How Brutal Are You In Getting Rid Of Players?

Blidly

With me, players who usually get the boot are the following:

Players who simply aren't good enough

The first thing I do when I take over any team is I go through it player-by-player (From the youths up to the first team regulars) and evaluate every single one of them. I work from stats and averages, and if a player over the age of, say 21, has poor-to-average stats (Dependant of course on the league i'm managing in), they'll normally be the first to be replaced. If I can't sell them they rot in the reserves until their contracts are up.

Greedy players

No matter how brilliant they may be, if they're on a decent contract and they're asking for more money it's a no-go. I like having wage caps in place no matter where i'm managing and I don't break the limit for anybody. I also look to try and sell any players on undeservedly high wages and who won't take wage cuts.

Old players

The only exception to this would be goalkeepers (Who can play until they're 40 and still perform reasonably), or favoured personnel/icons/legends (eg; Kevin Davies at Bolton). One a player gets past maybe 31 or 32 (Again, dependant upon how good they are and what league i'm in), i'll usually look to move them on, or offer them coaching roles in some cases.

Out of form players

It's all well and good having decent stats but that's only half the story. I'd much rather have a player with average stats who gets me high 6s every game than a player with good stats who barely averages more than 6/10.

Squad players

Sometimes i'll have players who are good enough but there are 2 or 3 better players ahead of them. It's not really fair on the player (Or the club, who are paying his wages) to keep him at the club if he's not going to get a game so i'll look to sell, or loan with a view to a permament move. Really, so long as i've got 2 players per position as well as a few utility players/youths I can use in case of an injury crisis, I usually get by okay.

Trouble players

It's not a given but players who get on my nerves by failing to turn up to training, causing arguments, constantly picking up cards and fines, or don't stop moaning will usually be shifted out. Again, this all depends on how good the player actually is.

Bit long-winded, but that's my stance on things haha.

Generally since Club Legends are revered, I believe they determine a significant portion of the shirt sell, etc;

Moreover, as the player gets older his physical capacity dec. while mental one inc. esp if he was a good player. Keeping that in mind a la Giggs, I train them to positions which requires higher mental prowess, like I have converted 3 of my AMC into deep lying play-makers once they got old.

With me, players who usually get the boot are the following:

Players who simply aren't good enough

The first thing I do when I take over any team is I go through it player-by-player (From the youths up to the first team regulars) and evaluate every single one of them. I work from stats and averages, and if a player over the age of, say 21, has poor-to-average stats (Dependant of course on the league i'm managing in), they'll normally be the first to be replaced. If I can't sell them they rot in the reserves until their contracts are up.

Greedy players

No matter how brilliant they may be, if they're on a decent contract and they're asking for more money it's a no-go. I like having wage caps in place no matter where i'm managing and I don't break the limit for anybody. I also look to try and sell any players on undeservedly high wages and who won't take wage cuts.

Old players

The only exception to this would be goalkeepers (Who can play until they're 40 and still perform reasonably), or favoured personnel/icons/legends (eg; Kevin Davies at Bolton). One a player gets past maybe 31 or 32 (Again, dependant upon how good they are and what league i'm in), i'll usually look to move them on, or offer them coaching roles in some cases.

Out of form players

It's all well and good having decent stats but that's only half the story. I'd much rather have a player with average stats who gets me high 6s every game than a player with good stats who barely averages more than 6/10.

Squad players

Sometimes i'll have players who are good enough but there are 2 or 3 better players ahead of them. It's not really fair on the player (Or the club, who are paying his wages) to keep him at the club if he's not going to get a game so i'll look to sell, or loan with a view to a permament move. Really, so long as i've got 2 players per position as well as a few utility players/youths I can use in case of an injury crisis, I usually get by okay.

Trouble players

It's not a given but players who get on my nerves by failing to turn up to training, causing arguments, constantly picking up cards and fines, or don't stop moaning will usually be shifted out. Again, this all depends on how good the player actually is.

Bit long-winded, but that's my stance on things haha.

Guna shorten for if you dont mind ;

Money Grabbing old squad players who dont perform well and cause trouble will leave your club quicker then you say FM11

I play almost entirely LLM and tend to be pretty tough. I've leave loaners around until their contract is up if I'm not paying them, but everyone else goes pretty quickly. They have about 5 games (usually) to impress me in some way. They're probably gone if they don't. Next checkpoint is about 10-12 games. If their game performance isn't how I like, they're gone. If they survive past 12 games or so, I start giving them leeway in case they're off their game for a while. the thing about LLM is I don't care what their stats are. The sole criteria is how they do in games. Honestly, I don't even look at stats. My scouts tell me if I should sign them, I decide their fate after that.

In higher leagues (which I hardly ever play, btw) I tend to leave everyone around if I think they have any potential because I tend to be swimming in money. (At least compared to playing in Hong Kong with the worst team in their bottom league.)

A lot of the squad will go when I first take over a club. If a player hasn't done anything to deserve my wrath, I try to sell him to the best club for his career. If I've developed a player I don't want that wasted, and I really don't like ex-Prem youngsters retiring at 22 because they're free at the end of the season. Has always irked me.

I don't tend to hang onto club greats, as I'd prefer them to have a swansong at another club than languish in my reserves because I can't justify playing them.

I play almost entirely LLM and tend to be pretty tough. I've leave loaners around until their contract is up if I'm not paying them, but everyone else goes pretty quickly. They have about 5 games (usually) to impress me in some way. They're probably gone if they don't. Next checkpoint is about 10-12 games. If their game performance isn't how I like, they're gone. If they survive past 12 games or so, I start giving them leeway in case they're off their game for a while. the thing about LLM is I don't care what their stats are. The sole criteria is how they do in games. Honestly, I don't even look at stats. My scouts tell me if I should sign them, I decide their fate after that.

In higher leagues (which I hardly ever play, btw) I tend to leave everyone around if I think they have any potential because I tend to be swimming in money. (At least compared to playing in Hong Kong with the worst team in their bottom league.)

Some players need half a season or more to play anywhere near their potential...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite ruthless. I tend not to buy in January, rather after the august window I have my squad and just identify potential targets for next summer. Then at the end of the season I put players I don't want anymore into the reserves and leave them there till they're sold. Whilst I bring in my replacements for the first team. Quite organised I think :)

I guess I'm part of the wussy minority here...

I mean, I do cash out by selling players around 29-31, but I can't help but feeling really bad about it ;)

Actually when they're club icons or even loyal servants I still try to re-negotiate their contract on a lower wage, so I can keep them around without losing too much money.

I even feel bad when I sell okay backups (often fizzled-out wonderkids or decent academy graduates), despite it being the best choice for their career... it's just I don't like the idea of telling one of my players "sorry, you're not good enough for us in the end. Goodbye"

On the other hand I'm quite ruthless with awful youth players, mediocre backups and with players I inherited from the previous manager (because those are often terrible old geezers on ridiculously high wages...)

You just described me, I also give extra credit to home-grown players and players who thinks me as their favorite personnels.

Archived