Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

Because they only got promoted last season and still have a chance of staying up, perhaps?

Some owners just don't see the virtue in trusting in a manager long term. If they were to go down this campaign, who's to say that McDermot wouldn't lead them straight back up? He'd be better prepared for the Premier League then and could well take them on to better things.

Why is it always "Now! Now! Now!" these days?

I couldn't agree more. Reading have the worse squad in the league imo and have spent little money. They were always going to be really lucky to stay up but he was the right man for the job imo. No-one has done more for the club than he has. He's developed players and put in place a great foundation and even if they went down I believe he'd have been the man to bring them back up first attempt. Its a stupid decision.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

What if they appoint a new manager and they stay up. Would it still be a stupid decision then?

No, but how likely is that? Reading have done as well as can be expected with limited resource.

It's another knee jerk decision from an owner with no idea about how football "works".

If ever there was a need to make a change, it should have been done sufficiently long ago to allow the new manager to have a chance to embed his thinking.

I wasn't going to buy FM this year but I saw it was 50% off on steam.

In previous years, there used to be mega-threads with uploaded training schedules that for the most part worked very well.

I am getting the impression there are no more training schedules in this years FM? If that's the case, can anyone link me to a general training guide?

I am on the brink of exploding with fury at work, I've already shouted at an entire team using inappropriate language and now the office is very quiet.

Long story short - we got a very logical system to help us do stuff more efficiently, and I have to make sure it works.

Logical stuff needs logical input, and I'm surrounded by illogical tossers who can't stick to what they promised.

Fortunately those promises were documented by me and I keep waving the document at them when they say "well, it should still be able to do this, that and the other".

Bumders.

You sick **** :(.

Ironic calling me the sick one.

Outstanding effort.

You'd have posted something along the same lines had I not :D

My meltdown has dipped to a calm plateau before another eruption in an hour or so.

I have bought a Dairy Milk to make myself feel better.

ben &jerry's Peanut butter me up is what you need.

Got a new battery for my laptop direct from ASUS. It didn't cost me which was good. Although my DC Jock is on its last legs and my left and right mouse buttons are on their way, which I will get fixed, I can at least use my laptop for again.

You're always munching on something...............usually ****.

You gotta admit it looks nice though normally :D

What are people up to this week-end?

Decorating again as we had new doors fitted yesterday throughout the house :(

Not much this evening.

Tomorrow I'll watch the Eveton - City game before heading to Manchester for our game. Lord knows about the evening when I get back though as the missus is out. Sunday, hmmmmm, not sure.

Nothing tonight, it's been a bitch of a week so will likely have a couple tonight and relax. Manchester Saturday for the game. Sunday... Don't know. Missus will likely want to do something so will let her decide.