Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

They may query why he is taking his laptop with him!

Just hope he doesn’t score a 95th minute winner and start screaming with delight :D

Ha, on current form it's more likely to be concede a 95 minute loser and then moan in despair. What do you think would sound worse to my colleagues? ha ha ha

Looks like Harry.

Sky Sports understands Harry Redknapp has agreed a deal to succeed Mark Hughes as Queens Park Rangers manager.

Hughes was sacked as Rangers boss on Friday morning with the club rooted to the bottom of the table and without a win in the Premier League this term.

The future of Hughes at Loftus Road had been in severe doubt since last weekend's defeat at home to fellow strugglers Southampton, with fans calling for Redknapp to replace him.

The QPR board have now decided to wield the axe and have turned to Redknapp to save their season.

Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki will take charge for the match away to Manchester United on Saturday and Sky Sports understands Redknapp will formally take control of first-team affairs after this weekend's clash at Old Trafford.

Redknapp has been out of work since leaving Tottenham in June and he has been linked with a number of jobs since, but he is now poised to get back into management at Loftus Road.

I just lol'd at this,

Why do I always see Pep this and Pep that. Pep was handed the Barca team on a plate and lets be honest, any one of us with that team could have achieved what he did. He didnt change the way they play, he didnt change any tactics, he didnt change any players other than bring a handful in. Villa was probs the best signing he made, but again, the Barca team he inherited wasnt changed for years, and rightly so didnt need to change. Put him in a mid-table team and he wouldnt be that great of a manager.

can some one explain to me why the hell Rafa benitez is chelsea Manager !?

Because he is the only one who can get Torres firing. Apparently.

I just lol'd at this,

Which nugged said that?

The guy has a point about Guardiola, (of course not the bit where he says anyone could do it), and i agree, hence why the other day i said Chelsea will appoint the myth that is Guardiola at the end of the season.

To laugh and completely right off the point is just plain daft.

Yes and no, Pep DID change the way they played, big time, he also made big personal changes and brought the best out of players like Iniesta (who was almost sold before he came in) and he changed the way Messi played and got the best out of him. He sold the superstars and made the local players into superstars. Xavi was always good, but under Pep he became world class, same for a few of them.

He made Barca into probably the worlds best ever club side, even if it was the exact players he was left with, he did that, no one previous to him in recent years has come close to achieving what he did at that club.

I would say he inherited an Ikea flat pack bed. All the pieces were there, they just had to be fitted together. And there are a lot of managers out there who could have done it.

The last i'll say on the matter is that it'll be interesting to see how he gets on with his next job, where he wont have a collection of some of the greatest players of a generation.

Why? ........'

Long week at work, had some very rough shifts which has really pissed me off to be fair so I could do with one. The mrs has bought me some beer, she is having some wine & we're just chilling as the kids arent here :).

Hopefully the waster, (drug taking I strongly have a problem with, not the bloke in general), gets knocked out.

Everyone makes mistakes and to be fair he's sorted his life out now. But I agree and also have issue with drug taking.

Everyone makes mistakes and to be fair he's sorted his life out now. But I agree and also have issue with drug taking.

In fairness I was a bit harsh, regrdless of my feelings of his drug taking. He's Manchester lad like me and it'll be great for him to win.

Drunkeness was achieved :thup:.

I was arseholed after seven pints. That was probably because aside from last Saturday when I went for a curry after the game, (only had a couple), I haven't had a drink for three weeks, not even last Sunday when I was in the pub for the Leeds - Millwall game.

On another note, I'm having a play around on FM with Real Madrid, and I'm disappointed that I can't issue an instruction to Ronaldo to target Barcelona's right back for my next match.

I read an article from Gary Neville last week about Ronaldo, and he said that he would have a look at who was playing for the opposition and decide who to target. Now of course he can't do that himself on FM, but I would really like to be able to tell him to target Javier Mascherano/Joe Bloggs/whoever.

On another note, I'm having a play around on FM with Real Madrid, and I'm disappointed that I can't issue an instruction to Ronaldo to target Barcelona's right back for my next match.

I read an article from Gary Neville last week about Ronaldo, and he said that he would have a look at who was playing for the opposition and decide who to target. Now of course he can't do that himself on FM, but I would really like to be able to tell him to target Javier Mascherano/Joe Bloggs/whoever.

You can do it via the media though by commenting on the player who is playing. This then could make him anxious/nervous etc for the next match. And Ronaldo would take advantage of that.