FM12: Juventus FC - Welcome Home

stgahoy

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should I do my own team talks then?

Plus did you get a decent budget second season? Thinking of early upgrades!

Yes definitely...

Regarding budget... I still don't know as I am still in early June... but stgahoy got around £37m if I remember correctly!

guys how about your team instruction how you have set up? philosophy, strategy, pasing, closing down, marking, def line, tempo, width, time wasting, offside and counter attack yes or no ... ???

Nothing special really...

Strategy attacking (or control against better teams)

everything else left to default except closing down which is set to Press More

Defensive line is set to push up 2-3 notches below maximum

Width is set to wide about 5 notches below max

Tempo is set to quick about 5 notches below max

Time wasting is rarely about 5 notches above min

Mixed passing

Counter attack yes

Play offside yes

And using Pirlo as playmaker!

As you can see... lots of default values... i don't really specialize in tactics and I find it is the hardest thing for me in FM... however this formation and instructions seem to work very good!

For my saves I always use different strategies, try to learn 2 or 3 and use them based on the situation. I use 4-5-1 standard, zonal marking, rest default, balanced philosophy, and a 4-2-4 (with wingers), attacking, zonal marking also balanced. Seems to work so far.

Disappointing players so far: Vidal, Matri, Elia. Vidal is like a ghost. Might have to do with his morale being low and him being unable to motivate himself for me. Matri scored only in one game so far and that only when it wasn't crucial anymore. Elia is a nervous wreck non stop (5 determination). Krasic can be great or a ghost. Quagliarella, pirlo, del piero Buffon have been great.

Which leads me to my update:

@Palermo away game

Penalty early on and del piero converted for his first competitive goal of the season. After that my guys settled down. Quagliarella had a screamer from 25 yards out and then made a superb pass to Matri who tapped it in for the 3-0. Matri scored one more in the 93rd min. Good game. Matri finally scored but I didn't really need it anymore. I need him to score when the game is on the line not when it's won already.

Final score 4:0

@Atalanta home game

Odds were heavily in our favor. So I told the guys I expect a win. Almost a big mistake. After about 15 min of not scoring half my team became nervous. Only after I put in del piero for Matri did things calm down. The legend connected his first corner with chiellinis head and it was 1:0. All players relaxed after that and pirlo snatched Vucinic's shot when it rebounded for the second.

Final score 2:0

Krasic got injured (out 2 months, somehow i dont feel it as a big blow, he hasnt Played that well) and matri isn't playing well at all. Quagliarella has been great and Vucinic played well as AML, more confident and calm then Elia. I might start with quagliarella and del piero or Vucinic up front as Matri isn't playing well. Pepe is coming in to replace krasic as AMR.

League table after 6 games:

1. Juve, 14

2. Milan, 14

3. Inter, 12

4. Chievo, 11

5. Novara, 10

6. Udinese, 9

Not a bad start so far and my guys are finally familiar with the tactics.

October games to look forward to:

Novara, Parma, Cagliari, genoa.

Quick update and quite interesting. Elia just told me he had troubles settling in Italy and asked for a leave of absence. So, Vucinic is taking his spot for sure now. Giving Matri another chance. I like del piero as super sub, when things don't work out. Marchisio got injured on international duty as well.

And after I posted this Vucinic injured himself on international duty - 1 week. Will miss Novara game.

Update, 3.7.2012

So after i finished my first season with a double i mutually terminated contracts with both assistant managers and signed Bruno Demichelis. I added Massimo Neri - a ball control coach with 4.5*. Also Marco Storari became a coach in my team. Alessandro Del Pieo decided to become an Assistant Manager.

Transfers in the first three days of transfer window..

juventus-transfers-histo.jpg

Belfasti and Beltrame came after co-owneships were decided. Cesena bought my 1/2 of Giacherrini for 2.7m €. A lot of other co-ownerships were delayed from other clubs including Giovinco and Ekdal.

Players who returned from loans:

Felipe Melo, Iago Falque, Reto Ziegler, Marco Motta (Espanyol tried to buy him but he rejected them), Mario Kirev, Carlo Pinsoglio, Christian Pasquato, Marco Constantino, Ciro Immobile,

Marco Bonassi, Matteo Liviero, Filippo Boniperti, Alberto Libertazzi, Manuel Giandonato, Tomasso SIlvestri, Luca Indorante, Vincenzo Visciglia, Roberto Crivello, Andrea Gramaglia, Marco Niccolini,

Samuele De Miglio, Gianluca Di Salvia,

Juventus announced two new sponsorship deals worth 24.63m €. Previous figure was 13m €

Juventus tops the highest sponsorship deals this season, around 49m €.

The board had set the transfer budget at 93m € and wage budget at 3.1m € p/w.

Juventus have became the most reputable club in football after overtaking Barcelona. - That was a bit odd. :D

Juventus will recive 99.14m € for serie a tv rights over the fortcoming season.

Juventus will play Napoli in italian supercup

I was offered a new five year contract worth 36k p/w. I negotiated it to 3 years.

Del Piero retired. Grazie Il Capitano! :applause:

18 games in

Beat Inter Milan 3-1, Roma 2-0 and I have A.C Milan in 6 days at home

January Signings

Wilfried - £2.5 million

Emre Can - £2.5 million

Loving it soo far.

Going to need a central midfielder to replace Pirlo end of year though! Suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------

End of Season

juventustake2cupwin.th.jpg

Cup win screenshot - won the final in extra time against Genoa AET

juventustake2leaguefina.th.jpg

Final table did well with the number of points but would have liked a few more goals tbh. 2 losses in the division were on the last day to A.C Milan away and away at Fiorentina

Squad statistics

juventustake2stats.th.jpg

Thoughts for next season

Will be determined by the budget given by the board, Pirlo out along with a few strikers including Del Piero and Amauri will decrease the wage-bill but I have to be cautious over having more games next season due to the Champions League.

I want to continue using the 4-5-1 I think it is just a case of getting a better / more efficient striker for the role.

Priorities: Striker / Creative Midfielder

I could be on the verge of the sack due to a takeover bid...

WHAT.A.JOKE.

Took on the Under 23 England Olympic Team whilst awaiting my fate at Juventus.

Season 1 Report:

Serie A:

It was a tight run till the end. In the winter Napoli were in the lead 1 point over me, and Inter was 4 pts behind me. After buying Lavezzi from Napoli they made some mistakes and lost points, in the end they finished 3rd. I fought with Inter till the 36 fixture when I played vs them winning 1-0, I had to maintain a 4 points lead in the last 2 fixtures (Napoli away and Parma home) won both of them in the end and we were crowned the champions !

tableh.jpg

Coppa Italia:

First Round vs Cesena:

1-0 - Home - Elia

Quarter-Final vs Palermo:

3-2 - Home - Toro, Marchisio, Lavezzi

Semi-Final vs Inter:

0-1 - Home

2-1 - Away - Lavezzi, Vucinic

Final vs Napoli:

2-1 - Marchisio x2

I managed to win the cup altough after the first game of the semis I wasnt really optimistic, but we managed to kick them out of the final.

Transfers:

I was given a hefty budget of £37.5M and wage budget of £1.7M (I could get £49M transfer and £1.9M wage budget by saying I'll win the league, but I went with Title Challenge).

Transfers In:

- Edinson Cavani - £27M over 48 months - from Napoli - Spent crazy for him but this was paid with the last years budget. Wanted a great striker and he definetly is one, after Matri being inconsistant last season hope I'll get many goal from him.

- Sergio Floccari - £0 free - from Lazio - Looks like a solid backup.

- Andrea Bertolacci - £0 free - from Roma - Looks like a really good prospect

- Aldo Duscher - £0 free - from Blackburn - He wont for me I guess but check his mentor stats just WOW

- Andrea Poli - £2.2M - from Sampdoria - A really good prospect, and propably a natural replace for Pirlo. And the price was funny

- Giuseppe Rossi - £34M, £14M straight £20M over 48 months - from Villarreal - My biggest buy this season, fantastic stats, he'll play at AML for me completing Rossi - Cavani - Lavezzi deadly trio. And he's Italian! And being only few days in the club he broke 2 records - biggest spend and scoring the fastest goal.

Transfers Out:

- Amauri - end of contract - Finally getting rid of his crazy wages

- Vincenzo Iaquinta - £0 - to Saint-Etienne - Again freeing some wages, I have to pay him £23k p/w, still better than £88k p/w though.

- Fabio Quagliarella - £7.5M over 48 months - to Lyon - Buying Cavani meaned that I'll have to sell him or either Matri, Matri was better so Fabio had to leave.

- Iago Falque - £2.1M - to Real Sociedad

- Reto Zeigler - £4.3M - to Betis - Well I think that De Ceglie is a better backup then him.

- Felipe Melo - loan £1.3M future fee £3.8M - Well nobody wanted him straight so I had to make it like this, still having to pay 50% of his wages..

- Ciro Immobile - £1.1M - to Livorno - Wanted to keep him but in the end I sold him.

- Eljero Elia - £12.5M (£4M straight £8.5M over 48 months) - After I bought Rossi someone had to make space, Vucinic was really good for me last season so the Dutchman was sold, still good money for him.

First Team:

GK: Buffon

CB: Chiellini

CB: Toro

RB: Lichtsteiner

LB: Cissokho

DMC: Palombo

MC: Pirlo

MC: Vidal

AML: Rossi

AMR: Lavezzi

ST: Cavani

Italian Super Cup:

vs Inter

2-0 - Rossi, Vucinic

A good game with a record by Rossi scored after 18 seconds in his first game.

rossirekord.jpg

Just to begin the 2nd season now. My goals for it are retainig the league, and getting into quarter finals of CL.

End of Season 1 Update

Serie A

I won serie A with 7 games to go and ended undefeated!

For a long time Palermo were 2nd and Milan 3rd, then some games from the end Milan took 2nd place, but Palermo re-took 2nd place for a surprising finish!

Inter never really had a chance. In fact it is a surprising 4th place as after 30 games they were 8th in the league.

Napoli were underachieving and finished a disappointing (for them) 10th place. This made their players cheap to get (but more on that later on).

serieaoverviewstages.th.png

Coppa Italia

I won the Coppa Italia as well.

1st Rnd - Juventus vs Chievo - 2-2

The match against Chievo ended in a 2-2 tie even after extra time, but I got through by penalty shootout 5-4 with chievo missing their last penalty! Del Piero scored a pen in the 22nd minute and we were up 1-0. In the 47th minute they equalised 1-1. Despite hammering them with 26 shots against their 8, the ball just wouldn't go in! Barzagli then scored in the 89th minute to my joy, but unbelievably enough, they equalised in the 91st minute!

2nd Rnd - Palermo vs Juventus - 1-2

Munoz(og), Elia

Semi Final Leg 1 - Inter vs Juventus - 2-4

Vucinic, Elia, Matri, Subotic

Went up 1-0 with Vucinic, then 1-1 after Lichsteiner scored an OG. They took the lead at the 38th minute with Sneijder, but Elia equalised 3 minutes into injury time in the first half. Matri and Subotic scored the other two goals in the 80th and 93rd minute.

Semi Final Leg 2 - Juventus vs Inter - 3-2

Matri x2, Ranocchia (og)

Everything was settled in the 1st half. Matri scored after 3 mins making it 1-0. Coutinho equalised 4 mins after making it 1-1. Matri hit again in the 25th making it 2-1 and an og by ranocchia gave us a 2 goal lead. Pazzini scored the final goal making it 3-2.

Final - Udinese vs Juventus - 0-4

Vucinic, Cissokho, Marchisio, Quagliarella

Despite the score this was not an easy match and we were a bit lucky because from 5 shots on target we scored 4. Total shots were 10 for Udinese and 18 for us.

Transfers In

I was given a budget of £36m (said I was going to win serie A). I was not going to spend much, however seeing as we have the CL and good deals, I ended up spending £152m!

Note: all these fees are almost all over 48 months with 1m or 2m upfront

Floccari - Lazio - Free - £22k p/week contract - Bought as a backup, will sell him next year.

Cavani - Napoli - £27m - £73k p/week contract - Was bought in February/March with last season's budget to be my AF instead of Matri as he was a bit inconsistent... scoring 4 in one game, then not scoring for 3 games!

Hamsik - Napoli - £25.5m - £82k p/week contract - Was pretty easy to get him since Napoli finished 10th and he was very interested to come to Juve. I needed a playmaker in the middle as Pirlo cannot handle everything on his own and he was the only playmaker I had!

Rossi - Villareal - £30.5m - £105k p/week contract - I needed a backup to Vucinic in the ST DLF spot and he seemed perfect. I was going for Gotze but Dortmund wanted £65m for him. Then I tried Hazard but they wanted £45m. So I bought Rossi who is also Italian. I am starting him as AML instead of Elia and switch him to ST DLF when needed.

Papadopoulos - Schalke - £23.5m - £65k p/week contract - Basically Bonucci and Barzagli became unhappy as they wanted 1st team football. The only option was to sell them as they were not good enough for 1st team. I bought this great kid instead, only 20 years old!

ter Stegen - Gladbach - £11.5m - £35k p/week contract - I was not going to buy a goalkeeper, but when scouting the report came back as a definite purchase and I agreed with it once I saw the stats. He was unhappy and transfer listed because he wanted to move to a bugger club. Made an offer and they accepted it. 20 years old as well!

Lavezzi - Napoli - £18.5m - £75k p/week contract - Again with Napoli finishing 10th this was a bargain! Him and Krasic will alternate as I found Pepe was not good at AMR and Giaccherini was not playing that well!

Vrsaljko - At. Madrid - £14m - £39k p/week - Again thanks to my scout who rated in as a defeinite purchase and seeing he was only 20 years old and lots of potential I decided to buy him and alternate him with Lichsteiner who was very solid last season.

Got some youngsters as well amounting to £2mil who look really promising!

Transfers Out

Sold a lot of players for a total of £60m.

Amauri, Martinez, Grosso, Kirev, Pasquato and some others left on a free and I cleared up some wages!

Quagliarella - FCP - £15m - Having Floccari and Cavani already and with the plans to buy Rossi, someone had to go. Quagliarella was a bit disappointing for me so it was his turn. He played fine as a lone striker CF but was crap in my first tactic so he had to go. Offered him out for £15m and porto came back with that offer (£12.75m over 30 months). I thought this was a great offer so accepted it.

Barzagli - Betis - £3m - He was unhappy so offered him out for £3m (more than double his worth). The offer was matched by Betis and 2 other clubs. Accepted all of them, and he chose Betis.

Bonucci - Betis - £5.25m - He was unhappy so offered him out for £7.5m (more than double his worth). The highest offer was from Betis so accepted that one.

Pazienza - R. Sociedad - £5.25m - Was going to buy Hamsik, so one MC had to go. Between him, Vidal and Marchisio he was the logical choice, so offered him out for £7.5m and Sociedad were the highest bidder!

The 5 below have to be grouped together. After buying everyone on my list (see transfers in) I had to get rid of the players that were not needed anymore and reserves that had high wages. So I offered out these 5 players at once and just accepted the highest bid. I needed them to go because of the big squad and high wages!

Ziegler - Granada - £5.5m - Offered him out for £5.5m. A few clubs wanted him and matched the price so I accepted them and he chose Granada.

Pepe - Lazio - £8.5m - He had a good last season so I expected him to be on the wanted list of some clubs. Offered him out for £10m and Lazio were the highest bidder, so off he went!

Storari - Cagliari - £3m - Offered him out for £5m but the highest offer was £3m from Cagliari so I accepted that!

Melo - Villareal - £8.5m - This was the biggest surprise. From what I saw Melo did not have a great season 1 at Galatasaray but having his value at £4.1m I offered him out for £10m and a quite a few clubs wanted him and quite a few clubs offered £8.5m! Accepted them and he chose Villareal!

Motta - Catania - £2.9m - Having sent him on loan in January, he got some good games, so was easier to offload him. Offered him for £5m and Catania and another club offered that price and he chose Catania.

Marrone - Bordeaux - £2.5m - Could've gotten more probably, but it was good enough for me and he was not needed so off he went.

Got some youngsters and reserves loaned out as well, and some minor sellings.

I did not manage to sell Iaquinta... not even after offering him out for £0.

juventustransfershistor.th.png

Team & Tactics

Nothing to say here... keeping the same tactics of last season as they worked out quite well. This season I have squad depth but with CL I prefer to have the best possible players. I know how to manage more than one first teamer in the same position as this is how I have been playing FM for years.

juventustacticsoverview.th.png

Italian Super Cup

Juventus vs Palermo - 3-1

Vucinic, Marchisio, Krasic

Played the Super Cup against Palermo and was quite an easy win. I was 2 goals up when Lichsteiner decided to get a second yellow card in the 66th minute. Down to 10 men Krasic made it 3-0 in the 88th minute and then Cassani scored their only goal in the 91st minute.

Champions League

I got the worst possible group in the CL... Barcelona, Schalke and Celtic. I hope to make it at least in 2nd place.

This season I am aiming to retain the Serie A and to arrive in the semi final of the CL with the squad I got. The Coppa Italia I don't consider it as an important cup so will play with reserves.

Any comments are appreciated as usual and if you need any screenshot, just ask!

Also I won't have time to play again till Tuesday!

Nice seasons guys. Undefeated. Very nice. It will be a while before I finish mine. Towards end of October now.

@Novara away game

We pretty much dominated. I did not feel the absence of krasic or Elia at all, which is strange as they seem to be highly rated by my coaches. Bonucci converted a rebound from a corner for 1:0. Ludi tried to defend against Matri for the second but put it in his own goal 2:0. Quagliarella made it 3 towards the end.

Final score 3:0

@Parma home game

Again we were heavy favorites and it showed. Matri was very fortunate with the absence of Elia as I am playing Vucinic as my left winger and he repaid my patience. He got the ball midfield and outran the defenders, rounded the keeper, and scored a beautiful 1:0. Finally he scored when I needed him to. Pirlo converted a penalty shot for 2:0. Matri then scored a second that had rebounded from a defender. 3:0. Finally, Vucinic put one in from a tight angle to the left. 4:0.

Final score 4:0

Current table:

1. Juve, 20

2. Milan, 18

3. Inter, 18

4. Napoli, 14

5. Chievo, 13

Games so far to recap

28.8.- A - vs. Roma, 1-1 (krasic)

10.9.- H - vs. Milan, 3-3 (quagliarella, taiwo o.g., Vucinic)

18.9.- A - vs. Inter, 3-1 (zanetti o.g., Vucinic, chiellini)

21.9.- H - vs. Bologna, 2-0 (krasic, quagliarella)

25.9.- A - vs. Palermo, 4-0 (del piero, quagliarella, Matri x2)

1.10.- H - vs. Atalanta, 2-0 (chiellini, pirlo)

16.10.- A - vs. Novara, 3-0 (Bonucci, ludi o.g., quagliarella)

23.10.- H - vs. Parma, 4-0 (Matri x2, pirlo, Vucinic)

Nice results there tyro!

Just a small update... played 2 games in Serie A...

Bari vs Juventus - 0-3

Chiellini, Krasic, Rossi (debut goal)

Juventus vs Roma - 8-1

Cavani, Lavezzi (debut goal), Elia x2, Vucinic, Rossi, Subotic x2

Pirlo also missed a penalty!

juventusvromasplitview.th.png

Schalke in CL next!

At the start of transfer windows (july 2012) my norvegian businessman gave me 100m € for transfers. In august i got another 50m €. Yeah i didn't change anything in the editor before starting. I bought Thiago Silva, Cavani, Jovetić and Iniesta for almost 280m €. 150m € from transfer budget, 50m € from money i got for selling some players and the rest with fees over 48 months..

I guess i'm a bit crazy but hey if you have cash, spend it. :D

Anyway i will start from the beggining when the first patch comes. I hope they'll fix stadium attendance and Agnelli selling the club.

I will post a more detailed report later tonight.

8-1 vs Roma nice. Nice buys hudick. There were talks about a takeover but it was quickly resolved. However, my board provided me with a 10 mil additional transfer budget. Need to improve left back and center backs.

Quick updates:

@Cagliari, away game

Pretty easy game. Vucinic again from an angle for the first and Matri made the second after a nice solo effort.

@Genoa, home game

Well, odds said easy opposition and I thought it would be a good time to rest some key players. They had all around 90-93% condition but I wanted to rest them. So I played with mostly backup players. It seemed to go well. Sorensen scored from a corner and we were ahead until the 78th minute. They also scored from a corner. I reacted by subbing in pirlo and quagliarella and switched to attacking. We had much more chances but didn't convert. So, ...

Final score 1:1

Still first in league 3 pts ahead of milan and rested players but a win would have given me a 6 point lead. Let's see of it was worth it.

Next up: Cesena, Catania, fiorentina in November.

Edit: I also had Elia ask for a leave. Not a big impact but your report of him asking again will make me consider and option for a left winger although Vucinic and giaccherini are doing well.

Great OP, very informative. Just been trialling the demo after many years of not playing FM, must say that I think it is amazing now (and splashed out on the full version).

Being a long time Juve fan, thought I would give them a whirl and see how it went. I thought it would be a good challenge to try and push for top 1 or 2 come the new year. All things went well and was 3 points clear of Napoli (and managed to bang AC 4-0, huzzah!). Season stands at 12-5-1 (35F, 9A) and Buffon managed 600+ minutes without conceding a single goal. I think Juve's main advantage this season is no Euro competitions, so they can afford to have a smaller squad to rotate through than some of the other clubs.

Played a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with both CM starting in the central position, back up was to push them out wider. They picked up the formation very quickly which was good. Buffon, De Cegli, Barzagli, Chiellini, Lichsteiner, Pirlo (playmaking DM), Elia (leftside) Vidal, Thiago (on loan), Qaugliarella (CF/ Poacher) and Vucunic (CF). Qaug's had an amazing run of 15 goals in 14 games. Pirlo bossed from deep. Buffon was great as always. I found FB (De Cegli/ Grosso) was quite weak and would recommend it as a first point of call in strengthening the team. Marchisio/ Pazienza/ Pepe were great off the bench. ADP had some bad luck and was out for 4 months. Matri was... useless for me.. not a Krasic fan in game or real life, so first offer will see him out ze door :p

Thanks to Bomber for his advice too, was having talk issues at times with the team so I am hoping this will help me out as well...

Stgahoy - That's more than dominance :D

I notice you have Guiseppe Rossi, as I havn't been in this thread for a while to my annoyance, I havn't read any of your updates, if there are any so, sorry for my ignorance :o Anyway, how much did you get Rossi for? Nothing under 30 million I presume?

Nice signing anyway :thup:

November Update:

Games against Cesena (A), Catania (H), and Fiorentina (A), completed the November games.

@Cesena

This was an interesting game. The referee, Orsato was very trigger happy. I realized it after 5 minutes into the game when Cesena had a foul and got a yellow and we made a foul and got a yellow. 2 fouls - 2 yellows. Right away I put the instruction - stay on feet - to keep tackling easy. I think this is what won me the match. Cesena had over 20 fouls, 6 yellow cards, and a red in the 78th. I stayed with the one yellow and 4 fouls. Scoring: it started with a penalty of course. Pirlo converted without a second though. 1:0. Quagliarella added for the second and then pirlo converted the second penalty for 3:0. Somehow 10 man Cesena managed to net one corner in.

Final score 3:1

@Catania

This was a home game and I went with an attacking set up. Matri scored early on and Pepe added a second.

@Fiorentina

It took a while for the goals to come. But shortly before the break Matri scored for us (again!). After the break Bonucci added a header, and then quagliarella finally got his deserved goal in the 75th. I then subbed in Del Piero to give him some play time. He almost scored from free game but it went wide.

Final score 3:0

Biggest loss: pirlo out for 5 weeks, damaged knee cartilage.

I must say Matri has come around and is doing really well. Him as poacher and quagliarella as DLF support are playing well together. Vucinic is superb as left winger and Pepe has been excellent as a defensive winger on the right. Krasic is back from injury and I will give him play time but if he doesn't play well I have no trouble playing Pepe again.

I signed Ezquiel Munoz from Palermo for 5.5m to have another young center back available. I am extensively scouting for a left back and a center midfielder, in case pirlo retires and also for backup.

My top goal scorer so far: Matri with 7

Assists: quagliarella with 6 (also 6 goals)

Highest rating: chiellini 7.54

Also, Buffon has been outstanding. So many clean sheets and he keeps them all out.

League table (top 5, after 13 games):

1. Juve, 33

2. Inter, 29

3. Napoli, 25

4. Milan, 23

5. Chievo, 21

I am Juve on my save.After 3 failed board take-overs they managed to sell the club, the new chairman invested 150m into the club which resulted in a MASSIVE transfer budget .Hopefully he keeps up this level of financial backing .

I finished 2nd in the first season which I was happy with .

Another weird thing to note was , after the take over and investment made by the new chairman I now sit at the top of the reputation rankings ,above barca ? All i did was win the cup and come 2nd in the league .Why such a huge rep increase?

Stgahoy - That's more than dominance :D

I notice you have Guiseppe Rossi, as I havn't been in this thread for a while to my annoyance, I havn't read any of your updates, if there are any so, sorry for my ignorance :o Anyway, how much did you get Rossi for? Nothing under 30 million I presume?

Nice signing anyway :thup:

My update is here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276947-FM12-Juventus-FC-Welcome-Home?p=7229804&viewfull=1#post7229804

Well I had to pay £34M:o which is quite crazy, but I wanted some Italian player to my team, and Rossi seems to be the best Italian player in the front on the game.

Season 2 Report:

Serie A:

Managed to defend the title, this time I was fighting till the end vs Milan. I was 10 pts in front of them after 30th fixture, but it became tight as I had 3pts over them in the 36th fixture when I played them at home, I won 2-0 over them, and made the dreams come true.

tabelavi.jpg

Champions League:

Have been in group with Olympique Marseille, Manchester United and Dinamo.

vs Olympique - 1-0 (A), 0-0(H)

vs Manchester - 1-1(H) 2-3(A)

vs Dinamo - 3-0 (H) 4-1(A)

End up 2nd, Man U won the group with 5 wins and a draw

The Draw:

I had some good options in the draw despite being 2nd in the group I could get, Porto Lyon Liverpool and Schalke who were the rivals I could kick out. But I hit the jackpot by getting Barcelona in the first knockout stage.

Home - 1-1 - Cavani

Away - 0-0

Well even though we got the hardest rival I had 'good' results despite going out of CL. Pity we didnt use our great chances at Camp Nou Cavani and Lavezzi had great goal chances but they failed to convert. Also I failed as I wanted to get to the quarters and we went off in 1/8. This season we need to get to semi-final !

Coppa Italia:

Well a very dissappointing start for me. We went out in the first round to Genoa 0-1, pity but well. It was a strange season at the cup as me and Inter went off in the first round, Milan lost to Catania 0-4 in the quarter final. The final was Genoa - Catania which Catania won 4-1, and they were a Serie B team !!

Transfers:

I got a hefty budget of £56M and a £1.9M wage budget. Even though I didnt plan to spend much this year.

Ins:

- Alphonse Areola - £11M over 48months - Winter transfer, bought him after scouts recommended him 4* potential. Buffon isnt gettng younger and I'm hoping Areola to catch the Buffon level soon. Already starting vs weak team to get into the team fast.

- Sebastian Giovinco - £3M - bought the other 50% of him, definetly a great backup + Home-grown!

- Albin Ekdal - £1M - bought out the other 50% looks like a solid backup.

- Lorenzo Crisetig - £6.5M from Cagliari - Seeing him as a replacment for the aging Palombo, will get starts vs weaker teams. Beeing tutored by Aldo Duscher (Immense tutor for DMCs) and his stats going sky high !

- Marco Capuano - £1M - from Cesena - Looks like a really solid LB backup after De Ceglie left

Outs:

- Giaccherini - £1.7M - to Cesena - they bought out 50% of his card, wasnt performing good for me

- Felipe Melo - £1.1M - to AS Roma - He came back from Fulham after the loan but they didnt bought him out. Roma came with the £1.1M offer and tbh I couldnt say no.

- Marco Storari - £1.1M - to Lazio - Areola came to the team and I couldnt leave Storari on the bench for the full season, so I let him go.

- Paolo De Ceglie - £0 - to Napoli - He left the club after he didnt want to renew his contract and moaning all the time he wants to start, he wanted £45k p/w and well there was no way I would pay him that. Capuano looks even better than De Ceglie and wanted only £10k p/w so bye bye. The only downside I'm loosing a home grown.

First Team:

GK: Buffon/Areola

CB: Chiellini

CB: Toro

RB: Lichtensteiner

LB: Cissokho

DMC: Palombo/Crisetig

MC: Vidal

MC: Poli

AMR: Lavezzi

AML: Rossi

ST: Cavani

Best players last season:

Edinson Cavani - 29 games - 25 goals 10 assists 8MoMs - 7.75 AvR (highest in the league)

Ezequiel Lavezzi - 29 games - 17 goals 10 assists 7MoMs - 7.66 AvR (2nd highest in the league)

Giuseppe Rossi - 29 games - 10 goals 13 assists 5MoMs - 7.60 AvR (3rd highest in the league)

Arturo Vidal - 30 games - 9 goals (0 penalties) 8 assists 2MoMs - 7.30 AvR

Italian supercup vs Cesena:

The supercup vs the suprising winner of the cup, well they didnt have much to say in the game and we won it easily:

4-0 - Rossi 43' , Lavezzi 47' 53' , Cavani 65'

The super trio owns them hard.

Goals for this season: Winning Serie A, Semi-Final of CL.

Anyone else bought Nicolas Gaitan?

He is insane as an inside forward. Banging in goals from everywhere!

Also bought Tevez, he's doing okay.. :lol:

But Chiellini just got injured for 3 months, Tevez and Gaitan for 3-4 weeks each. In my second season and I want to win the CL! Luckily Otamendi is still well.

And lucky me some crazy rich Romanian sugar daddy bought Juventus in my first season so money isn't an issue..

Also as a lot of other people, I am playing 4-5-1.

Having trouble selling some of my players though, seems no one wants to buy Pepe, Pazienza etc.

I could add, I also bought players like Ganso, José Angel, Pablo Piatti, Antonelli, Cassani.

Thinking about selling Ganso, he really isn't doing that well despite his stats.

Antonelli and Cassani are just backups. Whereas José Angel is doing really well along with Lichtsteiner. Playing them as wingbacks.

And as my defenders are quick and I have an anchor man in the DM it works out well.

I paid €8.75M, and yes he is natural both in AML and AMR, though I play him in the right slot since he is left footed.

I could add, now I am in the beginning of March and he has an average rating of 7.47 with 10 goals, 13 assists and 4 MoM awards during 24 matches. (those are just the league stats, more goals and assists in the other competitions as well).

Just noticed his overall rating is even higher which is 7.60, he has "enjoys big matches" so I guess he really likes those CL matches :)

Got a good draw in the CL group stage - Shakhtar, Paris Saint-Germain and Sparta Prague.

Started my season rather well.

1st September - Serie A

vs Catania - Home 5-1

Goals by: Cavani 25', Rossi 32', Chiellini 49', Bonucci 61' 90'

Strange game with me scoring 3 after corners.

14th September - Serie A

vs Atalanta - Away 1-1

Goals by: Lavezzi 35'

Well the game went unlucky for me we lost a goal in 90+3', and we had many chances to make it higher but well a draw.

18th September - Champions League

vs Sparta Prague - Home 4-1

Goals by: Cavani 12' 70' , Matri 44' , Marchisio 56'

21st September - Serie A

vs Lazio - Home 2-0

Goals by: Lavezzi 7', Cavani 90+4'

Sent off: Giuseppe Rossi 67'

25th September - Serie A

vs Genoa - Away 3-0

Goals by: Bonucci 14', 79' , Poli 17'

Funny thing with Bonucci, 2nd time he scores a double one after a free kick, and the 2nd one after some 'flipper' after a corner. Anyway a good game when we took control early.

28th September - Serie A

vs Inter - Home - 1-0

Goals by: Vidal 61'

Missed penalty Cavani 10'

We dominated the whole game, Cavani could score at least 3 but well... Julio Cesar with the MoM. Anyways 3points stay in Turin ;). Also Vidal got Sneijder out for 3-4months with an injury :cool:

1st October - Champions League

vs Shakhtar - Away 2-2

Goals by: Cavani 18', Lavezzi 55'

Referee was blind on this game, and reported this bug on the issues forum.

Rather good results, pity on the game vs Shakhtar where referee made a huuuuuge mistake but well, games vs Paris will be very important, I need to win them to win the group.

Took the job :) just saved my PSG so i can continue that too , the team is a mess mate too many players not good enough to play for Juventus , Buffon has retired , Del Piero is still here but will retire at the end of the season .

I'm trying to sell a lot of the dead wood so i can build up my own team and style of play , i like my players to be able to keep the ball well and pass it well possession is a big part of my tactic i set up.

Sold Fernandiho to Malaga for 19.75m

Maxwell 2.2m Valencia

Motta 1m Ajax

Maiga 5.75m Real Betis

Pazienza 1.3m Sevilla

Manninger 625k Sevilla

Transfer Targets

I have around 53m too spend

1. David Silva 25.5m Brilliant player fits into my system and style of play a little genius

2. Sebastian Coates 5m Good Price will Partner Chiellini at the back

Will keep looking for players need a Goalkeeper , Left Back , Defensive Midfielder , Attacking Left Winger , and a Top Striker

I restarted my Juve season after trialling the demo up to the cutoff point. Was a lot of fun and thought, in for penny, in for a pound!!

Transfers In:

Matteo Ferrari (Free Transfer and plays well as a back up Defender)

Davide Astori (Def, bit over the odds at 11mill)

Ibrahim Afelley (Loan in Jan window)

Transfer Out

Luca Toni (Upset the fans a bit and have to pay$30k p/w still)

Alex Manninger

Amuari (and some of his wages still too)

Am currently playing a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with midfielders set to wide and the DM is a DLP (Settings in order: Fluid, Balanced, Default, More Expressive, Press More, Default, Zonal, Drill Crosses & More Roaming).

Quagliarella's awesome form in the demo died off for me and he couldn't find the net if he tried. Vucinic is playing well and scores in about 80% of games, able supported by Matri and co. I haven't done anything special with corners but Astori and Bonnuci go nuts up front for set pieces. They have 5 goals each so far, which for me is nuts!! Vidal and Krasic do well for setting up most of our goals, nothing spectacular though numbers wise.

Sitting top of Seria A at the moment (PLayed 24, won 18, Drawn 5, Lost 1), 7 points clear of Palermo who spanked me 4-2 at home and 15 points clear of Inter in 3rd. Managed to put one over Roma though. Beat them 4-0 at olimpico and Luis Enrique got sacked the next day. Hehehe.

Nedved bought the Club out last week and I was so excited, hoping to hit the gravy train with some nice cashola for the offseason... but he said that he wasn't investing any additional funds :`( /damn it

Still struggling pre game to get anyone motivated to react to what I ask but if I light the rocket at half time, they all respond. Not sure why it is and I have tried every combo under the sun (wrote out a list to try) to no avail. Buffon and Del Piero always seem to get upset when I discuss a rival. Quite odd.

Having a blast, will let you know how the rest of the season goes. Next up is Inter away.

@Luis Suarez 7 At least you got good prices for Fernandinho, strange to hear that Buffon retired... Is Silva interested in joining you? Propably that will be a hard call. Post your current team maybe we can help a bit.

Managed to lower some wages in the team, Palombo from £55k p/w to £27k p/w (Despite he's still looking really good) also Buffon from £100k p/w to £50k p/w. Spending £1.4M p/w on wages atm really nice.

@stgahoy Got David Silva 165k a week he is on , he has played 6 games so far with 3 goals 3 assists Avr Rating 7.74

I have only one keeper Laurentiu Branescu he's not doing too bad 6 games let in 6 , 3 clean sheets , 1 Man Of The Match , Avr Rating 7.15

Tried to get Pepe Reina in but my 30m bid was rejected

Sebastian Coates has been brilliant like a rock with Chellini and has two Serie A goals already bargain at 5m

Also got Sebastien Corchia was scouting him while i was at PSG so made a 14m bid which was rejected ended up paying 20m but he has been solid so far

Currently 3th in Serie A behind Inter Milan and Palermo played 6 won 5 drew 1 which was a 3 - 3 draw with AC Milan

Looking forward to January on the look out for a Keeper and a Top Striker had 30m and 35m bids accepted for Cavani and Rossi both wouldn't talk to me hopefully they will in January

Finished my first season with the Double (Cup and Serie A). Cup was good with a 3-1 demo job on AC but had a total heart attack with the main title. Team went through a massive form slump and only won on the last day to stay 3 points clear of Inter. :O Leaked goals all of the place. I think I need to go back and revisit what I have my defensive team doing.

I had issues all season with my team plagued by ill discipline. It was a regular thing to lose someone to suspension due to too many yellows and the odd red. Krasic even took me aside for a chat about the teams poor discipline. Anyone have suggestions or if this is a regular thing?

--> Tight marking set, Press More for closing down, default tackling

Archived