Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so jealous of everyone playing FM! Only another month and 2 days to wait til the new laptop.

Tonights plan is too rest my legs after 3 days straight of intense training, then big semi final this weekend... excited isn't the word! I just wish I had FM to play while doing it :mad:

Who couldn't love him though?

Exactly.

I see there have alot of posts in here over the last couple of hours. I will address ne point inparticular;

Me As A Potential Mod, Hypothetical Or Otherwise

Are you all ****ing crazy? I can't even moderate myself, nevermind part of a forum.

:D

Me and Tom as mods. Bwahahahahahahahaha :D

We would kick ass though.

:cool:

I'm hungry, but don't know what to have for breakfast. I have curriously cinnamons and golden nuggets. I'm doing bugger all today at the moment. Although I may go to the game later. Then I'll get back, have something to eat and then I'll be off out. I think it'll be hell tomorrow morning though if I do go out :(.

You're about a year and a half behind with that observation.

What? :D

I'd only just finished watching the game. How did you know they was going to play depressingly boring today... a year and a half ago? WIZARD!

What? :D

I'd only just finished watching the game. How did you know they was going to play depressingly boring today... a year and a half ago? WIZARD!

You got it, wizard. Seriously though I can't remember the last time Chelsea played exciting football, depressing to watch a lot of the time.

Would be the wrong decision to sack AVB though. The bloke needs time and there are a lot of ego's in that dressing room which need getting rid of.

Yeah no sensible Chelsea fan wants to see that, but things have to change and it has to be the players this time. The amount of players I would want to see leave the club in the next couple of years is mental.

Would be the wrong decision to sack AVB though. The bloke needs time and there are a lot of ego's in that dressing room which need getting rid of.
Yeah no sensible Chelsea fan wants to see that, but things have to change and it has to be the players this time. The amount of players I would want to see leave the club in the next couple of years is mental.

If Chelski sack ABV, there really is no hope for them. Aside from Roman's money, they can never truly be considered a "big" club, if they keep changing managers.

For me, the sooner they get rid of the likes of Terry, Lampard, Cole, etc... the better it will be for any manager there to really shape his own team.

That said, I don't support them and the less they win, it's no skin of my nose. :D

To pay £13m for a manager and then to sack him a year later and have to pay about that much in compensation would be stupid. He has done the right thing in selling Alex & Anelka, now he just needs Drogba, Cole, Malouda, Mikel, Luiz (unless he plays DM), Kalou, Hilarious, Ferreira, Bosingwa, & possibly Lampard/Terry to go. Pretty much the whole team :lol:.

Like SRL said get rid of the players he listed, and then bring ini Joao Moutinho, great player, one of my favourites, heard today that they are after Falcao again but that's just a rumour, that would be 2 great signings already. Basically I would just gut the team and start again. :D

To pay £13m for a manager and then to sack him a year later and have to pay about that much in compensation would be stupid. He has done the right thing in selling Alex & Anelka, now he just needs Drogba, Cole, Malouda, Mikel, Luiz (unless he plays DM), Kalou, Hilarious, Ferreira, Bosingwa, & possibly Lampard/Terry to go. Pretty much the whole team :lol:.

Exactly, less about the players to get rid of and more the ones to keep long-term. Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill, Bertrand, Romeu, Ramires, Mata, Sturridge pretty much the only ones from the first team at the moment.

He was wrong, but that's life. I still don't get why he's a mod, cos he doesn't do much. Doesn't post much in here, doesn't really help much. But much with most things in life, once you get near the top or to a place with authority, it's much harder to be moved if you haven't done anything wrong.

Your welcome to PM Brocky asking why I'm mod. Heads up though, it's better if you know the full picture or at least know something about the guy your talking about before you speak like you know what's going on. :)

He was wrong doing that.

I don't remember you saying anything different at the time, I'm only a PM away after all. :thup:

I'm not gonna PM Brocky because it won't make a difference. What I don't get is, you don't post in here much now, maybe you're busy alot more now than before. What I do know is you must have done something good beforehand in here to be a mod. Maybe you don't like sharing your life as much, but Purefun and Ty usually give a heads up if they won't be on. Maybe you do in the mods room, I don't know.

Whenever you close threads, you never give the thread where things should be posted or give any help. After all it is the forum you help moderate, so surely you should be pointing people in the right direction even if it may be fairly easy to find. Just closing a thread doesn't always do the job because people just start a new one.

All I'm trying to say is, this place used to be fairly busy. Now it's not and it can be quite boring. Although that's nothing to do with you.

Edit: I didn't say anything at the time. What could I say? But you still said it wasn't needed. After all I was only trying to help. I can't quite remember what you said, or what I said. I'm sure it all started when I posted two or three player threads because Purefun said to and you said, no need to keep posting a new post everytime iirc. Purefun also told me to do that. I don't see you telling SRL to stop now.

What should have (which Purefun could have possibly done) been pointed out to people is I'm not a mod in the GPTG section, I spoke to NB and stepped down from this section long before TY become a mod. He asked I stay on and help out in other sections when it's needed. I've been around since 2006, so your view point doesn't paint the whole picture. Do you think I would have been appointed a mod (from being recommended) of the GPTG if I wasn't helpful at all?

Some people know me on here (most of the old school guys to be fair), others don't. On the same hand I'm fairly open if people ask me a question I don't not answer them. But I'm not going to just parade my life all over the place just because I can. It's bad enough that people post every single detail of there life on Facebook or Twitter. When I first joined I had alot more free time, I was at college then uni so free time wasn't an issue. Life changes when you leave education, especially for me in the last year.

When your a mod you realise what ever you do is never right to somebody. Everyone think it's all roses being a mod, you've no idea of some of the crap we have to put up with. Or the pathetic constant abusive PM's you may get for making a sensible call. Sitting on the other side of the fence is easy and moaning about others isn't hard either. To somehow claim I'm a reason (or part of the reason) you stopped being 'helpful' is such an easy get out. If you wanted to make a difference you would have carried on regardless. Don't try to make me out as a baddie thinking because I'm not visible on here I wouldn't call you out on it.

The point that you refer to is sometimes people will create a mass of player threads to start off with but then they won't be kept active so it can sometime be a pointless effort. Ideally we would like people to start player threads who can maintain them and post updates etc and help others on questions about that player. That was why you were asked to just calm down then. It's never going to be perfect though.

The GPTG forum doesn't work too well (in theory it's great) because you have two categories of posters in here. Those that keep club threads active and post questions/updates about that club in the club thread, they expect others to do the same. The other category is those who just want an instant quick answer on something, usually a buy question, they don't really do club updates or want to post questions about things in the club thread. The problem is even with the amount of users that are browsing the GPTG the instant answer doesn't always arrive, but people expect an MSN type instant response.

There was some internal debate about how this could be improved, but ultimately what ever decision was made one of group of posters wouldn't be happy. It would have been interesting to try the experiment of having a sub forum in the GPTG so that people could use that sub forum to post questions they want an instant answer to (while keeping the man GPTG for club threads etc), but then you lose some of the positives about keeping everything in one place. It's not perfect, no system is.

My view doesn't paint the whole picture, correct. But I did say you must have done something good in here beforehand to be a mod. It's fully down to you. I have less time now, but at the time you said it wasn't needed, I still had a fair bit of time on my hands and still helped. So yeah you did contribute to me helping less in here.

Player threads will never be kept active. People try, but if a save game is no longer being played, then well it's easy to lose interest in keeping that specific thread updated. I think a sub forum would be great tbh. Because it'd be easier to keep tidy because you could get admins to delete threads from there everytime it's needed. The help threads could be stickied in there to make them more easily accessible which would possibly reduce how many threads are then created.

TY was appointed because Hopey was no longer mod.

And it's common for mods to start in one forum and end up being in a different one over time. Peoples interest change and SI are quite good and try and accomodate you in a different forum. Although in all honesty all mods are global mobs and can/do stuff in all forums. It is hard been a mob for the reasons he's pointed out above. People always accuse you of changing and been different, but we are. You have to change when you're a mod as you have different responsibilites and over time you can lose interest in a particular forum.

I've had loads of abuse this week just for closing a few threads in GD, in fact I've had 4 PM's today. We get loads of **** flown at us just for closing a thread.

I was the one who put Hopey forward to be a mod along with PF and I still think I made the correct decision as he's been good. H emay not be a regular in here anymore but does it really matter? We got someone else in to take the pressure off PF. But in all honesty this forum is quite simliar to tactics forum and runs itself due to having a good community who are helpful. Not every forum on here has this.

people think that when you close a thread you should always post something and offer advice, in a perfect world maybe. But in reality we don't always get the time or have the patience answering the same questions over and over. Especially if it's a forum you no longer have an interest in. I think some of this critisism of Hopey is uncalled for and unfair especially when none of you know the full story.

My view doesn't paint the whole picture, correct. But I did say you must have done something good in here beforehand to be a mod. It's fully down to you. I have less time now, but at the time you said it wasn't needed, I still had a fair bit of time on my hands and still helped. So yeah you did contribute to me helping less in here.

Player threads will never be kept active. People try, but if a save game is no longer being played, then well it's easy to lose interest in keeping that specific thread updated. I think a sub forum would be great tbh. Because it'd be easier to keep tidy because you could get admins to delete threads from there everytime it's needed. The help threads could be stickied in there to make them more easily accessible which would possibly reduce how many threads are then created.

People don't read the sub forum really though if we did have one. We've got one in tactics and have stickies for a lot of things but people still don't look or search, they still post without looking asking a particular questions what's already been answered. In theory the sub forums are great but in reality they don't work because people just want to post for an answer without having a look around first.

I've had loads of abuse this week just for closing a few threads in GD, in fact I've had 4 PM's today. We get loads of **** flown at us just for closing a thread.

I am tempted to fling you some abuse right now! Why do you have a yellow light? I WANT ONE!

Also, same as above... "Ty"... please, not TY :D

I am tempted to fling you some abuse right now! Why do you have a yellow light? I WANT ONE!

Also, same as above... "Ty"... please, not TY :D

TY is better though :(

I bet it was you from an alias earlier abusing me.

And I have a yellow light because I'm set as offline in the account/general settings