FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

End of Season Update - 2016/2017 - TuS Koblenz

TuS_Koblenz.png

League:

Media Prediction - 7th

Actual Position - 1st - Graph

Bayern Munich started off with a bang, and were 7 points ahead at the half way stage of the season. We picked up form in the latter half of the season, and Bayern couldn't keep theirs up. With 3 games left, we faced Bayern, 3 points behind. And beat them. Level on points now with 2 games left, I thought the league title might be settled by GD. We won both of our games 6-0, beating Augsburg and Hannover, whilst Bayern lost at HSV in the last game of the season, meaning TuS Koblenz were Bundesliga champions for the first time in their history :*)

German Cup

Route to the Final

The Final - comfortable 3-0 win

Champions League

We were drawn into Group D along with Lyon, Rangers and Valencia. Results in the group were strangely symmetrical. 2 losses, followed by 2 wins and then 2 draws :D The last match was against Lyon, who I needed to beat to qualify for the round of 16. This happened. Massively unlucky, and we had to contend with Europa League for this season.

Group Table

Europa league - Knocked out in the semi-finals by Man City

Transfers

Main Players:

Patrice Millet

Steve Moore

Andre Neves

Giuseppe Longo

Edson - has since joined Lyon in a 5.25m deal, mistake on my part on allowing such a low release clause

Xaropinho

Previous Season Aims:

Round of 16 in the CL - failed

Top 4 finish in the league - check

Semi-finals of the German Cup - check

Next Season Aims:

Win the Bundesliga again

Quarterfinals of the CL

Season | Club | League | Position | Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013 | TuS Koblenz | German Third Division | 1st | Champions and Promoted!
2013/2014 | TuS Koblenz | German Second Division | 1st | Champions and Promoted!
2014/2015 | TuS Koblenz | German First Division | 4th | German Cup winners! Qualified for the Champions League!
2015/2016 | Tus Koblenz | German First Division | 2nd | Super Cup winners! Qualified for the Champions League!
2016/2017 | TuS Koblenz | German First Division | 1st | Double Winners!

I've arranged for these players to join the club next season.

Gilmar - 5.25m

Lucas Barral - free

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dexter - absolutely gutting news!! :( was really enjoying your game. hope you can find some way of getting it back?

PRDH - well done mate - champions of Portugal! good luck in the CL next year and keeping hold of your title

Amethyst21 - unlucky mate - sounds like a frustrating season. those runs where you just can't score are so frustrating...

el sid - \o/ well done mate. dramatic final day - i bet you couldn't believe it when you were crowned champions... good luck next season.

I'm so into the current season that I completely forgot to do a pre-season report! :p

Nevermind as I should be ready to report on the 2018-19 season tomorrow complete with a cup run (finally) and group stages in Europe. Title challenge? We'll have to see how the last few games pan out! :thup:

Elgin City - 2016/17 – Season 5(Jimbowmanuk)

Media Prediction: 12th

Actual finish: 8th

Season Tickets: 1108(+639)

Transfers

Signed 8 players over the course of the season, but all on free transfers due to club taking out a loan to upgrade stadium, they left me with next to no transfer kitty, sold Kimbembe as his wages were a tad too high and the transfer money is more important than a goalscorer who can be replaced

League

The board wanted me to avoid relegation and this looked more than achievable as we started the season scoring for fun and were looking in a good position to be in the top 6 come the split, however we really started to struggle several games should've been wins for us as we dominated and the clear cut chances were high but the players seemed to be impotent in front of goal, picking up the occasional win here and there. We never looked in danger of relegation as both Motherwell and Inverness seemed to both be very poor. A 3-2 win against Rangers in the last game before the split seemed to give the team the confidence boost they needed and we went on to win the remaing games of the season and finsh the league in a respectable position

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Scottish Cup

The board were expecting us to reach the 5th round

I felt that we could get a decent run in this competition, and earn some decent prize money to help clear some of the debt, the 4th round drew us against Nairn County, a team we beat a few seasons back so an easy win expected and an easy win it was 5-0, the 5th round gave us Forfar and we won easily again 3-0. Onto the quarter-final and we were drawn against First Div Dunfermline, who were leading 1-0 at half-time but the team soon bucked up their ideas and scored 3 times in the second half 3-1. The semi-final drew us against Hearts and I knew this would be a tough game, but what a game it was, Hearts led 2-0 at half-time but I clawed it back to 2-2 but 5 mins later they were 4-2 up and with 15 mins remaining it looked like we were out, but 2 goals in the last 7 mins sent the game into extra-time. Hearts scored and were dominating so the dream was over, until Burrows popped up with the equaliser to force penalties, Hearts lost all their confidence from 12 yards as I scored the 3, they missed their first 3 and put us through to the final 5-5(3-0 on pens). We had drawn Rangers in the final and with us beating them only weeks before I knew we had a good chance of an upset, unfortunately due to injuries and suspensions I had to play my MC Pavlicic as a second striker, a gamble which payed off for us as he scored 2 goals to give Elgin their biggest win in their entire history 3-1 victory and the Scottish Cup title, which also includes entry into the Euro Cup next season.

League Cup

Board wanted us to reach the 3rd round

We drew Sranraer in the 1st round and despatched of them comfortably 5-0, next up was Raith Rovers and another comfortable victory 3-1 this time. The 3rd round drew us against Hamilton who had just put four past us a couple weeks back in the league, this time they scored 3 but our strikers had their minds firmly on the job and scored 6, through to the quarters 6-3, First Div Partick Thistle were the next opponents and they really gave us a game taking it to extra-time but we were able to score and set up a semi-final tie against eventual league winners, Dundee United. Rode my luck in the semi-final but the shot shy United strikers never punished my defencive errors and a breakaway goal put us in the final. Hearts were the opponents in the Final and it would be a close game but we were confident of winning, 2-0 up after 30 minutes and cruising until Bonneau was sent off resulting in Hearts pulling a goal back before half-time, the second half started and we had soon restored our 2 goal lead, but the extra man gave Hearts the advantage and before I knew it the game was level, with Extra-time looming the Jambo's scored to winner in injury time, so close yet so far away, slowly getting a reputation as a cup team.

Squad

The squad is starting to look like the United Nations now with only 2 Scots in the senior squad, 1 of which is a talented looking academy player, losing 2 important players Hamann and Bonneau, as they wouldn't sign new contracts and a going to their respective homelands to bigger and better clubs, will hopefully be given a better wage budget to find their replacements

The undersoil heating was completed in February so went from a 500 strong home attendance to selling out our 3927 all seaster stadium every week, prompting the board to expand seating meaning for the 1st few months were going to only have 500 fans at home again, I will be attempting to reach the groups of the Euro cup as this will give me a lot of money and the board may upgrade training facilities.

Turned down job offers from Motherwell, Aberdeen, fierce rivals Inverness and the Nigerian national job

Season League Finish Cups Europe Achievements
2012/13 Third Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 1st round N/A Promoted!!
2013/14 Second Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 2nd round N/A Promoted!!
2014/15 First Division 4th SC 4th round, LC 3rd Round, LCC Semi-final N/A Nothing of note
2015/16 First Division 1st SC 5th round, LC 3rd round, LCC 1st round N/A Promoted!!
2016/17 Premier Division 8th SC Winner, LC runner-up N/A Won the Scottish Cup and qualified foe Europe

Congrats on the cup win jimbowmanuk :thup:

A shame you lost a few players. Hopefully, an improved rep and more prize money from Europe next year will help you get replacements :)

Cheers DodgeeD, hopefully i can have a good european season, I've just signed James Mcfadden as a coach he's got 20 for attacking and 16 for motivating all for £425 a week so think I got me a good bargain for backroom staff there

Congratulations on the title el sid, great job.

I've just had my Champions League group drawn. I don't hold up much hope. I'm in the same group as Barcelona, Man City and CSKA Moscow. Potentially could get something against CSKA, but Barcelona and City? I don't give myself a hope in hell's chance!

jimbowmanuk -congrats on the Scottish Cup win and euro qualification. That will put you straight into the fourth qualifying round, so you'll just have to get past one team for the group stages. Good luck on the draw (you might need it).

I also was offered the Nigerian national job. They said they were impressed by my track record of corruption, bungs and nepotism. When I mentioned my team's record on the pitch they admitted they didn't actually have any knowledge of that, but did ask if they thought I could transfer the funds of a recently deceased government minister through the East Stirlingshire books. So, even though I had to decline the job because of challenge rules, hopefully I'll make a nice little bundle through the money laundering.

Bad luck on the League Cup defeat. I've just had my third league Cup final in 4 years, and this time we managed to win, which is good because now, having won the bad boy, I can use the competition to give match practice to my back up players.

El Sid - congrats on your title and Cup. Looks like you may be ready to make a stab at the whole banana soon.

Amethyst21 - Hope your year of famine is followed by a bountiful harvest this season.

PRDH - Hope your lads surprise you in the Champions League.

Last match before the Premier League splits in two for the last 5 games of the season, and we had to win our match which would see us safely into the top half, (where we'd been nearly all season) with a good chance of Europe;

unless Rangers won away from home and ​Hearts and Hibs (2 points ahead but with better goal difference) drew their Edinburgh derby, in which case we'd have to win by 7 goals.

You can guess what happened. We only won 3-0, and all the other results went against us. We're in 7th place. In fact we'll finish in 7th place given that we're 22 points ahead of the team in 8th, but there will be no Europe next season. An absolute disaster.

Keçiorengücü 2018/19 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

Premier Division: 2nd

Championship Group: 2nd

(qualified for next season’s Champions League)

Turkish Cup: Semi-final

Europa League: 3rd in Group Stage

Premier Division

After finishing second in the regular season last time out, I was hoping for a return to the end of season Championship Group and that’s what we ended up doing. Our defence was improved again but we were still lethal going forward as Ankaragücü and Beşiktaş discovered to their cost. From January onwards, it was clear that it would be a battle between us, Fenerbahçe and Galatasaray for top spot. We led most of the way but the other teams always had games in hand on us and the proved crucial in the final outcome. We actually won 16 of our last 17 games but, unfortunately for us, so did Fenerbahçe, passing us near the end of the season when they finally played that game in hand and pipping us to top spot once again.

Final Table

Championship Group

I was hoping for a second place finish and a spot in next season’s Champions League qualifiers and that’s exactly what we got. However, we couldn’t help but wonder what might have been as a pair of defeats to Trabzon cost us dearly. Had we won either game (especially the one at home when Trabzon played 88 minutes with ten men!), we would have taken the title. We also acted as our own worst enemies in the penultimate game against Fenerbahçe as two own goals allowed them to grab a 3-3 draw… Still, we were impressive in two wins over Galatasaray and also performed an amazing turnaround to come back from 3-0 down to beat Fenerbahçe 4-3 in the second match. A bit more consistency next season and the title could be ours…

Final standings

Turkish Cup

After 3 seasons of going out in the 4th round, we finally got a cup run together. Granted, we beat three teams from the bottom half of the first division on the way to the semis but we were still happy to final progress. That set up an epic semi-final clash with Beşiktaş. 1-1 after normal time, we soon found ourselves 3-1 down but fought back to tie the match 3-3 and take it to penalties. Alas, we were out of luck there as we lost the shoot-out 5-4 but we were happy just to put a decent run together and rpove we are not bottlers when it comes to cup games.

Europa League

We entered in the 3rd Qualifying Round again and easily dispatched Icelandic side FH 7-1 on aggregate. We were unseeded for the 4th qualifying round and when we drew Fiorentina, I thought that was that. However, we turned in one of our performances of the season to win 4-1 in Italy and send shockwaves around Europe. We were perhaps a bit cocky for the return leg as we went 3-0 down before eventually losing 4-2 on the night. Still, a 6-5 aggregate score was enough to see us through.

In the group stage, we drew another Italian side in the shape of Roma as well as FC Twente and Standard Liege. We faced Roma at home first as were 1-0 up with ten minutes to go but lost 2-1. We managed to beat Standard home and away but only got one point from the two games with FC Twente, which ended our hopes of progressing. A 4-2 loss in Rome rounded off our first group stage campaign in Europe. Hopefully, we‘ll come back stronger next year.

Final Table

The Squad: Transfers

The usual crop of youngsters who handed made the grade and reserve players who were unnecessarily using up the wage budget left in the summer. The highest profile departure was Cuneyt Köz, a right back who had only been at the club one season. As I thought my youngsters in the same position were better and I liked Beşiktaş’s offer, he left too.

There were no major signings this season but I did add some depth to the squad with some Turkish players, most of whom came from Germany or Holland and have dual nationality.

The Squad: Key Players

Ali Kemal Şahin (GK) – This young keeper had been back-up for the last two seasons and not played much but over the summer, my coaches kept telling me he was showing ‘remarkable improvements’ in training so he got his chance and we never looked back. 13 clean sheets far exceeds anything his predecessor managed.

Matan Mizrahi (DC) – The Israeli was our most consistent defender this season and won plenty of admirers. Those admirers include some big European teams but, so far, he is happy to stay.

Sercan Nergiz (DL) – Came of age this year and made the left-back slot his own.

Şahin Kaya (DM) – Now a key member of the team. Unfortunately, missed several games with injury but developed a lot during the season and is now being watched by the national side’s manager.

Inout Maior (MC) – Another solid season in central midfield with plenty of support given to the attackers. I’ve started getting bids from clubs in Germany and France so I hope I can hold on to him.

Hakan Konak (AMR/C) – Struggled with injury a little but was very effective when fit. He also became the first player from my side to be capped by the Turkish national team.

Barış Tan (AMLC) – One of those players that the coaches don’t rate very highly (3*) but who consistently turns in match-winning performances. 21 goals from the wing!

Jens Mayer (AMR/ST) – Competition for places was tougher this season so he was in and out of the side early in the season but finished in great form and scored some key goals in the Championship Group.

Nicky Woodford (ST) – Played 54 games in all competitions with a return of 41 goals. He also led the league in number of assists. Wonderful player.

The Squad: Ones to Watch

Matthew Blake performed well in midfield when given a chance and will be our back-up should Maior leave. Following on from the successful integration of Şahin Kaya into the first team, we have another promising youngster coming through the ranks. Erman Ergin scored a fantastic 16 goals and at one point was keeping Jens Mayer out of the side. Expect to see more from him over the next few seasons!

The Squad: Awards

Maybe I should rename this section Nicky Woodford: Awards!! The striker dominated the end of season honours with the following awards: Turkish Premier Division Top Goalscorer, Turkish Cup Top Goalscorer (With young striker Erman Ergin second), Turkish Cup Best Player, 2018 Best Player of the Year in Turkey and Keçiörengücü Supporters’ Player of the Year. He also beat Lionel Messi to the European Golden Boot!

Woodford also featured in the Premier Division Team of the Year along with Matan Mizrahi, Jens Mayer and Inout Maior. Mizrahi was further honoured as the Defender of the Year, Maior became the third different Keçiöregücü player to be named Midfielder of the Year in the last three seasons and Jens Mayer was once again Striker of the Year.

As a team we topped the Turkish Premier Division Fair Play League for the fourth year in a row and I won the fifth Manager of the Year award of my career.

The Season Ahead…

Europe will be tough this year as we will go into the runners-up qualifying pool with strong sides from England, Spain, Italy, Germany etc likely to be seeded. We may well drop down to the Europa League but I wouldn’t be too disappointed with that.

Domestically, I am aiming for silverware now. I told the board I can mount a title challenge and I am confident we can do well in the cup too. The squad may need some revamping as Maior only has one year left on his contract and is playing hardball. Some other players with a year left on their deals may be moved on due to their ridiculously high wage demands (asking for an increase from 20k a week to 85k is a bit much in my opinion!)

The Story So Far…

Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe    | Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st Round   | N/A       | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2014-15 | First       | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A       | Promoted!
2015-16 | Premier     | 10th     | N/A       | 4th Round   | N/A       | Stayed up
2016-17 | Premier     | 6th      | Won in R3 | 4th Round   | N/A       | Qualified for Europa League
2017-18 | Premier     | 2nd      | 3rd       | 4th Round   | EL 4th QR | Qualified for Europa League
2018-19 | Premier     | 2nd      | 2nd       | Semi-final  | EL Group  | Qualifed for Champions League

I've been very quiet lately but fear not I am ploughing on with Novese. We were leading C1A at the winter break but a series of injuries and suspensions has put paid to our form. Worse still, Natale has put in a transfer request. It's basically go up and we might hold on to him, or stay in this division and we'll lose him for the min fee release clause. Either way it's not looking good :(

New stadium is a mere 4 months from completion though :cool:

WOW, sooo much progress since I was last really here, I have just finished my fortnight of chaos that happens every year (Hopefully for the last time). So now I am relaxing at home for a bit, and getting my Pre & Mid Season update together, will post that and then have a look back over the couple of pages I am behind on and the rest.

Good to see that we still have an amazing core of people continuing on here though...

Des Tiny's AD Parla

parla.png

Combined Pre-Season

Mid-Season 2015/16

Second Division B3

February 10th Update

Liga Adelante

Well given that my club has just joined the league, and we are expected to fall out the bottom immediately I have been very pleased with the performance to this point. We have clearly surprised a few teams, we have also had some terrible losses. A few changes in January seem to have cemented our semi safety in the mid table battle, though the continuous postponement of games due to bad weather at the ground we are sharing does hurt a bit. We are averaging close to 5000 fans in every game, and as such making a profit, our bank balance has climbed by 1.5M this season putting us well into the black. I hope to continue either along where we are or move up the table during the remainder of the season, currently only Marin is set to leave at the end of the season, but given Lopez & Ozlu are starting this is not a concern. In the pre-season the paper was mentioning that teams needed to watch out for Kivanc Ozlu, they were right as he is clearly our best defender so far this season. In November we managed to dominate the Team of the week in what was a great outcome for AD Parla.

My Stars of the Half: Def: Kivanc Ozlu, Mid: Andre Gomes, Att: Miguel Herlein

My Youth so far: Ivan Vilches (ST), Angel (DM), Juan Carlos (AM), Juame (DL), Roberto Delgado (MC), Ivan (DC)

Good Results: at Levante 3:1, at Racing 2:0, vs Salamanca 3:1

Bad Results: vs Levante 3:0, at Cartagena 5:4, at Alcoron 4:1

The Table

The Championship
| Pos   | Inf   | Team           |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Hércules       |       | 23    | 13    | 5     | 5     | 30    | 13    | +17   | 44    | 
| -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 

Promotion Playoff Spot
| 6th   |       | Levante        |       | 23    | 11    | 4     | 8     | 40    | 32    | +8    | 37    | 

My Current Battle
| 8th   |       | Murcia         |       | 23    | 8     | 9     | 6     | 25    | 22    | +3    | 33    | 
| 9th   |       | Castilla       |       | 23    | 9     | 6     | 8     | 28    | 32    | -4    | 33    | 
| 10th  |       | Racing         |       | 22    | 9     | 6     | 7     | 30    | 24    | +6    | 33    | 
| 11th  |       | Xerez          |       | 23    | 9     | 5     | 9     | 40    | 39    | +1    | 32    | 
| 12th  |       | Elche          |       | 23    | 9     | 5     | 9     | 21    | 27    | -6    | 32    | 
[color=#0000CD]| 13th  |       | Parla          |       | 22    | 9     | 4     | 9     | 41    | 39    | +2    | 31    | [/color]
| 14th  |       | Córdoba        |       | 23    | 7     | 9     | 7     | 32    | 32    | 0     | 30    | 
| 15th  |       | Real Oviedo    |       | 22    | 9     | 2     | 11    | 32    | 31    | +1    | 29    | 

Relegation Spot 
| 19th  |       | Recreativo     |       | 23    | 5     | 6     | 12    | 18    | 28    | -10   | 21    | 

Spanish Cup

2nd Round: vs Alcoron 2:4

Friendlies

The Results

We did alright through the friendlies, was a good warm up for the season. And has built to a reasonably solid start.

The Transfers

In Brief

In: 10 Players (€500)

Out: 2 Players (€220k)

Loans: 5 Players (€8k)

Wages Total: €19,413 (p/w)

Wage Budget: €23,363 (p/w)

Remaining Transfers: €168k

New Signings

First Team

Adrian Vidorreta (Free) - He is a very strong future AM, looking to use him as such.

Matias Lopez (Free) - The Uruguayan Striker, has actually dropped out due to the 2 Non-EU limit.

Riccardo Martinelli (Free) - He is my solid back-up, he played well early on.

Talha Kilavuz (Free) - A good future defender will spend the season on loan.

Martin Lopez (Free) - The young defender stepped straight in knocking Marin out.

Pablo Sanchez Varela (Free) - A very solid right side player Defense and Winger.

Pedro Rebocho (Free) - The Left back is young and will be the future.

Andre Perego (Free) - Has Liga BBVA potential, likely to step in behind Lopez & Ozlu.

Paulinho (Free) - My new Superstar striker has huge potential and will support Herlein upfront.

Miguel Lopez (€500) - I needed something better on the right wing and this was the one, the third M.Lopez looks very good.

Youth

None

Transfers Out

First Team

Riccardo Vignali (€200k)

Guillame Dumast (€20k)

Loans

Ivan Vilches --> Alcobendas Sport [Feeder]

Nicolas Morel --> Noja (2DB) [€6k]

Bas Groot --> Pena Sport (2DB)

Talha Kilavuz --> Sestao (2DB)

Vicent --> La Nucia (2DB) [€2k]

The Team

So without Further ado, here is the team I expect to lead Parla in the Liga Adelante this season:

GK: Moldovan

DR: Varela, DC: Lopez & Ozlu, DL: Malheiro

DM: Guillou

MR: Lopez, MC: Gomes, ML: Kuru

ST: Herlein & Paulinho

Other News

The team has been playing infront of about 5000 supporters every week so far this season at the regularly waterlogged El Soto Municpal, but when we return to our own ground there is only 4000 seats, the money that we have made profit this season is going to need to be desperately spent on a stadium upgrade as we are going to sell out every game at the end of the season. Financially it is very, very solid for us. I think I have finally built a team in January that can move up the table instead of falling down. Juan Francisco Aranda managed to become the all time appearance leader for AD Parla, but then in January lost his position in the team to Varela, a terrible result for him, though he is now our most regular sub as he covers the whole right side of the park.

Des Tiny's Update of the Thread

El Sid - Congrats on leading Koblenz to the top division, good luck from there. And making it 4th in the first season up is just brilliant. Go for the title next year? 2nd...so close, looks like Bayern is going to be tough to overcome in the league, but into the Champions League now. Woohooo! COngrats on the third Top level League title all on the same page.

Amethyst - Excellent effort making it into the Euro Cup, even better to win it at your first attempt a trophy is always nice. Hard Luck in the follow-up season, 7th is still a good finish in the top league, but now you need to push forward a little bit. Ouch that was a bit of a disappointing season at the end there.

G-Wiz - A Good Solid season with 10th in the Russian First Div. Congrats on Promotion, good luck as you step in to take on the big boys.

Berty - An excellent first season in the Ligue 1, mid table is an amazing effort. Moving up to 5th in the second season makes it look very solid. Congrats on the 2nd place, League title next season?

PRDH - Awesome progress with Lusitano Azores, hopefully you can get those boys into the Champs League. Well a slight slip once again to 5th, but you seem to be solidly at the top of the league. Congrats on the League Victory, halfway home, now the hard part of Portugal pushing on towards the Champions League can take a large number of seasons to get enough good players in and convincing them to stay.

Almondo - 5th in the Liga BBVA is excellent, I hope you can push on from here and defeat the bigger teams. Even better that you won the Copa del Rey. Slowly moving forward with a 3rd in the next season, solid stuff. Woooohooo Congrats on the League Title, and halfway finished, excellent to see our first top level title. Good Luck in the Champions League.

Jimbowman - Welcome aboard and good luck in Scotland. Excellent work in the first season, good luck in the 2nd Division. Congrats on the 2nd Div win, good luck as you push forward in the 1st Division. A great first season in the 1st Division, 4th is comendable, now to push on towards another promotion. Congrats on gaining that promotion, now good luck as you do your best in the Prem League. Well 8th is definitely a solid finish, crazy to see how few season tickets you have though...

DodgeeD - Excellent work making it to Europe, though 6th qualifying is weird :p, Congrats on 2nd place & Then on the repeat, now to see what you can do in the Champions League this season.

SiLKeape - WOW, 4th in the Serie A at first attempt is incredible.

Ohanzee - Congrats on Promotion to Ligue 1, good luck in avoiding relegation during the new season.

Toonbalmy - Nice and solid season in the Bundesliga there, may be a step backwards, but it looks like a building season which everyone needs. *Applause* Congrats on the cup victory and moving ahead of Bayern, good luck going for the title next year.

Dexter - Welcome aboard, and an awesome effort ripping up with Barakaldo, hopefully my slow and steady progress will catch you eventually. Congrats on the 7th place in the Liga BBVA.

Brettney1980 - Into the Champions League, Congratulations, now to push forward and take out the big teams, love the table with 14th and 10th both making the Europa League.

Neushoorn - An excellent first season in the Bundesliga there, glad to see 10th for RB Leipzig.

Vikeologist - Excellent work on the 5th in the Prem, hopefully you can challenge Rangers & Celtic soon.

Looking Towards Completion

Well now that we have teams making it towards completion I will keep a table tracking those closest.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Challenger [/TD]

[TD]Club [/TD]

[TD]League [/TD]

[TD]Season [/TD]

[TD] Stage of Completion [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Almondo[/TD]

[TD]Pena Sport[/TD]

[TD]Liga BBVA[/TD]

[TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]League Title[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PRDH[/TD]

[TD]Lusitano Azores[/TD]

[TD]Portuguese 1st Div[/TD]

[TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]League Title[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]el Sid[/TD]

[TD]Koblenz[/TD]

[TD]German 1st Div[/TD]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]League Title[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

As for me well we are in Mid-Feb and pushing on to a solid Mid-Table finish in our first Liga Adelante season and putting in some good results against top teams, we just need some consistency now and it should be good.

Having played in Portugal, I can confirm that PRDH, it is a very large step up from the League in Portugal to the Champions League, it takes a lot of continual success and players deciding to come to the best team in Portugal. The new system of league reps being dynamic will surely help, but I still think it will be a long term aim as you have to lift the rep to get the top players in.

Vikeologist’s 2018/2019 End of Season Report

Lodoftheshire.png

1559.png

Season             League            Pos           Cups                      Europe     Achievements
2012/13            Sc Div 3          1st           No comment                n/a        Manager of the Year
2013/14            Sc Div 2          1st           Challenge Cup Finalists   n/a        Manager of the Year
2014/15            Sc Div 1          3rd           CC Winners & SC Final     qual       None
2015/16            Sc Div 1          2nd           CC & SC Winners, LC R/U   EC 3Q      Manager of the Year
2016/17            Sc Div 1          1st           Challenge Cup Winners     EC 4Q      Manager of the Year
2017/18            Sc Prem           5th           LC Final                  qual       None
2018/19            Sc Prem           7th           LC Winners                EC R2      Manager of the Year

We won the League Cup, reached the last second knock out round in the Euro Cup and picked up a fair number of points in the league. The trouble was that 6 other teams did well in the league as well, and at the 33 game mark when the division splits into two we found ourselves in 7th, (behind both Hearts and Hibs on goal difference, and a point behind Rangers who had rescued their season by gaining 22 of a possible 24 points from their previous 8 games) and consigned to the relegation group and with no chance of European qualification.

Oh well. Maybe without 16 European ties to cope with we’ll challenge for a Champions League place this season. Unfortunately it looks as though Rangers (who capped their resurrection with the Scottish Cup) are back in business. Also, from now on I’ll use the League Cup to give some match practice to the reserves.

The team’s improving, but I’m still having a bit of a clear out. Ricardo Kishna (10 goals in 49 Premier league starts) is gone. (Whenever I tried to drop him, his replacement got injured). My other starting striker (who does score plenty of goals) picked up an injury at the end of the season, which allowed me to play the backups for the final 5 games and see who should be Kishna’s replacement. They weren’t bad, but then again they were playing the worst teams in the division. Unfortunately our strike force is the weak part of our squad, and this is where I’m focussing my transfer efforts.

One of my starting central defenders had a year left on his contract, and didn’t want to sign a new one, so I’ve cashed in on him. He wasn’t all that anyway.

It was a disappointing season, but with 68 points from 38 games, (again, albeit playing the dross at the end) I’m relatively optimistic that we can get back on track next year.

Squad

Table

Transfers

Hard luck Vikeologist, sounds like it was a bit harsh for you to end up in the bottom 6 after the split, but hopefully as you say cutting a few games from the schedule may end up helping the club in the end. Good Luck with the new season and Congrats on adding another trophy to your hoard. Looks like only the Premier League title to go and you will have a full set of Scottish Trophies.

Keçiorengücü 2019-20 Pre-Season Report

454840.png

Premier League

Board expectation: Title Challenge

Media Prediction: 6th

Cup

Board expectation: Be competitive

Champions League

Board Expectation: Third Qualifying Phase

Budgets

Transfer budget: 3.1 million TL

Wage budget: 624,362 TL per week

Current Wage Spending: 627,288 TL per week

Facilities

Stadium Capacity: 5040 (all-seater)

Season ticket holders: 1763

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Average (currently being expanded)

Junior Coaching: Good

Youth Recruitment: Fairly Basic

Transfers - Summary

There were tough decisions to make this summer as I again came up against key players reluctant to sign new deals. In the end, we let Inout Maior go to Feyenoord in a 7millionTL deal rather than lose him for nothing next year. The other key player to leave was José Carlos Ada. He has been a solid performer in defence over the last few years and was only a year away from acquiring Turkish nationality but his wage demands were ridiculous. He was on 29k a week (already too much as we was on the second highest salary but was only ranked as the third best defender at the club) but was now demanding 90k a week! We sold him for 500k to Dinamo Moscow.

That meant I was on the look out for new players in defence and up front and I also had the chance to bring in some new foreign signings for the first time in a while. In the end, a mix of young Turkish and English talent came in with the following likeşy to play some role in the first team squad:

Alexandre Tavares (ST) – released by Southampton last June but nevertheless included in England’s U20 World Cup winning squad, which is where my scouts spotted him. Not the best finisher but that pace and acceleration should cause some trouble for opposition defences.

Craig Qualter (AMRC) – Another released player (Chelsea) spotted at the U20 World Cup. I needed cover in midfield and this guy, who can play central midfield, on the right wing or in an advanced attacking role, all as a ‘natural’ position, offers me just that.

Ian Hill (MC) – Also fresh from the U20 World Cup and this time a reject of Man U’s youth system. He’s ‘the next Glenn Hoddle’ apparently – if they mean as a player, I’ll take that!

Fikret Akbulut (DM/MC) – I’ve been tracking this guy for a while as we don’t have a natural DM as back up to Şahin Kaya. 2.1million TL enough to persuade first division Bucaspor to part with him.

Harun İnan (MC/AMC) – Another player I had tried to sign before. He was playing at my feeder club Sariyer in the second division and was clearly their standout player. 1.6million TL gives us some extra options in midfield.

Mustafa Mahir Altintas (DRL) – the other transfer saga of the summer was that left back Sercan Nergiz wanted to leave and demanded a transfer. In the end, no other clubs were interested but Nergiz’s unhappiness forced a move into the transfer market for this youngster who has the potential to be just as good. Also joins from a first division side Samsunspor, this time for 2.6million.

I hope the loss of Maior doesn't upset the balance of the team too much. With the board's expectations raised, we need to be moving forward rather than going through a season of transition.

Grr! Arg! I my computer decided to turn itself off over night. Lost progress back to just before I played Barcelona. Still, gives me another chance to get thrashed!

Edit - What a turn around that was. First time around I lost 4-0, this time in a heroic reversal I lost 5-1.

Thread's slow today.

Anyway, you know that thing where your carefully assembled team who have been perfectly competent, even quite good, before suddenly forget how to play football? Yeah? Well, that. To extremes. My team, the same team that one the title last year, led by the same player who scored more than 40 goals ast season can't get a win from anywhere and that striker has now gone more than 10 hours without a goal.

I'm baffled my friends, totally baffled.

I know exactly what you mean PRDH.

Granted we had a tough start to the season (Inter in the Champions League qualifiers and Fenerbahçe, Bursaspor, Beşiktaş and Trabzonspor in the first 5 games) and that affected morale but we have suddenly forgotten how to defend and Woodford (who scored over a 100 goals in just of 2 seasons at the club) is averaging about 6.40 a game and only has 4 goals in 12 so far....

I'm hoping for a turnaround soon as I promised the board a title challenge this season!

Having said that...

I just beat Galatasaray 4-0! :) A fantastic result in many ways as we now cut their lead at the top down to 3 points (with other results going our way too) and I believe it's the first time we've beaten them and kept a clean sheet in the process. To make it even better, misfiring Woodford refound his form and scored his 99th and 100th league goals for the club. :D

Maybe the 'forum curse' works in reverse as well! :p

SV Waldhof Mannheim – German 2nd Division – Season 2014/15

Season Review

Media Prediction: 18th

League Finish: 3rd Graph

The League

a season that I privately expected to struggle a little in turned out to be a great debut season in Bundesliga II. After struggling initially to find our feet we soon found form and found ourselves in the upper reaches of the table. After 15 games we hit third and we never moved from that position. Koln, led by Lukas Podolski, and Dusseldorf were far too strong for us and we cruised home in third, though it got a little hairy towards the end of the season.

Finishing third meant we had to go into the play-off against Kaiserslautern of the Bundesliga. Kaiserslautern are one of our fierce rivals and I didn’t feel like we had a chance. A dogged 0-0 draw at their place saw us return to the Carl-Benz Stadion with a good chance of a remarkable promotion. We battled away but couldn’t break them down before we were hit with the sucker punch of a 88th minute Kaiserslautern goal. We lost 1-0 and thus will spend another season in Bundesliga II.

German Cup

Funnily enough we also played Kaiserslautern at home in the 1st round of the German cup. Given the lack of a pre-season I decided to treat the game as a friendly and I played a number of trialists in order to evaluate them. We lost 2-0 and our cup run was over before it begun.

The Players

Here’s a look at the players who performed so admirably in Bundesliga II:

Transfers

Squad 1 Squad 2

Goalkeepers

1. Tales - our Brazilian keeper had to make do as understudy to Heimann and is growing unhappy at a lack of first team football.

30. Niclas Heimann - Niclas took to the new league like a duck to water. He is an integral part of our team.

Full Backs

22. Andreas Schroder - the young Austrian Rb did ok when called upon in his first season though he is very young. Hopefully a second season will be better for him.

50. Celestin M’Pondo - Celestin was solid if unspectacular in his first season. Offered a threat going forward, he was a little dodgy at times in defence. Still young though.

27. Mattia Desole - Mattia came back in to the starting lineup and did ok. Taken the decision to let him go in the summer as I think I can get better…

14. Hrvoje Cale - Hrvoje joined in January on a contract to the end of the season as I was a little weak at LB. did ok when he played, he will leave in the summer.

Centre Backs

6. Osmar - Osmar had a good first season and contributed to our tight defence. Still developing too as a player, I am quite excited by his potential.

44. Kostas Bantounas - Kostas was the rock at the centre of our defence. Performed well for one so young and weighed in with some goals as well. Could well be part of the long-term future of this club.

49. Ricardo Tavares - Ricardo was the third of the trio of new centre backs and did well in rotation with Osmar. Another player with great ability and potential.

63. Yilmaz Ercan - Yilmaz found himself on the fringes this season following the new arrivals. He still has a future at the club.

Midfielders

4. Matthew Perrett - the Welsh U21 captain was mainly an understudy but did a decent job when called upon. I believe he’ll be better next season.

7. Nicolas Ruiz - Nicolas joined in the Spring and did a solid job. Another who I think will kick on next season.

10. Oliver Norwood - Oliver had another season in and out of the team. Did well when called upon but I have decided to let him go in the summer.

16. Ozgur Olgun - Ozgur had a solid first season but he is young and still developing. A potential future star.

20. Sven Mende - Sven had been at the club for a couple of seasons but had been on the sidelines. Got a run early in the season and he never looked back, becoming a mainstay in the midfield. Top assist maker with 10 goals, his abilities are greater than his stats suggest.

23. Mark Mainwaring - Mark was mainly a sub but is another developing with a great future potentially.

24. Bjorn Schneider - Bjorn started the season on the transfer list but did ok when called upon. Still leaving in the summer on a free transfer though as I explore better options on the right wing.

43. Mert Acikgoz - Mert came in and became 1st choice RM. Did a solid job and weighed in with a couple of goals. Another of our young Turks with a bright future.

72. Jaud Nkusu Landu - Jaud joined after being released by Man United and did a good job in his debut season. Plenty of developing for him still to be done as well.

Strikers

12. Nicolao Dumitru - Nicolao made the step up in level and weighed in with 12 league goals. Had a few dry spells but he is improving all of the time.

25. Yassine Hamdaoui - Yassine settled in more this season and weighed in with 10 goals during the season. I have 3 good young strikers at the club.

99. Gurami Enukidze - Gurami was top scorer for the club this season and weighed in with 17 league goals. Plays great as a target man, he continues to improve.

37. Ciaran Bradley - I feel it is time to introduce my homegrown striker Ciaran Bradley. He finally made it into the first team squad and made a couple of appearances at the back end of the season. Ciaran has 4.5* potential and I am extremely excited with his potential. i am going to include him more next season.

Finances

Thanks to prize money totalling just over £5 million, we are now nicely in the black. We have been strengthened greatly and all being well we will never end up in the red again…

The Future

Well how can we top this season? By going and getting promoted I guess!! In all seriousness I gave myself a three year plan to get into the Bundesliga. If we make it next season then brilliant but I have two years to do it. Looking at the teams coming down the strength of Koln and Dusseldorf isn’t there so maybe that will give us a chance. Time will tell.

Career History

Season      League        Pos.    German Cup  Europe     Achievements
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2012/13   3rd Division    12th     N/A         N/A      
2013/14   3rd Division    2nd      N/A         N/A        Promotion
2014/15   2nd Division    3rd    1st Round     N/A        Lost in Play-offs

SV_Wuppertaler.png

Completion

German Bundesliga

League Table http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/GermanFirstDivisionOverview_Stages-4.png

Finances - +29million

Transfers - http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/WuppertalTransfers_History-10.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/WuppertalTransfers_History-11.png

Squad

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/WuppertalerSVBorussiaSquad_Players-9.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/WuppertalerSVBorussiaSquad_Players-10.png

Star Players

Marc Ander Stegen - Simply been immense all season but hes making noises about leaving to a bigger club *Confused*

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/Marc-AndrterStegenOverview_Attributes-1.png

Ivn Piris - New Full back Signing which i needed and he hasnt put a foot wrong all season

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/IvnPirisOverview_Attributes-1.png

Turna - getting better every season vgood defender

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/MuhittinTurnaOverview_Attributes-1.png

Fellani immense at DM/Anchor Midfielder getting old picks up a few injury's so might sell him this season

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/MarouaneFellainiOverview_Attributes-1.png

No Beck - my best RW this guy is he also is making noises about leaving but hopfully he will stay now

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/NoBeckOverview_Attributes-1.png

Edson Baio - Signed from Wolfsburg where he won the league with them last season he must be a lucky charm but he is a very good striker

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/EdsonBaioOverview_Attributes-1.png

Youth Player

Arne Walpurgis - Finally got a youth player that i can bring through to my 1st team

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/ArneWalpurgisOverview_Attributes-1.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaVKa5NW7FuaqJrHSBqWOVRV_iM9DxZmwLljt7nZJnpwRR_Yyp

What a fantastic season in the league it looked like it was going to be close near to the end of the season with Bayern winning but they just couldn't keep up with my team

Awards

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/ArronBalmerNews_Inbox.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe5qm0hvfs1oZEAIYoIEVz5tm2zUSeY1MbXb6i4Lw8n7JYC-IS

I got to the Qtr Final but got knocked out by Bayer Leverkusen but it was blessing in disguise because if i stayed in i think my team would of suffered with fitness

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBYcBOYDSu_QMHySXGFddPaAsin-VCHc9L3UA1EsH3xgi3_lLzyw

WOHOOOOOO!!!!!! After Beating Barcelona our next game was a against porto who i managed to get past them and the final was against lyon i had some great news Hugo Lloris picked up an injury so he was out of that game and the World Cup

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/OlympiqueLyonnaisvWuppertalPostMatch.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/OlympiqueLyonnaisvWuppertalInformation_Overview.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/OlympiqueLyonnaisvWuppertalStats_PlayerRatings.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/OlympiqueLyonnaisvWuppertalStats_MatchStats.png

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n524/toonbalmy87/Wuppertaler/2017/OlympiqueLyonnaisvWuppertalStats_MatchStats-2.png

Aims for next season is to get into the Defend all titles and Conquer the world

Elgin City - 2017/18 – Season 6(Jimbowmanuk)

Media Prediction: 11th

Actual finish: 2nd

Season Tickets: 1334(+226)

Transfers

Only signed 2 players all season as I was quite happy with the progress of the squad, ST Santiago proved to be an amazing addition to the strikeforce teaming up with Guinchard proved to be the best partnership in the league, Sold Pavlicic for £500k as we needed the money, and he didn't want to be at theclub any more. Kunt proved to live up to his name by refusing to sign a new contract and left at the end of the season even though he had not signed for another club.

League

The board wanted me to avoid relegation and this was albut guaranteed about a third of the way through the season as my free scoring team were flying high towards the top, 5 teams were all still in the hunt for the title going into the final 3 games, and surprisingly none of them were Celtic or Rangers, who both had nightmare seasons including neither of them qualifying for Europe next season. A loss to Hibs in the second last game meant we couldn't catch Aberdeen as they were 4 points ahead, but in the last game we needed to win and hope that Hibs didn't to grab 2nd place. We strolled to a 7-2 victory while Hibs were held 0-0 by the Celtic, the only point the Bhoys got in the last 5 games. So we have qualified for the Champions Cup so hopefully we can reach the group stage as the prize money will pay for improvements to facilities.

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Euro Cup

The board wanted us to learn from the experience of playing in the tournament, and we were taught a lesson of how not to close out a game. Drawn against Russian Side Rubin Kazan in the final qualifying round before the groups. A trip to Russia for the 1st leg and although they dominated the match we were able to score what I thought would be vital away goals, losing 4-3. The Home leg had me believing that a single goal win would take us through but Rubin scored after 4 minutes and we looked to be going out, until the team kicked into gear scoring 4 times before the break. So leading the tie 7-5 with 45 minutes to go I was already planning what to do with extra money when the team fell apart and conceded 3 goals in 11 minutes and put us out 8-7 on aggregate.

Leg 1

Leg 2

Scottish Cup

The board were expecting us to reach the 5th round

We were drawn against Hearts in the 4th round in our attempt to defend the title, and after struggling in the match we forced a replay with 10 minutes to go, so off to Tynecastle a few days later and Hearts showed us why they were up challenging for the title by racing to a 3-0 lead at half-time, despite getting a goal back it proved little more than consolation

League Cup

Board wanted us to reach the 3rd round

We were drawn against league rivals St Mirren in the 3rd round and it was a routine victory with all players doing their job, eventual league winners Aberdeen were our opponents in the quarter-final and it was a very tight game but with Aberdeen being reduced to 10 men it gave us the upperhand to sneak a winner. First division new boys Brechin, who had done some giant killing, were standing between us and the final. They weren't standing too long as we steamrollered them 4-0 to set up a final with Dundee. Hoping to win it this time we started brightly getting an early lead, but Dundee found an equaliser to force Extra-time, both teams found themselves going down to 10 men but my squads fitness proved to be the edge we needed scoring a winner with 2 minutes of E/T left and giving us another Cup for the trophy cabinet.

Squad

I'm happy with the balance of the squad now but may go searching for an extra DC and MC to help with the depth of the squad if I want to attempt a season in Europe

We now have a 6000 seater stadium which is selling out almost every month, so if the board can't expand any further I could see a new stadium being planned in the next couple of years

Turned down job offers from Celtic and St Mirren

Season League Finish Cups Europe Achievements
2012/13 Third Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 1st round N/A Promoted!!
2013/14 Second Division 1st SC 4th round, LC 2nd Round, LCC 2nd round N/A Promoted!!
2014/15 First Division 4th SC 4th round, LC 3rd Round, LCC Semi-final N/A Nothing of note
2015/16 First Division 1st SC 5th round, LC 3rd round, LCC 1st round N/A Promoted!!
2016/17 Premier Division 8th SC Winner, LC runner-up N/A Won the Scottish Cup and qualified foe Europe
2017/18 Premier Division 2nd SC 4th round, LC Winner EC 4th qual round Won the league cup and qualified for champions cup

toonbalmy87 - well done on your success.

jimbowmanuk - well done to you as well. GL in the Champions League. I see you've still got Burrows and Kolseth hanging around. In my save Burrows is playing in the Scottish Juniors West Superleague Premier Division. You're making me feel as though I ruined his career! Clearly you've got a thriving silk purse industry, and a lot of sows with profound hearing difficulties.

jimbowmanuk - well done to you as well. GL in the Champions League. I see you've still got Burrows and Kolseth hanging around. In my save Burrows is playing in the Scottish Juniors West Superleague Premier Division. You're making me feel as though I ruined his career! Clearly you've got a thriving silk purse industry, and a lot of sows with profound hearing difficulties.

Cheers I signed another good striker and a couple of central mids, drew 2-2 with Arsenal and beat twente 2-1, also the old firm are really struggling after 8 games Celtic have 8 points and Rangers have 6 points. I hammered Celtic 8-0 too

Burrows and Kolseth are just back-up players now, they rarely get games but they will come in handy for resting important players for the european matches

My board are infuriating! I am performing under fairly strict budgetary constraints (admittedly enforced by me) and am determined to only buy if I can sell for now. I've got us into the Champions League, and so should have a chunk of money arriving at the end of the season. I've built up a balance of £14m, a very nice buffer.

Yet, despite this, I still have to fight tooth and nail for any small increase in the standard of training facilities, youth recruitment, junior coaching - anything! I really hope I can get rid of my chairman at some point. Get someone in with a it more ambition.

Logo_of_FC_Dynamo_Stavropol.png

Dinamo Stavropol - 2015/2016 - End of Season Review

Manager Profile

Team Information

Predicted Position: 16th

Actual Position: 8th

Average Attendance: 9659

Season Ticket Holders: 2128

Having initially expected a pretty rough ride, i was pleasantly surprised by the clubs form in the Premier Division, proving fairly competitive for the most part. However, we were on the receiving end of a few spankings from some of the bigger clubs, but that was to be expected. Some good runs saw us finish in 8th, a very decent first season in the top flight.

The team also surprised me in the Russian Cup, managing to get all the way to the final, where we pulled off a bit of an upset, beating Kuban 3-1 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in normal time!! So as a result, the club will make its first foray into European football, having qualified for the Euro Cup next season. Scary stuff :)

The main squad members are as follows:

GK

Vyacheslav Bazilevych - continues to hold onto the GK jersey, 10 clean sheets in 28 games is pretty impressive in my eyes

DEF

Constantin Miselaricu - surprisingly ended the season as my top scorer, finishing with 16 goals. my tactics all of a sudden made him a real danger from set pieces!

Georgy Burnash - first choice partner for Miselaricu in CB position, less of an impact but solid enough

Antonio - young Brazilian FB who looks like one for the future, thrown in at the deep end this season, but hopefully can kick on now

Guy Lombard - free signing, instant first choice at RB, hopefully he and Antonio can really establish themselves as quality FBs over the next year or two

MID

Alexandr Zotov - my other first choice DM, did nothing but tackle apart from his one goal, improving well

Ales Slezak - another player who i feel has a bright future at the club, looked impressive when used

Amir Kashiev - a first choice DM, he ended the season with 3 goals and 15 assists, great season

Momar Bangoura - DM cover, solid when used, may see more action next year depending how the transfer market goes

Anton Lunin - one who found himself playing a fair bit, but didnt do much with it. more of a squad player now that the team is making a bit of money, may end up on the way out

Giorgi Lomsadze - youngster got a bit of game time and continues to improve. at 16 he has huge potential

Andrey Pazin - 4 goals and 9 assists, not bad but i need at least one new winger for next season

ATT

Alin Rosu - played more on LW than up front, continues to improve, 5 goals and 10 assists

Dzambolat Khastsaev - didnt feature a lot, but was the star of our Russian Cup run, his 3 goals helping us to the final

Maxim Votinov - brought in to cover the loss of Sarasek, Kuzma and Boichuk, pretty ineffective though

Levan Gvelesiani - the big man was chosen to step up after Saraseks exit, and he did a pretty good job, taking to his lone frontman role well, and finishing with 14 goals. Acceptable, but i feel he can do even better

Top Scorer - Constantin Miselaricu - 16 goals

Highest Average Rating - Constantin Miselaricu - 7.64

Fans Player of The Year - Constantin Miselaricu

Russian Premier Division Team of The Year - Constantin Miselaricu

The aim for the upcoming season is really just to try and maintain our form in the league, and just really to enjoy the Euro Cup, whatever it may bring

Season          Division                    Position       Achievements
2012/2013       Russian First Division      15th	   Safety   
2013/2014	Russian First Division	    10th		       
2014/2015	Russian First Division	    2nd		   Promotion 
2015/2016       Russian Premier Division    8th            Russian Cup Winners

and in unrelated news, the 2016 European Championships Final will be between Scotland and Wales! Scotland beating Spain and Italy on the way to the final!!

EDIT: Scotland are the European Champions! A Steven Naismith double sees them win 2-0 against Wales in the Final!

never thought it would happen in my lifetime, in real life or in FM lol :)

Archived