FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reached Jan in my first season. Pretty close at the top, but I've slipped away in the last few games, now 8 points off 1st place, sat in 5th.

Van Persie and Chamakh both scoring goals when they play, 22 goals in 31 apps between them. Gervinho and Mounier doing very well from the wings. Didn't think Mounier would cope this well here, but 7 goals and 8 assists in 25 apps say otherwise.

Not looking to buy anyone this window, arranged to sign Jussi Jaaskelainen for £1m at the end of the season, but that's it. Selling Squillaci but that doesn't need much of an explanation. Got the legendary Dennis Bergkamp as my AssMan though :cool:

has the new patch made the game harder? returned to my old save and reloaded it on the new updated game and my team loses games we dominate much more frequently and it is very annoying!

There were no changes to the match engine and as the game was already in progress no player changes could have been made to that save. The only influence the patch could have had was reduce the effectiveness of some of the man-management choices as I believe some corrections were made in that area but nothing big.

a reputation is not built in a few months though, i think after a season or 2 it may be easier

You should also remember that if your squad morale is very high or superb then after a win it will be nigh on impossible to increase the morale any further because it will be pretty close to maximum and the win will have just increased it.

Hi, this is the first time I'm posting in this thread. There is one thing I don't understand; the majority of people say they don't use or say Park Chu Young isn't any good. He is actually the opposite, he has a 8.8 avg rating for me with 8 goals in 4(2). He also has 4 assists and 3 man of the matches. To be fair, the teams I have played him against are Fulham, APOEL, and Leverkusen. That sort of striking rate is still very good. I use him as a ST trequartista in an attacking 4-5-1, I used him as a AML inside forward against Bayer Leverkusen where he got a brace. My point is, he really isn't that bad.

You should also remember that if your squad morale is very high or superb then after a win it will be nigh on impossible to increase the morale any further because it will be pretty close to maximum and the win will have just increased it.

squad morale will not make any difference to your reputation and levels of respect

Hi, this is the first time I'm posting in this thread. There is one thing I don't understand; the majority of people say they don't use or say Park Chu Young isn't any good. He is actually the opposite, he has a 8.8 avg rating for me with 8 goals in 4(2). He also has 4 assists and 3 man of the matches. To be fair, the teams I have played him against are Fulham, APOEL, and Leverkusen. That sort of striking rate is still very good. I use him as a ST trequartista in an attacking 4-5-1, I used him as a AML inside forward against Bayer Leverkusen where he got a brace. My point is, he really isn't that bad.

fair point, he is not a conventional striker but he is an excellent creative forward

So I only managed to get to 5th in the first season, losing to West Brom 5-2 on the final day was the killer point.

Here are my transfers for season 2. (Note: I signed Diego Poyet from Charlton in January and forget to mention it.)

White square = regen.

Red circle = Edited in the db.

transfersinseason2.png

transfersoutseason2.png

(Denilson sold for £2.5m is missing, total sales = £38.5m)

Rennes were relegated, but they wanted £22m for M'Vila, which I didn't want to pay when I still have Song to play DM.

Qualified for Europa League groups, beating Rapid Bucharedt 5-1 on aggregate. Won 3/3 in the league, scoring 12, conceding 3. Gervinho and Van Persie the stars so far.

I'm in need of some help, My team just aren't performing what so ever. Strikers cannot score and everyone of their shots are directly at the goalkeeper and I seem to be conceding lots of goals. Could anybody show me their team and player instructions to give me a bit of guidance

I'm in need of some help, My team just aren't performing what so ever. Strikers cannot score and everyone of their shots are directly at the goalkeeper and I seem to be conceding lots of goals. Could anybody show me their team and player instructions to give me a bit of guidance

us showing you our instructions doesn't help you understand anything, best idea is go to the tactics forum, post up a game as an example, along with match comparison of both teams shots, passes, heat maps etc (the works) along with your team and tactics, that way we can look at it, and help you understand

Arsenal Update - August 2011

Premier League

Newcastle 1-3 Arsenal - Gervinho, Andre Santos, van Persie

A tight game settled by a stunning strike from Andre Santos, fresh off the bench who scored from 30 yards into the top corner. Van Persie wrapped up the points minutes later.

Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool - Walcott, Arshavin

A good controlling performance, and the pace of the wide forwards undid Liverpool. We never looked in danger.

Man Utd 2-2 Arsenal - van Persie (2)

After looking distinctly second best early on, we eventually really took control of the game, going 1-0 down early on to a Hernandez goal, before van Persie's excellent finish before half time, we took the lead in the second half when van Persie scored another superb goal from the edge of the box, but Hernandez raced clear to level the score with 8 minutes left. A well deserved point.

UEFA Champions League Play Off

Arsenal 6-0 Rubin Kazan - Chamakh, Vermaelen (3), Arteta (2)

A great result, but barely out of 2nd gear, and did not need to. Chamakh in for the suspended van Persie and opened the scoring. Vermaelen scored a hattrick after winning several set-pieces, and Arteta scored 2 penalties - job done.

Rubin Kazan 3-0 Arsenal

Lost disappointingly, after I rested all of my first XI. We looked 2nd best throughout, and like a team already qualified. No damage done.

Carling Cup 3rd Round Draw

Fulham v Arsenal

UEFA Champions League Group E

Arsenal

Villarreal

Lille

Rosenborg

Arsenal Update - September 2011

Premier League

Arsenal 2-0 Swansea - van Persie, Vermaelen

Simple win, controlled the game very well, not much in the way of a final ball or clear cut chances, but we never looked like losing.

Blackburn 0-3 Arsenal - Diarra og, van Persie, Chamakh

A game that came down to Walcott's 2 assists. An excellent performance that helped me get the edge over Blackburn. Plenty of the ball, another good performance.

Arsenal 5-1 Bolton - van Persie (2), Walcott (2), Gervinho

Outstanding perfomance, we looked great going forward, got behind the Bolton defence several times and Walcott and van Persie were outstanding again.

Arsenal 4-1 Villarreal - Walcott, Koscielny, van Persie, Ramsey

A game where against a good side we still dominated possession, created many chances, and gave little away.

Lille 1-3 Arsenal - Landreau og, Arshavin, Ramsey

Rested van Persie, Chamakh was responsible for the own goal by Landreau, and Arshavin's goal for the 2nd was a great finish after going clean through. Hazard got a goal back for Lille, but Ramsey finished it off late on.

Carling Cup 3rd Round

Fulham 6-1 Arsenal - Park

An odd reverse, little statistically wrong aside from the fact that Fulham somehow created a lot of chances, and Jenkinson and Frimpong in particular were poor. Again a change XI but, again, very disappointing.

after starting life in league 2 unemployed with plymouth and getting them in the premiership i got offered the arsenal job after their current manager mihailovic went and took the inter job. I decided to take the job even though was currently 7th in the league and being a utd fan. however wanna win trophies and ive took plymouth as far as i could

im in 2016 and the board gave me a budget of 17mill with the club having a healthy bank balance of 70mill

squad is very decent. main arsenal players still here are

szczesny

sagna

vermaelen

song

wilshere

ramsey

RVP

walcott

chamakh

gervinho

previous managers brought in

bocaly...im selling

douglas...cb... keeping

scott dann... keep as back up

aly cissokho... keeping

ansaldi... sold for 13mill... good for 30 year old

perotti... keeping for now

andre ayew... beast in cm

michael bradley... sold

guardado... sold for 10mill

looking at the team i needed another cm so managed to get in ross barkley for 27mill...prob could have gotten better but needed homegrown and he is still young.

with RVP declining and the team relying on chamakh to score the goals the team needed a proper worldclass striker so went for leandro for 27 mill. scored 2 on his debut so hopefully he is the one.

also got gaitan in for 9mill who looks like he could be a great player and versatile as he plays both aml and amr

the other players i brought in were 19-20 year old regens who look class especially one lad from USA who is an AML and is good enough to play in the first team now and another brazilian CB who will be vermaelens replacement.

still in the champs league but next round i play barcelona

so far in my arsenal career ive played 13, won 9, lost 3 and drawn 1.... currently the team sit 4th in the prem but a massive 13 points behind utd who are top.

in two minds of whether to sell gervinho as ive not really seen him play well yet and he is on 99,000 a week and will be hitting 29 years old soon.

also cant seem to get the best out of walcott

would love to get gotze in but he has no interest in joining and city already have hazard.

now ive put my own touch on the team hopefully i can start challenging and at least finish top 4

Here are my fixtures for the previous 2020/21 season, last 4 results which were cut out were

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/fixtures1.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/fixtures2r.jpg/

away to liverpool, won 4-2

home to spurs, won 2-0

beat chelsea on penalties in FA cup final

beat newcastle 2-1 away

(I am in the end of season 1 - have not read the whole thread)

Want to bring a new face into the defence. A new DC is on the way - but who should I sell? Koscielny and Mertesacker have played aproxx 25 games each on both around 7.3 in AVR (Mertesacker a bit better than Koscielny)

What is your experience with Koscielny and Mertesacker in a long run - whom is the better player...?

Thanx :-)

Hey guys first time I am posting here.

My strikers (RVP, Cavani, Chamakh) are doing a great job scoring a lot of goals.

My defenders are just horrible (Vermaelen, Metersacker, Chiellini, Koscielny, Otamendi, Santos, Cissokho, Sagna).

I have Adler, and Scenezy as my keeper.

I have conceded 2-3 goals in almost all my games.

Any suggestions guys......????

I also seem to be making a loss every month. I am in Nov 2011.

I dont have any monthly deals going on.

Any help, much appreciated.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is my team/formation and instructions

teamag.jpg

instructionsk.jpg

The thing is, my strikers just cannot score at all, on average I score one dodgy goal a game although I will have at least 15 shots and they miss all of them. Also my defence are shocking, I'l either have a lucky 1-0 win or I'l get beat 3-4 nil by the poorest of teams. I've already had humiliating defeats to; Cardiff, Doncaster and Bradford. What could I do to my tactics to improve my game as this is really starting to bug me

EDIT: Since posting this I have been beaten 3-0 by Portadown.. I need serious help guys.

Dear all – a little question.

Playing in the end of first season and a new DC is on the way. But who should I send of the club?

Vermaelen is the no.1 – Mertesacker and Koscielny has been no.2, and one of them is on the way out – but whom?? I could use some info from those of you who have played with them for more than one season…

Both have avr around 7.3 – (Mertesacker a bit higher) and played aprox. 25 games each

Please advice :-)

Mertesacker in my opinion. Purely cos Koscielny will last longer, and Mertesacker's value will drop sooner than Kos'. They're similar enough in ability, Mertesacker may be slightly better stats wise, but performance wise they're pretty equal. It's a insignificant decision, both will be back up I assume? Try keeping both for a season and see what happens?

In other news, I finally have FM, don't recognise many of the posters here, changed loads. Erm, say hi if I should recognise you? I won't post much till after my exams, but I've almost finished my first season with Arsenal, will report soon enough.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is my team/formation and instructions

teamag.jpg

instructionsk.jpg

The thing is, my strikers just cannot score at all, on average I score one dodgy goal a game although I will have at least 15 shots and they miss all of them. Also my defence are shocking, I'l either have a lucky 1-0 win or I'l get beat 3-4 nil by the poorest of teams. I've already had humiliating defeats to; Cardiff, Doncaster and Bradford. What could I do to my tactics to improve my game as this is really starting to bug me

EDIT: Since posting this I have been beaten 3-0 by Portadown.. I need serious help guys.

Ok mate, first I don't think rigid helps a 4-2-3-1 system, which is built on movement. Move to balanced. Secondly, you aren't making use of the wide men in the system either - they should be inside forwards, as the system is designed to have them cutting inside ahead of the centre forward. You have no designated support roles at all, which are essential for transition play. Arteta as a DLP is better on a support role, you are stifling the strongest aspect of his game otherwise. I have found different ways of getting the AMC and STC to perform. They sometimes work as you have them now. Although considering you play a lot of pressing, switch Treq to advanced playmaker support and he will do far more defensive work. Encourage more roaming as the system needs players to move into space and exploit openings, you aren't so worried about keeping a disciplined shape - they shape itself is good enough to do that. If you read the thread I suggested the other day you will have seen Cleon challenge the notion that arsenal are creative, he is right, switch expression to default, and make passing shorter, you want to retain the ball more. Turn off ANYTHING you have ticked yourself, you REALLY do not need them, they can badly unsettle the team, and hinders your ability to respond to it in-game. Recommend Push Higher shout for most games, and suggest pass into space if struggling to break through.

There you go mate, seriously the most important is the final point - UNTICK all of your instructions, if you don't know in very strong detail (and you don't mate, no offence, thats obvious) then do not tick it.

What am I doing wrong?

From the forward 4 players there is one player who has forward runs on often and he has probably has roaming ticked (just like the other 3). This means that the only player to really lurk for through balls is trying to drop into space and drift out wide. I would personally change one of the advanced playmakers into an inside forward (just for the higher mentality, higher forward runs and roaming off) and maybe make sure the ST doesn't roam. Alternatively you can change the AMC to an attacking midfielder who will make runs past the striker. You might also consider playing a little wider to increase space and to increase time wasting so your players will take a moment on the ball to evaluate their options properly instead of moving the ball on immediately.

I'm not 100% sure those are your problems, I can't watch your matches for you, but from those screenshots it's the first thing that comes to mind.

Ok mate, first I don't think rigid helps a 4-2-3-1 system, which is built on movement. Move to balanced. Secondly, you aren't making use of the wide men in the system either - they should be inside forwards, as the system is designed to have them cutting inside ahead of the centre forward. You have no designated support roles at all, which are essential for transition play. Arteta as a DLP is better on a support role, you are stifling the strongest aspect of his game otherwise. I have found different ways of getting the AMC and STC to perform. They sometimes work as you have them now. Although considering you play a lot of pressing, switch Treq to advanced playmaker support and he will do far more defensive work. Encourage more roaming as the system needs players to move into space and exploit openings, you aren't so worried about keeping a disciplined shape - they shape itself is good enough to do that. If you read the thread I suggested the other day you will have seen Cleon challenge the notion that arsenal are creative, he is right, switch expression to default, and make passing shorter, you want to retain the ball more. Turn off ANYTHING you have ticked yourself, you REALLY do not need them, they can badly unsettle the team, and hinders your ability to respond to it in-game. Recommend Push Higher shout for most games, and suggest pass into space if struggling to break through.

There you go mate, seriously the most important is the final point - UNTICK all of your instructions, if you don't know in very strong detail (and you don't mate, no offence, thats obvious) then do not tick it.

I've applied all of these suggestions and I have noticed that I'm scoring a lot more goals and better as a whole in the final third although my defence is still shocking and conceding to the worst of teams

I've applied all of these suggestions and I have noticed that I'm scoring a lot more goals and better as a whole in the final third although my defence is still shocking and conceding to the worst of teams

some things will take time, but otherwise come visit the tactics forum with loads of match screenshots and we can help there. but at least it has made a start

When my defense is having trouble I like to take a really extreme defensive approach. The idea behind this is to not beat the opponent in a straight up battle between my defenders and their attackers but to beat them with a defensive system instead. I will either play a really high line and press really hard or I will drop really deep and stand off. Which approach is better depends on your team and the opponent (playing high up is a little dangerous if you are playing against Hernandez for instance).

One of my best wins with Arsenal was when I played against City with a really deep defense and a wide and open attacking game. I did have a bit of luck with szczesny stopping about 3 top class long shots which could have changed the game but overall I think my tactic proved to work quite well. The idea was that my defenders were quite helpless against city's attack (as proved by our previous encounter, they had Ganso, Aguero and Silva behind Dzeko) so I dropped deep into my own box and made sure they couldn't possibly get a shooting chance inside the box without at least two defenders putting pressure on them. The 3 long shots szczesny stopped were the only dangerous moments all game. On the other side I created enough space for my attackers to walk away with a 3-0 win.

The thing that became apparent in the inquest into my heavy defeat at old trafford was that I was effectively trying to achieve 2 things at once, and achieved neither. You must go wholeheartedly into a defensive system

Arsenal Update - October 2011

Premier League

Tottenham 0-0 Arsenal

A tough North London Derby at White Hart Lane. We had significantly more of the ball and chances in the first half, but failed to make them count, in the end Spurs came back into the game, and the goalless draw while disappointing was probably fair.

Arsenal 3-0 Sunderland - van Persie (2), Brown og

Easily defeated Sunderland at the Emirates with my superb captain van Persie on top form, as well as a generally impressive team performance.

Arsenal 5-0 Stoke - Walcott (2), Ramsey, Arshavin, Mertesacker

A highly convincing performance, with Walcott kicking off proceedings with an excellent header from inside the 6 yard box. Ramsey had only been on the field 4 minutes as a 10th minute sub for injured Rosicky completed a mazy exchange with van Persie to fire past Sorensen. Arshavin added an excellent strike, before Mertesacker's header added a 4th. Finally Walcott ran half the length of the pitch on the left flank, cut inside at the byline onto his right foot and drilled it in off the far post - scintillating stuff.

Chelsea 4-2 Arsenal - Arshavin, Song

After going behind to an early set piece Arshavin exchanged passes with Andre Santos before fizzing a powerful shot at the near post that Hilario could not keep out. Song then added a diving header to the list of goals just before the break, but we spurned chances to kill the game after half time, Chelsea got back into it, and an interception from Song with 10 minutes to go only served to set up Anelka, and after pushing hard for an equaliser and going very close, Chelsea added the 4th on the break with Malouda. Disappointing.

Arsenal 8-1 Rosenborg - van Persie, Walcott, Song, Arteta (2), Benayoun, Chamakh, Vermaelen

Yes 8 goals, in an utterly dominant performance at the Emirates, to leave me completely in command of Group E, all this after going behind in the 8th minute!

Arsenal Update - November 2011

Premier League

Arsenal 2-1 West Brom - Vermaelen (2)

We won the game thanks to Thomas Vermaelen's 2 headers from corners. We didn't look convincing or vintage at any point, and conceded a late consolation. The loss of van Persie to injury did not help, and his replacement Park had a very quiet game.

Norwich 0-2 Arsenal - van Persie, Gervinho

A match we never looked like losing, but we had to huff and puff after the 2 early goals.

Arsenal 2-0 Fulham - Diaby, Rosicky

A difficult game, settled by 2 excellent strikes from the edge of the area, first of all Diaby's beautiful strike creeping inside Schwarzer's post before half time, and then the late thunderbolt from Tomas Rosicky that Schwarzer could not keep out.

Rosenborg 3-0 Arsenal

A massively disappointing performance from an entirely changed first XI, statistically dominant, but Prica had the measure of Squillaci all game. We looked vulnerable.

Villarreal 1-1 Arsenal - Arshavin

Survived an early onslaught and countered with Chamberlain setting up Arshavin at the far post. Villarreal then went down to 10 men after 25 minutes when Musacchio was dismissed. However we couldn't take advantage and eventually conceded an equaliser. We need to win at home to Lille now to win the group.

Arsenal Update - December 2011

Premier League

Wigan 2-2 Arsenal - Vermaelen, Walcott

Went behind to an early penalty, survived an onslaught and ended up in front, but we looked shaky throughout and Wigan got a deserved equaliser in the 90th minute.

Arsenal 0-0 Everton

We did everything but score, and were frankly very unlucky.

Man City 1-0 Arsenal

We battled hard in a game of few chances, but Yaya Touré's long range stunner settled the game. Disappointing as we battled just as hard as city did. Unfortunately we lost Bacary Sagna to a broken leg for 4 months.

Aston Villa 0-1 Arsenal - Mertesacker

We again did everything but score, and rattled the woodwork. We were in complete control but it took a towering header from Mertesacker to give us the 3 points.

Arsenal 1-0 Wolves - van Persie

Van Persie scored for the first time in 4 games and it was enough to round off another dominant performance against a team that was hard to break down.

Arsenal 4-0 QPR - van Persie, Walcott (2) Vermaelen

We ripped open QPR with ease, and it showed as we notched up 4 goals. We looked good on the break.

Arsenal 3-1 Lille - Walcott, van Persie, Andre Santos

Got back onto some better form with an excellent win over Lille to win the group. Goals either side of half time by Walcott and van Persie put me in command. Hazard scored for Lille but we kept control, kept creating chances, and Andre Santos scored a stunning goal in the dying seconds to seal the points. Great result.

UEFA Champions League Knockout Round Draw

Marseille v Arsenal

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Arsenal v Cardiff

Update September/October

Premier League – NORWICH 1-0 ARSENAL – Johnson 25

Dreadful way to start the month. Dominated much of the game but as has shown so far this season no end product and no goals. To say I’m concerned is an understatement

Premier League – ARSENAL 3-0 PORTSMOUTH – Ben Haim o.g 23 Walcott 23 Vela 78

Back to winning ways with a comfortable win against new promoted Pompy. Just hoping it can continue as the Champions league kicks off.

Champions League – ARSENAL 3-0 LYON – Koscielny 13 Schurrle 34 Chamakch 79

A great start to the Champions league with a formidable display against Lyon. Koscielny headed in the opener before a great schurrle curler doubled the lead and Chamackh added the cherry with a great free kick.

Premier League – NEWCASTLE 0-2 ARSENAL – Chamackh 1 Walcott 66 Arteta m/p 86

Our momentum continued with a good display at Newcastle to pick up our first away points of the season. It could easily have been more but I’ll settle for 2-0 at this stage of the season.

League Cup 3rd Round – READING 2-3aet ARSENAL – Granero o.g 55 Church 81 - Vela 51 Gorkss o.g 73 Wilshere 96pen Vela miss/pen 42

The defense of the league cup stated at Reading. Jese made his debut while Bartley was preferred to Mertersaker at centre back. I didn’t quite expect the struggle that occurred. Bartley went off at half time with an injury and having snatched what I presumed was a winner I made subs to close out the last 17 minutes only for Reading to score again and take it to extra time. Another penalty saw Wilshere step up and send the keeper the wrong way. Not a great way to start but at least we are in the hat for the fourth round and that’s all that matters.

4th Round would be a repeat of the 2012 final with Everton coming to the Emirates to try and avenge their 0-2 defeat in the previous year’s final. Cheslea were knocked out in the third round. In the fourth round Spurs face the toughest task with a trip to Liverpool. All the other top clubs should negotiate their ties.

Premier League – ARSENAL 3–1 WEST BROM – Walcott 45 70 90 – Long 28

A Theo Walcott hat trick was the only difference between a comfortable win and an embarrassing defeat. With 20 minutes to go it seemed like West Brom would leave Emirates with a point but Walcott was on target to make sure that didn’t happen. A pleasing win as it sent us into the top 4 for the first time this season.

Champions League – AJAX 2-3 ARSENAL – Sulejmani 1 Torje 38 - Schurrle 19 47 Arteta 29

We faced a tricky trip to Ajax on Matrchday 2. Not helped by the stupid tactics system messing up leaving Baines at centre back, Mertersaker at left back and Lansbury paired up front with Schurrle. Incredibly despite this rather annoying glitch we still won the game. Ironically it was Schurrle that scored two of the three goals. Van Persie made his first appearance of the season coming on for Walcott with 8 minutes left.

Premier League – BOLTON WANDERERS 1-3 ARSENAL – Govou 38 – Koscielny 50 65 Walcott 83

A really good win at Bolton. Govou had given Bolton a first half lead and I went with a far more direct approach in the second half. Koscielny as he so often does headed in from two corners and then Walcott scored a great counter attack goal. Bolton had 8 players booked in the game. Incredibly none were sent off.

Premier League – ARSENAL 2-1 ASTON VILLA - Walcott 69 72 – Agbonlahor 50

Usually a home win against Aston Villa would be taken with a pinch of salt. Not this one, Villa had an invincible record and lead the table with a perfect 7 wins from 7. When they took the lead through Agbonlahor I feared it would become 8 but then Walcott came to life with two great finishes and should have had a hattrick. A very good win.

Champions League – APOEL 2-2 ARSENAL – Kastanas 53 Michail 90 – Wilshere 7 Walcott 10

An irritating result as Apoel scored with the last kick of the game. I made all three subs with ten minutes left only for Bartley to then get injured straight after coming on and I always thought it was inevitable they would get the equaliser. Becoming concerened with Adler. Letting in a few too many goals for my liking.

Premier League – ARSENAL 0-0 BLACKPOOL

Rare dropped points at home. 27 shots just couldn’t score.

League Cup 3rd Round – ARSENAL 4-2 EVERTON - Lansbury 24 Park 28 Granero 50 Vertonghen 74 – Joao Silva 20 Osman 45

Not an easy decision as to who to select to play. Playing league leaders Man City away just two days later I rested most of the key players. Having still not really got going this season I did decide to start Van Persie. He still had a pretty quiet game and it was the unsung heroes of Lansbury Granero Vertonghen and Park that got the goals and sent us into the quarter finals.

TOP SCORERS (all comps)

Walcott - 9

Schurrle - 4

Koscielny - 3

Wilshere - 2

Arteta - 2

Vela - 2

Chamackh - 2

Lansbury – 1

Vertonghen - 1

Granero - 1

Park – 1

Robin Van Persie – 0000000000000000000

AVERAGE RATINGS (all comps minimum 5 games)

Laurent Koscielny - 7.67

Theo Walcott - 7.43

Henri Lansbury - 7.30

Leighton Baines – 7.29

Andre Schurrle – 7.20

-------------------------------

Robin Van Persie – 7.17

Thomas Vermaelen – 7.04

Rene Adler – 6.98

LEAGUE TABLE

The league table did not make pretty reading after 9 games. In another year we would probably be top. Man City having been poor in the league the previous season but were flying by the end of October. Aston Villa had also been in great form. Spurs first dropped points came at Old Trafford at the eighth attempt.

Our next game?

Manchester City (Away)!

1. Man City played 8 points 22

2. Aston Villa played 9 points 21

3. Tottenham played 8 Points 21

4. Man United played 9 points 20

5. Arsenal played 9 points 19

--------------------------------

7. Liverpool played 9 points 16

9. Chelsea played 9 points 12

GAME OF THE MONTH

Chelsea had been in awful form. Winning only 3 of their 9 league games. A home defeat by Tottenham was the lowest point

CHELSEA 2-3 TOTTENHAM [/b]

Lukaku 24 Lampard 90pen /-/ King 15 Modric 35 45

A. Cole 86 [/b]

Shots 9 - 6

On Ta 3 - 3

Poss 51 - 49

PLAYER OF THE MONTH – Laurent Koscielny

He just gets better and better. Premier League Player of the month as well

8.4 (1)

9.2 (2)

STAT OF THE MONTH

Man City, Aston Villa and Tottenham have all made great starts breaking into the top 5. Here are there respective results

Man City

Man United (a) 0-1

Liverpool (h) 3-0

Norwich (h) 4-0

Portsmouth (a) 0-5

Newcastle (h) 3-0

West Brom (a) 2-2

Bolton (h) 2-0

Aston Villa (a) 0-2

Aston Villa

Fulham (a) 0-2

Norwich (h) 4-0

Portsmouth (a) 1-5

Newcastle (h) 2-0

West Brom (a) 1-4

Bolton (h) 4-1

Blackpool (h) 3-0

Arsenal (a) 2-1

Man City (h) 2-0

Liverpool (h) 3-0

Aston Villa (a) 0-2

Tottenham

Chelea (a) 2-3

Stoke (h) 3-1

Sunderland (a) 0-1

Wolves (h) 4-1

Blackburn (a) 2-4

Birmingham (h) 5-0

Blackpool (a) 0-2

Man United (a) 3-0

I usually start with my beloved Wolverhampton Wanderers but having had a save on FM11 that lasted from the day it was released until last weekend im a little bored of being Wolves. Thinking of starting an Arsenal game to try and dislodge the mighty force that is the 2 Manchester Clubs and Chelsea..

Sorry if this has already been asked but there is 12+ pages to scroll through but what is the transfer and wage kitty like for Arsenal??

PS. Milijas tackle was never a red card

I usually start with my beloved Wolverhampton Wanderers but having had a save on FM11 that lasted from the day it was released until last weekend im a little bored of being Wolves. Thinking of starting an Arsenal game to try and dislodge the mighty force that is the 2 Manchester Clubs and Chelsea..

Sorry if this has already been asked but there is 12+ pages to scroll through but what is the transfer and wage kitty like for Arsenal??

PS. Milijas tackle was never a red card

42 million for saying you will be a contender, 50 for winner. Wages I can't remember

Archived