Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Broke my right hand Monday night (I am right handed)... never knew how much it would make easy every day tasks so hard.

Putting on socks/deodorant, getting dressed in general, and even wiping my arse is awkward left handed :D

Broke my right hand Monday night (I am right handed)... never knew how much it would make easy every day tasks so hard.

Putting on socks/deodorant, getting dressed in general, and even wiping my arse is awkward left handed :D

I once broke both at the same time in a bad accident, now that was difficult :(

They can take ages to heal too. Did you have to have any pins in them or anything?

Agree with the arse wiping, that'd be so difficult! :D

:D Genuinely so awkward!

I once broke both at the same time in a bad accident, now that was difficult :(

They can take ages to heal too. Did you have to have any pins in them or anything?

I couldn't imagine breaking both! Finding it difficult enough with only 1 hand..

I had my x-rays done Tuesday, and he said it was a clean break of the two middle metacarpels and said he wouldn't have to fiddle around with it and push it all back in place and they'd heal nicely. He strapped my fingers and put me in this temporary splint thing. I go back early next week, more x-rays and to get it 'set'. I am thinking that cause it's clean that pins shouldn't be required (as they didn't do it right away as well)... so maybe a cast and I'll be on my way! (Fingers crossed on my left hand)

I am scared as hell of hospitals, so the thought of having to go back and someone making sure my bones are alligned by pushing on them is making me feel sick. I slightly touch my hand wrong and the pain is excruciating... let alone someone physically pushing and pulling on it :(

I am scared as hell of hospitals, so the thought of having to go back and someone making sure my bones are alligned by pushing on them is making me feel sick. I slightly touch my hand wrong and the pain is excruciating... let alone someone physically pushing and pulling on it :(

You big girl.

Just hope it doesn't bruise or you'll be screaming like a girl :D

Speaking of breaks, I broke my nose last night :D First time I've broke something. As if I wasn't ugly enough, I've now got a broken nose :D Went to the hospital earlier, to go back next Friday when the swelling has gone down and they'll advise me on getting it reset or not. Quite a grisly break - landed right on my nose. Could have easily broke my teeth if not for my nose breaking the fall aha.

Hospital rang back today, my appointment is the 19th. That will be exactly 2 weeks after the break, seems an excessive amount of time :( want it sorted now.

I know this is an off topic thread but I’d rather post here than in GD and get all the idiots responding. Is the manager rep in FM14 a bit broke? Only reason I ask is I have taken Berwick Rangers from div3 (I refuse to call it whatever stupid name they call it now) in Scotland to the SPL. Yet if I apply for pretty much any job i am all but laughed off. I can understand it from another countries point of view as Scotland has a low rep. However surely within Scotland i should be getting better offers than div 2?

It's something that has been mentioned before, and I'm sure it was reported in the bugs forum. You might want to have a look there.

I know this is an off topic thread but I’d rather post here than in GD and get all the idiots responding. Is the manager rep in FM14 a bit broke? Only reason I ask is I have taken Berwick Rangers from div3 (I refuse to call it whatever stupid name they call it now) in Scotland to the SPL. Yet if I apply for pretty much any job i am all but laughed off. I can understand it from another countries point of view as Scotland has a low rep. However surely within Scotland i should be getting better offers than div 2?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D.

It's something that has been mentioned before, and I'm sure it was reported in the bugs forum. You might want to have a look there.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D.

I assume seeing as you responded and commented you are highlighting yourself?

Seriously though thanks for the advice.

Depends when you started the game, some games started before the most recent patch with Sunday League rep means it's virtually impossible to get a new job no matter how well you do.

Depends when you started the game, some games started before the most recent patch with Sunday League rep means it's virtually impossible to get a new job no matter how well you do.

I started the game before January, I can't remember when. Thank you for the response though.

I am currently watching the Liverpool vs Arsenal game. I have to say, as alluded to earlier, Man untd have pretty much just lost any hope of 4th place. I am keen to see what reason the Man Untd fans come up with for the absolute abysmal perfomance so far this year. I believe that Tom has stated, in this thread, that a top 4 finish and a cup win would be a fair result this season. What result do you think would be a good result now Tom (i am not singling you out Tom. I just think you will give me an honest answer)?

I reckon this may be the only time that Man Untd fans want Arsenal to win. If Liverpool win this then i reckon Man Untd are pretty much gone from the top 4 race.

Really? Same gap if we win tomorrow. Seven points with thirteen games to go is nothing really.

Really? Same gap if we win tomorrow. Seven points with thirteen games to go is nothing really.

Same gap but the teams above seem to be much better placed. Who would have thought this time last year that Liverpool would beat Arsenal 5-0, but they are about too. The real question is really can you see Man Untd making the top four? And i mean can you see it when you take off your Man Untd hat?

Same gap but the teams above seem to be much better placed. Who would have thought this time last year that Liverpool would beat Arsenal 5-0, but they are about too. The real question is really can you see Man Untd making the top four? And i mean can you see it when you take off your Man Untd hat?

Liverpool have to come to Old Trafford, and still have to face City, Chelsea. Yes we have Arsenal away Tuesday and City to come to Old Trafford, but Im not fussed about a even point gap in the slighest.

Moreover, I'm not really concerning myself with what Liverpool are doing or how many points we are off fourth place. We've got fourteen games left, and the aim is to win all fourteen and see where that gets us.

I reckon this may be the only time that Man Untd fans want Arsenal to win. If Liverpool win this then i reckon Man Untd are pretty much gone from the top 4 race.

Few Spurs fans I know were getting stick for wanting Arsenal to win, just silly really. If Arsenal win/Liverpool lose then Spurs can get closer to the 4th spot they crave so much. Some fans are ridiculous really :D

1902749_10202261554636933_1609388937_n.jpg?oh=f1be89aa9b577cb13cab90f2c83e7001&oe=52F836A6&__gda__=1392005552_e43a15d628ff0e402c133a0827510d8d

I'll take that comment with the pinch of salt i hope it was meant with. I quite gladly support my team, Glasgow Rangers despite the recent & ongoing turmoil. I wonder though what Moyes has to do to be seen to be failing?

It seems that just because Sir Alex appointed him he is untouchable. Alex earned the right to have a bad season. What has Moyes done other than take Man Untd backwards?

Again i am not trying to bag Man Untd so much as wondering when the fans will surely voice thier discontent, which i believe can't be too far away.

We've voiced plenty of discontent, but there's a big difference between voicing discontent and asking for someone to be sacked, as you are suggesting would be the right course of action.

The guy is following the greatest manager of all time, (if anyone disagree's then do us a favour and stop breathing), and is just eight months into a six year contract. To sack him would be just plain stupid. We're not some nonsense club living in a false economy like Chelsea or City, and we have our principles of giving managers time that we are very pleasantly sticking to.

The time to judge him is when he has the team and squad he wants and when he has had a run with them. Basically the end of next season. Anything before that is just foolish, and it's frankly embarrassing to even suggest otherwise.

That's a fair enough comment and i hope he gets the time to stamp his own authority on the team so to speak. However i think the days of teams being able to keep a manager for a few seasons while he installs his philosophy in the team are gone. there (sp?) is far too much money involved these days for any company, and really thats what teams are nowadays, to allow any reduction in revenue.

I have a genuine dislike for Man Utd as a club, and nor am I David Moyes' biggest fan, but the football fan inside me wishes him the best of luck in the role, and if he is to be sacked then it would be a stupid decision.

I have a genuine dislike for Man Utd as a club, and nor am I David Moyes' biggest fan, but the football fan inside me wishes him the best of luck in the role, and if he is to be sacked then it would be a stupid decision.

Why you have such a dislike for United. You're not from Liveprool, you're part of that rivalry. (Not having a go here, just a genuine question).

There's a chap on Twitter from Wales who supports Arsenal and he comes out with such hatred towards Tottenham, but I've no idea why. He's Welsh, what on earth has the rivalry actually got to do with him? Madenss.

Why you have such a dislike for United. You're not from Liveprool, you're part of that rivalry. (Not having a go here, just a genuine question).

When I had a season ticket for Liverpool. It stemmed from there really because of the people I was around.

That's because you don't constantly spam the hell out of the place.

Pot, kettle, black :D.

So what's everyone been up to? Good weekend had by all?

Quiet one for me. Just feeling drained from working constantly so took it easy. What about yourself?

I started back at the gym last week and started eating more healthier. In a week I have lost 12lbs.

Not sure that losing that much weight is too healthy to be honest. Well done for getting back in to the gym but make sure you're not starving yourself or anything :D