FM08: Aston Villa Thread - Holte Enders In The Sky!

SkeeterP

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Frankie 7:

Got van der vaart in for around £11m mark. About to land Alan Hutton as well from Rangers as right back to cover that pos.

Only got around 12 mil left to spend so need to spend wisely.

£12m um i think ya could get owen for about £9m or if ya want a young brazilan called alex cant remember the team but put his name in he is only 17 and ya can get him for about £550k to £1m and he will get goals for ya.

Now for def ya could get sergey Ignashevich on a free or try and get ryan taylor from wigan but he mite cost ya a bit but worth a go.

Its worth getting some wonderkids as well just have a look at the thread ya can get a load or idears there for some.

So if ya find any yaself send them my way

Just found a guy called Marvin Angulo. Looks not bad.

22029002wk3.jpg

Or Bogdan Stancu again looks not bad.

p2qz6.jpg

R u going 2 try and get these players cos i think they could do wel, worth a look i think if ya want some others i got a list ere.

Keepers

Francisco Guillermo Ochoa

Ivor Akinfeev

DEF

David Luiz hes a DEF

Christian Zapata DEF worth a look

Giorgio Chiellini DEF good Leftback

Naldo DEF good player

now MID

Darron Gibson Mid from Man U

Hatem Ben Arfa hes a good MID from (Lyon)

Zdravko Kuzmanovic not sure i think hes a AMC

and last upfronts

Dean ashton

Vagner Love gets goals

Bojan if ya can get him from barca i am still trying 2 get him.

So that mite help ya for a bit but if ya find any more players of any kind with high stats let me know k bud

Originally posted by -Only one Ronaldo-:

I took over Villa and my first Premier League game was against United, went 1-0 up at half time and got beat 3-1 in the end.

I brought in Modirc, Ryan Taylor, Huntelaar, Piatti, Makoun, Torje and Ignashevich.

Sold Cahill, Harewood and currently trying to sell Laursen.

Playing a 4-1-2-2-1 (two wingers) but i think i might be better playing both Carew and Huntelaar... any suggestions?

Sorry mate - imo selling cahill was a big mistake, i'm 3 seasons in and he just got 2nd in defender of year, made prem xi and has been solid as a rock in a double winning side.

turning down bids of 13mil from barcelona and madrid at the mo

end of 3rd season, team is

Bouzanis

Abenzonar/corluka

Pineda/ Barry

Curtis Davis

Gary Cahil

De Guzman/ninis

Matias fenandez/sergio motta

makoun/reocoker

Lulinha/pjanic

Falcao/palacio

Zeefuik

Bench

Bouma

Moore

Carew

Maloney

(plus some good youngsters)

Just won the leaguefor the first time and the fa cup, but lost in cl final

Team is really taking shape now, took a while but got the there in the end

Falcao and Zeefuik is a class partnership, stumbled on it over xmas and they both finished with over 25 goals

end of transfer window first season...

Out:

O'Halloran

Osbourne

Out on Loan: Aberdeen (new feader)

Taylor

Salifou

In:

Kompany CB

Ignashevich RCB

Banega DM

Saivet AMRL, ST

Loans In:

Assulin AMRLC

Future In's:

Lulinha AMC (01.07.2008)

Breno CB (01.01.2008)

Looking to sign in future:

ST - Jo or Falcao?? (what u think)

Unbeaten in pre-season, with Agbonlahor in fine form scoring 7 goals in 4 games, decent looking work from both Delfuonso and Saivet, scoring 2 each in 5 sub appearences. and brilliant work from Ashley Young with 9 assists in 6 games, 21 goals in 6 games, and only 3 conceded, 2 against AC Milan in a 2-2 draw at home..

Season started in typical Villa style with 2 0-0 draws, which werent expected after a free scoring Pre-Season, but the next match was 5-1 thumping of blackburn, with 5 seperate scorers, followed by a close 2-1 loss to Liverpool before the window closes, stay tuned for updates later on, and if i find out how to do screenshots i will.

Originally posted by carl_palmer123:

end of transfer window first season...

Out:

O'Halloran

Osbourne

Out on Loan: Aberdeen (new feader)

Taylor

Salifou

In:

Kompany CB

Ignashevich RCB

Banega DM

Saivet AMRL, ST

Loans In:

Assulin AMRLC

Future In's:

Lulinha AMC (01.07.2008)

Breno CB (01.01.2008)

Looking to sign in future:

ST - Jo or Falcao?? (what u think)

Unbeaten in pre-season, with Agbonlahor in fine form scoring 7 goals in 4 games, decent looking work from both Delfuonso and Saivet, scoring 2 each in 5 sub appearences. and brilliant work from Ashley Young with 9 assists in 6 games, 21 goals in 6 games, and only 3 conceded, 2 against AC Milan in a 2-2 draw at home..

Season started in typical Villa style with 2 0-0 draws, which werent expected after a free scoring Pre-Season, but the next match was 5-1 thumping of blackburn, with 5 seperate scorers, followed by a close 2-1 loss to Liverpool before the window closes, stay tuned for updates later on, and if i find out how to do screenshots i will.

falcao is pretty good, play him off a target man and he will bang the goals in. I paid a lot for him as he had already moved to europe, but hes worth it

Just started second season.

Was 4th till last few games when my team crumbled under the pressure and eventually finished 6th.

Brought owen for 10m then board sold him to lvierpool for 24.5m in jan.

Vaart was another signing at 14m voted fans player of the year.

Srna was brought for 8m.

Signed breno and ratinho in jan and breno turned out to be worst singing of the season although i thought he played pretty good.

Also signed farfan 4m banega 4m and rakitic 6m in jan transfer window. Whilst carew out 6.75m and laursen 7.5m.

At end of the season petrov left for 10m and mellberg amazingly for 12m.

A week before transfer window Moore was sold to man city by the board for 30 mill so Martins 14m and Berbatov 16m were brought in.

Hammered the little teams in the Euro Vase however first 3 prem games:

1-1 blackpool (h)(took lead blackpool had 10 men since 11 min)

1-1 arsenal (a)(took lead early but equaliser was soon after)

3-3 man city (h) (Zat Knight sent off in 87 min and Srna scored in 92nd min to clinch a draw)

My Villa are good, although i lost 6-3 to united i some how beat Liverpool 7-1 i haven't bought anyone apart from Scott Carson's younger brother (under 18s) and Ashley Young's younger brother (under 18s). Carew is absolutely crap for me and Luke Moore was at the start but is now awesome, Agbonlahor however is amazing and has scored something like 20 goals in 15 games, Martin Laursen wants to leave villa though to go to Juventus. I'm also scoring for fun with forty goals in 15 games but i am letting in a lot i need some good defenders so if any of you have any recommendations I'd be happy as i have 26 mil to spend.

Here are some pictures :

squad

villasquadnd1.png

7-1

71xk0.png

Forty goals in fifteen games / 27 goals let in in 15 games

scoringapproachnp4.png

What tactics are you guys using for Villa?

I'd like some ideas on tactics aswell.

Just started my second season and my Villa team is destinctly average in performance. Finished 10th in 1st season and only made the UEFA cup through the Intertoto.

I play 4-3-1-2 at home and a flat 4-4-2 away from home with the players below.

GK Ian Turner

DR Hutton

DL Armand Traore

DC Breno

DC Z Knight/C Davies

MR A Young

DMC/MC Banega/Flamini

AMC/MC Van Der Vaart

ML Barry

FC Gyan Asamoah

FC L Moore/Harewood

I've got 35m to spend after in January after selling Carew, Gardner (for 10.5m up front and 10m over 12mths!!) and Petrov so any other player recommendations would be welcome aswell.

I'm letting my asst man (Ricardo Moniz) do all the team talks. All attacking players are all set with high closing down, attacking mentality and relatively high creative freedom and the defensive players are the oppsite.

I can manage maybe three or four wins on the bounce but these are usually followed by 3 losses and a draw and can't get a run together.

Is Gareth Barry worth selling aswell? There's got to be someone better for LM, but should I sell the captain?

Originally posted by Sherps:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frankie 7:

What tactics are you guys using for Villa?

I'd like some ideas on tactics aswell.

Just started my second season and my Villa team is destinctly average in performance. Finished 10th in 1st season and only made the UEFA cup through the Intertoto.

I play 4-3-1-2 at home and a flat 4-4-2 away from home with the players below.

GK Ian Turner

DR Hutton

DL Armand Traore

DC Breno

DC Z Knight/C Davies

MR A Young

DMC/MC Banega/Flamini

AMC/MC Van Der Vaart

ML Barry

FC Gyan Asamoah

FC L Moore/Harewood

I've got 35m to spend after in January after selling Carew, Gardner (for 10.5m up front and 10m over 12mths!!) and Petrov so any other player recommendations would be welcome aswell.

I'm letting my asst man (Ricardo Moniz) do all the team talks. All attacking players are all set with high closing down, attacking mentality and relatively high creative freedom and the defensive players are the oppsite.

I can manage maybe three or four wins on the bounce but these are usually followed by 3 losses and a draw and can't get a run together.

Is Gareth Barry worth selling aswell? There's got to be someone better for LM, but should I sell the captain? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i am selling barry cos he was not doing much for me in def or mid so i thought its time for him to go so yeah i would sell him to get the money but dont leave it too long cos he value is only £3.5m on mine now so cash in mate and get yaself a new LM bud

can any 1 help me my villa side r not getting goals and r letting them in for fun i need a hole revamp on my team cos there is only 1 english man in the hole of my team.

I have tried all the tatics doing and all the diff trainning but not making a lot of diff so plz can someone help me with the hole team it would b most helpful if any of you guys can help as this is my run in the leauge since i started.

1st season 3rd in the prem

semi-final of the leauge cup

Quater-final of the fa cup

2nd season 10th in the prem

champions leauge 1st knockout round

quater-final of the leauge cup

5th round of the fa cup

now i am in my 3rd season and its bad i am 15th in the prem and i dont think that i will do anything in the cups eather so plz i need help b4 i get the sack

Aston Villa 3rd Season

GK-Shust (Preston Edwards)

DL-Gareth Barry (Lewis Stevenson)

DR-Barragan (Aleandro Rosi)

DC-Curtis (Zat Knight)

DC-Chygrynskyi (Kim Jin-Kyoo)

DM- Ever Banega

DM- Lorik Cana (Pierre Ducasse)

AML- D'Alessandro (Ashley Young)

AMR- Farfan (Saivet)

AMC-Van der Vaart

ST-Luke Moore (Vagner Love)

So far;

First season I have finished 2nd and semi final in FA cup.

Second season I have finished 6th , semi final in FA & Quarter final in Champions league

any opinions?

Aston Villa in my first season and ive won my opening two league games.

My team is:

Carson/Sorenson

Ignashevich/Hutton

Van Damme/Bouma

Samba/Laursen

Davies/Knight

Banega/Reo Coker

Young/Maloney

Matias Fernandez/Petrov

Aissati/Barry

Zarate/Young

Owen/Carew

Need alot of staff brought in, most of them went to different Premier Legaue clubs. Any ideas who i could bring in?

Pulling this from the top of my head as I'm on Christmas vacation at the moment.

Had a horrible first season and ended up at 14th place. Mostly because I had trouble finding a working tactic (had to switch mid-season) and I didn't bring in any new strikers. Carew, Agbonlahor, Harewood and Moore was never able to score consistently enough for me.

I've sold a lot of the original squad. Got a lot for Maloney (-> Manchester City) and Agbonlahor (-> Lazio) in the 2nd season.

1st Season (14th)

In: Breno, Banega, Torje, Wijnaldum

2nd Season (4th)

In: Guilherme, Fanni, Leonardo, Sóbis, Briand, Coman, Riquelme (January)

3rd Season (I'm lying 1st in November)

In: Babel, Cana + some promising regens

Here's my 3rd season Aston Villa team:

GK: Danut Coman / Some average Italian keeper

DL: Guilherme / Gareth Barry

DC: Breno / Zat Knight

DC: Curtis Davies / Zat Knight

DR: Rod Fanni / Gareth Barry

MCL: Leonardo / Ashley Young

DM: Lorik Cana / Reo-Coker

AM: Riquelme / Wijnaldum / Banega

MCR: Ryan Babel / Gabriel Torje

ST: Jimmy Briand / Ashley Young

ST: Rafael Sóbis / Ashley Young

Lorik Cana currently has to cover for me at DC because both Curtis Davies and Zat Knight are injured (long-term).

Briand, Leonardo and Sóbis was immense for me in my 2nd season. Especially Briand and Leonardo. Briand scored some 50 goals (all competitions), and Leonardo had 15-20 assists.

Babel has played very well for me so far in my 3rd season, and Breno has turned out to be an amazing investment (his stats have improved a lot since the 1st season)

Probably going to bring in better backup for DL and DR next season. Also thinking about purchasing Fernando Torres (Liverpool aren't doing so wellicon_biggrin.gif). Will try to bring in Ustari or Akinfeev as well, and a decent 4th DC

• 2 weeks later...

My first season was bad. Finished 11th in the league. only got to the Quarter Final of the FA cup.

Just couldn't get a tactic to work at all.

Into second season, and in UEFA Cup playing from 1st round.

Board have accepted a £15 million offer from Spurs for Gareth Barry. I don't want to accept.

Jue wanted to buy Agbonlahor for £9.5 million up front and a further £5 million in 12 months with 10% sell on. But i refused. He i splaying out his skin ion pre season so they may come back.

Bought Stancu for £2 million in season 1, Sold him to reading for £5 million in season 2. Nice profit there.

My Team with Villa

10. Carew 25. Vagner Love

11. Kewell

6.Barry 20. Reo-Coker 7.Young

3. Bouma 5. Laursen 16. Knight 23. Demel

On the bench...

34. Sorensen

4. Mellberg

15. Denilson

19. Petrov

17. Agbonlahor

Top of table after 11 games in first season, 8 wins, 3 draws. We score loads but concede loads as well, I've won 5-3 twice, 4-2 twice, and drawn 5-5. Carew is an absolute beast I was going to drop him when i signed Love but he's hit 11 goals in 9 starts (1 sub app)

Guest johnny82

Any Ideas for a Keeper 2nd season? kept hold of Sorenson and taylor but not convinced.

Plus Any1 had any luck selling harewood?

Finnished 10th 1st season was nrly sacked like 4 times but they still gave me 20 odd million 2nd season with high expectations spent bout half so far need a goalie and a quality Centre-half?

Has Any1 had a dodgeir result than Chelsea 8 villa 5? Chelsea had only conceded bout 9 all season til then

started a new game as villa. in august, just about to start the season. told the board i'd get euro qualification so got £21 million to spend, which was upped to just over £30 million after reducing the wage bill.

started by getting rid of the deadwood. sold the following:

harewood (£1 mil)

mellberg (£2 mil)

laursen (£2 mil)

osborne (£1.5 mil)

carew (£4.5 mil)

gardener (£1.5 mil)

reo-coker (£7.5 mil)

income - £20 mil

brought in some new staff, then went on a spending spree with millions and got:

fernandez (£8.5 mil + 40% sell-on)

eddie johnson (£2 mil)

kevin doyle (£8 mil)

lulinha (£2 mil - next season joins)

farfan (£5.5 mil + 20% sell-on)

taylor (£5 mil + 10% sell-on)

derek boateng (£1 mil)

kristoffer haestad (£1 mil)

banega (£2.5 mil)

cani (£4.5 mil)

tunchev (£450K)

samba (£600K)

ignashevich (Free)

sidwell (loan)

outlay - £41mil

i've still got £7 million left and need a new left back. any suggestions? trying to get shorey but don't think i'll be able to afford him. my formations are:

home:

gk: carson

dr: taylor

dl: tunchev

dc: knight

dc: davies

mc: barry (backwards arrow)

mc: boateng

amr: young

amc: fernandez

aml: farfan

fc: doyle

away:

same defence, then:

dmc: banega

mc: barry

mc: fernandez

amr: young

aml: farfan

fc: doyle

Guest johnny82

Start of second season just bin offered 12.3 million off pompey for reo-coker!

I think its a gud deal but Not sure Is he easily replacable? and who wud u get? or even a gud forward cos ill av that and 5 mill to spend! only got english leagues running so some of the foreigners ive heard mentioned do show up on my game

finished first season 6th

currently midway through second season summer and although I need 2 new strikers squad is looking like this

Sorenson/Dudek

Hutton/Gabri

Knight/Davies

Cahill/Ayala

Barry/Bourma

Menez/Maloney

Reo Coker/Denilson

Peroditi (Sp...comes from Auxerre - france international)/ Gardner

Gabby A/Young

Carew

Moore

i play a 442 formation and I have backup players like

-Diego Bunataette (sp)

-Harewood

-Faure

-Goosens

-S Taylor

Trying to get rid of Harewood and will let striker Faure say until end of contract next year as backup. Taylor going soon hopefully

Looking to the future, i am trying to build a young team, but realise the need to have experince in the squad, especially as it is first year in europe (hence summer signings of Ayala (3.5m) and Dudek (free)

Im going to replace Dudek next summer with a goalkeeper I can eventually replace the exellent Sorenson with (Lloris or Foster ideally) and next summer I believe I will also need to replace Gabri and possibly get a young (19-22yrs) replacement for Carew....

Any input/ideas for 2 strikers needed this summer and other areas of improvement!

I'm a Celtic fan but thought i would give villa a try due to martin o'neill, maloney, petrov etc. so here goes...

First of all, sold: Osbourne(1.6M) Gardner(2.3) Salifou(1.4) Berger(475K)

Then bought: Banega(3.7M) Belluschi(4.1M) Hutton(2.7M) Matias Fernandez(8M and hes immense) with a raid on Brazil's youngsters, Breno, Lulinha, Alex, Guilherme(striker) and David coming in either Jamuary or at the end of the season.

Season started really well with the first game...wait for it...5-0 win against Birmingham followed by 5 wins and 3 draws. In 4th place somehow being unbeaten after 9 games lol.

Seen a few people asking, a tactic for Villa anyone? Not really found a good one yet. Cheers

My Aston Villa 1st season 11th, 2nd season 9th, 3rd season finish 6th (all due to wrong and inconsistent tactics)

now with new signing Veloso and Modric and winning tactics sitting 1st in Premiership 1 point ahead of Liverpool with a game in hand P10 W9 D0 L1

Guilherme

Just ended my second season finishing 4th and gaining CL football. Lost in the FA Cup final to Chelsea.

Board just gave me new two year deal so am happy with that. I keep getting enquiries about Ashley Young, How much should i sell him for?

I've started a game as Villa. I have no idea why!

Unlike many on here I've decided to keep their team almost intact. I think it is quite bizarre that people choose to start with a Prem team and completely dismantle it without trying it. One poster in the thread even had no Villa players in his team in season 2.

TRANSFERS IN

Therefore I've brought in a RB, as the squad seemed to be missing one. After looking at a few options I managed to get the Wigan board to accept my 4.5m bid.

In addition to this I wanted to sign two players whom I've had my eye on in this game whilst playing LLM. Van Der Vaart and Doyle.

I signed the two of them. Doyle made Moore unhappy as he feared for his place. VDV gives my team a little quality that they were lacking before.

TEAM

GK Carson

LB Barry

RB Taylor

CB Davies

CB Laursen

DMC Osbourne

MC Maloney

AML Young

AMR Agbonlahor

CF Doyle

Reserves From

Sorenson, Bouma, Knight, Carew, Moore, Mellberg, Petrov, Reo-Coker

If I could sell Harewood I wood.

I've off loaded Gardner and a couple of no name reserves.

Results wise I've started off with a mixed bag. Winning at home and losing away.

I've used my own tactic which I am keen to develop using this squad.

Aim this season - 6th place.

Currently - too early to say

Is it just me or is Agbonlahor a Goal machine?

38 goals in his first season, winning europes golden boot, and 25 so far in my second season (january)

also how do u stop your players wanting to leave as soon as another team makes an offer for them?

I've had to sell Reo Coker to portsmouth and now Collocini has handed in a tranny request becuse I rejected liverpools offer.

is it ok just to leave them unhappy?

Does anyone know why my defence leak golas for Fun? Im playing a straight forward 442 with Reo-coker tracking back to help the defence.

It appears almost impossible for me to keep a clean sheet.

Archived