Chelsea 2011/12 Thread

Philip Rolfe

Well deserved for players like Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Essien, Cole, Kalou, Cech and Malouda who have been here for so long, they really did deserve to win something like this. And everyone else ofcourse, just that this was probably last chance for them and they've been some of the top players in Europe for so long now.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so ****ing ruined right now. still the best game i have ever seen in my life. i would literally bum drogba right now. i ****ing love that man. what a win. making history. massive for the club. i ****ing love it

Congratulations Chelsea on finally lifting the European cup, the way they have managed to play in the last 2 rounds has been nothing short of tremendous (as a rangers fan defensive style when outmatched is kinda nice to see working) and after seeing that Gomez chap miss what seemed to be his 318th chance i felt that Chelsea would pull it off.

I really would like to see Di Matteo given the job permanently now, he has earned it IMO, and give drogba his 2 years aswell, the guy has been immense in the CL knock out stages (even if he does fall over easily)

p.s The fact that the win also knocks spurs out last champions league spot also gave me a chuckle, well done!

Couldn't believe what we went through last night, but it's monumental nights like that that make us all Chelsea fans.

That squad will forever be remembered as immortals and club legends for doing the unthinkable and always defying the odds. RDM, give that man a knighthood!

Took a while to sink in and all! CTID! :applause::D:applause:

This from a City fan, well done Chelsea! You did a European number on Munich much the way European teams have done to English teams over the years. I kind of knew you would win from the moment Lamps scored Cech had been close to every pen and I think the Bayern players were starting to get nervous. BTW considering Munich were "at home" it seemed Chelsea made the most noise (except just after the first goal) even when they got the Injury time pen. they were pretty un-excited.

The Sunday People has a bizarre article claiming if Di Matteo doesn't get the Chelsea job he will replace Nigel Adkins at Southampton.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/southampton-could-replace-nigel-adkins-with-di-matteo/

Alan Nixon (Sports writer for The People/The Mirror) talking about this on twitter with a Saints fan...

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko was that your piece on Adkins Al?

Alan Nixon ‏@reluctantnicko

@dankiz1 Yup. Complicated as u can see. Been a nagging doubt for a few weeks. See how this one unfolds.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko is there a vibe in the ether? His comments after cov game were strange, we all thought something was afoot!

@dankiz1 I don't know whether Adkins is fearing a problem or whether there is one. That's why I held off for weeks. Cortese wants sexy ...

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko saying that NA deserves his shot, players play for him and he has done wonders! RDM wont get cfc job but too big 4 us now

@dankiz1 I don't know the workings of the top man's mind. It could be that the manager is just a bit jumpy. But heard it from three angles.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko so imp for us to recruit prem players now for impetus in new season, not change manager! NC could risk everything

@dankiz1 Big call for club. Do u go for big names or not? If u r loaded, why not? Could be a Don Mackay-Kenny Dalglish moment ...

@dankiz1 As always it will come down to the man who controls the purse strings. A situation to be watched.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko I am torn tbh! Still think 1 or 2 experienced prem players with potential of Ince and Phillips would be way forward

@dankiz1 U can't knock Cortese's management even if he is a man of mystery. Shrewd and prepared to spend. It is down to him.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko on another note, do you think RDM will get #cfc job? Listening to players last night, vibe was no? Was capello there?

@dankiz1 Who knows where Chelsea go from here? Roman done what he wanted. Does he kick on or lose interest? Not my problem.

simon thorpe ‏@dankiz1

@reluctantnicko can see Roman walking but u r right, not our problem! more to think about seeing if saints can get 4th place lol

@dankiz1 If u spend wisely it will put u ahead of your rivals.

Archived