Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Haha just reading some Man Utd fans say Jones did nothing going forward yesterday and was glad he was subbed. Do they not realise his job was just to shadow Fellani and he did that excellent. I thought Jones was excellent and very disciplined. It's not easy to be given a certain task and concentrate on that for 90 minutes and I thought he man marked Fellani really well. His job wasn't to get forward yesterday it was to stop Fellani ripping you apart from the middle and it worked for most parts.

He had 47 touches of the ball before he was subbed and did 31 passes which gave him a passing accuracy of 94% and was better than any other Man Utd player. He also made 5 interception, only Vidic got more but he did play the full 90.

For me Jones was the reason why Fellani was poor yesterday he totally took him out of the game.

De Gea is fantastic for starting attacks I honestly don't think any other keep in the Prem is on his level with spotting quick counter attacking situations.

I did not watch the game yesterday, but I have not been particularly impressed the few times I have seen Jones play and he have not lived up to the price tag on those occasions (which is not surprising considering that he is still young and still learning), so it may very well be that they are watching with tainted glasses and have already made up there mind and such fail to see when he is doing well

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

And if the payment is pending it is just a case of waiting till its cleared?

Yeah just wait until its cleared. But you might wanna have a read of this https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/paypal-funds-availability

I did not watch the game yesterday, but I have not been particularly impressed the few times I have seen Jones play and he have not lived up to the price tag on those occasions (which is not surprising considering that he is still young and still learning), so it may very well be that they are watching with tainted glasses and have already made up there mind and such fail to see when he is doing well

You'd have to be pretty naive and a moron not to realise his role yesterday in all fairness. The way some of them are talking they expected him to be bombing forward attack after attack...

You'd have to be pretty naive and a moron not to realise his role yesterday in all fairness. The way some of them are talking they expected him to be bombing forward attack after attack...

I think he gets incorrectly typecast as a rampaging fullback after some displays last year. You are correct that it would be pretty hard not to see that he wasn't playing that role yesterday - he demonstrated the sort of qualities which showed why he'll end up as a very good centre back when his versatility stops being taken advantage of.

Afternoon all. Watching the premier leagues greatest goals on fox sports (Aussie equivalent of Sky for thoise that dont know) and have to say Robbie Fowler really should have done better with his talent than he did. Think it was showing the 95/96 season and he scored some stunning goals.

International duty really pisses me off. Pienaar managed to get injured twice in 1 international break, with the second injury leaving him out for 8-10 months, Yttegard Jenssen's and John Heitinga also just came back injured. At least Baines, Fellaini and Jelavic are okay though.

International duty really pisses me off. Pienaar managed to get injured twice in 1 international break, with the second injury leaving him out for 8-10 months, Yttegard Jenssen's and John Heitinga also just came back injured. At least Baines, Fellaini and Jelavic are okay though.

It's called an Off Topic Thread for a reason. :thup:

Just reading Sky Sports news and see that the Anzhi director believes that Samba is one of the top 5 defenders playing in Europe at the moment. They apparently wept that he was leaving but belive QPR are crazy for buying him stating he willl be on slightly less than he was on at Anzhi, hw does that work?

If the story is true and Samba is on less money than he was on at Anzhi then i believe it is with a view to him putting himself in the shop window, in the belief that QPR will bw relegated.

It's called an Off Topic Thread for a reason. :thup:

My mistake, thought you could post some FM stuff in here, as a Mod had done the same just a few posts above mine.

Samba's a good defender, but one of the best in Europe? I don't agree with that, wouldn't even consider him one of the top defenders in the division tbh. He's good, but £100,000 a week good? I don't think so.

Just reading Sky Sports news and see that the Anzhi director believes that Samba is one of the top 5 defenders playing in Europe at the moment. They apparently wept that he was leaving but belive QPR are crazy for buying him stating he willl be on slightly less than he was on at Anzhi, hw does that work?

If the story is true and Samba is on less money than he was on at Anzhi then i believe it is with a view to him putting himself in the shop window, in the belief that QPR will bw relegated.

In my view it will be more likely that either:

a) It's in response to the "alleged" racism suffered by Samba and other players in Russia

b) Money doesn't buy happiness; not everyone is happy doing an Eto'o and picking up a fortune to be an "ambassador" for a rich league - see Anelka and Drogba as further examples

My mistake, thought you could post some FM stuff in here, as a Mod had done the same just a few posts above mine.

Samba's a good defender, but one of the best in Europe? I don't agree with that, wouldn't even consider him one of the top defenders in the division tbh. He's good, but £100,000 a week good? I don't think so.

Don't worry Tom can a bit abrasive to newcomers, especially if they don't conform to his view of how people shoulld post.

Samba is an OK defender but not one worth 100K in my opinion. He is very good in the air, from memory, and will get QPR a few goals from that, I also believe he will improve QPR’s defence but not by 12.5m worth. In saying that if he helps them stay up then that is money well spent same as when Villa bought Bent to help them stay up.

Haha, fair enough. Newcomer in terms of posting and visiting regularly I suppose, but been a member since 2007, so I know how these forums work, but I know how people can be, and I'm not going to take it personally.

Oh yeah, he's very good in the air, very strong, he's definitely a Premier League defender, but he almost certainly is not a £100,000 a week defender, and I think it's going to take a hell of a lot to keep QPR up. If anyone can keep a side up when they look down and out then it's Harry, he pulled off a miracle with Pompey, and they were in a much worse situation than QPR are in now!

In my view it will be more likely that either:

a) It's in response to the "alleged" racism suffered by Samba and other players in Russia

b) Money doesn't buy happiness; not everyone is happy doing an Eto'o and picking up a fortune to be an "ambassador" for a rich league - see Anelka and Drogba as further examples

I wasn't really aware of the racism story that much, like i say i only really get to watch the EPL live, but if true would seem to make a bit more sense. Still i find it an odd choice that he has went to QPR. If his release clause was only 12.5m i would imagine some mid table teams would have been able to out bid QPR.

Haha, fair enough. Newcomer in terms of posting and visiting regularly I suppose, but been a member since 2007, so I know how these forums work, but I know how people can be, and I'm not going to take it personally.

Oh yeah, he's very good in the air, very strong, he's definitely a Premier League defender, but he almost certainly is not a £100,000 a week defender, and I think it's going to take a hell of a lot to keep QPR up. If anyone can keep a side up when they look down and out then it's Harry, he pulled off a miracle with Pompey, and they were in a much worse situation than QPR are in now!

Don't worry about Tom he just likes to wind the newcomers up to sort the chaffe from the wheat, to use a very overused analogy.If you ignore him and post in here then you will have some fun conversations.

We do, but it is just the odd twist.

Don't worry Tom can a bit abrasive to newcomers, especially if they don't conform to his view of how people shoulld post.

A bit :eek:.

You're very welcome to post in here. Just to let you know:

Purefun is a perv.

Heath, when ever he shows up is his right hand man in that sense.

Cleon looks like Butterbean or Michael van Gerwen, take your pick.

Tom is Tom.

I am nice, of course.

NF is weird.

Ty is hardly here.

Joe, god knows where he has gone to.

RT likes to swear a lot.

Fuzzrab is alright actually.

Wendsill is a dirty Dutch.

Falahk is accepted for what he is.

Will probably still be posting on here in the afternoon. :D

And sorry that I'm a better developer than you........

I got an awesome regen to be fair that's why he didn't get the games :(

I wanna see twitter pics of you getting drunk in a silly Spanish hat :D

Not really my thing to go round documenting what I'm doing via pictures. I'll be too busy enjoying myself.

Annd you surely didn't have said regen in the first season? Could have given him games then. Tut tut.

2nd season. In first season I used mainly De Jong/Siggy . I really wish I had though.

Sold Kolbeinn after the second season, was sick of his injuries. Thrilled to get £8.5million for him.

Played 13 times for me in total because of the injuries. Never had a player like him before and never wish another.

Hmm something is wrong today. I've had 2 PM's giving me praise which was nice to see. I only ever get abusive ones as a rule due to my somewhat abrupt tone at times :D

I've put effort into your Ajax thread. Second highest poster. :cool:

On another note;

Wowzers_zpse90f32b9.png

I'm stunned, truly stunned.

You never had that before? Even the FA realise that you can't stop Denswil from playing. I've got that attached to him I buy him now for every club :o

What other games are on tonight? I'm not really keen on watching Celtic.

You never had that before? Even the FA realise that you can't stop Denswil from playing. I've got that attached to him I buy him now for every club :o

What other games are on tonight? I'm not really keen on watching Celtic.

First time I've had it on an FM since 07 I think.

The only other Champions League game is Valencia - PSG. On ESPN there's an FA Cup replay between Leicester and Huddersfield.