Eredivisie 2008/2009 - Sponsored by McDonald's, McDuck and McClaren

Roger

The mayor of Amsterdam - after conferring with his colleague in Rotterdam - decided a few weeks ago that Ajax - Feyenoord will be played without fans of the away team for the next 5 years. After 2 years the measure will be evaluated, and the duration of the ban possibly amended. This after continuing occurence of incidents surrounding the matches of both the first teams as well as the reserves.

Really?what incidents have happened this season,will that not take away the atmosphere at the game?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will that not take away the atmosphere at the game?

Hell yeah!

As for incidents, anti-Semitic chants always prop up (as a result of Ajax-fans, much like at Spurs, describing themselves as 'Jews' even though very few of them are), as well as major and minor scuffles, while in the reserves game fireworks were thrown onto the pitch. A few years back, fans came on to the pitch during an Ajax - Feyenoord reserves game and molested the Feyenoord players (Robin van Persie among them). By far the most famous incident, however, was a 'meeting' between Ajax and Feyenoord fans, some 12 years ago now I think, in a field outside Beverwijk, some 20 miles from Amsterdam, that left one man dead.

Oh what a surprises in the Dutch Cup.

The favorite for most, AZ lost to NAC breda 1-2 and Roda JC (also struggeling in the Eredivisie) thought they could advance to the semi's since they played bottom placed team Volendam, but Volendam won in Kerkrade 2-3 in extra time.

On wednesday Heerenveen and FC Twente did what most would have guessed, they won Twente against De Graafschap 1-0 and Heerenveen 3-1 against NEC.

The draw for the semi final is as follows:

Volendam - Heerenveen

FC Twente - NAC

So last evening Sparta lost to Willem II 0-1. Good business for Willem II.

News:

Romero (AZ) out for the rest of the season, fracture in his hand which occured after he hit the dressing room wall for loosing in the Cup (he wasn't good at both goals).

Will this cost AZ the title? Tbh, I never liked Didulicia and find him a average GK at most.

Fooke Booy (Sparta) Will become FC Utrecht technical manager as of next season. Booy was active as trainer at the club between 2002 - 2007 winnning two dutch cups and one dutch supercup. In that time he did both functions (traininer and technical manager) the last 2 years he was active at Utrecht.

Most intressting game for tonight, the derby of the "North" between Heerenveen and Groningen. My geuss that Heerenveen will win this with out much trouble.

Program (26th of 34 rounds) for this weekend:

07-03 De Graafschap v Heracles Almelo

07-03 sc Heerenveen v FC Groningen

08-03 ADO Den Haag v Ajax

08-03 FC Volendam v Vitesse

08-03 NAC Breda v Feyenoord

08-03 NEC v AZ

08-03 FC Twente v PSV

08-03 Roda JC v FC Utrecht

• SI Staff

Good game that was, Heerenveen - FC Groningen. Absolute thriller and even though it wasn't top notch football, it was 'bikkelen' - fighting football, I like to see that in those 'classics' or 'derbies'

I am, by the week, growing more appalled by the referees though. Even Wegereef and Vink are a bunch of idiots.

ADO - Ajax tomorrow..... (and FC Twente - PSV)

And who else thinks it's an absolute farce and a disgrace that away-supporters get banned from games? How the **** dare they ban the entire away club supporters when there's only 10 or so idiots. I think it's borderline discrimination and something should be done about it.

• SI Staff

I feel weird about it, I don't expect much, but we may aswell get a draw - I'm just ****ed off - because this is the first time this reason it's really started pumping and itching and I want to be there, but I was too lazy getting a club card.

• SI Staff

Max capacity for the home side is around 10000 and it's been sold out, or very close to on a couple occasions.

The new stadium is not bad at all, but it's missing something for me at least. It's a bit 50/50. A bunch of guys won't go anymore, especially considering the pathetic security measures in the beginning -- and some of them like it. It's not the Zuiderpark though, and it never will be.

I have to say, the nacompetitie games and especially ADO-RKC (2-1) that was great.... amazing crowd, amazing atmosphere.... close to the bigger Zuiderpark games. So a full stadium with a good crowd - that definitely gets something done.

• SI Staff

Absolutely.

I think we've finally gotten rid of the internal cancers, and a lot of people that ****ed the club over have departed. Now it's again a rebuilding phase, and I think staying up would be the key in that. (looking allright)

We have some decent players. Zwinkels, Kum, Derijck, Knopper - they could all fit at a NAC or Utrecht etc.

And we always have some youth players breaking through, Kum last season. Elia, Castelen, Bodde.... Vicento is a good one for the future.

We could and we should definitely be a stable mid-table team in 3-5 years time.

Good game that was, Heerenveen - FC Groningen. Absolute thriller and even though it wasn't top notch football, it was 'bikkelen' - fighting football, I like to see that in those 'classics' or 'derbies'

I am, by the week, growing more appalled by the referees though. Even Wegereef and Vink are a bunch of idiots.

Agreed, good game to watch, what a stupid way to give Garcia his second yellow. And very stupid of Jans to do the same, you know that Wegereeef (aka regelneef) will give you a red as well.

And who else thinks it's an absolute farce and a disgrace that away-supporters get banned from games? How the **** dare they ban the entire away club supporters when there's only 10 or so idiots. I think it's borderline discrimination and something should be done about it.

I normally don't go to away games, so for me it doesn't matter, but it is very stupid that indeed 10 or so can **** it up for the good fans. In this way the are destroying the game of football in Holland.

Red... are you nervous about tomorrow already? :D

I am as well, I have the feeling ADO will take the points away form us.

I have the feeling ADO will take the points away form us.

As mentioned, final score 1 - 1 (Wielaert 60' Verhoek 64')

Now only can hope Twente (and AZ) will drop points. Heerenveen only 1 point behind us now.

Standings:

1. AZ 26 66

2. FC Twente 26 55

3. Ajax 26 52

4. sc Heerenveen 26 51

5. PSV 26 46

6. FC Groningen 26 40

7. NAC Breda 26 39

8. FC Utrecht 26 38

9. NEC 26 36

10. Feyenoord 26 31

11. Vitesse 26 30

12. Willem II 26 28

13. Heracles Almelo 26 26

14. ADO Den Haag 26 24

15. Sparta Rotterdam 26 24

16. Roda JC 26 22

17. De Graafschap 26 20

18. FC Volendam 26 19

Volendam still not lost, only a 1 point gap to get into the relegation playoffs position.

I think that the top 4 places are secure but in which order it will end up we only can wait. Guess that AZ will win the title but Ajax and Twente (and maybe even Heerenveen) are still competing for 2nd place.

Think PSV will not make it in to the top 4 which leaves then for in Europe League playoffs games. The other three places for the Europe League playoffs still can go to everyone up to place 10, Feyenoord, will be tough for not impossible.

Also NAC, Heerenveen, Twente and relegation battlers Volendam are in the semi final of the Dutch Cup. Will they drop points because of this when they play the semi final on April 21st and 22nd.

AZ must be ecstatic! - Will Van Gaal stay there next year and spearhead the Champions League campaign?

I assume he will stay (iirc his contract runs still 1 more year) unless one of his release clause clubs/nations come and offer him a job. Those nations are Holland, England and Argentina.

Volendam will be safe. You know why? I have a track record of backing teams that seem to be doomed but survived. Last season that was Fulham.

That would be nice, for some reason I like Volendam (even my team had very difficult games against then and even lost to them in the Cup), it is a little bit a cult team to me, mostly because of their GK.

Kiki Musampa (ex Ajax, Athletico Madrid, Man City to name a few) will sign a contract until end of season with Willem II, he is a free agent since his contract with FC Seoul was bought out by the club.

Transfer news.

HEERENVEEN.

SC Heerenveen has contracted two players; The 17-year old Samir Fazli from Macedonië will join the club this summer and has singed a contract until 2014. The also 17 year old Filip Djuricic will come in January 2010 to Heerenveen. The Serbian midfielder singed a contract for 2,5 years, Manchester United was scouting him as well.

ROTTERDAM.

After the interest for NEC players Youssef El-Akchaoui and Dani Fernandez has Feyenoord now declared interest in AZ attacker Jermaine Lens. Lens suffering from a injury has only played 4 games for AZ this season. He has a contract with AZ until the summer of 2013

News from the league:

Henk Timmer and Kevin Hofland are part of the first team squad again after there injuries and will be fit on time for the match against PSV this Sunday. Timmer had a knee problem, while Hofland was suffering form a light concussion. Denny Landzaat will be match fit in two weeks and hopes to make a return for Feyenoord in the game against Volendam.

Is Van Basten really serious to put Vermeer in the first eleven? I'm not convinced.

Yes he is, he already mentioned this in the press and told the whole selection that until the end of the season Vermeer will be the NO1 GK.

Stekelenburg already asked Ajax for a solution (read, limited transfer fee, since GK who are not playing are normally not really a target for other clubs) because he felt that he was on his way back after the injury.

Vitesse Arnhem 0 - 3 NAC Breda

Boukhari, Lurling and Feher the scorers. Vitesse wasted a couple of chances in the beginning of the game, but then a nice goal from Boukhari sealed the fate of Vitesse.

Heerenveen 5 - 1 Sparta Rotterdam

Willem II Tilburg 0 - 2 Twente Enschede

So the number two of the table (Twente) and number 4 win both. Puts the pressure on Ajax, to keep up with Twente for the Title race (if it's still a race) and to keep ahead of Heerenveen who are at the moment 2 points ahead but 1 game more.

Ajax has on paper a easy game tomorrow, at home against De Graafschap.

So, the Top 4 wins. (AZ, Twente, Ajax & Heerenveen) good job. PSV looses and see the gap to NO4 spot increasing to 8 points with only 7 games to go. Looks that PSV will end up in the play offs for the Europe League.

Roda JC and De Graafschap both loose and Volendam gets a draw which leads that De Graafschap is now in last place.

Roda JC and De Graafschap both loose and Volendam gets a draw which leads that De Graafschap is now in last place.

Volendam unlucky to not get all three points and maybe get above Roda too. Come on boys!

Got my tickets in the post for the Marseille game. I don't think it is going to be a classic but I hope they can get through.

We are staying up, we are staying up!

although I am not a real ADO fan, for some reason I always feel that ADO needs to be in the Eredivisie.

Volendam unlucky to not get all three points and maybe get above Roda too. Come on boys!

Got my tickets in the post for the Marseille game. I don't think it is going to be a classic but I hope they can get through.

They should have a chance, go the away goal, but we are lacking quality in defense. Ah let's see.

The table after 27 of 34 rounds:

1. AZ 27 69

2. FC Twente 27 58

3. Ajax 27 55

4. sc Heerenveen 27 54

5. PSV 27 46

6. FC Groningen 27 43

7. NAC Breda 27 42

8. FC Utrecht 27 38

9. NEC 27 36

10. Feyenoord 27 34

11. Vitesse 27 30

12. Willem II 27 28

13. ADO Den Haag 27 27

14. Heracles Almelo 27 27

15. Sparta Rotterdam 27 24

16. Roda JC 27 22

17. FC Volendam 27 20

18. De Graafschap 27 20

Topscorers of the Eredivisie

1. El Hamdaoui (AZ) 20

2. N'Kufo (FC Twente), Pranjic (SC Heerenveen) 16

4. Berg (FC Groningen), Suarez (Ajax) 15

6. Demouge (Willem II) 13

7. Amoah (NAC Breda) 12

8. Arnautovic (FC Twente), Afellay (PSV) 11

10. Poepon (Sparta Rotterdam), Ari (AZ), Van der Gun (FC Utrecht), Beerens (sc Heerenveen) 9.

Was just watching Eurogoals on Eurosport. Had to laugh at the poor Sparta player conceding a penalty and getting sent off for having his nuts squished :D Tackled the ball, striker jumped up and landed on his crotch and fell over :thup:

Yeah, looked a little strange indeed. :D

Marc Overmars will quit at the end of the season. Begin of the season Overmars decided to help out his old club by start playing again since G.A. Eagles had many injuries. He then said it would be for just one season.

He will remain the board of directors of G.A Eagles.

Always liked him, but this year you could see he lost his old touch (and not to mention speed).

Apparently some players think that Robben is too selfish.

Some journalists commented that after the game against Liverpool, although I thought that it was just speculation after a heavy defeat. Now, it obvious that Huntelaar thinks he is selfish. :D

I understand them, it can happen, but I don't understand VDV. I mean, he was probably ****ed because he didn't play, but it's your teammate ffs.

• SI Staff

he is. But Robben is also in great form.

Dirty Camper Bitch (Van der Fart) has always had a terrible attitude.

FOr once I don't blame Huntelaar, who is a whiner himself too -- but why would you go out and act like this in public? I mean - the whole world is watching.... strange.

Negredo has been linked with many teams.

In my opinion, Real Madrid will buy him back, they can buy him for €5.5m, to sell him to a bigger Spanish club (Valencia, Villarreal, Sevilla...).

Although you never know with Real Madrid. I mean, they don't even have a president for next season.

Archived