 1 before,

fixturesr.jpg

Noting that I got 104 PT on league (105F 14A) and won all home games conceding only 1 goal.

I agree. The spurs 442 from post #382 is the best of all the knap tactics I've ever tried, and IMO one of the best available for patch 12.1.

The tactic from post #460 is great. Got the title in my 1st season with Stuttgart, Germany in a network game. In my save I'm playing in the 6th league of Germany, got promoted with 25 wins and 5 draws out of 30 games with a team predicted about 10th place. Scoring wise this tactic is just incredible.

Is it meant to be that the MCR is playing more attacking but with hard tackling and less CF than the MCL who is on standard tackling?

The tactic from post #460 is great. Got the title in my 1st season with Stuttgart, Germany in a network game.

Good results there. Stuttgart's media prediction is 7th if I remember rightly (I've played with them too), so that's really good going. Did you make a lot of signings, or was that pretty much with the original squad?

I did, but I am looking for a plug and play tactic that scores more and that can fit all players :D

I've tried numerous times too, because 4-2-3-1 with 2 MCs and wingers is probably my favourite formation. I've found it a really difficult formation to get to work on FM 12 though, which is particularly annoying because every time I face the AI playing it (West Brom play it a lot for example), they always beat me, so it obviously can be made to work.

TC is plug and play. Just pick formation, mentality and use Ass Man for roles and duties - does it not work that way?

It's odd how West Brom can play so well with this formation and Spurs with 4411.

Shiraz

Your MU 442 works as a plug and play for MU (overrated) but did not work with MC, which is odd as have similar talented squad. Have you tried 4231 with MU using a balanced control system.

Although the tactics are simpler than the TC, just using team settings, I would overide most of the TC settings.

If you want to use shouts or shout combinations then its probably easier to set up another tactic or use a TC tactic for say a defensive tactic.

I don't find the need to use shouts apart from say a SUS when I just add TW and push up DL.

Knap, I'm testing your 4-4-2 from post #382 and it looks really impressive. May be even better than Vodu Caos 442, which I thought was the best 4-4-2 around. I think it deserves a thread of its own, as probably all your other tactics do. With so many tactics in the same thread, they may not get as much attention as they should... great work!:thup:

Knap, how would you say your 451 and 4231 compare to your 442? Your 442 is probably the best one I have used for FM 12.1.1.

I read that you used all three with Shrewsbury. Is that what you tend to do? (i.e. pick whichever one best suits your available players).

All the tactics can win EPL but Shrewsbury was not my game, half way in season and had the worst squad in division. I had the tactics available, so for the 1st home game the squad had limited number of forwards but a few AMR/L so I used 4231. Next game was away to top of table so used 451 as being a more defensive tactic. With more forwards available for next home I used 442.

Usually I will just stick with 1 formation but no harm having other options.

442 is my tactic of choice and I prefer to retrain VDV as a forward to use a 442.

Thanks, I can't say I'm surprised as it's an excellent tactic. I'll still train my squad to use your 4231 and 451 as backups, in case I get injuries etc, but I'll carry on using your 442 as my main tactic.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/acmailandsvdeutz05stati.png/

What an amazing away result in my first season in CL, 10 CCCs, hell yeah :thup:

Took the team 5 straight promotions, playing with your 4-3-3 since the very beginning. Got 10th in my first season in the Bundesliga, second season got 2nd and now leading the league after 10 matches.

Finding good players is hard as the reputation is still weak, so I feel your tactic is getting the most of them. Thanks very much knap :)