Edinson Cavani

DeeTee

I'm probably the only one that is really struggling with Cavani. Bought him with Chelsea in first season and playing upfront with Torres. I've tried Target Man and Complete Striker but can't seem to get him firing at all. He has taken a battering with his confidence now low as he isn't scoring goals. Had a chat with him, and the next game he bagged a brace against Man Utd, but nothing since. Stats read played 11, scored 2.

Any suggestion, or might he be taking time to settle. My team is pretty new (5 new signings) and adapting to one another, but others have hit the ground running.

Seems to always happen with me as well with Chelsea. Not necessarily with Cavani, but with others like Hamsik/Gourcuff, etc. Usually one or two players need a while to settle, but if they are quality (as Cavani is) they eventually turn it around. I've never had an issue with Targetmen/Complete Forwards not performing though (Drogs/Altidore/Dzeko in FM10, Drogs/Lukaku in FM11 and 12). Usually it's the AMC or playmaking midfielders that have the initial trouble.

What's the best way to support him? I play him infront on his own as a poacher, and he hasn't scored in 10 games and my assistant manager says I should drop him. I've got no clue how to get him to play well... More of a problem because I'm defending my premier league title with Liverpool in my 3rd season. Really poor for me so far!

What's the best way to support him? I play him infront on his own as a poacher, and he hasn't scored in 10 games and my assistant manager says I should drop him. I've got no clue how to get him to play well... More of a problem because I'm defending my premier league title with Liverpool in my 3rd season. Really poor for me so far!

It depends on the opponents defense. If they leave space behind by putting pressure or playing with a decently high line you should try to supply him with through balls,a playmaker or supporting midfielder behind him or an advanced playmaker on the wing cutting inside both do a decent job. If they defend deep there is often little space for through balls behind the defense in which case you should try to provide him with crosses or have him come a little deeper off his man so he can run at the defense or turn them when he gets the ball played into his feet.

You can also try to get the opponent out of their defensive position when they are sitting deep by playing a deep yourself and stand off the opponent. Then when they get possession they will build attacks as you are not pressing them after which you can hit them on the counter and hit them when they are out of position.

• 2 months later...

Just not doing it for me in my napoli game, I sold hamsik but brought in munian as replacement. The rest of the team is pretty much the same and is playing well. Im currently 2nd but hes just p!ss poor for me so far. Im using him as a target man with two men playing just behind him?

Just not doing it for me in my napoli game, I sold hamsik but brought in munian as replacement. The rest of the team is pretty much the same and is playing well. Im currently 2nd but hes just p!ss poor for me so far. Im using him as a target man with two men playing just behind him?

Try him as a poacher, might start him scoring a bit more. :)

• 1 month later...

I bought Cavani in my real madrid team in january 2015. He played 14 games and scored 16. He was the best buy ever!! He is in a team with carlos tevez, karim benzema, neymar and higuain, but he is always my no1 pick up front! I play him as a poacher, next to a target man striker, with 2 winger, 2 cm's, and a flat back 4. When he plays, I feel it is not a question of IF he will score, but when!

Seriously, a mega-talent for me in this game!

• 1 month later...

Four games of the season to go, for him to score around 8/9 goals to hit 100 for the season. Sort of making the game a bit too easy :o

7601054400_86145c5664_b.jpg

Edit; Finished the season, hit the 100th goal in a Champions League final.

7601439944_1b0d0a38dd_b.jpg

As brilliant as he is, and 9.9/10 will put a chance away, his wages just put me off, as Arsenal I prefer not to go over £80k and my scout reports always says he would want anywhere between £110k-140k a week on wages. Shame really :(

As brilliant as he is, and 9.9/10 will put a chance away, his wages just put me off, as Arsenal I prefer not to go over £80k and my scout reports always says he would want anywhere between £110k-140k a week on wages. Shame really :(

well then offer him 80k and try offering bigger bonuses that he may not reach in order to tease him into your team....trust me, it'd be worth it!! as long as you have got players to get the ball to him....

Archived