My in depth guide to how I've had success and immensely enjoyed FM8.0.1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by safc4eva:

How did you start as Gateshead? They are not in my game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to holiday for a season and hope that they are one of the teams that get promoted to the Blue Square North. You can then add yourself as their manager and retire the bloke who you were using to holiday for a season.

Have a read on Dafuges excellent challange to get the full lowdown on how to do this and where to save so that you can keep re-loading until they are the team that gets promoted.

Just to update, I'm currently top of the Championship in my second season there and soon Gateshead will be playing Premiership football. Still just using the same tactic and all the techniques listed above so for me it's all still working very well.

Great work and a quality post chopper99 icon14.gif

With a little time and patience, it just goes to show that it's still possible to take a "little" club up to the top.

There have been so many threads saying how hard or impossible it is with FM08. Granted, IRL, you don't see it happen these days, unless someone with a wedge of cash buys a club - like Wigan Athletic.

In the game though, you can still do it, as chopper99 clearly shows.

I just wish people had a bit more patience.

PS - I completely understand about getting rid of non-essential staff & players, especially with Gateshead. The big stadium is quite a drain on resources until it starts filling up when you rise up the leagues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

isn't it the whole point to experiment and find your own unique tactic that works? what is the point in copying someone else's?

congrats to you for finding success, well done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole point is playing the game however you want, if that means using someone elses tactics as a base to learn the game and then develop your own style then that's a a lot better than constantly struggling with the game to the point where you give up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

isn't it the whole point to experiment and find your own unique tactic that works? what is the point in copying someone else's?

congrats to you for finding success, well done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole point is playing the game however you want, if that means using someone elses tactics as a base to learn the game and then develop your own style then that's a a lot better than constantly struggling with the game to the point where you give up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually....that is not the whole point.

why would you want to develop your own tactics and struggle after using someone else's tactics that made you hugely successful. you'd keep on playing with the same tactics, thinking that you are god's gift to fm.

i just realised that you are the o.p.

no wonder you are pushing your own 'crazy' ideas

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well spotted icon_wink.gif

I wrote this thread in the first place because I'd seen loads of people complaining about tactics in the game, particularly that tactics were too important compared to quality of players. It dawned on me that I could keep the same tactic that I'd manged to develop down in the BSN and as I improved my squad, my performances improved noticeably. So I knew this was the kind of thing some people were looking for.

If people want to use the tactic great, if they just want to use some of the tips then great or if they don't want to use any of it then again, great. But some people are looking for help as they are really struggling with the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skintsaint:

All this info can be found in the Training and tactics forum icon_wink.gif

Nice write up though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, mainly because this thread, that I also wrote in there, is part of the tactics bible icon_wink.gif

Archived