'Locking' player instructions

I thought I'd seen in the blogs leading up to release that you could 'lock' player instructions to specific players/positions. I took this to mean that I could set up tactics and say whenever Downing is selected on the left wing i want him to cross from the byline and move into channels but when i select Surez i want him to be an inside forward - that sort of thing. Now I can't for the life of me seem to find this feature - does it exist, and if so where is it/how do I do it?

[video=youtube;ZuCsM9pvV80]

The above is the video from the blogs prior to release, sounds like we've misunderstood what was explained initially (2:15ish is the explanation about roles)

The crucks of it is, from the player instructions menu you are able to change the player role per, tactic, that role is then saved with that tactic.

It's just a quicker way of being able to change roles in different tactics without having to save the existing tactic before switching to another.

You lock player behaviour via PPMs; tactics are instructions you give that should change over time.

So if in your tactic you have a winger position. Then giving Downing the PPM "run down the left" would make him a winger proper, giving Suarez the PPM "cuts inside" would make him an inside forward.

In many (not all) cases you have a choice between giving players a PPM or setting it in the tactics. The question isnt "how" but "why"!

In addition, pay attention to TIs, like "exploit the middle" or "exploit the flanks" that fundamentally change the behaviour of players.

Archived