Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Metallica are ok, some of their earlier stuff was brilliant, but they have been rubbish for at least 5 years now!

I ashamedly like my emo quite a bit now a days, bands like Anberlin, Taking Back Sunday, and most PCG stuff like Saosin, Emarosa, stuff like that.

wait a moment here.....only 5 years? aint more like 25 by now? oh and Hetfield just aint pulling it of live anymore ether, almost like he lost his voice when he stoped drinking

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too would be great.

I personally wouldn't mind a cricket management game. I don't mind the Internatinal Cricket Captain series, but it's done by a really small company and I think a bit of a bigger company/publisher would make it even better than it is.

UFC gets massive figures and make a fair bit of money but nowhere near the scale of boxing big events though. Boxing events generate like 10x more money for the big fights. I think the highest UFC have made from TV is £12 million and boxing is like £160+ million.

Do you think the amount of boxers that can draw that much has gone significantly down over the last 10 years or so? Sorry for the all the questions I have just never spoke to someone within the boxing world before. About David Haye do you think he will get the fight he wants with Klitschko or is he demanding too much money like they claim?

Although not a boxing game, World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 is an awesome MMA management game all text based which puts some people off as the matches are played out in a commentary style only but it is immensely addictive.

Although not a boxing game, World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 is an awesome MMA management game all text based which puts some people off as the matches are played out in a commentary style only but it is immensely addictive.
so pretty much like early fm/cm?

Do you think the amount of boxers that can draw that much has gone significantly down over the last 10 years or so? Sorry for the all the questions I have just never spoke to someone within the boxing world before. About David Haye do you think he will get the fight he wants with Klitschko or is he demanding too much money like they claim?

The heavyweight draw has gone down a lot but from Lightweight to Super Welterwight there are some big names who could possibly fight at any of those weights. The money is still there but a lot of fighters are still young so it needs someone to take the mantle and be the next big thing. It's still massive just not in as big in this country as the US.

We opened a boxing academy in the US nearly 2 years ago now and you should see some of the people we get, there aged between 11-17 and some of them will be really good if nurtured properly.

I don't think Haye is demanding too much, the Klitchko's only fight nobody's though and only ever fight on their own terms. They duck a lot of big fights so not sure if it'll go ahead or not.

Wuld love to see Haye vs. Vitali Klitschko.

Thought he was as poor as I'd ever seen him against Chisora last week - maybe taken aback a bit with how Chisora came at him. And Haye, if he actually decided to go at him, would be able to beat him purely with his speed.

so pretty much like early fm/cm?

Pretty much, their match engine has the two fights and describes each highlight you can set it to run through the highlights or you can click next or you can skip to the bigger events within the match like submission attempts, knock downs etc. I love it I have played as the UFC from 1993 to 2016 and my game world is very very different to the real MMA world.

The heavyweight draw has gone down a lot but from Lightweight to Super Welterwight there are some big names who could possibly fight at any of those weights. The money is still there but a lot of fighters are still young so it needs someone to take the mantle and be the next big thing. It's still massive just not in as big in this country as the US.

We opened a boxing academy in the US nearly 2 years ago now and you should see some of the people we get, there aged between 11-17 and some of them will be really good if nurtured properly.

I don't think Haye is demanding too much, the Klitchko's only fight nobody's though and only ever fight on their own terms. They duck a lot of big fights so not sure if it'll go ahead or not.

After the press conference last week and the incidents with Haye and Chisora people were calling for boxing to be banned on the radio, how stupid are some people?

The way I see it and I am not trying to argue with you, is after Hayes pathetic display last time he doesn't deserve a re-match, I have never felt so let down by a sporting event as his last match against Klitchko(apart from Sunderland losing to Newcastle 5-1). Then again Haye on paper would be better than Chisora but Chisora did far far better than Haye did.

Wuld love to see Haye vs. Vitali Klitschko.

Thought he was as poor as I'd ever seen him against Chisora last week - maybe taken aback a bit with how Chisora came at him. And Haye, if he actually decided to go at him, would be able to beat him purely with his speed.

Klitchko hates fighting anyone who goes at him he can't handle it. He likes to bully people to fight his style. If anyone wants to beat him just don't give into him and make him actually fight. If not he'll just tire you out with grabbing you and holding on.

Haye was poor against Wlad and just didn't turn up, lost me a lot of money. If Haye turns up he'd beat them both but Vitali will be hard because he can take a punch and can dish power out himself and Haye as a weak chin. It would be a good match up to see if speed and power can over come just sheer brte strength of Vitali.

After the press conference last week and the incidents with Haye and Chisora people were calling for boxing to be banned on the radio, how stupid are some people?

The way I see it and I am not trying to argue with you, is after Hayes pathetic display last time he doesn't deserve a re-match, I have never felt so let down by a sporting event as his last match against Klitchko(apart from Sunderland losing to Newcastle 5-1). Then again Haye on paper would be better than Chisora but Chisora did far far better than Haye did.

Haye doesn't want a re-match he wants Vitali instead. I think he'll probably get it too eventually as Klitchko vs Haye would be the biggest purse the heavyweight could attract for now. That's until David Price steps up. And money dictates fights sadly.

Haye doesn't want a re-match he wants Vitali instead. I think he'll probably get it too eventually as Klitchko vs Haye would be the biggest purse the heavyweight could attract for now. That's until David Price steps up. And money dictates fights sadly.

I hope Haye can win whoever he gets although he was poor last time out I will still end up buying the event.

What do you think of the prizefighter events?

I hope Haye can win whoever he gets although he was poor last time out I will still end up buying the event.

What do you think of the prizefighter events?

In 2008 we had a boxer in the competition Lee Swaby he made it to the semi. I think there a great idea I love them :)

I always heard that popularity of boxing tends to depend on how good the heavyweight fights and fighters are.

If so, I think that's a shame, as I've seen some fantastic fights in other weight divisions over the years. Much better bouts than some of the heavyweight fights. I always think it's a shame that other weight divisions don't always seem to attract as much attention as the heavyweights.

Probably the first boxers name I remember as a kid, was Marvin Haggler. :D

I always heard that popularity of boxing tends to depend on how good the heavyweight fights and fighters are.

If so, I think that's a shame, as I've seen some fantastic fights in other weight divisions over the years. Much better bouts than some of the heavyweight fights. I always think it's a shame that other weight divisions don't always seem to attract as much attention as the heavyweights.

Probably the first boxers name I remember as a kid, was Marvin Haggler. :D

Well the heavyweigh division used to be the main attraction as it used to have the biggest names and was like a tradition. But ever since Mike Tyson there asn't really been a stand out heavyweight apart from Evander. Even Lennox Lewis only had his moment due to decline in the heavyweight division. He was in the right place at the right time from a career point.

Although nowdays it's all about the Welterweights. It's fast, technical and nowdays powerful. It's a great division to follow especially with all the big names around that weight.

Do you think Mayweather and Pacquaio will ever happen? Who would your money be on?

After watching Manny's last few fights I think Mayweather would beat him.

Manny is good especially in the last 6 years or so he's got a lot better fighter with age. But Mayweather has the best defensive out of anybody that's ever lived imo. As good as Manny is Mayweather is different class. The speed and accuracy that Mayweather can counter punch is second to none. It'll happen but when Mayweather decides. He has to fight him to go down in history as the best if not people will always be 'what if' and Mayweather hates things like that.

I was lucky enough to see the Holyfield v Lewis rematch in Las Vegas in 1999. That was actually the first fight I ever went to as well. :)

I was there too, was a great night atmosphere was amazing.

Am i the only one who cannot stand Haye? I just find him to be a horrible person from the tiny amount i have seen him on TV and listened to him speak.

David Haye the person is great fun and actually down to earth. David Haye the showman can rub people up the wrong way but that's all a front and a way of him selling tickets and getting people to take notice. And it worked because everyone now knows who he is whether he is liked or hated.

Kell Brook says he will fight Khan this year. I so hope this is true as Kell Brook is amazing and would knock Khan out guaranteed. Brook hits like a truck and is fast and very accurate. He has great timing with his punches,

What did you make of Khan's last fight? I had him down as losing even without the dodgy referees docked points. From what I have seen of Kell Brock he should be able to beat Khan but whatever happens I think it will be a good fight.

I am guessing not many people in here are into the UFC?

What did you make of Khan's last fight? I had him down as losing even without the dodgy referees docked points. From what I have seen of Kell Brock he should be able to beat Khan but whatever happens I think it will be a good fight.

I am guessing not many people in here are into the UFC?

I was never a fan of Khan really and since the whole farce with his last match I think he lost all credibility. He lost the fight fair and square and was his own fault. The ref told him several times and he kept ignoring him. Even without the deduction he'd have lost imo. Khan is overrated and has too many weaknesses and to think he can beat Mayweather means he's already punch drunk at such a young age :D

Brook vs Khan would be good for British boxing. Brook is from Sheffield too \o/

I like UFC.

I

David Haye the person is great fun and actually down to earth. David Haye the showman can rub people up the wrong way but that's all a front and a way of him selling tickets and getting people to take notice. And it worked because everyone now knows who he is whether he is liked or hated.

Very true i only know Haye the showman not the person, and your right it obviously has worked.

COMMEEEE ONN WALLLEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

[video=youtube;AILI4KEvNgw]

(take it tongue-in-cheek fella's... how its sposed to be :) ... but seriously... we gon' beat you gurrrdddddd boooyy)

I have a feeling you'll beat us easily, I hope I'm wrong though.

I was never a fan of Khan really and since the whole farce with his last match I think he lost all credibility. He lost the fight fair and square and was his own fault. The ref told him several times and he kept ignoring him. Even without the deduction he'd have lost imo. Khan is overrated and has too many weaknesses and to think he can beat Mayweather means he's already punch drunk at such a young age :D

Brook vs Khan would be good for British boxing. Brook is from Sheffield too \o/

I like UFC.

He would have no chance against Mayweather.

Reasonably good card for tonight's UFC. Rampage might be past it a bit but I still love the guy.

I was there too, was a great night atmosphere was amazing.

For sure. It was more like a football match with the Brits chanting :D

There were ten of us went from Manchester, staying at the Luxor hotel. We spent ten days there, as we decided that as well as the boxing, we might as well have a blast in Las Vegas. What an amazing place.

We don't like Welsh people around these parts. Welshace, please go away...........

Edit - I must point out to any Welshmen reading the thread that haven't any interaction with me before that I am joking. Nearly all of what I say is tongue-in-cheek. I don't hate the Welsh. Much.

(take it tongue-in-cheek fella's... how its sposed to be :) ... but seriously... we gon' beat you gurrrdddddd boooyy)

Just about to head off to one of the most Welsh pubs in town to watch this. :cool:

We don't like Welsh people around these parts. Welshace, please go away...........

Edit - I must point out to any Welshmen reading the thread that haven't any interaction with me before that I am joking. Nearly all of what I say is tongue-in-cheek. I don'thate the Welsh. Much.

A disclaimer from you? :eek:

A disclaimer from you? :eek:
Tom been cautious. Wtf has happened to you?

Hmmm well in this case I thought that seen as I was having ago about a specific group of people, that it may be best.

Yes it wasn't intended seriously, anyone who knows me would realise that. But, just imagine if I had said the same thing about Pakistani's, for instance. It wouldn't have drawn the same jovial responses from you both.

Even I'm aware that sometimes I'm a bit too close to the edge, and a disclaimer is necessary because someone I dont know is bound to be offended.

I do hate the Welsh though.

You know, with the exception of anyone who has even been associated with Manchester United. And Gary Speed.

[video=youtube;AILI4KEvNgw]

sounds a bit similar to how we look at national team hockey around here, results dont really mather as long as we beat the fins on regular basis

Cleon: aren't you underrating the value of good movement and reach a bit? Khan have both of those....even if his stamina and punching power is a bit limited....or is it that you dislike his style of boxing?

AcidBurn: I like to watch UFC a fair bit (and MMA in general), but I have not been able to follow it on regular basis as of late since i no longer have the tv channals for it

Cleon: aren't you underrating the value of good movement and reach a bit? Khan have both of those....even if his stamina and punching power is a bit limited....or is it that you dislike his style of boxing?

He doesn't move that good. He does against someone lesser boxers but against worldclass boxers they make him look static. He does have reach though but hes more about his speed above everything else and doesn't use it to his advantage really.

Just had some chinese food for the first time ever and I like it :D.

wtf ever? You've never had it before? Ever?

On a selfish note i wish i'd started posting updates in there ages ago. I use to do updates here in the GPTG, but your posts get lost amongst all the other **** and probably dont even get read.

Then there is the fact that some of the threads, (namely the United and Liverpools ones), are so cliquey that when you ask for advice or even post anything remotely interesting you just get totally ignored.

I hate people. *sad face*

Lots of people enjoyed your updates in here Tom.

Hi Purefun, I'm tired, 4 hours sleep or so last night, full day at work today and well, I have to code check at work tomorrow which I absolutely hate :(.

Wish I could sleep for that long. For about 3 years most I ever get is 2 hours :(

I've edited my post. I don't sleep as much as I used to due to working more hours. It's not a problem like, you get used to it. I just hate feeling tired. Although the tiredness never sets in until I've finished work, at home and I'm not active. I just crash basically and that's when the tiredness kicks in. I did it before on New Years Day Night. I did a night shift at work, only had 8 hours sleep the day before waking up at 10am on New Years Day. Tried sleeping in the day but couldn't so ended up drinking loads of coffee. I was supposed to finish at 7, started at 10 NYD Night but got asked to stay until 8. For the last hour and a half I was running on empty but still worked fairly quickly. I wasn't planning on going to sleep when I got in and was going to try and fight it. I ended up going to sleep at about half 9, so nearly 24 hours without sleep and working a 10 hour shift. I always crash after work, it does my head in but I don't really want to be active all day unless I could find something interesting that will keep me active.