A bit of help please.

Hi, i'm no computer wiz so i have a question i hope somebody can help me with.

I'm thinking of buying this laptop and i was just wondering if its any good, and will it run Football Manager 2011 and 2012 easily? Here are the specs,

• Ultrathin 13.3" LED screen

• Intel Core 2 duo processor

• Intel GMA 4500M graphics processor

• Microsoft Windows 7 Professional operating system

• 320GB internal hard drive

• 2GB DDR memory

• 7 in 1 card reader

• HDMI output

• Bluetooth enabled

• 1.3 megapixel webcam

• Size H1.8 x W30 x D22.1cm (¾ x 11¾ x 8¾")

• Built-in webcam

Thankyou to any who help me with answering (:

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

Well it's either that one or this one,

• Dual Core T3300 processor

• 2GB DDR2 memory

• 320GB hard drive

• 15.6" widescreen LCD

• Celeron 925 processor

• DVD +/- RW double layer drive

• Vista/Nero 7/Microsoft Works V9.0 software

• AntiVirus trial

• Microsoft Windows 7 HP operating system

Any better? I only really want it to play FM and do the odd internet tasks. Thankyou for your quick response tho, much appreciated

Hi, i'm no computer wiz so i have a question i hope somebody can help me with.

I'm thinking of buying this laptop and i was just wondering if its any good, and will it run Football Manager 2011 and 2012 easily? Here are the specs,

• Ultrathin 13.3" LED screen

• Intel Core 2 duo processor

• Intel GMA 4500M graphics processor

• Microsoft Windows 7 Professional operating system

• 320GB internal hard drive

• 2GB DDR memory

• 7 in 1 card reader

• HDMI output

• Bluetooth enabled

• 1.3 megapixel webcam

• Size H1.8 x W30 x D22.1cm (¾ x 11¾ x 8¾")

• Built-in webcam

Thankyou to any who help me with answering (:

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section)

If you want it mainly for playing FM then a good processor is probably your main priority. Not sure how good the integrated graphics adapters are for showing the match engine. But this should be a pretty decent bet from that site I reckon, as it has the i5 CPU: http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Asus_B53F-SO160X_CI5-480M-2.53G__________B53F-SO160X/version.asp

Here are some good options too, provided this link works for others too (looks like it):

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/cl/27/Laptop-Computers?price_min=300&price_max=500&sort=3&attr_122=46490725&attr_2000098=50137312&attr_2000097=42885519&attr_123=2679

Better with a 'proper' graphics card, but not sure you can get that in that price range. Or maybe the sites just have crap info on them.

Yeah, it will mainly be for playing FM and the odd internet browsing, youtube watching,stuff like that. nothing too taxing (well apart from playing fm) Thankyou for all the links, all of the linked laptops will run fm2012 easily? If so I can just browse them and pick one i like knowing it will do the job i require. thankyou again

I assume they will all play it fine. FM usually isn't terribly hard on the graphics card. But it helps to have a decent one. Since there is so much number crunching I think the most important for FM is the processor, so an i5 is a good choice I would say.

Naturally it's nice with a bigger resolution screen than 1366x768 so you may want to look into that. Not sure what you can get in that price class. I have that resolution myself and it's fine, but it's naturally nicer to play on the desktop with gigantic resolution. Particularly now when FM comes with scalable screens with more info in some of them in bigger resolutions.

Archived