FM12 Skins questions

yonko

I would like to ask all the FM skins experts a few questions regarding skins in the upcoming FM 12.

1. Do you guys expect too many changes to the way skins could be made or represented in the new edition?

2. Do you think that a Default Dark skin would be available to select on the Demo?

3. Would things like fonts, logos and kits be useable from the current version (FM11) into the newer one (FM12)?

4. Do any of you have already some "inside info" on the coding of skins for FM12?

From the screenshots posted of FM12 in the General Forum's Blogs, I like the look of the new layout and especially the look of the Dark skin. I especially like the fact that every user would be able to select their own preferred colours from within the game itself for certain things like Player Profile's attributes, selection colour, shortlisted players, co-owned, on loan, etc.

1. I'd expect the skinning system to remain the same. I don't see why they'd move on from what is a powerful and highly customisable skinning engine.

2. No idea

3. I'd expect so, as with 1 - if it ain't broke...

4. No and we won't get anything else unless it's announced by SI.

Thanks for responding Radestock. Are you planning to be releasing some of your work for FM12 when it comes out and you get your hands on the skinning codes? Would the changes in the layout of FM12 make it more difficult/challenging/time-consuming to create skins?

I don't know at present. I don't have a much time as I used to so skinning hasn't been something I've had time to do for a couple of years.

If the skinning system stays the same (and it presumably will) then it should't be any more difficult to make skins.

how did you get the skins to show up - I tried to move my skins folder to the my documents> sports interactive> skins - but nothing showed up....

You need to go into the skin folder and click on the xml file inside that (open with notepad), at the bottom of the file you will see the following: string id="required_version" value="11.1.0" translate="false"/>

the part in bold you must change to 12.0.0 or 12.0.1 then save and reload skin in game or restart FM12 Demo it will then show up but bare in mind the skins are not 100% compatible it could mess the screens up.

hello guys, does anyone know what type of logos are used in FM2012 DEMO? I really like them and I want to search for packs from FM2011 if they exist.

thanks in advance!

The logos used in FM or any of them are most likely known as standard logos do a search on the forums and i am sure you will find a nice logo pack

Sorry to go a little off topic, id just like to ask a quick question about customising my own game.. While i wait for a graphics pack, Is it possible for me to add my own picture to my squad background and the general background in the 2012 demo?

Is it a case of me putting my own Old Trafford picture into the appropiate fm folder, and tick the correct option in the fm menu? Or is it more complicated than that?

What is FM12's font called?

Helvetica, i guess.

------------------------------------------------------

The mod to appear only th player face and end with the graphic who is in the player's face side will be released here or it's not allowed?

Archived